Sign in to follow this  
SFGeek

Raiders QB

Does anyone think Russell will take the reigns over during pre-season, or does Walter start the season and Russell comes in once the Raiders are 0-5?

Or Does Russell sit out 'till next year and learn the ropes? :dunno:

Everything I've heard is that Josh McCown is likely to begin the season as the starter. Russell will probably the be the #2, at least for half the season or so, and Walter will probably be #3 on the depth chart all year.

Everything I've heard is that Josh McCown is likely to begin the season as the starter. Russell will probably the be the #2, at least for half the season or so, and Walter will probably be #3 on the depth chart all year.

Ah, I forgot about Mcown.

Good point

What is Oakland's view on Walter? Do they feel that he can still become an effective QB (and thus, maybe get something of value for him via a trade)?

I haven't really heard any reports of how the Raiders view Walter. But, he was drafted two coaching staffs ago, and the new coaching staff traded for one QB and drafted another, so I can't imagine they really have plans for him. He didn't look good last year, so I doubt he has any trade value.

I haven't really heard any reports of how the Raiders view Walter. But, he was drafted two coaching staffs ago, and the new coaching staff traded for one QB and drafted another, so I can't imagine they really have plans for him. He didn't look good last year, so I doubt he has any trade value.

Walter did look bad last year but where was the help from the o-line,etc? Their offense was putrid to say the least.

NFL Network has interviewed Raider players who have stated, they wouldn't be suprized to see Russell starting from day one this season. Interesting. :wub:

NFL Network has interviewed Raider players who have stated, they wouldn't be suprized to see Russell starting from day one this season. Interesting. :wub:

They might as well bring Plunkett back down out of the booth...

They might as well bring Plunkett back down out of the booth...

Sure, Plunkett is a 21 year old Rookie.

Silly talk. :shocking:

Walter did look bad last year but where was the help from the o-line,etc? Their offense was putrid to say the least.

Everyone on the offense sucked, including Walter. Most of the time, when he did have a chance to make a play, he didn't make it.

I was under the impression that Russell would start the season. Whoever starts I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to watch! :shocking:

I heard Oaklands new staff isn't fond of Walter, and on top of that didn't he have surgery recently as well?

Josh McCown till the season is down the shitter....about week 6 or 7...and then the :dunno: pick.

you think Al Davis really cares about development? JR starts and takes his lumps. BIG lumps...

Sure, Plunkett is a 21 year old Rookie.

Silly talk. :banana:

Oh, you think...? Silly? No focking sh*t, that's exactly what this thread you started is... Why don't you put down your NFL 2007 Madden gameboy and tell me how a kid who started exactly 23 games in college is going to stack up against an NFL defense like Denver's?

If I'm the Raider coach, he doesn't see anything except the front of a clipboard for the ENTIRE season, maybe into next year as well. That's unless you want to see the kid either killed or have his confidence trashed.

You pays your money, you takes your choices. They picked him, it's a serious rebuilding year. Like it or not.

Does anyone think Russell will take the reigns over during pre-season, or does Walter start the season and Russell comes in once the Raiders are 0-5?

Or Does Russell sit out 'till next year and learn the ropes? :mad:

I think he works on his mechanics for a year while learning the raider offense.

Next year I'd expect him to start.

although if the raiders really suck bad, he may get a start or two late in the season to give him some experience.

Everyone on the offense sucked, including Walter. Most of the time, when he did have a chance to make a play, he didn't make it.

Correct...

If Russell beats out Walter and McCown in training camp, then he should start but if not, it's be wise to let him sit for a few games and learn.

Correct...

If Russell beats out Walter and McCown in training camp, then he should start but if not, it's be wise to let him sit for a few games and learn.

Like I said, I think McCown will start.

As for 2/3 on the depth chart between Russell and Walter, it's possible that Walter could win that battle in the preseason based on experience, but even if he does Russell will probably be the #2 and Walter the #3. You get a lot more snaps in practice as the #2, you communicate with the starter from the sidelines as the #2... being #3 would only retard Russell's growth. This team is probably not going anywhere this year unless McCown leads them there anyway. If McCown gets hurt and the team has to put Russell in before he is better than Walter, then so be it, it's worth it in the long run. That's a pretty standard plan.

Oh, you think...? Silly? No focking sh*t, that's exactly what this thread you started is... Why don't you put down your NFL 2007 Madden gameboy and tell me how a kid who started exactly 23 games in college is going to stack up against an NFL defense like Denver's?

If I'm the Raider coach, he doesn't see anything except the front of a clipboard for the ENTIRE season, maybe into next year as well. That's unless you want to see the kid either killed or have his confidence trashed.

You pays your money, you takes your choices. They picked him, it's a serious rebuilding year. Like it or not.

You're hurting my feelings. :lol:

I still don't know what's wrong with Josh.

I know he had Fitz and Boldin, but when he played, he put up hellacious yardage...everywhere he goes, they look for an excuse not to play him.

Now they have the best excuse...no one to throw to.

Like I said, I think McCown will start.

As for 2/3 on the depth chart between Russell and Walter, it's possible that Walter could win that battle in the preseason based on experience, but even if he does Russell will probably be the #2 and Walter the #3. You get a lot more snaps in practice as the #2, you communicate with the starter from the sidelines as the #2... being #3 would only retard Russell's growth. This team is probably not going anywhere this year unless McCown leads them there anyway. If McCown gets hurt and the team has to put Russell in before he is better than Walter, then so be it, it's worth it in the long run. That's a pretty standard plan.

Totally agree...

i realize the raiders are an NFL team. that's about it. they prob won't have any players worth a shite in FF this yr. it will be kinda like watching a train wreck. Russell might be worth drafting next yr.