Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

The official Regggie Bush hype thread

Well a new season begins tonight and many are excited about the prospects for Reggie Bush this year. Can Reggie take his game to the next level and become a consensus top 5 pick next season or is Reggie gonna be a letdown and not live up to the hype? What say you FF Today? Let's hear your predictions for Reggie tonight and throughout the season.

For tonight I am gonna predict 175 yards of offense and a score.

Well a new season begins tonight and many are excited about the prospects for Reggie Bush this year. Can Reggie take his game to the next level and become a consensus top 5 pick next season or is Reggie gonna be a letdown and not live up to the hype? What say you FF Today? Let's hear your predictions for Reggie tonight and throughout the season.

For tonight I am gonna predict 175 yards of offense and a score.

65 yds rushing

80 yds receiving on 9 catches

1 td

I really hope so.

I'm drinking the Reggie Bush Kool Aid.

I'd really like to see a complete changeover at the top the the Fantasy RB charts... LT, SJax, LJ out... Bush, Addai, Maroney IN.

Is he returning Punts??

If so you might as well throw a Punt Return TD in there....

Kid might as well be made of Gold.

Hype.

He'll land in the top 15 again, this year, but (I'll wager) he'll never be a top 5 back.

Tonight, 12 carries, 60y; 5 catches, 40y; no TDs. (And he's probably not returning punts)

Course, as he's my RB2, I could live with being very wrong.

I have a lot vested in him, as I traded Vince Young, Brandon Jacobs and Kellen Winslow for him in my ppr league... but I don't think it's a secret where I stand on this subject. Long live Mr President :pointstosky:

Hype.

He'll land in the top 15 again, this year, but (I'll wager) he'll never be a top 5 back.

Tonight, 12 carries, 60y; 5 catches, 40y; no TDs. (And he's probably not returning punts)

Course, as he's my RB2, I could live with being very wrong.

12 carries and 5 catches....dead on.

100 total yeards...uh, how about 44?

No TDs panned out, as well.

Repeat: HYPE.

I'm selling him next week. And don't give me "just the first game" kinda ######, either; the Saints went worst to first last year, and it was a huge anamoly. As the Saints go, so Bush, and the Saints have looked outmatched and out of sync since the HOF game.

Unless it's a PPR league then it was, is, and will remain insane to consider him a top tier RB this season.

I'm selling him next week. And don't give me "just the first game" kinda ######, either; the Saints went worst to first last year, and it was a huge anamoly. As the Saints go, so Bush, and the Saints have looked outmatched and out of sync since the HOF game.

Wait what? Their offense looked sick in the pre season. Brees was like 80% on his passes and Reginald was getting 5 yards a carry. Look it was one bad game, I am not going to overreact and trade Reggie for Lamont Jordan. He had a bad game, the whole team did. They will rebound next week.

went against him in one league

dont have him in any B)

:thumbsup: me too :overhead: me too :dunno: me too :banana:

For those of us who have been comparing Bush to Michael Vick in the hype factor, this isn't a one game overreaction. Go back to last season. In non-PPR leagues he was brutal last season. THe 4 touchdown 49er game was great. You almost were assured a win if you started him that week. In the other weeks 1-15, you actually would have gotten similiar production (again non-PPR) had you started Wali Lundy, Ron Dayne, Warrick Dunn or Leon Washington every week.

I don't at all believe it is overreaction, it is just more of what you have seen from him every week.

There is alot of hype but I do think he will rebound and have a very solid season. I am not giving up on Reggie just yet.

For those of us who have been comparing Bush to Michael Vick in the hype factor, this isn't a one game overreaction. Go back to last season. In non-PPR leagues he was brutal last season. THe 4 touchdown 49er game was great. You almost were assured a win if you started him that week. In the other weeks 1-15, you actually would have gotten similiar production (again non-PPR) had you started Wali Lundy, Ron Dayne, Warrick Dunn or Leon Washington every week.

I don't at all believe it is overreaction, it is just more of what you have seen from him every week.

:pointstosky:

how about those of us who compared Bush to every other overhyped 2nd year RB of recent years... I'm hope all of those people that took Bush high first round (or first round at all) are happy about taking their wk1 LOSS...

:shocking:

:pointstosky:

how about those of us who compared Bush to every other overhyped 2nd year RB of recent years... I'm hope all of those people that took Bush high first round (or first round at all) are happy about taking their wk1 LOSS...

:shocking:

Well I have Reggie Wayne and Travis Henry and his 9 kids. So I might not be taking a loss just yet pal!!

even better is that next Reggie goes up against TB... a team he put up a massive 18 rushing yards, and 83 rec'ing yards against COMBINED in their two matchups last year...

hmm... that avg's out to 9 rush yds, and 41.5 rec'ing yds... just about what he got last night... :lol:

the law of avg's is a b!tch, ain't it?

