Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

University of Michigan will win the Big 10

You may have hope. That is until they play Ohio State and they run a wide open offense against Michigan again. Final score something like 38-10. Once again Ohio State will win the Big Ten.

But Mich cannot beat OSU or Wisconsin.. no chance in hell they win that conference.. After seeing #10 Penn St. once again play absurdly bad versus Mich.. OSU or the Badgers should win the Big 10.

I don't give a rat's ass if they do win the big ten title. Just beat the suckeyes. Man, I'm feeling like an OSU fan during the Cooper era. <_<

But Mich cannot beat OSU or Wisconsin.. no chance in hell they win that conference.. After seeing #10 Penn St. once again play absurdly bad versus Mich.. OSU or the Badgers should win the Big 10.

wisconsin didn't impress me tonight at home against iowa. they're lucky the iowa qb couldn't hit an open wr on that last drive (twice).

that said, i doubt michigan wins the big ten...but hart is a stud.

at least we know penn won't win it.

Well the Pa. St./Mich. game was as ugly as it gets. Plodding, fumbles, bad throws (a few nice throws and catches).. I think Mike Hart had 75 carries.. and Old Joe Pa. kept thinking, "that Butch Wollfolk is a pretty good back". I feel kinda bad for Hart & Manningham.

I haven't seen the Badgers play a down yet this year.. and after watching Pa. St. I have to wonder who ranked these Big 10 teams this high, this early.. half the SEC teams would murder all of them.

They won't win it, but I hope they play just well enough that they don't fire Lloyd "Nobody Does Less with More" Carr. I can't think of a better way to stick it to the smug UM fans than to saddle them with that loser for as long as possible. :music_guitarred:

They won't win it, but I hope they play just well enough that they don't fire Lloyd "Nobody Does Less with More" Carr. I can't think of a better way to stick it to the smug UM fans than to saddle them with that loser for as long as possible. :overhead:

....as compared to the Michigan State battle cry of "we couldn't do less with the less we got and we love it"

POW VEAL :wall:

....as compared to the Michigan State battle cry of "we couldn't do less with the less we got and we love it"

POW VEAL :music_guitarred:

MSU=4-0

UM=2-2

HTH

Nuff said.

:pointstosky:

On the banks of the red cedar is a school thats known to all....

:thumbsup: They will only get better as the year goes on!!

That's not saying much at all. There's only one direction to go from where they started: Up. I figured we didn't have to worry about Michigan fans showing their faces til next year. I have to admit, it takes a lot of balls to be boasting at this point.

haha, APP. ST. lost to Wofford yesterday, Michigan sucks!!

That's great lmao...now what does that say about Penn St?! lol The worst thing that could happen for the pac 10 is have UM win it, if that happens, the Pac 10 will be the joke of college football....oh, and SEC rules!!!!! :doublethumbsup:

haha, APP. ST. lost to Wofford yesterday, Michigan sucks!!

I'm the furthest thing from a michigan fan that you will see, but if you watched the game, you know that App. St. could've beaten a lot of Div I-A teams on that afternoon the way they were playing. It was just one of those fluky right place, right time things...

AND I'M SO GLAD U of M WAS THE VICTIM! :doublethumbsup: :dunno:

dude, weren't you guys picked to win the Big 10 to begin with....oh, not to mention a chance of a Nat'l title? I would say that you still have a very good shot at winning the big 10, but don't go crazy just yet....too many games left - BTW, 2 against top 10 teams (wisc. & osu) & don't be surprised if Ill. ends up being a tuffer game than you expected. good luck but don't get cocky, especially when you have that schedule.

btw - fear the vest :doublethumbsup: See ya Nov. 17th - don't be late for your yearly arse ownage!

App. St. was no fluke. People are going to have to accept that the gap between the traditional major college powers and the lower tier teams is diminishing more and more every year.

Oh, and Wofford has the talent to beat several Big 10 schools this year. Just about every Southern Conference school, with the exception of Western Carolina, is better than Northwestern.

I was at the game yesterday.

Although offensively the Michigan game plan was Hart-Hart-(please don't focker this game up frosh qb Mallett)-Hart; the thing that impressed me the most about UM was the defense. Against App St & Oregon. that seemed to play timidly, sitting in a nickel zone, and hoping the front four pressures the qb and/or stop the run. The last two games they've been attacking a lot more, blitzing multiple linebackers and lining up Crable at times as a pass rushing DE, just like what they did with Woodley (BTW - Crable is a beast, and after a slow start himself, has really blossomed into the defensive leader they needed when they lost 5 guys to the NFL).

