Sign in to follow this  
VaTerp

AD Peterson

Ok, somebody had to start a post after that run.

While there have been about 2,000 LJ or Henry threads, little has been talked about with All Day Peterson.

If Minn has any semblance of a passing game he could serve as a decent RB2 even with sharing time w/ Chester.

Discuss.

Guest JahRasta311
Ok, somebody had to start a post after that run.

While there have been about 2,000 LJ or Henry threads, little has been talked about with All Day Peterson.

If Minn has any semblance of a passing game he could serve as a decent RB2 even with sharing time w/ Chester.

Discuss.

Chester just needs to hurry up and get hurt. Or vice-versa, I'll take Chester again.

Chester just needs to hurry up and get hurt. Or vice-versa, I'll take Chester again.

Give me Peterson and his 4.0 take it to the house forty. Not to mention he's strong. Talk about a pure running back. Don't forget he was right behind Bush for the Heisman. This guy is that good.

Damn.......I know its just preseason.....but have you seen this guy get knocked backward ever. Even when he is stuffed he either falls forward or stopped at the point of attack.

His lowering of the shoulder on the jet safety reminded me of how shockey as a rookie was not intimidated of nfl players and ran over some folks in the preseason. This shows me he is confident and will most likely play well in the NFL

I haven't seen him at all, but I like his potential. Especially in my keeper league. Not sure of vwhat he is capable this year, but a good long term investment.

This site is projecting him at just under 1000 yards and 6 TD's. Anyone think he will top that?

Unless the Vikes' passing game surprises, well, everyone, they have to run the ball all day long. 40+ times a game, with that solid O-line and 2 good RBs. Do they have another option??

So ADP should get 15-20 touches a game. And considering Chester wasn't exactly inspiring in goal-line situations, I don't think he'll have a lock on red zone duty.

With that stellar defense, the offense should have plenty of opportunities and short fields.

So about 1000 yards and 6 TDs is easily reachable for ADP - probably low-balling it, actually, if the preseason is any indication of what he can do in the NFL. But making such predicitions based on preseason is shaky, at best. Still, he's quite tempting in the mid rounds, depending on how far he falls.

Damn.......I know its just preseason.....but have you seen this guy get knocked backward ever. Even when he is stuffed he either falls forward or stopped at the point of attack.

His lowering of the shoulder on the jet safety reminded me of how shockey as a rookie was not intimidated of nfl players and ran over some folks in the preseason. This shows me he is confident and will most likely play well in the NFL

This shows me that he'll probably get hurt just like Shockey did, and change his style.

Now I know how he got the name All Day...

That little 40+ yard run made me almost drop my beer on the floor and I looked like this... :shocking:

by the time he was finished with that run...

ps. Chester Taylor... time to put the house up for sale... and go get a month to month rental apartment... MB

the long run looked nice, and clearly shows he's got the goods. bottom line is will he hold up? his nickname is AD, NOT AS....which would be short for 'All Season'. Thats the nickname Id be wanting him to have if I were thinking about drafting him as a RB2 or in the 2nd or 3rd round like Ive been hearing after last night's game. The skills are there. But will the durability be there with that style? He'll be a risk. And one thing any veteran FF drafter will tell you is you don't always win the league in the 1st few rounds of a draft, but you sure can lose it. He's been hurt every year in college, so factor it in.

Gotta love the kid the way he plays.... hard noised get the extra yard every play, but like many have said how long will he hold up ? He's def. a risk and I would never draft him in a straight up re-draft for this year.....

I'm currently in a dilemma between taking him or Lynch in my Dynasty.... my draft is Tuesday night and I may have to actually bring a coin to make the pick for me :shocking:

Adrian Peterson is one of those players who I really like but know that someone will pick earlier than I'm willing. You just know that someone is going to buy on talent and emotion while forgetting about minor issues like his injury history, chester taylor and that potentially awul offense.

Gotta love the kid the way he plays.... hard noised get the extra yard every play, but like many have said how long will he hold up ? He's def. a risk and I would never draft him in a straight up re-draft for this year.....

I'm currently in a dilemma between taking him or Lynch in my Dynasty.... my draft is Tuesday night and I may have to actually bring a coin to make the pick for me :shocking:

dont hesitate....take Peterson. the division is weaker defensively, his line is much better, and I think long-term he'll have the better career. jmho.

Adrian Peterson is one of those players who I really like but know that someone will pick earlier than I'm willing. You just know that someone is going to buy on talent and emotion while forgetting about minor issues like his injury history, chester taylor and that potentially awul offense.

on point with the logic.

