Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Final Comments

No need to thank me. I had a blast and really wanted to do this. I am hoping for a little discusssion on the mock, overall impressions, etc.

Butcher, check out the most current rounds before picking. I'm way behind on the updates. I think it was 21.10 the last time I got around to it. Sorry.

No need to thank me.

... but I will anyway. Fantastic job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'll post final comments tomorrow when I have some time...

Cheers.

Butcher, check out the most current rounds before picking. I'm way behind on the updates. I think it was 21.10 the last time I got around to it. Sorry.

Come on Zap....like I'm going to pick someone that was already taken. Geez.

Butcher, check out the most current rounds before picking.  I'm way behind on the updates.  I think it was 21.10 the last time I got around to it.  Sorry.

Come on Zap....like I'm going to pick someone that was already taken. Geez.

:headbanger:

Dinner time for me. BBQing hot dogs and hamburgers for 6 starved midgets. I'll get rid of all but one of them soon, she'll crash for the night, and I will update everything by 10:00 EST.

Just got NCAA Football 2005. I'm extremely pumped. I'll post comments later. Zap, just finish off my draft with consensus QB then DB.

Thanks for everything man

Just got NCAA Football 2005. I'm extremely pumped. I'll post comments later. Zap, just finish off my draft with consensus QB then DB.

I thought it wasn't coming out til' this weekend! I guess if your king of the mall, you get things a little earlier than everyone else. :headbanger:

Way to take the lazy way out the last couple rounds, King. :P

I thought it wasn't coming out til' this weekend! I guess if your king of the mall, you get things a little earlier than everyone else. :headbanger:

Way to take the lazy way out the last couple rounds, King. :P

I think he was just getting intimidated by the quality of this mock. :P

I'm still debating getting that to hold me over until Madden or ESPN Football, or whatever it's called.

I'm still debating getting that to hold me over until Madden or ESPN Football, or whatever it's called.

get it, it's a HUGE step-up from 2004. I can't stop playing it. Dynasty mode is REDICULOUS. Have to go out tonight tho with the gf.

NCAA Football 2005 is good, but.....

poosay is MUCH better.

HTH

Also, do you get a discount at your mall? I'll split the difference with you... :headbanger:

Thanks for comments, even though for the second night in a row, I've fallen asleep after claiming I was about to do updates. I think it's this summer heat. I just crashed for about an hour and a half between 6 and 7:30?? :headbanger:

I'm here and ready to pick, just waiting for mac. :headbanger:

Great job with the mock Zap and great job by all you guys, this was a helluva draft.

I will start updating in a few minutes. It looks like MacGregor is here, and I think I have one player left for FF Aff, FFKing has thrown in the towel, so I'll pick his, and maybe we stall, maybe not. Depends on how many of your who haven't sent lists are here late night. I still think we can finish this off if you send me ONE more pick each. Well, those of you who haven't already done so...

fftdpatron@yahoo.com

I'm here and ready to pick, just waiting for mac. :headbanger:

Great job with the mock Zap and great job by all you guys, this was a helluva draft.

Doh! Nevermind my last post. Hang in there for Mac, because your list is toast.

Good job Zap. Thanks for organizing :headbanger:

[Edit: and for being a hardass :P ]

Good job all! I have one final bit of advice for the IDP newbies. In a league like this that does not require specific D positions (Cornerbacks, Safties, Linebackers, Defensive Ends and Defensive Tackles), stay away from Cornerbacks and Defensive Tackles. The reason for this is that they don't usually get as many tackles or even assisted tackles as the other positions. They may get a sack or interception once in a while but those are almost impossible to predict, while tackle numbers are pretty consistant from year to year. Strong Safties tend to get alot more tackles then Free Safties so they should usualy go first. Also for this reason when taking LB's take MLB's first, WLB's second and finally strong siders. There is always an exception to the rule(Indy's SSLB's are usually better than their WLB's imo because of the defensive scheme they run) but you will be better off 99% of the time if you follow these guidelines. Finally Defensive Ends are very top heavy IMO and unless you can get a top one early clean up on your MLB's and your Strong Safties and then get a young DE with upside late or even one off week one waivers. I hope this advice helps you newbies(but not Zap) and good luck to everyone in your IDP leagues. :headbanger:

