Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Patriots will get the #1 pick next year!

OK I admit it's a stretch but it is within the realm of possibilities. If you are a San Francisco fan you have to be concerned losing your starting QB and not playing particularly well in any facet of the game.

ESPN just ranked them at 19th in the power rankings but said "With QB Alex Smith sidelined with a shoulder injury, veteran Trent Dilfer moves into the starting role. He'll be taking over an offense that ranks last in the NFL in total yards and passing yards. Coordinator Jim Hostler is feeling the heat."

Last in the NFL in total yards and passing yards!!!

Sure the Pats lost a 1st rounder but this San Fran pick is looking better and better all the time. If it's a top 8 pick they'll get a stud CB or LB but what if it's a top 2 or 3 who would the Patriots be looking at? They really don't have any major slots open?

Go away Buckner...it's friggin week 5. Take your KY and your Brady/Belichick poster elsewhere...

That was a great trade they made with SF..........

It worked out that they get Randy Moss (Dieon Branches money) and get a top 5 pick the next season (SF draft pick)

for

Dieon Branch :first:

LMFAO--- he said "Buckner"

This was als a good trade for SF because they filled an immediate need as well. It just sucks that Alex Smith got hurt.

That was a great trade they made with SF.......... It worked out that they get Randy Moss (Dieon Branches money) and get a top 5 pick the next season (SF draft pick) for Dieon Branch :music_guitarred:

It really was a great trade.

I can't believe they are going to get a top 5 pick next year. Sorry to San Fran fans who I got mad props for. Loved Montana and the Niners.

Who are the top 5 guys coming out? Exclude RB's and QB's? Really WR's if we keep Moss and Welker and TE's also, Watson and TThomas?

The Pats would most likely go after O or D Line, DB, or LB? Right?

I believe there is a great videographer with a concentration in "sports signal filming" coming out of UC Berkely's film school next year. I would say Patriots take him with that pick.

It really was a great trade.

Who are the top 5 guys coming out? Exclude RB's and QB's? Really WR's if we keep Moss and Welker and TE's also, Watson and TThomas?

Glenn Dorsey- Defensive Tackle from LSU. The man is a beast!!!!!!!!!! Best defensive tackle I have ever seen.

I don't really think Smith going out hurts SF a whole lot. He's looked terrible. Still think they'll have a very tough time making the playoffs though. They'll win 7-9 games. You get a pick somewhere between 10-20 would be my guess.

Someone mentioned Moss. What is his contract status for next year? I had thought he was on a 1 year deal this year. If it is 1 year, will he want to get paid after this year? It's obvious that he still has it and is far and away still the best WR in football.

Again, calm down Buckner...nobody has crowned their asses yet...

If they get 2 first round picks do they get to decide which one to give up or does the league decide that?

NE gives up their own pick.

Reel cast.. hook & lure hit water.. "plunk".. fish on their way.. :nono:

Naughty boy.. shouldn't you be focusing on game 1 with the Los Angelino Halos of Sciosciaheim?

How crazy would that be if NE won the Superbowl and ended up with the #1 pick?

Guest _my_2_cents_

Alex Smith is out 6 weeks at the outside. He will be back, and it's expected to be closer to 3 from what I've been hearing on the radio. You talk like he's done for the season when he is not.

Dilfer will be much better if the O-Line can resolve the regression they showed this week, and early in the season. I expect he can win 1 of the 2-3 games he's expected to start.

Alex Smith & the Niners are not winning anything this year - but they aren't going to have the #1 overall pick either. And if memory serves, they got Joe Staley with that pick, which is outstanding value for a team in need of O-Line depth.

So the basic message is settle down there, skippy. It's week 5. Hardly time to go sucking your own d!ck just yet.

As a Pats fan I'm just hoping it's a top 10 pick. Top 5 would be enough to really piss off the rest of the league. I'm willing to bet the Pats pick ahead of Dallas who has Cleveland's pick. :thumbsup:

As a Pats fan I'm just hoping it's a top 10 pick. Top 5 would be enough to really piss off the rest of the league. I'm willing to bet the Pats pick ahead of Dallas who has Cleveland's pick. :thumbsup:

I'm willing to bet the Patriots were involved in cheating.