The glaring thing about this thread is this......

.."If you're in a non-PPR league...."

I don't mean to be Obnoxious Auction Guy, but people still play in non-PPR leagues?

This is false. He averaged over 5 YPC over the last month of the season and almost 10 yards per catch.

You might want to check those stats again.

Or maybe actually watch the game. Either way, you don't know what you're talking about.

This is false. He averaged over 5 YPC over the last month of the season and almost 10 yards per catch.

You might want to check those stats again.

Or maybe actually watch the game. Either way, you don't know what you're talking about.

Actually he's right on with his statement (removing perhaps Leon Washington) He stated Non-PPR. And in non-PPR leagues Bush was merely, "nearly as good" in the later part of the season as Dayne, Dunn, etc. With the sole exceptions of his week 16 game (which Dayne still outscored him) and the 49ers game Dayne AND Dunn were both more than comparable starts as Dreadlocks posted..

Week 16

Bush: 20 carries, 126y, 1 TD ~22fp

Dayne: 32 carries, 153y, 2TD ~31fp

Dunn: 9 carries, 29y, 0 TD ~5fp

Week 15:

Bush: 7 carries, 14y, 0 TD ~2fp

Dayne: 18 carries, 94y, 1TD ~18fp

Dunn: 18 carries, 56y, 0 TD ~8

Week 14:

Bush: 6 carries, 37y, 0 TD ~4fp

Dayne: 21 carries, 87y, 2TD ~24fp

Dunn: 11 carries, 45y, 0 TD ~6fp

Week 13:

Bush: 10 carries, 37y, 3 TD ~23fp

Dayne: 18 carries, 95y, 0TD ~12fp

Dunn: 21 carries, 87y, 0 TD ~12fp

Week 12:

Bush: 5 carries, 24y, 0 TD ~3fp

Dunn: 19 carries, 52y, 1 TD ~14fp

Week 11:

Bush: 13 carries, 51y, 0 TD ~7fp

Dunn: 15 carries, 52y, 0 TD ~8fp

Week 10:

Bush: 10 carries, 49y, 1 TD ~12fp

Dunn: 21 carries, 73y, 0 TD ~11fp

Week 9:

Bush: 11 carries, -5y, 0 TD ~1fp

Dunn: 11 carries, 51y, 1 TD ~13fp

Week 8:

Bush: 5 carries, 16y, 0 TD ~4fp

Dunn: 20 carries, 57y, 0 TD ~9fp

I own both Bush and Addai, so I'm really not on one side or the other here... I'm pretty unbiased.

The level of hype Bush receives has really polarized people here.

Yes, there is plenty to be critical about with him: he dances a bit too much, he seems to go down too easy. We've all seen it. But we've all seen the speed, agility, and gamebreaking ability he has too.

From a fantasy perspective, it's all about 2 things: ability and opportunity.

Ability:

We can argue all day about whether or not Bush's ability will eventually put him on the level of a Barry Sanders or Ladanian Tomlinson, but it doesn't really matter to me. Bush has already proven that he can play at an NFL level. Bush's ability isn't a concern anymore. He ain't Ki-Jana Carter, and he ain't Barry Sanders. He's simply good enough to play, it's just a question of how good will he be, what's his ceiling.

So, that brings us to:

Opportunity:

This was the biggest concern for Bush owners. The RBBC, Deuce McAllister. It is pretty clear the NO will do everything they can to get the ball into Bush's hands. He's gonna' get his touches and opportunity. That's the most (only?) positive thing to come out of last nights NO disaster. Bush will get the ball, A LOT.

and finally, if Bush catches the swing pass in the Red Zone and scores, the tune is completely different on him today.

It's one game. A Game that the Saints were owned in.

I own both Bush and Addai, so I'm really not on one side or the other here... I'm pretty unbiased.

The level of hype Bush receives has really polarized people here.

Yes, there is plenty to be critical about with him: he dances a bit too much, he seems to go down too easy. We've all seen it. But we've all seen the speed, agility, and gamebreaking ability he has too.

From a fantasy perspective, it's all about 2 things: ability and opportunity.

Ability:

We can argue all day about whether or not Bush's ability will eventually put him on the level of a Barry Sanders or Ladanian Tomlinson, but it doesn't really matter to me. Bush has already proven that he can play at an NFL level. Bush's ability isn't a concern anymore. He ain't Ki-Jana Carter, and he ain't Barry Sanders. He's simply good enough to play, it's just a question of how good will he be, what's his ceiling.