Good job all! I have one final bit of advice for the IDP newbies. In a league like this that does not require specific D positions (Cornerbacks, Safties, Linebackers, Defensive Ends and Defensive Tackles), stay away from Cornerbacks and Defensive Tackles. The reason for this is that they don't usually get as many tackles or even assisted tackles as the other positions. They may get a sack or interception once in a while but those are almost impossible to predict, while tackle numbers are pretty consistant from year to year. Strong Safties tend to get alot more tackles then Free Safties so they should usualy go first. Also for this reason when taking LB's take MLB's first, WLB's second and finally strong siders. There is always an exception to the rule(Indy's SSLB's are usually better than their WLB's imo because of the defensive scheme they run) but you will be better off 99% of the time if you follow these guidelines. Finally Defensive Ends are very top heavy IMO and unless you can get a top one early clean up on your MLB's and your Strong Safties and then get a young DE with upside late or even one off week one waivers. I hope this advice helps you newbies(but not Zap) and good luck to everyone in your IDP leagues. :angry:

Being an IDP veteran of over 10 years, I couldn't agree more with Bluepointer. Defensive Ends over Tackles, Safeties over Corners, and MLBs over OLBs. :thumbsup:

I'll echo everyone's thanks to Zap...great job organizing and keeping things moving. It was definately the best mock I've ever done. :thumbsup:

I was looking at everyone's team, and for me it's really hard to pick a winner. I don't think there is one team that stands out as being a lot better or worse than the rest. Pretty even IMO.

I've only been doing IDP for 2 years, but this year my IDP league folded. So this didn't really benifit or prepare me for the up coming season.....but it was fun. I'll probably look to join another IDP league sometime, but haven't tried for this year yet. Anyway, thanks for letting me be a part of it. Good luck to all this year.

Good job all!

I hope this advice helps you newbies(but not Zap) and good luck to everyone in your IDP leagues. :thumbsup:

Who you callin' a newbie, squirt? :angry:

Good advice, and there seems to be more exceptions to the rule rising up these days. At least at the FS and CB spot.

I'll echo everyone's thanks to Zap...great job organizing and keeping things moving. It was definately the best mock I've ever done. :thumbsup:

I was looking at everyone's team, and for me it's really hard to pick a winner. I don't think there is one team that stands out as being a lot better or worse than the rest. Pretty even IMO.

I've only been doing IDP for 2 years, but this year my IDP league folded. So this didn't really benifit or prepare me for the up coming season.....but it was fun. I'll probably look to join another IDP league sometime, but haven't tried for this year yet. Anyway, thanks for letting me be a part of it. Good luck to all this year.

Maybe you missed it, but I have ONE opening in GOIDPANKAL, right here on this board. You've done enough here to avoid my typical screening process. But always remember and never forget, you can't play with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy. :angry:

:D

As of this post, hold my calls, I'm going in. Updates will be done on the hour. Proxies will be completed tonight, the final outcome will be posted in all it's glory first thing in the morning for you easterners, later tonight for you insomniacs.

I guess it won't hurt to clean up our last picks in the morning. I'll just disappear into my updates and if he picks, we'll move along, but I don't have as much listed as I thought... sooooo, see ya in the morning and we clean up the last round.

I guess it won't hurt to clean up our last picks in the morning. I'll just disappear into my updates and if he picks, we'll move along, but I don't have as much listed as I thought... sooooo, see ya in the morning and we clean up the last round.

Sounds good... I'll make my final pick first thing, if I'm up.

I guess it won't hurt to clean up our last picks in the morning.  I'll just disappear into my updates and if he picks, we'll move along, but I don't have as much listed as I thought... sooooo, see ya in the morning and we clean up the last round.

Sounds good... I'll make my final pick first thing, if I'm up.

