Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

The help master is here.

Thanks for the response to the other question I had Cuse!!

Another for you:

With the recent Burress reports. Do I keep him in or go with one of these?

Coles vs. Miami

Calvin Johnson vs. Philly

Jacoby Jones vs. Indy

All respectable starts, but leaning towards Coles with the Cotchery injury. Figure even with Clemmens starting for NYJ he's gotta get ball thrown his way right?

I'd sit Burress. He may play....he may sit....he may play half the game....too much of a gamble when you have good wr's on your bench. I'd run with Coles. He has scored TDs and put up decent yards. It doesn't seem to matter who is in at QB he is getting the job done. He should be a pretty good play today.

RBs: SJax, DWard, JJones, BJax, BJacobs

WRs: Wayne, Housh, Branch, Welker, ABattle

With Jacobs out, I'm looking for depth, or trade bait. Arnaz Battle has got to go.

I'm looking at picking up a 6th RB, TE or WR for depth and these are the choices in our PPR league:

Chris Brown TEN Will he win the lead role? Will LenDale lose the starting job?

Sammy Morris NE Will he keep getting 10+ carries in this high powered offense, goal line touches too?

Shawn McDonald DET 4th WR on pass happy lions, has lit it up so far

Eric Johnson NO I have Witten, but Brees checked down to EJ 10+ times wk1

Which of these guys, long term has the best upside? Will any be strong enough to start at any point, or to throw into a trade as added value?

Thanks.

The only one of that group with any upside is McDonald. He's been thrown to alot already and with an injury to any of the top three he would have great value in that offense. Morris and Brown are duds. EJ had a very lucky game one.

My team is in my sig. Seems like most of my RB's have decent matchups this week. I need to pick 2. NonPPR.

I was leaning toward T.Henry and Parker. I am fine with leaving S.Jackson out of my lineup until he gets going.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. (It's only an 8 team league)

Wow....that is tough!

I'd go with Parker and Jackson. I think all three will have huge days though. Parker and Jackson just seem like they'll do a little better!

Should I start Portis against the NYG or Bush Monday against TEN? A big reason I want to start Bush is to see him play on Monday night.

I know what you are saying about wanting to watch your players play....it makes you feel like you have a better chance....lol....don't know why, but it does.

Go with Bush for sure! Bush is gonna have a nice day and find the end zone this weekend. He is a good play vs the Titans D. Portis is taking over as the everydown back. Once he does he'll be a must start. You'll have better depth due to this and you'll also have to agonize over who to start from week to week!!

Bush for this weekend.

Here's my dilemma: I drafted Miami's defense this year and thought I'd be set. But they've had a disappointing couple of weeks, and now with losing Zach Thomas I'm wondering if they're worth holding on to for the year. Granted, it's only been two weeks, and one of the teams they played was Dallas, but they're not getting the sacks I thought they would or playing agressively at all.

I have Carolina on my waiver wire, so I was wondering if I should pick them up for the start this week, and also if I should consider just dropping the Fish and playing waiver wire matchups the rest of the way. I have room to hold both defenses on my roster for this week, but will need to drop one or the other next week to cover bye matchups.

Thanks for everything!

I'd pick up Caroliina. They have better playmakers and a better schedule. Make no mistake about it though, Miami will get better as the year goes. New coach and way of life in Miami has made things a bit difficult for a veteran defense. They'll learn how to stop the run and they'll get more rest once the Miami run game gets going.

Caddy vs Stl

Edge vs Balt

Barber vs Chi

I plan on starting Bush .I need one of these guys to have a good day .I could start 3 wr which would mean Welker as the best option . WE DO GET 1 PT PPR

Would you go one of the rbs or welker ?

THANKS

Performance League

6 PTS per TD

1 PT per 25 yds Passing

.1 PT per 1 yd Rushing / Receiving.

My two QB's:

Leinart vs BAL Pass 'D' of 16

or

Smith vs PIT Pass 'D' of 3.

FA QB's available:

Pennington vs MIA Pass 'D' OF 12.

Grossman vs DAL Pass 'D' of 31.

Culpepper vs CLE Pass 'D' of 30.

