Sign in to follow this  
locogrande

Marion Barber vs. CHI this week

MBIII has been money this year - but anyone besides me thinking this might be a week to "rest" him?

Chicago did will against both LT and LJ so far, and given barber's 50% share of carries, I am unsure of how much we can really expect from him this week.

Personally, I am considering removing him from my flex spot in favor of a WR like S.Moss - but I'm interested to hear what other owners are thinking ...

Bears will likely give Dallas a short field more than once thanks to Grossman. I see T.O and MBIII both hitting paydirt, maybe Witten too before it is all over.

people have obviously overdosed on the Cowboy Coolaid at this point...

CHI is playing at home with a nasty D. Rex blows, but he will throw the deep ball to Berrian and the Dallas secondary looks suspect. Everyone keeps mentioning Rex playing from behind. But, I would not be at all surprised to see Romo playing from behind. All in all, these predictions of Cowboys greenlights from Barber to Witten to TO to Romo are all somewhat laughable. Could they be right? Sure. But, until proven otherwise CHI DST is an automatic caution IMO.

CHI is playing at home with a nasty D. Rex blows, but he will throw the deep ball to Berrian and the Dallas secondary looks suspect. Everyone keeps mentioning Rex playing from behind. But, I would not be at all surprised to see Romo playing from behind. All in all, these predictions of Cowboys greenlights from Barber to Witten to TO to Romo are all somewhat laughable. Could they be right? Sure. But, until proven otherwise CHI DST is an automatic caution IMO.

Rex Grossman is an automatic caution for his team. The guy is a lock to throw at least 2 ints. Give me MBIII on with a short field and he gets paid. The Bears offense is horrible and the Cowboys D is underrated. Seriously, we lose our starting NT and Ellis and Newman are not playing and we are now the colts of 3-4 years ago with no defense. Dallas can overcome the bears D more than the grossman can overcome the cowboys D.

I'd have to agree with the exception of TO and maybe Witten but too a much less extent. The Bears lost FS Mike Brown for the season. Brown is a guy those outside Chicago would only know if you played in deep IDP leagues. He has been hurt every year. But when he plays, he is a difference maker. Well he is not playing. It changes the way the Bears play the middle of the field, the most easily exploited area in the cover two. Urlacher will tend to stay in coverage rather than pressure the QB and play the run. He cheats to the deep middle off the snap. It opens up the run too but this year vs. last the Bears are tougher on the line with a healthy Tommie Harris and former Eagle Darwin Walker at tackle (Ian Scott and Tank Johnson finished 2006). These two guys plus Briggs and Hillenmeyer will contain the run all night.

For the Cowboys to be successful, they will need to exploit Danieal Manning at FS and Urlacher in isolation. It feels weird just writing that the Cowboys should go at Urlacher but with the way he will have to compensate for the loss of Brown, I would be sending Witten and TO across the middle of the field all day. The Bear corners are adequate who look better because of the strong rush. But my game plan would be to use Witten early to set up TO late in the game. Right now, that is the only crack in the best defense in the conference. If Manning steps up and plays, the Cowboys are in trouble.

Just my .02¢.

Guest _my_2_cents_
If Manning steps up and plays, the Cowboys are in trouble.

Just my .02¢.

Manning's on the Bears? :bench:

Manning's on the Bears? :lol:

The corner? :bench:

ETA: I think they moved him to safety, actually. Maybe. Hell, maybe I'm wrong.

Guest _my_2_cents_
The corner? :blink:

ETA: I think they moved him to safety, actually. Maybe. Hell, maybe I'm wrong.

:doh:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, yes indeedy. I confused myself with beer. Carry on. :angry:

Manning's on the Bears? :doublethumbsup:

The RIF bus didn't stop in your neighborhood, did it?

For the Cowboys to be successful, they will need to exploit Danieal Manning at FS and Urlacher in isolation. It feels weird just writing that the Cowboys should go at Urlacher but with the way he will have to compensate for the loss of Brown, I would be sending Witten and TO across the middle of the field all day. The Bear corners are adequate who look better because of the strong rush. But my game plan would be to use Witten early to set up TO late in the game. Right now, that is the only crack in the best defense in the conference. If Manning steps up and plays, the Cowboys are in trouble.

Danieal Manning has taken over as Chicago's starting free safety following the season ending loss of Mike Brown.

Cowboys D is underrated.

287 yards + 2 TDs passing to Trent Green

312 yards + 4 TDs passing to Eli Manning

And do you even remember the hammering the cowgirls secondary took from the Saints or Lions or Seahawks (playoff) last year?

Quit your delusional homerism....you are clueless.

I'd have to agree with the exception of TO and maybe Witten but too a much less extent. The Bears lost FS Mike Brown for the season. Brown is a guy those outside Chicago would only know if you played in deep IDP leagues. He has been hurt every year. But when he plays, he is a difference maker. Well he is not playing. It changes the way the Bears play the middle of the field, the most easily exploited area in the cover two. Urlacher will tend to stay in coverage rather than pressure the QB and play the run. He cheats to the deep middle off the snap. It opens up the run too but this year vs. last the Bears are tougher on the line with a healthy Tommie Harris and former Eagle Darwin Walker at tackle (Ian Scott and Tank Johnson finished 2006). These two guys plus Briggs and Hillenmeyer will contain the run all night.