:thumbsup:

Adrian Wilson in the last round! I really like him, a I have had him in my IDP league for a few years now. I think he'll post some good numbers in Denny Green's system.

Adrian Wilson in the last round! I really like him, a I have had him in my IDP league for a few years now. I think he'll post some good numbers in Denny Green's system.

I had him two years ago and he kicked butt. Last year he was down, so it's hard for me to assess him. The other safety there is... um... very active.

Edit: And a Super Bowl MVP. :angry:

Edit again: But there's no doubt he's better than Terrence Kiel!?!?!? :D

Edit again: Players by postion updatored. :thumbsup:

Rosters next... :ph34r:

Mike I have questions about Draft Buddy and haven't installed Excell on this thing yet. My questions are kind of involved. Should I take it to the Compiler board for all to read, or should I take it to email??

Denny Green has a DEFENSIVE system? :thumbsup:

(Sorry about Doss, I'm just firing names off the top of my head, because like I said I wouldn't really be drafting DBs here.)

That's because of the early timing of this draft, correct? Closer to the season, you would draft a team that can fill the starting spots, correct?

And if you didn't, then wouldn't you just have to drop a couple players you drafted in order to field a complete lineup for week 1?

Curious.

(Sorry about Doss, I'm just firing names off the top of my head, because like I said I wouldn't really be drafting DBs here.)

That's because of the early timing of this draft, correct? Closer to the season, you would draft a team that can fill the starting spots, correct?

And if you didn't, then wouldn't you just have to drop a couple players you drafted in order to field a complete lineup for week 1?

Curious.

Yeah, if it was within a week or so of the season, I'd do a bit more research as these guys would be starting for me for at least a week.

I'm a big fan of having a rotating defense until I get good consistent players, like I did with Bruschi and Ayodele, and others last year. It's not unusual for me to use the waiver wire as my bench for some of the IDP scrubs.

If I'm drafting more than a couple weeks in advance, as I said, I'd be taking more RBs and WRs. You know there's bound to be preseason injuries or breakouts. If none of these scrubs pan out in the preseason, I cut them and pick up my DL/DBs. The irony is that it is quite possible I'd get the same players I would have drafted.

LBs are really the only players I keep on my roster for an extended period of time, unless I find a gem at DL or DB.

LBs are really the only players I keep on my roster for an extended period of time, unless I find a gem at DL or DB.

I see the DL position alot like the TE position (low scoring but important if you get upper tier potential), especially in a 2 DL mandatory system. There's a handful of very productive players, some mediocrity and then an unknown drop off. Therefore, I try to solidify that spot before worrying about LBs or DBs. If my projected upper tier at DL gets drafted fast (like say Gonzo and Heap at TE), I'll ignore the position much like you did, but I'm more comfortable with one or two studlies there.

I had 5, count 'em, 5 LBs go down with injuries last season. Some came back, but it was a mess. This league started 30-33 LBs every Sunday (that will go up next season), and a couple teams hoarded LBs. I was left using a DB in the flex spot, and free agency as my bench. It didn't help that I had Roy Williams doing squat until I traded him. Through all that I always managed to post decent defensive numbers, so we increased the IDP starters this season to better deplete free agency. I wonder if going to 7 from 5 is enough, and I think I'll suggest 8 (like this mock).

Finally, I really appreciated your last minute participation. It was hard to fill, so thanks again. Let's do it again... :banana: ... next summer. :unsure:

Good job all!

I hope this advice helps you newbies(but not Zap) and good luck to everyone in your IDP leagues.  :unsure:

Who you callin' a newbie, squirt? :banana:

Good advice, and there seems to be more exceptions to the rule rising up these days. At least at the FS and CB spot.

I wasn't calling you a newbie, I just hate letting you in on anything that may help you in the real GOID draft. :huh:

Maybe you missed it, but I have ONE opening in GOIDPANKAL, right here on this board. You've done enough here to avoid my typical screening process. But always remember and never forget, you can't play with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy. ;)

:D

when's the draft, and is it a free league?

my arm won't be in a sling forever...