Losman vs NE Pass 'D' of 5.

Huard vs MN Pass 'D' of 25.

Holcomb vs KC Pass 'D' of 6.

Not much - but do I sit Leinart for one a FA QB?

Thinking of - Yea I hate to say it - Grossman?

WDIS at QB ?

Caddy vs Stl

Edge vs Balt

Barber vs Chi

I plan on starting Bush .I need one of these guys to have a good day .I could start 3 wr which would mean Welker as the best option . WE DO GET 1 PT PPR

Would you go one of the rbs or welker ?

THANKS

Caddy for sure. I just got done watching the Frank Gore show....which was the Rams trying to stop him last week and wow are they bad.

I love the Edge and Barber is looking like he is going to be very valuable this year. Today's match-up is so heavily favored for Caddy. I can see him putting up big numbers today.

Performance League

6 PTS per TD

1 PT per 25 yds Passing

.1 PT per 1 yd Rushing / Receiving.

My two QB's:

Leinart vs BAL Pass 'D' of 16

or

Smith vs PIT Pass 'D' of 3.

FA QB's available:

Pennington vs MIA Pass 'D' OF 12.

Grossman vs DAL Pass 'D' of 31.

Culpepper vs CLE Pass 'D' of 30.

Losman vs NE Pass 'D' of 5.

Huard vs MN Pass 'D' of 25.

Holcomb vs KC Pass 'D' of 6.

Not much - but do I sit Leinart for one a FA QB?

Thinking of - Yea I hate to say it - Grossman?

WDIS at QB ?

Leinart., at the very least he has better options than any of those QB's listed. I agree with the Grossman pick though. If he is going to have a good game, today is about as good of a chance as he'll get.

This one is a tough choice!! Smith...noway, SF hasn't put up yards worth squat.

If you don't lose points for int's then go with Grossman. He has a shot to post 300+ and some TD's. I'd say he's your best gamble.

Sucks that Leinart hasn't done anything the first two weeks....I thought he would be great this year. If you look at my sig....I have about the same dilemma. Grossman vs Leinart. Now I have Delhomme and he's an obvious choice, but the shutdown DeAngelo on Smith scares me!!

GL!

Need 2 RBs to start. Options are R. Bush, A. Green and D. Ward. 1 pt/reception league. Had Bush/Green but switched to Bush/Ward because a) Houston could fall behind fast and <_< Ward seems as involved in the passing game as Green, maybe even more. I'm open to changing again if convinced.

is maroney and berrian a good deal for j.jones and m. colston?

Yeah, that is a "preference" trade.

I'd rather have Maroney and Berrian, but Julius and Colston is a good pair as well. Usually in a deal like this you have to look at how it improves your starters. Julius is the only one that I dont' care for. The other three have alot of upside!!

Need 2 RBs to start. Options are R. Bush, A. Green and D. Ward. 1 pt/reception league. Had Bush/Green but switched to Bush/Ward because a) Houston could fall behind fast and <_< Ward seems as involved in the passing game as Green, maybe even more. I'm open to changing again if convinced.

Ward and Green are in about the same situation today. I would rather have the guy with experience. Green has proven that he can carry the load. With AJ out everything is gonna go through Ahman. If the Texans have any shot to win it's going to be on the shoulders of Ahman. Green has always been a receiving threat so an increased role today will fit his style great.

Ward seems to be a pretty good back, but with no Burress the Giants can still lean on Toomer and Shockey.

Either guy looks to be a decent play, but I like what Green can do more. Even if the Texans do fall behind....they will still feed Green the ball one way or the other.

I offered a guy Portis for Roy Williams, straight up, and he countered by asking me for Travis Henry.

What would you do with my team, in a PPR?

I offered a guy Portis for Roy Williams, straight up, and he countered by asking me for Travis Henry.

What would you do with my team, in a PPR?

QB: McNabb, Kitna

RB: LT, SJax, Travis Henry, Edge, Portis, Michael Turner

WR: Holt, Evans, Curry, Reggie Brown, Jacoby & James Jones

TE: Vernon Davis, Owen Daniels

K: Mason Crosby

D/ST: Broncos

Definitly trade and upgrade at WR. You have rediculous depth at rb!! I'd give up Henry for a top tier wr. Not straight up...package deal, but as good as your rb's are if you can move one to get a top tier wr it will help your weekly starting line up....get you more wins!