Just my .02¢.

Mr Dixie

Manning has looked very good in place of Mike Brown....he already has one int. He actually has better speed/size/athleticism than Mike Brown. All he needed was some experience and after starting all of last year, he has that.

The Bears D is gonna kill the cowgirls and the Bears O will pass for at least 250+ on that sorry cowgirls defense. Bears should win.....should be a good game though.

Good post. Greg Olsen will play too this week. Bears should win at home....it is going to be like a playoff game and the crowd will be crazy.

MBIII has been money this year - but anyone besides me thinking this might be a week to "rest" him?

Chicago did will against both LT and LJ so far, and given barber's 50% share of carries, I am unsure of how much we can really expect from him this week.

Personally, I am considering removing him from my flex spot in favor of a WR like S.Moss - but I'm interested to hear what other owners are thinking ...

You should not even think twice. Cowboys will be lucky to get any goal line carries and even if they get close to the redzone, Bears should stop MBIII. Maybe he gets a lucky TD from a 1st and goal situation, but if I were you, instead of relying on that, I would start Moss against a very bad Giants secondary.

Mr Dixie

Manning has looked very good in place of Mike Brown....he already has one int. He actually has better speed/size/athleticism than Mike Brown. All he needed was some experience and after starting all of last year, he has that.

The Bears D is gonna kill the cowgirls and the Bears O will pass for at least 250+ on that sorry cowgirls defense. Bears should win.....should be a good game though.

If you're talking about speed, Manning was actually #1 in the combine behind Devin Hester. I think he'll be fine. Buckle up, fellas.

Mr Dixie

Athletically, he matches up with Brown. But Brown was the one of the best players on that defense. Manning might become good, why not on that defense. But he has a long way to go to get to Brown's category.

Look what Tomlinson did against Chicago. Now consider a less talented, less experienced back (MB3) who is a backup and should expect 50% of the carries at most. Any reason to think he'd be a good start? I didn't think so either. :headbanger:

okay.. it seems like everyone agrees that Barber has a shot at a td with limited yardage potential... well what's the big deal... that sounds okay for a flex position... that's what MBIII is right????

I usually start a RB at my flex b/c they have a better shot at a TD on a weekly basis... I do concede that this week I may roll with a WR option instead of MBIII... but my WR options are that great...

so... I am rolling with MBIII and hoping he gets a TD...

okay.. it seems like everyone agrees that Barber has a shot at a td with limited yardage potential...

No, everyone does not agree.

Look what Tomlinson did against Chicago. Now consider a less talented, less experienced back (MB3) who is a backup and should expect 50% of the carries at most. Any reason to think he'd be a good start? I didn't think so either. :overhead:

ouch.... nice call :blink:

Maybe Marion Barber will get some props when he breaks LT's TD record. Focking morons.

And to think, I was actually debating between MBIII and MJD. In the end went with MBIII! :thumbsdown: Highest scorer on my roster, baby!

This was the next to last time I will bench MBIII. The last time will be week 8 when he has his bye. I benched him for Jordan, so it only cost me 1.9 points.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I started him at Flex, just like I drafted him to do. Never bench your studs. Admittedly he scared me at halftime with 3 carries for 7 yds, but 101 and 2 TDs is pretty solid I think. :rolleyes:

Mr Dixie

You should not even think twice. Cowboys will be lucky to get any goal line carries and even if they get close to the redzone, Bears should stop MBIII. Maybe he gets a lucky TD from a 1st and goal situation, but if I were you, instead of relying on that, I would start Moss against a very bad Giants secondary.

Mighty Bears got spanked by some cowgirls.... and im not a dallas fan... go pack!

Lol hahahha not even close to the goal line? 34-10 gg and nice try...lol

Look what Tomlinson did against Chicago. Now consider a less talented, less experienced back (MB3) who is a backup and should expect 50% of the carries at most. Any reason to think he'd be a good start? I didn't think so either. :thumbsup:

I can only assume based on your posts in the last couple weeks you have to be a bitter JJ owner. You seem to go out of your way to cast doubt to those who praise MBIII. I didn't think he would rush for 100 yds last night based on the defense he faced and he splits carries...but the guy is a TD machine and that was proven yet again.

Look what Tomlinson did against Chicago. Now consider a less talented, less experienced back (MB3) who is a backup and should expect 50% of the carries at most. Any reason to think he'd be a good start? I didn't think so either. :thumbsup:

LMAO

How'd ya make out with this?

Bahahahaha

No, everyone does not agree.

Thats right, you KNEW he was gonna bust a big one vs the Vaunted Chitown D !!

I benched MBIII for Reggie Bush so the verdict is still out to see if I am going to do this :) , Or this :dunno:

I benched MBIII for Reggie Bush so the verdict is still out to see if I am going to do this :) , Or this :dunno:

I suspect the latter... 120( total)/ 2 is gonna be hard to beat