In short, you're seeing a different UM team than the one they opened the season with. And with Hart running behind that HUGE offensive line (I swear Long and Mitchell looked like they could eat the Penn st front four for brunch) and with Mallett only to improve I think they have a legitimate shot at the Big 10 title. The question, as always, is what will happen vs Ohio St. Wisconsin, after 2 straight lackluster weeks, doesn't really impress me a whole bunch, they'll be playing Michigan State for 4th place.

wisconsin didn't impress me tonight at home against iowa. they're lucky the iowa qb couldn't hit an open wr on that last drive (twice).

that said, i doubt michigan wins the big ten...but hart is a stud.

at least we know penn won't win it.

Iowa was lucky they scored their one TD. They WR had a hold of the DBs jersey.

The UW defense is not so bad though...and against a very good IOWA defense PJ still had 100 yards and a TD.

OSU is pretty good, but someone look up the last time they beat UW in the shoe....it might surprise you.

I haven't seen the Badgers play a down yet this year.. and after watching Pa. St. I have to wonder who ranked these Big 10 teams this high, this early.. half the SEC teams would murder all of them.

Like which ones?

The Vols who gave up how much to Cal and Florida?

Vandy?

Arkansas (who did UW beat last year in the bowl?)

Bama?

Auburn?

Georgia?

Come on...look at some of the bad losses by those teams this year.

Why are there so many Michigan haters?

And don't give me the stereotypical answer that Michigan fans are snobs, or whatever. As someone who grew up a Michigan State fan, and had been conditioned from birth to hate UM I can tell you its simply untrue.

Are people that bored they take advantage of every perceived weakness to rip them?

As a football fan and as a parent, (and of course because of in state tuition) there is no better school I'd want to send my kid(s) to. How many others are ranked top 30 in the nation academically and have a football team ranked every year (even if for a week)?

No one

Why are there so many Michigan haters?

And don't give me the stereotypical answer that Michigan fans are snobs, or whatever. As someone who grew up a Michigan State fan, and had been conditioned from birth to hate UM I can tell you its simply untrue.

Are people that bored they take advantage of every perceived weakness to rip them?

As a football fan and as a parent, (and of course because of in state tuition) there is no better school I'd want to send my kid(s) to. How many others are ranked top 30 in the nation academically and have a football team ranked every year (even if for a week)?

No one

I was born and raised in Michigan. I grew up a Notre Dame fan so I really didn't like UM to begin with. When people say they are snobs, thats how they really feel. I grew up in a town where just about everyone went to college, including myself and all my friends. When people I knew came back during time off, over the years, I began to see the kids who went to Michigan change. They began to take on the air that they were better than other people who didn't go to Michigan. Maybe it was just the ones I knew, but that was my experience. The MSU students weren't like that, they came back the same way they left. So did kids from other colleges. But the Michigan kids became snobby. I know you didn't want to hear it, but that was my experience. When I moved to Ohio, I instantly became an Ohio State fan. Go Bucks and well I still like......... Notre Dame.

I was born and raised in Michigan. I grew up a Notre Dame fan so I really didn't like UM to begin with. When people say they are snobs, thats how they really feel. I grew up in a town where just about everyone went to college, including myself and all my friends. When people I knew came back during time off, over the years, I began to see the kids who went to Michigan change. They began to take on the air that they were better than other people who didn't go to Michigan. Maybe it was just the ones I knew, but that was my experience. The MSU students weren't like that, they came back the same way they left. So did kids from other colleges. But the Michigan kids became snobby. I know you didn't want to hear it, but that was my experience. When I moved to Ohio, I instantly became an Ohio State fan. Go Bucks and well I still like......... Notre Dame.

That may be true about actual Michigan students/alums, but I think it's different for UM fans who didn't go to Michigan as students. Most UM fans I know did not go to the school, and so they are not snobby or arrogant, just good football fans in general. It's probably the ones who went to the school that sometimes annoy people. Besides, why would anybody NOT be a Michigan fan? Big Ten championship is coming.

That may be true about actual Michigan students/alums, but I think it's different for UM fans who didn't go to Michigan as students. Most UM fans I know did not go to the school, and so they are not snobby or arrogant, just good football fans in general. It's probably the ones who went to the school that sometimes annoy people. Besides, why would anybody NOT be a Michigan fan? Big Ten championship is coming.

Yea, I would agree with the first part of your statement. I know plenty of UM fans in Ohio who were not students at UM and they are just your average everyday person. As far as the the last point, a Big Ten Championship may be coming, but not this year........or next. OSU will win this year and next year we are losing 2 starters total.

look, dude... i'm not tryna hate or anything, i'm not, but are you really gonna bag on kids who've changed while at college?!?

yeah, wait... what??!

