Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Three Draft Commentary**

FantasyKing hasn't been online at all in the last three hours.....anybody see any mention from him about being gone for an extended period of time?

People in a TE mandatory league, that's who.

Since you already had two RBs, I had zero problem with it.

I knew that you would understand. There just always seems to be that contingent of FantaNatzi's that blow a synapse, or two whenever I do it. "A TE IN THE 3rd ROUND???!!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???!!!"

It's quicte fun to watch, actually.

ICEMAN

13th in my two local leagues. Walker was 6th.

13th doesn't seem possible......... :banana:

Dude, that's unpossible!

ICEMAN

1 point per 20 yards rushing or receiving???

That's a pretty TD-heavy system. Definitely not the standard yardage league (1 per 10 yards)

That's why Williams is so low. If you were in a more standard yardage system, he'd be much higher.

For example, in most leagues, 38 yards receiving = 3 points. It your league, it only = 1.

This won't be a popular pick, but he is my #8 wideout, and sitting on top of my list now. Two others are close, but don't have the Chemistry that Driver has with his qb. Exactly the same spot as in the Jetdoc.

Surprised to see Palmer go so late in the draft, would've thought him a guy back at that turn. I'd love to take a QB that good late in the third, IMO an equal pick to Peyton. I assume he was the one Fumble was talking about, being shocked that he had fallen this far and wishing he could've taken Palmer with his upcoming pick and a different player at 2.2? Maybe Fumble is starting to buy into my Peyton talk. :banana:

That's a pretty TD-heavy system. Definitely not the standard yardage league (1 per 10 yards)

That's why Williams is so low. If you were in a more standard yardage system, he'd be much higher.

For example, in most leagues, 38 yards receiving = 3 points. It your league, it only = 1.

He won't have Charles Rogers and Mike williams eating away at his catches too :banana:

May have made a mistake picking Manning where I did.......I really thought some things would be shaking out differently at this point.

Unpredictable, I tell you.....totally unpredictable. :banana:

Never mind. I'm good. Palmer was gone.

Evans was one of the other two I spoke of. It was very tempting due to he really has no competition there. He also had one huge game last season which kinda padded his stats. Ii remember well, I owned him.

Wow, I'm just shocked to see the love that Lee Evans is getting this year. I would be WAY uncomfortable blowing a third rounder on him. Without looking, how many 100 yard games do you think this guy had last year? Give up? The answer is three. I have to believe that the guys excited about drafting Evans so high this year did not have him on their rosters last season. I did, and he felt very hit or miss, a guy who could get you 2 or 20 every week. I realize that is a common receiver problem, but not one I want to deal with for a guy I take in the third or high fourth round. Evans had 1300/8 in the end last year, but 150/1 of that came in a meaningless game so it's really 1150/7. On top of that was the one absolutely monster week where he caught two huge bomb TDs. If you ignore that week when you surely destroyed your opponent -- if you decided to play Evans that week (and yes I'm bitter, I didn't) -- you end up with a 900/5 WR. To me, that is what Evans felt like last season, a 900/5 guy, for most of the year. He would disappear fairly often, and every now and then he'd have a very nice game. He feels like a guy who would be an awesome WR3, a decent WR2, and a WR1 I would die with. I know you can sit there and pick apart numbers for most players, but it really just seemed the case with Evans last year. I was very high on him last season and had him in my top 10 going into the season, and until the last week or two I honestly didn't even know that I apparently was right. He certainly never felt like a top 10 receiver to me.

This is about where I'm seeing Evans go, so I'm not ripping on the pick per se, I just do not at all understand the love for him. I truly believe the people drafting him this high must not have had him last year.

Definitely not on the Lee Evans bandwagon either, I think he should be more of a 5th-6th rounder. Somebody's drinking the FFToday rankings Kool-Ai :P d.

Wow, I'm just shocked to see the love that Lee Evans is getting this year. I would be WAY uncomfortable blowing a third rounder on him. Without looking, how many 100 yard games do you think this guy had last year? Give up? The answer is three. I have to believe that the guys excited about drafting Evans so high this year did not have him on their rosters last season. I did, and he felt very hit or miss, a guy who could get you 2 or 20 every week. I realize that is a common receiver problem, but not one I want to deal with for a guy I take in the third or high fourth round. Evans had 1300/8 in the end last year, but 150/1 of that came in a meaningless game so it's really 1150/7. On top of that was the one absolutely monster week where he caught two huge bomb TDs. If you ignore that week when you surely destroyed your opponent -- if you decided to play Evans that week (and yes I'm bitter, I didn't) -- you end up with a 900/5 WR. To me, that is what Evans felt like last season, a 900/5 guy, for most of the year. He would disappear fairly often, and every now and then he'd have a very nice game. He feels like a guy who would be an awesome WR3, a decent WR2, and a WR1 I would die with. I know you can sit there and pick apart numbers for most players, but it really just seemed the case with Evans last year. I was very high on him last season and had him in my top 10 going into the season, and until the last week or two I honestly didn't even know that I apparently was right. He certainly never felt like a top 10 receiver to me.

This is about where I'm seeing Evans go, so I'm not ripping on the pick per se, I just do not at all understand the love for him. I truly believe the people drafting him this high must not have had him last year.

Agreed. I had him last year in the IBL, and while it was nice that he would have huge games, it was a pain in the ass trying to figure out if this was the week he'd blow up, or the week he'd blow.

This mock and no hassel is 1 point for every 10 yards rushed or received and six for TD's. I see him as a 185 point plus guy this season. What is the deal?

I like the Bills' new offensive coordinator/system. And, Losman is starting to come around. I'm excited about Evans. :P

This mock and no hassel is 1 point for every 10 yards rushed or received and six for TD's. I see him as a 185 point plus guy this season. What is the deal?

I agree with you. That was my point in conversing with remote. His scoring system is very yardage un-friendly and very WR un-friendly with regards to yardage and receptions. He's practically playing in a TD-only league.

I agree with you. That was my point in conversing with remote. His scoring system is very yardage un-friendly and very WR un-friendly with regards to yardage and receptions. He's practically playing in a TD-only league.

Even with 10 yards and 6 per TD scoring, he only was ranked 10th (decimal scoring, no PPR).

Even with 10 yards and 6 per TD scoring, he only was ranked 10th (decimal scoring, no PPR).

True. My league has yardage bonuses for big yardage games (120+ yards). He had several of those kinds of games, so totals were a bit higher. Here's a link to my league's WR scoring:

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2007...ints&TEAM=*

He was sixth.

The only rank that matters is mine. I have him ahead of everyone taken after him and dead even with

Fitzy. With Bolden a potential vulture, I did not want to get involved. But as I said earlier, there are about five receivers who will most likely be within 20 points of each other whan the dust settles. I went with a younger guy who at times looks like a man among boys.