Sign in to follow this  
footballallyear

Mangini is a RAT per WFAN in New York

Mangini was PART of the Patriots team for years and participated in their taping signals. Now he waits and RATS out his former team to the NFL...He could have just had the person removed by Jets security but CHOSE to throw Belichick and the Pats under the NFL bus. He knows this is a common practice, but wants SO BAD to get back at Billy B because he wouldn't shake his hand.

I'm sure he didn't expect the fallout that has been seen this week in the media and if he had to do it again I guarantee he would have kept it in house.

WELL NO ONE LIKES A RAT....on WFAN today the New York Sports radio talk station Mike & the Maddog said as much...they kept talking abount MANGINI NOT BELICHICK...That's right in New York the perception is Mangini is a RAT and will in the long run be blackballed in the NFL.

MANGINA SUCKS!!

Mangini was PART of the Patriots team for years and participated in their taping signals. Now he waits and RATS out his former team to the NFL...He could have just had the person removed by Jets security but CHOSE to throw Belichick and the Pats under the NFL bus. He knows this is a common practice, but wants SO BAD to get back at Billy B because he wouldn't shake his hand.

I'm sure he didn't expect the fallout that has been seen this week in the media and if he had to do it again I guarantee he would have kept it in house.

WELL NO ONE LIKES A RAT....on WFAN today the New York Sports radio talk station Mike & the Maddog said as much...they kept talking abount MANGINI NOT BELICHICK...That's right in New York the perception is Mangini is a RAT and will in the long run be blackballed in the NFL.

MANGINA SUCKS!!

Agreed

MANGINA SUCKS!!

I say bravo, Mangini, you outratted Belicheat. If Mangini is doing anything similar it will catch up to him in time, but you'd have to be a moron to try to cheat against someone who knows EXACTLY what to look for. And for THAT REASON Goodell is letting everyone down by not suspending Belichek.

I don't know why Mad Dog kept bashing Mangini. Mangini isn't the problem, Belichek is. Mad dog is sometimes a hypocrite so I trust Mike's words more than Mad Dogs.

Whatever your opinion of the Patriots taping-controversy, it doesn't change the fact that Eric Mangini has always suffered from Belichick envy. He wanted (and stills wants) to be taken seriously as a coach in this league; being forever stuck under the shadow of Bill Belichick makes that nearly impossible.

Mangini seems like the type who will do anything to crush a rival who stands in his way...from whom do you think he might have learned that?

:music_guitarred:

Mike agreed with the Mangina it was the Mad Dog who thought he was a rat. But what was Mangina supposed to do? Let his team get cheated on? Bellicheat got what he deserved. F him and the PAts. :music_guitarred:

but you'd have to be a moron to try to cheat against someone who knows EXACTLY what to look for. And for THAT REASON Goodell is letting everyone down by not suspending Belichek.

:lol:

"We're going to go ahead and suspend you Bill because you weren't sneaky enough about it. Try to do better next time."

:lol:

"We're going to go ahead and suspend you Bill because you weren't sneaky enough about it. Try to do better next time."

"We're going to go ahead and remove one of your first round draft picks and fine you some inconsequential money Bill because you weren't sneaky enough about it. Try to do better next time otherwise I might actually have to follow the precedents I set with other coaches and players by suspending you."

MANGINA SUCKS!!

Trust me on this.....All that matters in New York, wether it's baseball, basketball, hockey..it's about winning! If New Yorkians think he's a rat, let the JETS make the playoff and it will be a thing of the past. Winning cures everything except the commom cold!!

Given that the commissioner's office informed teams that the rule would be strictly enforced prior to the season it is most likely that Mangini and others tried to informally resolve the problem only to have the P®ats brazenly flaunt the rule. I don't blame Mangini at all if he did turn them in (although I don't see any evidence of that). Enough is enough.

"We're going to go ahead and remove one of your first round draft picks and fine you some inconsequential money Bill because you weren't sneaky enough about it. Try to do better next time otherwise I might actually have to follow the precedents I set with other coaches and players by suspending you."

I don't see what that has to do with your original point about the reason he should be suspended, so I guess I'll just assume you agree it was pretty weak.

I don't see what that has to do with your original point about the reason he should be suspended, so I guess I'll just assume you agree it was pretty weak.

Precedent is clearly the correct answer. My original point was an exaggeration but no less true: Goodell is saying people he likes can buy their way out of real punishment. I am sure that the draft pick stings a little bit but that won't stop them from winning now the way suspending him would affect.

