Sign in to follow this  
teejay booker

Eli Manning day-to-day

(KFFL) Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning (shoulder) said he is day-to-day with his shoulder injury. Manning also said he is cautiously optimistic that he will play Week 2.

Got that off of Myfantasyleague.com. Probably have an updated link later. Looks like ESPN dropped the ball on this one...

sure hope they dropped the ball........hope eli is ok for qb depth....doubt i would start him this week though.

with saying that....340 4tds......

I'd be surprised if the Giants let him play. Probably smarter to play it safe and rest him for at least a week, since he is their franchise player.

Another article on Elihttp://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2007/09/11/giant...ury-is-serious/

“It’s sore right now, that’s about all there is to it,” said Manning. “The day after you get hit on it, it’s just going to be a little sore and a little tight. But overall I’m not in pain or am not hurting in any way. So it is just a matter of when I can throw the ball, I’ll be out there throwing it. It’s just going to be day-by-day. I think with (Monday) off and (Tuesday) off, hopefully these are probably the worst two days of it. I’ll be getting better and treatment and get iced. I’ll take anything I can to try to get healed up as quickly as possible. They said that everything is probably as good as could be from the tests results. It is just a matter of when you have the strength and when you feel you can throw full strength and you will be out there playing…It’s all a matter of how I feel. I hope I feel better (on Tuesday). And by Wednesday just see how the arm feels; just take some test throws. Whether I do some stuff or – it’s just all a matter of how I feel and when I am ready to throw.”

Eli is a whiny punk. I am glad he is hurt, there is one less cry baby in the league now. Chargers fans know what I am talking about here. :thumbsup:

gb may not have much...

but 1 thing they DO have is a pass rush and very good LBs...

me thinks eli may die sunday...he wont play....the season isnt over after 2 weeks even IF the giants go 0-2..they need him for the full season...

(KFFL) Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning (shoulder) said he is day-to-day with his shoulder injury. Manning also said he is cautiously optimistic that he will play Week 2.

Got that off of Myfantasyleague.com. Probably have an updated link later. Looks like ESPN dropped the ball on this one...

I would love to see Manning come back early but I doubt they would be shopping for a backup if he was only going to be gone for a week. Could be though...

Adam Schein of FoxSports, speaking on NY Daily News Live, reports that the Giants have contacted the Buccaneers about QB Chris Simms.

The Giants are looking for depth after Eli Manning's injury, and Simms would provide just that. New York seems an unlikely landing spot for Simms, since Tim Hasselbeck is available and knows the offense. It's not like Simms is in condition to compete to start right now.

Seems to me that they wouldn't go after Simms, but if they are shopping for a QB, then I think Manning's injury may be worse then "day-to-day"...

Eli is a whiny punk. I am glad he is hurt, there is one less cry baby in the league now. Chargers fans know what I am talking about here. :music_guitarred:

Way to show that class Pimptaddy, someone oughta slam you on your shoulder and see how quickly you bounce back. <_<

Way to show that class Pimptaddy, someone oughta slam you on your shoulder and see how quickly you bounce back. :music_guitarred:

No one could slam me on my shoulder, and if it did happen I would bounce back faster than that whiny stickboy Eli. The guy is a whiner!

Eli is a whiny punk. I am glad he is hurt, there is one less cry baby in the league now. Chargers fans know what I am talking about here. :thumbsup:

Typical Cowboy fan response.

I bet Peyton would have been back on the field if his team was down 10 points in a still winnable game. If he's going to leave then, you can bet She-li won't be playing this week for "precautionary" purposes.

No one could slam me on my shoulder, and if it did happen I would bounce back faster than that whiny stickboy Eli. The guy is a whiner!

Yeah, you're such a superstar you would never be sacked in the NFL. I guess that's why you're posting on these boards instead of playing professional football. I laugh at everyone of your posts because you are such the posterboy for a bandwagon Cowboy fan it's not even funny.

I bet Peyton would have been back on the field if his team was down 10 points in a still winnable game. If he's going to leave then, you can bet She-li won't be playing this week for "precautionary" purposes.

What Peyton Manning has to do with any of this discussion is beyond me.

I hope that this is true and that he is able to bounce back quickly here. When they lost Jacobs, that hurt them. If they lose Eli, they're done...period.

What Peyton Manning has to do with any of this discussion is beyond me.

The obvious point is that I don't think that Eli has the pain tolerance of his brother so don't count on him playing this week if he's going to bail after throwing a TD multiple plays after being injured.

HTH

Source: New York Daily News Dr. James Andrews confirmed the Giants' initial diagnosis of Eli Manning's shoulder injury as a sprained A-C joint.

Andrews said that as long as Manning can tolerate the pain, he can play without fear of further injuring his shoulder. It's all up to Eli now. Watch to see if he practices this week. The Giants are confident that even if he misses Week 2, he will be ready for Week 3.

Link Manning cleared to play

The obvious point is that I don't think that Eli has the pain tolerance of his brother so don't count on him playing this week if he's going to bail after throwing a TD multiple plays after being injured.

HTH

Yeah, that's pretty relevant to Eli playing. Makes complete sense. :lol: I guess if Julius Jones gets hurt I can compare him to his cousin Thomas. Don't know what difference it makes comparing two players in this scenario, but if it makes you feel better then great.

HTH

FYI.....Eli has NEVER missed any type of football game since his days as a kid through NFL. He's played through injuries. Not to say he won't miss this week... but just to respond to this post.

I guess if Julius Jones gets hurt I can compare him to his cousin Thomas.

They are brothers also.

I am sure Eli's injury will be the most monitered this week. I am a big Lorenzen fan, however i hope eli can make it on to the field. If he cant i hope they announce early, so that i can pick up GB's defense.

Problem with all the whiny sissy talk...is Eli was in the game after the injury, he threw the last TD to Burress with that injury.

Problem with all the whiny sissy talk...is Eli was in the game after the injury, he threw the last TD to Burress with that injury.

FYI.....Eli has NEVER missed any type of football game since his days as a kid through NFL. He's played through injuries. Not to say he won't miss this week... but just to respond to this post.

That's pretty remarkable if true but again, I ask, why does he leave a game when it's on the line if he was capable of playing just minutes earlier?

Throw out the Peyton remark if you want. How many other QBs would have tried to win that game for their team? My guess would be that most probably would have tried to finish that game and sort out the injury after the fact. He knew that shoulder wasn't seperated because there's no damn way he's still throwing passes after the fact if it were. It was a divisional game against their biggest rival. I'm calling it out as a b!tch move.

I watched Chad Pennington gut out a hopeless loss on Sunday with one leg. I did not see that on Sunday night.