Actually, Im not so sure about Peterson going before he should. His current ADP on antsports is 5.02. I hear what your saying about someone buying early based on talent and emotion but I think most people have the same concerns that you discussed.

I had Peterson ranked in the mid to late 20's for Rbs b/c of my concerns about, in this order, Minn's putrid passing game, the presence of Chester Taylor, and his injury history.

But I think that Minnesota's defense is very good and we'll keep them in games. Tarvaris Jackson may not be as awful as I previously thought. Of course he's going to struggle but I dont think he will be asked to do too much and while the Vikings offense wont be very good, the O-line may make them just good enough to provide some opportunities for Peterson and Taylor to produce decent numbers.

As of right now, I think Peterson is decent value in the 4th. If someone wants to jump before that then good luck to em. Only problem for me is that in my main league I pick 10th so my fourth rounder is 4.03 and there will be other players I value ahead of him at that point. Bottom line is I think Peterson will produce solid RB2 numbers this season despite all of the legitimate concerns.

when did the 50 yarder occur? (ie against 1st stringers?)

Very early in the 2nd quarter and most, if not all, of the starters were in the game.

when did the 50 yarder occur? (ie against 1st stringers?)

Early in the 2nd qtr, and yes...

Remember that old 70's song... You ain't seen nuthin' yet... bbbaby, you just ain't seen nuthin' yet... If you don't draft AD it will somthin' you gonna regret... bbbaby you just ain't seen nuthin' yet... <_<

Remember last preseason when people were drooling over Maroney? I think this situation is the exact same. Exciting, explosive rookie paired with a reliable but boring veteran.

I really love Peterson's talent, but I truly believe that a timeshare is evident because Chester ran well last year. However, if you can get him in the 5th round as your RB3, he'll obviously be a pretty solid bye week fill-in while sharing carries with the ability for much more. I think his value is right where it should be.

Remember last preseason when people were drooling over Maroney? I think this situation is the exact same. Exciting, explosive rookie paired with a reliable but boring veteran.

I really love Peterson's talent, but I truly believe that a timeshare is evident because Chester ran well last year. However, if you can get him in the 5th round as your RB3, he'll obviously be a pretty solid bye week fill-in while sharing carries with the ability for much more. I think his value is right where it should be.

As good as Maroney is, I dont think he's in the same class as Peterson talent wise. And Chester Taylor is not nearly the same goaline threat that Dillon was last year.

Of course NE's offense is miles ahead of MInn's even w/ the Wrs they had last year but I look For Peterson to put up significantly better numbers than Maroney did last year. But thats JMHO.

dont hesitate....take Peterson. the division is weaker defensively, his line is much better, and I think long-term he'll have the better career. jmho.

yeah i'm leaning towards Peterson for schedule reasons now (my team is ready to win now) and i need a #2 RB that's why I was leaning towards Lynch earlier.... Had to assume he's be the every down RB in Buffalo, but with all the early season committee talk from Juron coupled with that rugged run schedule and tough NFC EAST division... I have no choice but to take AD and hope the injury bug doesn't bite him once again....

LOL... In my Dynasty league...

I traded LJ two months ago for... M. Leinart, A. Peterson, and M. Colston...

As of 10 minutes ago, (since that run last night) I've had 4 different owners make a trade offer attempt to get AD from me... LOL

Ain't gonna happen... I picked up AD, and Calvin Johnson this year too... So, Let's roll diaper dandies !!!! MB

As good as Maroney is, I dont think he's in the same class as Peterson talent wise. And Chester Taylor is not nearly the same goaline threat that Dillon was last year.

Of course NE's offense is miles ahead of MInn's even w/ the Wrs they had last year but I look For Peterson to put up significantly better numbers than Maroney did last year. But thats JMHO.

True, but the strategy with football teams recently seems to be to break their rookies in with a timeshare (Addai, Maroney last year), and those rookie RBs usually disappoint those who reach for them. Perhaps Addai is a better comparison? Granted Peterson is more talented than him, too, but I think the true talent differential between Addai and Rhodes vs. Peterson and Taylor is similar. Plus you'd figure that Taylor will be more trusted on passing downs, especially with a very green QB.

Still, though, he'd definitely be a quality target in the 5th round for the reasons I listed above.

