Sign in to follow this  
christgs80

Anybody seen The Killers in concert?

Seeing them tomorrow night with Hot Hot Heat in a small outside venue here in KC.

Can't wait....always have enjoyed their music.

Anybody seen them?

Any good?

I saw them open for stellastarr* in April 2004, before their first album came out. They put on a good show, but their sound wasn't all that great. And I don't mean the equipment. There's just a lot of studio magic on that album.

I keep hearing this annoying ad for the killers on my local sports radio station. :wacko:

I saw them open for stellastarr* in April 2004, before their first album came out. They put on a good show, but their sound wasn't all that great. And I don't mean the equipment. There's just a lot of studio magic on that album.

Have you ever seen a live show by the band Halloween, Alaska? I ask because they are from the Minneapolis area and play there frequently.

Have you ever seen a live show by the band Halloween, Alaska? I ask because they are from the Minneapolis area and play there frequently.

Not yet. I seem to always have some kind of conflict on the nights they play. And of course they're not playing at the moment because they're working on their new album.

I absolutely love their song "Des Moines." I frequently listen to it over and over again.

Not yet. I seem to always have some kind of conflict on the nights they play. And of course they're not playing at the moment because they're working on their new album.

I absolutely love their song "Des Moines." I frequently listen to it over and over again.

Thats a pretty good one, but Four Corners is definitely my favorite. That whole first album was pretty awesome, but I thought the newer one pretty much stank, with the exception of Drowned.

Anyway, they are really good live. You should definitely catch one of their shows when they start playing again. :wacko:

Anyway, they are really good live. You should definitely catch one of their shows when they start playing again. :wacko:

They did an in-studio on The Current in the station's early days and they were absolutely hilarious. So they've got that going for them, too.

They're always on my concert spreadsheet. I'll make it a priority to get to whatever CD release show they'll do when the album comes out.

I have seen them twice live. They played a ton a songs with little or no breaks in between. Very fast show with lots of energy. Good live indoors. So-so outdoors.

They did an in-studio on The Current in the station's early days and they were absolutely hilarious. So they've got that going for them, too.

I remember that. I think it was right after that when I saw them play live at the Loring in Dinkytown. They were supposed to play at the grand opening of the Varsity Theatre, but the opening was delayed by city inspectors so they had to switch it to the Loring at the last minute. They still put on a great show, even under such difficult circumstances.

I remember that. I think it was right after that when I saw them play live at the Loring in Dinkytown. They were supposed to play at the grand opening of the Varsity Theatre, but the opening was delayed by city inspectors so they had to switch it to the Loring at the last minute. They still put on a great show, even under such difficult circumstances.

Oh, the Varsity. That's where they were playing the most recent time I missed them, I think. Around the end of April.

God, I love that venue.

Hey chris,

whats your email address? I'd like to meet-up sometime at a Royals game, and next time we head down I'll shoot you an email if I have it...

christgs80@yahoo.com

Yeah, haven't been on this board much lately....just kind of drifted away.

Royals game sounds good to me....you been much this season?

christgs80@yahoo.com

Yeah, haven't been on this board much lately....just kind of drifted away.

Royals game sounds good to me....you been much this season?

once :cheers:

ill let you know next ytime we head down

The Killers halt third album

Fans will have to wait for next record

The Killers have told fans that they will have to wait patiently for their third album.

In an interview with Billboard, guitarist Dave Keuning said that recording won't even take place until mid-2008, although he confirmed that they have already started rehearsing for new ideas for the record.

Speaking of the band's plans, Keuning said that they have been "jamming here and there in soundcheck" but that "the recording, it's at least a year off, so it's hard to say what will be kept".

He concluded, "A lot of people are dying to know what the third album's going to sound like, and I can't answer that."

The third record will follow on from the band's 2004 debut 'Hot Fuss' and follow-up 'Sam's Town', which was released in 2006.

Hey cutie!!!

Where ya been?! :mad:

I lurk from time to time....don't really post that much anymore.

How have you been my dear?

By the way...Killers rocked the sh!t out of it last night. Great show they put on.