:music_guitarred:

itsatipthat"ers"...

It's a Joke my man...lighten up!!

Guest _my_2_cents_

Maybe it's because Mangini worked for Bill "the genius" B for so long and took his sh!t that he knew the guy was a cheater. Maybe when Billy Genius didn't shake his hand after that loss or treat him with any respect, Mangini said, "yeah? well fock you." Maybe Mangini wanted his game to be fair and without Billy Genius cheating to win.

Maybe this, maybe that. Doesn't excuse Billy Genius from cheating. Mangini did nothing wrong. The Patriots tried to cheat and they got caught. Turning this into an anti Mangini thing is nonsense and childish.

Precedent is clearly the correct answer. My original point was an exaggeration but no less true: Goodell is saying people he likes can buy their way out of real punishment. I am sure that the draft pick stings a little bit but that won't stop them from winning now the way suspending him would affect.

How would suspending a coach do anything?

How would they monitor whether he was involved in any of the game prep, planning, film study evaluations or if even even phoned in some advice during the game. It would be absolutely pointless (other than making a point I guess :pointstosky: ) to suspend a coach.

I love how all the Pats fans are trying to draw blame to others. :pointstosky: No one made him cheat, he did it to himself. He deserves worse than he got. Stop ducking the fact that the Patriots and Bill are a bunch of cheats!!!! Who cares if someone ratted him out, doesn't change the fact he is a cheat!

Guest _my_2_cents_
And everybody thinks Belichick is an a-hole for hating Mangini. He has his reasons, and they are good.

Uhm, he hates Mangini for getting caught cheating when playing against him?

:blink:

You Pats fans are getting to be just too much to take.

Mangini was the victim of Bill's cheating, and that's why he hates him so much? Fascinating - go on, please - extrapolate on Bill's reasons for hating Mangini, because it sure sounds like you're trying to say that the egg came before the chicken.

As a NY/NJ area guy, I put about as much stock in ANYTHING Chris "Mad Dog" Russo says as I would into owning shares in Enron.

It's not because i like the NY local teams he's always bashing (i think that the fair balance he provides is a good thing for their show and NY Sports radio in general (Mike Francesa is a Yankee fan, Parcells friend and generally supports the other local teams a lot more than Dog with his comments.). It's because he is an immature, super contrarian, often irrational, mine all the controversy for what it's worth, super annoying twerp.

Francesa, on the other hand can sometimes bully callers with dissenting opinions.. but he is generally much calmer, smart, more rational.. and comes across as far less condescending than Russo. There's a reason that he gets the tv gigs. It ain't because of his looks.. He's smart and he knows his sh*t.

I didn't hear his rant this week about Mangini.. but based on my already nil opinion of Russo, i would say it was just a nimrod, stirring the pot and saying if there's smoke, there must be fire. By no means, does Chris Russo's opinion ever take the temperature of the NY area sports fan.. in the end, it's just not his role. His role is the loudmouth, d*ckhead contrarian.. and while I won't listen to him if Mike is on vacation.. he does perform his role pretty well.

:thumbsdown:

For now on Genius is gonna have to kill any assistants that leave for other jobs.

I guess Crennel's taking it like a good soldier if/when they play NE? You can bet Charle Weis would've babbled all about it if he had taken an NFL coaching gig.

Yes, I'm a Jets fan, so I guess I'm biased. But how in the hell can Mangini be a rat for Bellichek being caught cheating? Mangini is no longer a Patriots employee. What is he supposed to do? Be like...ok the Patriots are spying on my team, but since I used to work for them I'll let it slide? Are you f'ing kidding me? If anything it just shows how arrogant the Patriots are that they would cheat on someone that supposedly was well aware.

For Mangini to be a rat he would have had to go to the NFL and tell about this video cheating while he was still a Patriots coach. That's what a rat would do.

I love the Patriots fans that are like...."Yeah Mangini is a rat"! He's no longer your coach idiots. Your coach is the one that's a cheat. The NFL basically came out with their ruling saying so and Bellichek's response is that it was a "mis-interpretation of the rules". Ummm no. The rules strictly state you can't video tape, and that's exactly what he was doing, from the Jets sideline no less. That's not a mis-interpretation. That's pretty blatant.

