Sign in to follow this  
2GOOD4U

Which one of Deuce, A. Green, or B. Jacobs is the BEST RB?

Which one of D. McAllister, A. Green, or B. Jacbos is the best option?

Right now I believe B. Jacobs will be the man in NY but Deuce could do as well (depends on how much Bush takes). I am leaning towards Jacobs but need some other opininons.

Thanks in advance.

I don't trust Jacobs. I would take the Duece. he is proven and will get most of the between the tackles carries.

PPR - Ahman might be a sneaky play

but the safest pick is Duece here

:( I think Green has the best chance for the biggest year of the three

:banana:

Apparently I'm in the minority here but I'd take Jacobs in a hearbeat over either one of these guys. Jacobs is young, on a decent offense, and his only "competition" is a very average Rueben Droughns....no matter what Jacobs gets all the GL carries and at least a good portion of the carries. If you're in a non-PPR league Jacobs is the clear choice in my opinion....he could sneak into the top 10 by years end.

Apparently I'm in the minority here but I'd take Jacobs in a hearbeat over either one of these guys. Jacobs is young, on a decent offense, and his only "competition" is a very average Rueben Droughns....no matter what Jacobs gets all the GL carries and at least a good portion of the carries. If you're in a non-PPR league Jacobs is the clear choice in my opinion....he could sneak into the top 10 by years end.

don't forget all of the hype of Ahmad Bradshaw...

problem w/ Jacobs is that you don't know if he can handle the full load, or if he will even be given the chance...

he may have alot of upside, but considering he's already lost his FB on top of everything else, he could also be the biggest bust...

so it depends on how much you like to gamble w/ a keeper...

Depends a lot on the situation.

Dependable performance - Deuce

Willing to take a shot on a potential stud - Jacobs

Keeper/dynasty - Jacobs

I don't really see any situation where Green is the pick, however. Deuce is on an infinitely better offense, they're roughly the same age, and have a comparable injury history.

It was just a couple of weeks ago that either Rotoworld or fFmastermind had a small piece on the Giants considering moving Droughns to FB....just another indication, IMO, that Jacobs is being looked at as the main ball carrier.

At the end of the day if you're a risk adverse person you're not going to want/take him...but I've been playing FF for over a decade and if I've learned anything it's that you want to take some calculated gambles...just not in the first 2 rounds.

If for some reason Jacobs falls to the 4th round in a draft it's an absolute steal. Once all the clear cut starters are gone in the early 3rd Jacobs is the first guy in that next tier I would take. JMO but I think this kid is going to absolutely explode this year.

i agree with these guys. Deuce will flourish once again in a high powered NO offense

:ninja:

It depends what you are looking for. Jacobs has the highest ceiling, Duece is the safest pick, and Ahman will probably get you the best value for where he is picked (Currently 26th rb taken). Depending on when you pick and what you need, each could work well.

It depends what you are looking for. Jacobs has the highest ceiling, Duece is the safest pick, and Ahman will probably get you the best value for where he is picked (Currently 26th rb taken). Depending on when you pick and what you need, each could work well.

This is the best answer yet. :dunno:

Depends a lot on the situation.

Dependable performance - Deuce

Willing to take a shot on a potential stud - Jacobs

Keeper/dynasty - Jacobs

I don't really see any situation where Green is the pick, however. Deuce is on an infinitely better offense, they're roughly the same age, and have a comparable injury history.

I disagree with your assessment. Deuce is good for 1,000 yards and maybe 6 TDs, but Bush will take all of his receptions and some of his carries, plus Brees likes to pass the ball. Jacobs has a lot of upside and should get most of the TDs, but he won't get any receptions either. Green will get the majority of carries and the majority of receptions. Dayne and Lundy are not really threats to his carries, plus with Schaub at QB, they should have an average offense. I think Green gets the most touches out of the 3.

I disagree with your assessment. Deuce is good for 1,000 yards and maybe 6 TDs, but Bush will take all of his receptions and some of his carries, plus Brees likes to pass the ball. Jacobs has a lot of upside and should get most of the TDs, but he won't get any receptions either. Green will get the majority of carries and the majority of receptions. Dayne and Lundy are not really threats to his carries, plus with Schaub at QB, they should have an average offense. I think Green gets the most touches out of the 3.

Green might lose red zone touches to Dayne.

don't forget all of the hype of Ahmad Bradshaw...

problem w/ Jacobs is that you don't know if he can handle the full load, or if he will even be given the chance...

he may have alot of upside, but considering he's already lost his FB on top of everything else, he could also be the biggest bust...

so it depends on how much you like to gamble w/ a keeper...

Bradshaw is nothing more than a 3rd down/change of pace scat back. Droughns is not nearly the talent that Jacobs is and only really saw success behind Denver's line and one year in Clev.

I really believe that you must read between the lines in NYG's running game. The Giants basically gave Jacobs the job and their belief that he will succeed. They traded a disappointing Tim Carter for an average Droughns and passed on the top backs and picked up Bradshaw late. If they didn't believe in Jacobs, they would have addressed the situation with more action.

Jacobs

Deuce

Green

This is your opinion and I disagree with it.

Deuce probably is good for about 1000 yards but why only 6 td's? He's 2 years removed from an acl and he had 10 td's last year. He's too good of a rb for NO to just push him aside. I think Reggie Bush is a great hybrid player but don't believe he's going to be taking that much away from Deuce.

I really like Jacobs chances this year. I love his adp and unlike others, would be willing to take a chance on him as my #2. Why can't he get a decent amount of receptions? :banana:

Ahman scares me a bit b/c of his knees. He definitely has potential and will probably be a good pickup with how late he's going but I agree that of these 3, Deuce is maybe a safer pick.

I go Jacobs, Deuce, Ahman

This is your opinion and I disagree with it.

Deuce probably is good for about 1000 yards but why only 6 td's? He's 2 years removed from an acl and he had 10 td's last year. He's too good of a rb for NO to just push him aside. I think Reggie Bush is a great hybrid player but don't believe he's going to be taking that much away from Deuce.

I really like Jacobs chances this year. I love his adp and unlike others, would be willing to take a chance on him as my #2. Why can't he get a decent amount of receptions? :bench:

Ahman scares me a bit b/c of his knees. He definitely has potential and will probably be a good pickup with how late he's going but I agree that of these 3, Deuce is maybe a safer pick.

I go Jacobs, Deuce, Ahman

Jacobs all the way. Who care's if he splits a little time, he will be getting all of the rushing TDs unless a fluke one is scored from 20+yards out. Deuce is the primary ground attack for NO, but Reggie will take a couple of those ground TDs away and you know he will be taking ALL of Deuce's receptions. Ahman?... flush that turd. I don't want a Houstan Texan on my roster unless his last name is Johnson.