Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Mexico

Eric Moulds signs with Tennessee

Titans agree to deal with WR Moulds

By PAUL KUHARSKY

Staff Writer

The Titans have agreed to terms with veteran receiver Eric Moulds and he will be with the team Friday at the start of training camp.

The team had long hoped to add veteran leadership at the position, where they are counting on threats to emerge from a group of seven draft picks brought in over the last three years.

Team officials had not expressed an interest in Moulds earlier in the offseason and terms of his deal were not immediately known, but it’s possible that it’s a one-year contract that would be low risk for the team if Moulds doesn’t pan out in advance of the start of the regular season.

Moulds, 34, joined the Houston Texans in April of 2006 in a trade from Buffalo.

The Bills got a fifth-round pick in exchange for the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Moulds who was named to three Pro Bowl teams in 10 seasons in Buffalo. As a Texan he caught 57 passes for 557 yards and a touchdown. With the Bills he played 154 games with 675 receptions, 9,096 yards and 48 TDs.

:dunno: Yea BABy - I guarded Eric Moulds one day in the turf room at MSU for one play. I am so pumped he's going to my team. Even if he's old now, just a little bonus for me. I can't wait to go to a game. NOTE - I didn't say he's going to produce....I just excited I get to route for the guy! :( :headbanger:

It's sad, but compared to what they have he'll probably start. Brandon Jones may be ok if he can ever stay healthy. Roydell Williams is a big question mark. I'm not even sure who the rest of the schmucks are in Tennessee at WR.

It's sad, but compared to what they have he'll probably start. Brandon Jones may be ok if he can ever stay healthy. Roydell Williams is a big question mark. I'm not even sure who the rest of the schmucks are in Tennessee at WR.

But still there are morons out there that keep drafting Vince Young as a top 5 QB....they do not realize that a running QB is not really going to last in this league when he has no receiving weapons...and no running game to speak of.

It must be different Eric Moulds. The one I remember that played for Buffalo was thinner and made plays.

This guy is thick and fat and slow. I wonder if they are related?

But still there are morons out there that keep drafting Vince Young as a top 5 QB....they do not realize that a running QB is not really going to last in this league when he has no receiving weapons...and no running game to speak of.

I've got him ranked out of the top 10. That offence is going to be terrible.

Non-fantasy story...good for the Titans as far as a veteran who is a decent possession type WR these days.

what are you talking about?

what is anyone in this thread talking about

titans needed and Vet wr to groom and WHOLE crop of young wr's.....since givens is always a gimp

it may be Moulds, but i think its an upgrade over someone like McCardell......its not like there are many options out there (i still think take a chance on Charles Rogers, but thats just me)

just keep an eye on troupe and scaife (in leagues you need to start TE's.....both are steals as backup TE's)

does this help the off.?....a little......the passing game wasnt too big of a factor last year and they still won 8 games

the def. was upgraded pretty decent, compared to last year.....only downgrade is rb, and speacial teams like PR & KR (since pac man is a gangsta)....but i think lendale will be fine....and chris brown does help believe it or not

fantasy football wise, they are not a factor.....but

everyone last year said they would stink it up, "including me", and i am a FAN of them....and i sat there and watched them perform miracles last year

so i will sit back and watch again everyone doubting them, and they can sneak into the playoffs this year