True, but the strategy with football teams recently seems to be to break their rookies in with a timeshare (Addai, Maroney last year), and those rookie RBs usually disappoint those who reach for them. Perhaps Addai is a better comparison? Granted Peterson is more talented than him, too, but I think the true talent differential between Addai and Rhodes vs. Peterson and Taylor is similar. Plus you'd figure that Taylor will be more trusted on passing downs, especially with a very green QB.

Still, though, he'd definitely be a quality target in the 5th round for the reasons I listed above.

i reached for him at the 4/5 turn because i had been burned by my LT2, WR, WR strategy and AD was the best rb left. if he turns out to even be mediocre my team of LT2, CJ, TO, AD, and gates will look pretty strong. go AD

i reached for him at the 4/5 turn because i had been burned by my LT2, WR, WR strategy and AD was the best rb left. if he turns out to even be mediocre my team of LT2, CJ, TO, AD, and gates will look pretty strong. go AD

Wow, Gates at the 4/5 turn? That's a really solid team you're putting together, and I don't think you'll have any problem swallowing the inconsistency that Peterson is expected to provide.

any player any day can get hurt..... With APeterson that is a risk but is also a risk with sean alexander, Gore, Westbrook, McNabb, and many other ffootball players.....

dont be scared of peterson for this reason...... its a crap shoot with all in the NFL....

The thing I'd hate if I owned Peterson is the confusion between his #28 jersey and Taylor's #29. You don't know who's carrying the damn ball until they pick themselves up off the ground. :dunno:

The thing I'd hate if I owned Peterson is the confusion between his #28 jersey and Taylor's #29. You don't know who's carrying the damn ball until they pick themselves up off the ground. :dunno:

LOL I thought the same thing... Even the announcers messed up a couple of times... MB

PS. I think the only resolution is a Chester Taylor season ending injury... That would fix everything :D

LOL I thought the same thing... Even the announcers messed up a couple of times... MB

PS. I think the only resolution is a Chester Taylor season ending injury... That would fix everything :D

I noticed the same thing even though peterson is taller right.... apeterson 6-2 or am i wrong....chester 5-11....i donno :dunno:

any player any day can get hurt..... With APeterson that is a risk but is also a risk with sean alexander, Gore, Westbrook, McNabb, and many other ffootball players.....

dont be scared of peterson for this reason...... its a crap shoot with all in the NFL....

In a way I agree, but in some cases players are just prone to getting injured it's not really a myth.... hence the reason I would never draft a Frank Gore over say a Rudi Johnson, but that's just me

I am drafting out of the #1 tommorow, and I am going WR, WR at the turn as well. Just curious what RB you thought would be there at the end of the fourth round anyway?

I think you were lucky to to get AD, I am counting on Green or Norwood, I will not hesitate to take AD there...

I am drafting out of the #1 tommorow, and I am going WR, WR at the turn as well. Just curious what RB you thought would be there at the end of the fourth round anyway?

I think you were lucky to to get AD, I am counting on Green or Norwood, I will not hesitate to take AD there...

man, don't get tunnel visioned towards that - if a rb falls to you there, take him. draw a line on your draft sheet that says "if any of these fall, i'm no longer going wr, wr"

Wow, Gates at the 4/5 turn? That's a really solid team you're putting together, and I don't think you'll have any problem swallowing the inconsistency that Peterson is expected to provide.

well, so many rb's were coming off the board that some players had to fall. gates was one of them.

man, don't get tunnel visioned towards that - if a rb falls to you there, take him. draw a line on your draft sheet that says "if any of these fall, i'm no longer going wr, wr"

Line is drawn, but I would be shocked if Portis/Jones-Drew/McGahee/Brown fell that far.

I drew line under Edge, Benson, Jones, Jacobs

The one key I keep telling myself is not to lose my LT advantage at all costs. Gambling on a marginal RB versus taking a steady top WR can cost me the LT edge that I lucked into.

No one ever won a fantasy league in the first few rounds of a draft, but plenty of people lost their league in the first few rounds.

I noticed the same thing even though peterson is taller right.... apeterson 6-2 or am i wrong....chester 5-11....i donno :headbanger:

Peterson is a legit 6'1"-6'2", 220

Someone mentioned Maroney earlier. I love Maroney; I said last year that he'll be a top 10 RB within 3 years; but I like Peterson even better. Size is part of it. Maroney is 5'11", close to the same weight, just a half-tick faster. But watch Peterson run and you'll swear he's not only significantly stronger, but faster in the open field.

He had the injuries in college, and there's no denying that. Neither was a knee, or another recurrent type. He produced big #'s vs every opponent. He's an absolute beast.