Roy is not a top tier wr and is not worth Henry. There are too many weapons. I'd target Smith, CJ, Harrison, Wayne...I'd go after one of them and be sure you get a rb in the deal back that at least splits carries.

A couple WDIS questions for ya ... hoping you can either back up my decisions or tell me I'm loopy and to go with something else :unsure:

League 1: Pick 2 of 3 RBs : Edge, T Jones, Jamal. (I was thinking definitely Edge, and probably T Jones against a bad Miami run D?)

League 2: Maroney or Cadillac? Edwards or Curry? (I'm leaning towards Caddy and Curry)

League 3: Pick 2 : Bush, Ward, AP (Min), Jordan? Reggie Brown or Vincent Jackson at WR3? (Here I'm leaning towards AP/Jordan and VJax)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

A couple WDIS questions for ya ... hoping you can either back up my decisions or tell me I'm loopy and to go with something else :unsure:

League 1: Pick 2 of 3 RBs : Edge, T Jones, Jamal. (I was thinking definitely Edge, and probably T Jones against a bad Miami run D?)

League 2: Maroney or Cadillac? Edwards or Curry? (I'm leaning towards Caddy and Curry)

League 3: Pick 2 : Bush, Ward, AP (Min), Jordan? Reggie Brown or Vincent Jackson at WR3? (Here I'm leaning towards AP/Jordan and VJax)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

League 1: I agree. It's very close between Jones and Lewis, but Jones is a good pick.

League 2: Curry I agree with....in another close one. Caddy and Maroney, as much as I like Caddy's match-up this week....I love Maroney's better. I am going strictly off of gut. I think the Pats will get their running game established today. They need to prove Maroney is a force and today's match up is a good time to show it!

League 3: I'd run with Bush and Peterson. Jordan is having back pain. It looks like he's good to go and it's a great match up for him, but I'm afraid of him going out of the game early due to pain!! Bush has a great match up on Monday night. He'll find the endzone. This is also a "ego game" You gotta think Bush feels like he owes Vince Young a lil something!! I'd also go with Brown. He has to step up and a shootout today is what he needs, I expect Brownn to go over 100 today.

We disagree on a couple, but you're not loopy....lol...you have some tough decisions!!

I am having Commitment issues this week and you can see why:

Schaub at home vs. Colts or P.Rivers in Green Bay

I have to pick 2 RBs with Benson, Lynch, Foster and J. Lewis available

And Lastly Picking 3 WR out of Walker, Burress,Shaun McDonald, Jacoby, and Crayton

Currently I have it set with

Schaub

Foster

Lewis

Walker

McDonald

Jacoby

I am weary of Burress not showing and If I do go with him which of the remaining would you select?

All picks in by noon so I don't have the option of waiting until game time on Plax.

Any opinion is appreciated.

great helpmaster....

should I start Joey Galloway (Stl) or Hines Ward (SF) today in a PPR league? Thanks!

Galloway. He's played excellent so far, nothing says he won't today. Great match up. Parker will prolly steal the show for Pitt today.

Thanks, cuse!!

Help me pick 2 of the following: Berrian, D Foster, Curtis, Jennings

Can also pick up: Burleson, James Jones, Engram, Booker (and drop Crayton)

I am having Commitment issues this week and you can see why:

Schaub at home vs. Colts or P.Rivers in Green Bay

I have to pick 2 RBs with Benson, Lynch, Foster and J. Lewis available

And Lastly Picking 3 WR out of Walker, Burress,Shaun McDonald, Jacoby, and Crayton

Currently I have it set with

Schaub

Foster

Lewis

Walker

McDonald

Jacoby

I am weary of Burress not showing and If I do go with him which of the remaining would you select?

All picks in by noon so I don't have the option of waiting until game time on Plax.

Any opinion is appreciated.