Right, Michigan may win the Big 10 as long as every team takes the Penn State approach. If you duel with UM in a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game, they will beat you. However if you spread them out and can start some genuine athletes like Appalaichan State did, the Wolverines are toast! But then the Big 10 ten has been overrated in this regard for years.

Right, Michigan may win the Big 10 as long as every team takes the Penn State approach. If you duel with UM in a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game, they will beat you. However if you spread them out and can start some genuine athletes like Appalaichan State did, the Wolverines are toast! But then the Big 10 ten has been overrated in this regard for years.

Dude, the only spread offense Michigan will face going forward is Illinois and their QB Juice Williams. I think Michigan will beat Illinois. Other than that, most Big Ten teams will use what you call the "Penn State" approach. Michigan is a very good team when they are going up against conventional offenses instead of option quarterbacks. But you are correct about the Big Ten being overrated. They are really down right now, so I doubt they'll be overrated after this season.

Lloyd Carr will be gone at the end of the year to open up the position to Les Myles. Rumor is that he has his bags packed in case Carr is fired or resigns and the only school Myles can opt out of his LSU contract to become head coach at is Michigan. He claimed not too long ago that Michigan is his dream job as it is his alma mater.

GO BLUE!!!

P.S. TO all MSU fans, which game are you guys gonna lose this year that sends your season to the toilet? It happens every year. You start out great and then one game always reminds you that you are Michigan State, just like the ND game last year. Good luck, because it just might be this weekend.

Either Purdue or Michigan will win the big ten.

Michigan is good against typical "power" formations like I form or singleback, but they struggle mightly against the spread offense. Not a lot of teams play the spread well in the Big Ten-- except Purdue.

Purdue's offense is one of the best in the country. Curtis Painter has 16 tds and 1 int. As long as their defense can play somewhat decently, I think they win the big ten.

I am a student at Purdue, and the nation will see what what we have in 2 weeks when we play host to Ohio State in a night game on ABC. Both teams will be undefeated and Purdue will slaughter them.

Dude, the only spread offense Michigan will face going forward is Illinois and their QB Juice Williams. I think Michigan will beat Illinois. Other than that, most Big Ten teams will use what you call the "Penn State" approach. Michigan is a very good team when they are going up against conventional offenses instead of option quarterbacks. But you are correct about the Big Ten being overrated. They are really down right now, so I doubt they'll be overrated after this season.

Purdue runs the spread as well as anyone in the nation. Look at the stats.

Lloyd Carr will be gone at the end of the year to open up the position to Les Myles. Rumor is that he has his bags packed in case Carr is fired or resigns and the only school Myles can opt out of his LSU contract to become head coach at is Michigan. He claimed not too long ago that Michigan is his dream job as it is his alma mater.

GO BLUE!!!

P.S. TO all MSU fans, which game are you guys gonna lose this year that sends your season to the toilet? It happens every year. You start out great and then one game always reminds you that you are Michigan State, just like the ND game last year. Good luck, because it just might be this weekend.

Why would Miles leave LSU, a potential NATIONAL CHAMPION, to go to Michigan? He has it made where he's at, and he knows his team will be in the hunt every year, unlike Michigan. Look, as a Michigan fan - if you want REAL change, then Les MIles is not the guy. Nothing will change in the program's philosophy if they go and bring in another "Michigan man". Michigan needs to start thinking outside the box - completely outside the box. Like... well, like Bill Cowher!

Purdue runs the spread as well as anyone in the nation. Look at the stats.

Purdue is not going to win at the Big House. Sorry, but that ain' t happening. Michigan has already suffered enough embarassment at home. You can be sure they'll at least protect home field the rest of this year. When was the last time Purdue won in Ann Arbor?

Purdue is not going to win at the Big House. Sorry, but that ain' t happening. Michigan has already suffered enough embarassment at home. You can be sure they'll at least protect home field the rest of this year. When was the last time Purdue won in Ann Arbor?

They won last in 1966.

They dont have to win in Ann Arbor to win the big ten. Your telling me Michigan is going to go undefeated in conference play?

They won last in 1966.

They dont have to win in Ann Arbor to win the big ten. Your telling me Michigan is going to go undefeated in conference play?

I'm just saying Purdue's spread offense that you've been hyping is not gonna beat Michigan this year. I think Michigan will win out at home, and I could only see them losing 1 game at most in the Big Ten. The games in question would be @ Wisconsin, and @ MSU. Neither of those teams have really been tested yet though.