Everyone gets what is coming to them. Belicheck is known for his being ornery and kicking those people on the way up the ladder. Remember, be nice to those on the way up, you will surely see them on the way down. In Belicheck's case, he had what is coming to him. SOmeone should have told him not to be a jerk to Mangini on the way out of his office, that the Jets were a bad organization, that he was too young to be a head coach. Someone should have told Belicheck that you never bad mouth a guy who has the ultimate trump card on you.

Mangini may have ratted, but Belicheck is one of the most unapproachable and unfriendly people in the entire NFL. No one cries for Bonds when he gets caught cheating because he is a jerk..just like Billy Boy.

Mangini was PART of the Patriots team for years and participated in their taping signals.

How do you know he participated?

He knows this is a common practice

Oh really? Name one other team using video cameras on the sideline like the Pats did.

Wow, you guarantee it? It must be so, then.

WELL NO ONE LIKES A RAT....on WFAN today the New York Sports radio talk station Mike & the Maddog said as much...

Both of them, huh? Are you sure it wasn't just Mad Dog?

they kept talking abount MANGINI NOT BELICHICK...That's right in New York the perception is Mangini is a RAT and will in the long run be blackballed in the NFL.

Do you buy into every opinion you hear on the radio?

MANGINA SUCKS!!

I'm sure he'd be devastated that you think so.

"I did think The Turncoat (aka Eric Mangini) should have been fined for blowing the whistle on Belichick and then inexplicably shaking his hand afterward. Stick to your guns, Mr. Mangineous. If you're going to sell out your old boss during the game, what better way to show your disgust than eschewing the postgame handshake and just walking off the field? What's the point of shaking hands? Hey, great game, congrats on the win. ... By the way, I ratted you out in the first quarter, sorry about that. My dad was more outraged about that two-faced move than anything since the Doc Rivers extension."--Bill Simmons

MANGINA = RAT

Bill Simmons, "The Sports Guy".. super Boston homer columnist for ESPN.. sometimes a funny scribe, but not even close to an impartial opinion on anything about Boston teams.

Next. ;)

He knows this is a common practice, but wants SO BAD to get back at Billy B because he wouldn't shake his hand.

Did Mangini tell you this or did you make this part up? :music_guitarred:

Bill Simmons was much cooler when he was an unknown. I wish he would stop pretending no one reads his column and realize he is now mainstream.

"I did think The Turncoat (aka Eric Mangini) should have been fined for blowing the whistle on Belichick and then inexplicably shaking his hand afterward. Stick to your guns, Mr. Mangineous. If you're going to sell out your old boss during the game, what better way to show your disgust than eschewing the postgame handshake and just walking off the field? What's the point of shaking hands? Hey, great game, congrats on the win. ... By the way, I ratted you out in the first quarter, sorry about that. My dad was more outraged about that two-faced move than anything since the Doc Rivers extension."--Bill Simmons, Irrational Pats Homer, and Son of an Irrational Pats Homer.

Consider the source. :rolleyes:

MANGINA = RAT

If you keep saying it, does it make you feel better?

Guest _my_2_cents_
"I did think The Turncoat (aka Eric Mangini) should have been fined for blowing the whistle on Belichick and then inexplicably shaking his hand afterward. Stick to your guns, Mr. Mangineous. If you're going to sell out your old boss during the game, what better way to show your disgust than eschewing the postgame handshake and just walking off the field? What's the point of shaking hands? Hey, great game, congrats on the win. ... By the way, I ratted you out in the first quarter, sorry about that. My dad was more outraged about that two-faced move than anything since the Doc Rivers extension."--Bill Simmons

MANGINA = RAT

wow - so lemme get this straight...Bill Simmons, an unabashed NE homer, who wears Patriot glasses and is proud of it, posted something bad about Mangini?

wow - color me like, shocked or something. :music_guitarred:

Oh OK I get it...you take the 'i' at the end of Mangini and you make it an 'a' so it sounds like 'Mangina', like a man with a vagina.

That is really clever!

This is an idiotic thread. WFAN did not state any such thing; I heard it. It was simply Chris "Mad Dog" Russo, going off on another BS possibility thing like he likes to do. Of course he hedges by repeating he 'doesn't KNOW if he did or didn't or anything, he's just saying....' Chris Russo is HORRIBLE. I suggest you don't bother listening to his stupidity. He never gets anything right. Mike is only slightly better when it comes to the NFL. I couldn't help but chuckle when he said the starting RB for Green Bay is some kid named Morency. Obviously he just read a depth chart and have NO IDEA what's actually happening....

Pat fans need to quit whining already. You guys look pathetic!