So, that brings us to:

Opportunity:

This was the biggest concern for Bush owners. The RBBC, Deuce McAllister. It is pretty clear the NO will do everything they can to get the ball into Bush's hands. He's gonna' get his touches and opportunity. That's the most (only?) positive thing to come out of last nights NO disaster. Bush will get the ball, A LOT.

and finally, if Bush catches the swing pass in the Red Zone and scores, the tune is completely different on him today.

It's one game. A Game that the Saints were owned in.

Thanks you for the sanity.

Unfortunately for me, the guy that owns Bush in my league isn't NEARLY as short-sighted as you are. :cry:

Actually he's right on with his statement (removing perhaps Leon Washington) He stated Non-PPR. And in non-PPR leagues Bush was merely, "nearly as good" in the later part of the season as Dayne, Dunn, etc. With the sole exceptions of his week 16 game (which Dayne still outscored him) and the 49ers game Dayne AND Dunn were both more than comparable starts as Dreadlocks posted..

Week 16

Bush: 20 carries, 126y, 1 TD ~22fp

Dayne: 32 carries, 153y, 2TD ~31fp

Dunn: 9 carries, 29y, 0 TD ~5fp

Week 15:

Bush: 7 carries, 14y, 0 TD ~2fp

Dayne: 18 carries, 94y, 1TD ~18fp

Dunn: 18 carries, 56y, 0 TD ~8

Week 14:

Bush: 6 carries, 37y, 0 TD ~4fp

Dayne: 21 carries, 87y, 2TD ~24fp

Dunn: 11 carries, 45y, 0 TD ~6fp

Week 13:

Bush: 10 carries, 37y, 3 TD ~23fp

Dayne: 18 carries, 95y, 0TD ~12fp

Dunn: 21 carries, 87y, 0 TD ~12fp

Week 12:

Bush: 5 carries, 24y, 0 TD ~3fp

Dunn: 19 carries, 52y, 1 TD ~14fp

Week 11:

Bush: 13 carries, 51y, 0 TD ~7fp

Dunn: 15 carries, 52y, 0 TD ~8fp

Week 10:

Bush: 10 carries, 49y, 1 TD ~12fp

Dunn: 21 carries, 73y, 0 TD ~11fp

Week 9:

Bush: 11 carries, -5y, 0 TD ~1fp

Dunn: 11 carries, 51y, 1 TD ~13fp

Week 8:

Bush: 5 carries, 16y, 0 TD ~4fp

Dunn: 20 carries, 57y, 0 TD ~9fp

Not to flame, but I'm wondering what his receiving stats were for that period? Not because of PPR - I'm looking more for just the yardage and the TDs (most non-PPR leagues use both numbers). If you have them handy, could you please post them? :unsure:

Not to flame, but I'm wondering what his receiving stats were for that period? If you have them handy, could you please post them? :thumbsup:

I pulled the rushing stats right from ESPN.com

And I wasn't trying to weigh any weight for an arguement, just pointing out that his rushing numbers really weren't much better if at all than Dunn/Dayne through that streatch as the previous poster had mentioned.

Not to flame, but I'm wondering what his receiving stats were for that period? Not because of PPR - I'm looking more for just the yardage and the TDs (most non-PPR leagues use both numbers). If you have them handy, could you please post them? :thumbsup:

I think this is only fair.

My take on Bush is pretty simple, he is a great football talent not a great running back at this point. For non PPR FF purposes Bush should be evaluated more as a WR than a RB. Because of the limited carries Bush gets he will not be as consistent from week to week as the top 10 running backs. However, the probability of him putting up 25 points in a game is much higher than most of the top 10 running backs. Because so many of his FF points will come from the passing game there will be alot of peaks and valleys in his week to week numbers just like WRs.

I have a lot vested in him, as I traded Vince Young, Brandon Jacobs and Kellen Winslow for him in my ppr league... but I don't think it's a secret where I stand on this subject. Long live Mr President :thumbsup:

Well done moron....way to tank your season.

I think this is only fair.

My take on Bush is pretty simple, he is a great football talent not a great running back at this point. For non PPR FF purposes Bush should be evaluated more as a WR than a RB. Because of the limited carries Bush gets he will not be as consistent from week to week as the top 10 running backs. However, the probability of him putting up 25 points in a game is much higher than most of the top 10 running backs. Because so many of his FF points will come from the passing game there will be alot of peaks and valleys in his week to week numbers just like WRs.

Pure jackassery at its finest. Top 10 backs get GL carries...Multi touchdown games are what score the big points. He may have 4-5 long touchdowns over the course of the year. But that isn't going to carry the load vs a legit 20-25 carry guy who will get the gl duties.