Sign in to follow this  
llano

MBIII = Overvalued this year

I had MBIII last year, and I love the guy. He was a great help to my team and I enjoyed seeing him play when I had the chance. But, I think he is being over-valued this year. MBIII is no Reggie Bush; he is not even an MJD. He is not the teams RB1, as much as people wish that he were. He is used in discrete situations. He had 654 rushing yards last year -- what made him great from a fantasy perspective was his TDs. It seems unlikely he will repeat such high TD numbers this year. I don't think MBIII will be a RB2 -- which is what people seem to be treating him as. He will be a decent flex, and then you'll have to hope to get lucky and hit a week where he scores a TD. Also, Parcells loved the guy and clearly did not like something about JJ. I have no idea about the new coach, but I see a drop off in how much he is used.

Obviously, if JJ gets hurt, the situation changes dramatically and you can expect low-end RB1 and solid RB2 numbers from MBIII.

Another thing that changes the equation -- Given the free agent situation for JJ and MBIII at end of season, Dallas may want to give MBIII more playing time (reduce Jones' negotiating leverage; help get something better for MBIII in a trade). So, that is something worth watching to see if MBIII is worth trading for in the second half of the season.

I am not saying MBIII is not worth drafting and will be a complete bust. I just view MBIII as this year's Santana Moss. People way over-valued Moss last year because he had a sick year in 2005 (well, actually, in about 7 games in 2005). But, there were too many aspects to that situation that suggested it would not be repeated in 2006. Sure enough, it was not.

I tend to agree. Without the TDs, where will the points come from? I think he'll be very inconsistent due to limited touches.

MBIII is no Reggie Bush; he is not even an MJD.

no one ever said he was... he is nothing like those two... they are small shifty, catch passes out of the backfield, rack up all purpose yard kind of guys...

MBIII is a glorified zach crockett... maybe even a TJ Duckett if he's lucky...

yeah... he'll get his TDs... but obviously it's a roll of the dice when you start him as he won't get you points via yards... his production is solely based on if the cowboys are stopped on the 3 yard line...

agree to a point, but as a RB3 spot-starter he is very good. Also I believe in preseason, at least for the last game, he ran with the first team.

I know pre-season doesn't mean much but he certainly has looked better then JJones so far.

I do agree that MB3 is overrated in redrafts. The chance of him repeating the TD totals of last year is a stretch (just like MJD who I'm avoiding). However, I believe MB3 has tremendous value in a keeper league. JJ is an UFA after this season and MB3 will be come an RFA. I believe that rather then use the tag on JJ they'll let him walk and see what they have in MB3. Barber just switched agents to the one and only Drew Rosenhaus abd they're already working on a contract extension. If Barber doesn't sign an extension this season I'd expect him to sign sometime next year.

Playing in a pretty good offense like Dallas, MB3 could be a top 10 back next season. If you can get him as your 3rd back in a keeper league he could pay off huge with a relatively cheap investment.

Do you watch football?

i do sally...

you are telling me MBIII/julius jones does not compare to TJ duckett a few years ago with warrick dunn???

att yds avg TDs

TJ 2003 197 779 4.0 11

att yds avg TDs

2006 MBIII 135 654 4.8 14

fairly similar to me

If people are drafting him expecting him to be a RB1 or RB2 as an every week starter then I'm with you. But from what I've seen he's going in rounds 4-6 (ADP of 47) as a flex or RB3 which seems dead on to me, and I think he's a great option with huge upside if JJ goes down...

If people are drafting him expecting him to be a RB1 or RB2 as an every week starter then I'm with you. But from what I've seen he's going in rounds 4-6 (ADP of 47) as a flex or RB3 which seems dead on to me, and I think he's a great option with huge upside if JJ goes down...

exactly. I've got him as my RB3 behind SA and Addai and my main thought in picking him up is for the future (keeper league)

i do sally...

you are telling me MBIII/julius jones does not compare to TJ duckett a few years ago with warrick dunn???

att yds avg TDs

TJ 2003 197 779 4.0 11

att yds avg TDs

fairly similar to me

No. I actually watch the game.

i do sally...

att yds avg TDs

TJ 2003 197 779 4.0 11

att yds avg TDs

fairly similar to me

Except MB3 runs in the low 4.6's.............. duckett is slow as mollasas

and barber is 6-0 220

and duckett is 6-0 255

besides that they are exactly alike

MB3 will have more fantasy points this season then JJ will for Dallas because MB3 will get the bulk of the goal line and red zone carries again this season.

I have some concerns with the dallas ff backfield myself(The real football backfield is great!!! :shocking: ). I don't see Marion getting all those touchdowns again this year. I truely feel that JJ gets more alot goal line carries than he did last year. Dallas will score a but load of points this year and JJ is going to benefit more from it. The passing game will be better than last because of chemistry alone, and not to mention TOs repaired finger, Glenn(old) resting and Crayton finally looking like he is going to take the next step(i've predicted he would for the last two years, better late than never). As long as JJ stays healthy the lanes opened by Romo will make the running game that much more effective and since JJ gets the lions share of the carries he will benefit the most. In the end I don't think Marion is being taken to soon at all because he is a very solid RB3. I do however believe that JJ is a steal this year and will give you great value, much better value than MB3. They are ranked 1 or 2 spots apart in most rankings but JJ IMO is a solid #2 this year .

I just traded away JJ for Reggie Brown and San Diego. :wub:

You just stole from an idiot. :lol: LMAO, you got Reggie Brown and San Diego D for JJ? HAHAHA

No. I actually watch the game.

apparently you don't sally... dallas is actually my favorite team and IMO you can draw a lot of comparisons between the falcons when they had duckett and dunn to the cowboys tandem of jj and MBIII...

Except MB3 runs in the low 4.6's.............. duckett is slow as mollasas

and barber is 6-0 220

and duckett is 6-0 255

besides that they are exactly alike

i'll give you the size... but speed??? 4.6 isn't fast for an RB... supposedly duckett ran faster 40 times than that The slowest time i've found is a 4.5

both are change-up/goalline backs for smaller shiftier backs... but you're both right... i'm retarded... don't watch football especially the cowboys, and know nothing about presenting an argument about athletes that share similar characteristics at the same position

apparently you don't sally... dallas is actually my favorite team and IMO you can draw a lot of comparisons between the falcons when they had duckett and dunn to the cowboys tandem of jj and MBIII...

i'll give you the size... but speed??? 4.6 isn't fast for an RB... supposedly duckett ran faster 40 times than that The slowest time i've found is a 4.5

both are change-up/goalline backs for smaller shiftier backs... but you're both right... i'm retarded... don't watch football especially the cowboys, and know nothing about presenting an argument about athletes that share similar characteristics at the same position

They are nothing alike.

I can't believe I'm arguing with someone who actually thinks Marion Barber and TJ Duckett are similar.

Duckett is useless. Marion is actually a damn good all around running back. The End.

hey tool, do you ever post anything besides stupid little comments?

wow you are one stupid focker, seriously

I try to be just like you, tool.

most Dallas fans are delusional

Coming from a delusional Bears fan...its still funny. :(

They are nothing alike.

I can't believe I'm arguing with someone who actually thinks Marion Barber and TJ Duckett are similar.

Duckett is useless. Marion is actually a damn good all around running back. The End.

i'm not saying this year... i hate having to spell it out for people... of course not this year... duckett's "time" has come and gone... I was saying ducket circa 2003, his running style and roll in the offense, is similar to MBIII's roll in dallas right now... not too mention their stats were similar...