With no AJ I would opt for Rivers this week. Rivers is very comfortable in that offense and should have a decent game against a good young Packer D. Schuab has looked great so far, but with no AJ he'll struggle to match the first two weeks numbers.

I agree with your running backs. Foster is a big gamble, but could payoff bigtime!! Again, WR's, I agree with what you have.

Thanks to injury, your team isn't stellar, but you have some great potential to make up for lack of proven production!!

Thanks, cuse!!

Help me pick 2 of the following: Berrian, D Foster, Curtis, Jennings

Can also pick up: Burleson, James Jones, Engram, Booker (and drop Crayton)

Hang onto Crayton. Let's give him a few weeks before giving him the boot.

Berrian & Foster would be my choice of your four. Both have great match-ups today and big game potential. Jennings coming off of injury isn't a safe pick. I think Favre will do well and get three TD's...but Jennings is just too risky.

I like Curtis as well, but Berrian and Foster have better match-ups...by the slimmest of margins!

D. Ward or Edge today?

Basic Performance w/PPR league scoring.

Even against Baltimore I'll take Edge and the surrounding cast vs an unproven Ward. Ward should have a good day, but I'm still don't know what his complete role is there. Edge has the role of feature rb in a run first offense. Fifty carries, 200+ yds and 2 TD's in two weeks is too much for me to bench!

Reggie Bush vs Tenn. or Carnell Williams vs St. Louis?

-standard scoring

Tough.....this one is very, very close. As bad as St. Louis is vs the run I think you have to go with Caddy today. He's got the potential for the biggest day of any rb out there.

Bush will step up big tomarrow, but I don't think he'll match Caddy's performance.

Hey master here's my question:

Basic scoring pts, yardage NO PPR.

Julius Jones vs Chi or Deshawn win vs SD (lost Brandon Jacobs) two tough def.

I also have kevin Jones but I think it's too early to trust him

Qb help. should I start Rivers or Cutler? Both are tough today but it's all I got.

Cutler....simply because he'll throw for more yards. TD they'll prolly both throw one, maybe two.

Cuse,

I picked up Bowe this week on your suggestion and willing to roll with him. But with the news on Kevin Jones is making me think I may want to gamble on him. Which would be better play on the flex position. Bowe vs K. Jones?

Please help. Need 1 flex + 1 WR out of this group (PPR), R. Curry, D. Branch, C. Benson or Berrian ??

Curry and Berrian. They both have the opportunity for huge games today. Branch does as well, but the Hawks spread the ball more than Oak and Chic. Plus if you get bonus points for long TD's Berrian could produce for you bigtime.

Benson is a bust....keep him down until he does something positive.

Cuse,

I picked up Bowe this week on your suggestion and willing to roll with him. But with the news on Kevin Jones is making me think I may want to gamble on him. Which would be better play on the flex position. Bowe vs K. Jones?

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio confirms that Kevin Jones will play Sunday.

Jones probably won't start over Tatum Bell. The Lions say they want Jones to be in on about 15-20 plays.

He won't do much.....just get his feet wet. Not worth playing just yet. Go with Bowe.

Hang onto Crayton. Let's give him a few weeks before giving him the boot.

Berrian & Foster would be my choice of your four. Both have great match-ups today and big game potential. Jennings coming off of injury isn't a safe pick. I think Favre will do well and get three TD's...but Jennings is just too risky.

I like Curtis as well, but Berrian and Foster have better match-ups...by the slimmest of margins!

Great advice - thanks for the thought and great analysis. Much appreciated--

Go with the obvious in this one. Holmes has a good match-up. Niners are 2-0, but giving up 350 yds a game....Holmes should do well. Fitz is too good to bench. I'm giving him until week four before I'd consider sitting him. He's not happy and wants the ball more...we'll see if Whisenhunt agrees or not.

Bowe is a good looking youngster and is a starter now, but you have better options.

Damn! Bowe got it done. Maybe he'll become my No. 1 guy before it's all said and done. Who goofy is that?

Cuse - let me thank you for all your help.

Would you say Randy Moss is a top tier WR?

And if I offer one of my RB for any of the top WR, of Portis, Edge, and Henry, which two should I try to hold on to?