Sign in to follow this  
MadLove

Why was Maroney projected Top 12?

Almost all FF "experts", sites and magazines had L Maroney pegged anywhere from 10th - 14th best RB this year.... um, why?

Were his goal-line carries not a question before/during the summer? I just don't fockin' get it :sleep:

How long do we give Maroney before unloading...

Almost all FF "experts", sites and magazines had L Maroney pegged anywhere from 10th - 14th best RB this year.... um, why?

Were his goal-line carries not a question before/during the summer? I just don't fockin' get it :mellow:

He's on one of the best teams with the best offenses in the NFL. He's the main ball carrier on that team. Why wouldn't he be 10-14?

It's only been 2 weeks and, even though I don't like how he's running right now, he's averaging over 4 yards per carry and has more yards rushing than LT, LJ, and SJ.

Were his goal-line carries not a question before/during the summer? I just don't fockin' get it :thumbsdown:

I would trade him for a gun to be named later and then shoot yourself because 2 whole weeks of games don't seem to be helping you or half the trigger happy on this bored much.

Because everyone assumed that he would get all the goal line carries Dillon got. We all assumed he would get most of the carries. He will get his carries sooner or later. The Pat's will run more as the season goes on. Teams will open up even more as they double and triple Moss. Did you see the Chargers played poor D leaving 7-8 in the box and got burnt via the pass.

Personally, I think Maroney will be fine, in fact I was considering putting offers on the table to his owners. The Pats are a team that take what other teams give them. SD has a really good front 7 so of course they will throw the ball on them. They'll pound Maroney this week on the Bills.

What should be concerning to Maroney owners is the goalline stuff. If he doesn't get those carries, then he's not a top 12 back fo sho (and the reason why I didn't make the offers).

They assumed Maroney would be the only RB to get carries. THey forgot to take into account that the Pats use a bunch of players to fill roles. Kevin Faulk sound familiar? Funny thing is they argued that exact point when they were bashing Moss, saying New England spread the ball around too much for him to succeed! :overhead: Funny how silly these 'experts' are looking. :dunno: :headbanger:

Were his goal-line carries not a question before/during the summer? I just don't fockin' get it :headbanger:

maybe you should stop subscribing to the over-hyped 2nd year RB trend and you wouldn't have this problem to worry about right now. :dunno:

According to fftoday's stats Ladell Betts was the 10th overall rb in scoring last year with 1599 total yards and 5 td's. Does anyone think that Maroney doesn't have a shot at numbers like this even while sharing carries in NE?

I traded Maroney for Westbrook.

Lucky you!!

On the other hand, passing Maroney for Addai was great!!! But who would have got Maroney over Addai anyway. Right now Addai is running great and the passing game helps him wonders!! Love Addai. In my draft next week...I go L.T, if not him I'm looking at Addai or Rudi Johnson. S Jax and Gore can wait.

He's a very good back. No one expected Sammy Morris to get the action he's getting.

Most importantly, there are 32-teams in the league. That means, 16 #1 runningbacks are going to be on the "sucky side" of the league, and other 16 #1 runningbacks are going to be on the "better than the sucky" side of the league.

Putting him at 10-14 isn't that big a reach.

Finally, it's week 2. Shut the fock up. :pointstosky:

All you can do is take the best available information and all that info pointed to a top 12 back. So what if it isn't working out, that's the best you can do.

Half the players ranked in the top 12 won't finish there, it's the nature of the beast.

Lucky you!!

On the other hand, passing Maroney for Addai was great!!! But who would have got Maroney over Addai anyway. Right now Addai is running great and the passing game helps him wonders!! Love Addai. In my draft next week...I go L.T, if not him I'm looking at Addai or Rudi Johnson. S Jax and Gore can wait.

Prior to the season my list was LT, SJax, Addai, Gore... I think Addai has definitely passed SJax at this point, though I don't think there will be a huge difference between Addai and SJax at the end of the season.

Guest _my_2_cents_

Not by me. I said the guy was a bit too fragile for my tastes as a feature back, and I guess the Pats thought so too since it's a RBBC from hell. Sammy Morris, Heath Evans - fantasy owners at the 12 spot loooooove you guys. lol

I thought he had a shot, but I remember a debate abour Maroney Vs Addai here and there were about an equal number on both sides. I didn't think it was close.

Maroney may well have a monster game here or there - I won't discount the possibility. Might even be this week. But so far the Pats have turned into the Bengals O, chuckin it all over the place.

All you can do is take the best available information and all that info pointed to a top 12 back. So what if it isn't working out, that's the best you can do.

Half the players ranked in the top 12 won't finish there, it's the nature of the beast.

i fully agree. all you can do is take the information available to you at the time, make a decision, rank accordingly and see what happens. everyone's value changes after the first quarter of football on the first sunday of the season....more information available, more things change. it's why position is so important in poker. it's why you can't get yourself all crazy over having a tough break...you just gotta put yourself in a position to win then it's up to the fantasy gods from there.

however, there were some pats homers on this board that were preaching that this exact thing would happen...maroney would get far less carries than people thought and goalliners were still in question. i'm a pats homer, but i was of the family of - hey, he's a young explosive back on a great team with a great passing game to keep the defense honest, there's no difference between him and addai. now, i think the difference is tony dungy vs. bill bilicheck....dungy plays a more predictable style, bilicheck just doesn't give a f&ck, he'll do whatever he wants.

sammie morris will end up with 75 yds and 2tds tomorrow, maroney w/105 rushing yds, no tds. book it.

Maroney is coming off a shoulder injury and I think they are still limiting his overall load. As the season moves on, he should get more and more touches including some in the redzone. Teams are going to start making defending the pass the #1 priority when playing the Pats so I think that will open up things for him some and as soon as the team has 100% faith in him being over the injury, he should start to put up top 10 numbers.

I'd be pissed off if I drafted Maroney because he's not getting goal line carries and that offense is all passing this year. There is something to be worried about because Maroney isn't going to put up 1st round RB numbers.

He's a very good back. No one expected Sammy Morris to get the action he's getting.

Actually, I suspected it. I moved Maroney in the offseason because Belicheck uses everyone in an effort to get to the postseason as healthy and fresh as possible.

I didn't. I had him at 12 solely because of the sickass wide receivers group... not because of RBBC.