I'm willing to bet the Patriots were involved in cheating.

I'm willing to bet you live in your mom's basement. :thumbsup:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I'm willing to bet you live in your mom's basement. :thumbsup:

:lol:

ok, now that was funny, I don't care who you are.

The Patriots lose their 1st round pick. They get he 49ers 1st round pick. The 49ers pick isn't protected so even if it is top pick overall we get to keep it.

I'm not hating on the Niners but they were a borderline playoff team that just lost their franchise QB. A QB who made giant strides last year. Furthermore they can't score and they don't frighten anyone on Defense. Their schedule is VERY VERY EASY, but they look very very bad.

If I had to pick 5 teams that will finish with the worst 5 records San Francisco would be one of them.

I think it's very exciting to speculate how good of a pick we are going to get while winning weak in and weak out. No dis to the Niners but the trade is looking real good for us right now.

Maybe it's time we draft a franchise QB to replace Brady!!! HAHAH! :ninja: :huh:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I'm not hating on the Niners but they were a borderline playoff team that just lost their franchise QB.

if you say it over and over again, will he be out longer? :ninja:

Shouldn't you say, "lost their franchise QB for a few weeks"?

I mean, unless you can show a link to something saying he's out for the year? :huh:

I don't really think Smith going out hurts SF a whole lot. He's looked terrible. Still think they'll have a very tough time making the playoffs though. They'll win 7-9 games. You get a pick somewhere between 10-20 would be my guess.

Someone mentioned Moss. What is his contract status for next year? I had thought he was on a 1 year deal this year. If it is 1 year, will he want to get paid after this year? It's obvious that he still has it and is far and away still the best WR in football.

LOL

have you watched Dilfer play ???

4-12

I'm not hating on the Niners but they were a borderline playoff team that just lost their franchise QB. A QB who made giant strides last year. Furthermore they can't score and they don't frighten anyone on Defense. Their schedule is VERY VERY EASY, but they look very very bad.

Not that you had any credibility to begin with, but whatever shred of it might have been there just disappeared when you referred to Alex Smith as a "Franchise QB". Yes, they are a franchise and yes, he is their QB, but combining those two to make him a Franchise QB goes way beyond stretching it. Smith made great strides last year due in large part to Norv Turner, who is one heck of an OC but a shiat-azz HC. Admittedly, the Pats look completely overwhelming right now, but calm down Francis. I'm pretty sure you guys used a fairly high pick on that Chad Jackson character and look what he has brung ya. You haven't won the title yet this year so just pipe down there Billy-boy. :lol:

Not that you had any credibility to begin with, but whatever shred of it might have been there just disappeared when you referred to Alex Smith as a "Franchise QB". Yes, they are a franchise and yes, he is their QB, but combining those two to make him a Franchise QB goes way beyond stretching it. Smith made great strides last year due in large part to Norv Turner, who is one heck of an OC but a shiat-azz HC. Admittedly, the Pats look completely overwhelming right now, but calm down Francis. I'm pretty sure you guys used a fairly high pick on that Chad Jackson character and look what he has brung ya. You haven't won the title yet this year so just pipe down there Billy-boy. :lol:

If I've lost credibility it wasn't for that statement. They guy got drafted #1 overall and you are debating whether he is their franchise QB? That's just asinine and doesn't deserve a response other then "that's just asinine".

Also FRANCIS, we drafted Chad Jackson in the 2nd round, #36 overall. Which is nowhere near the value of a top 5 pick. Furthermore he was supposed to go high but fell to us in the 2nd. Beyond that it hasn't worked out well for him but the Pats have been fine.

If I've lost credibility it wasn't for that statement. They guy got drafted #1 overall and you are debating whether he is their franchise QB? That's just asinine and doesn't deserve a response other then "that's just asinine".

being 1st overall doesn't mean you are good.....ask to Leaf

honestly i think it was another big mistake for SF, i'm not a fan of Smith........

i thought they lost their 1st rounder... granted they'll have 2... a great piece of irony if the 49ers finished last yet the pats had to forfeit the no 1 overall pick

how wicked ahhsome would that be... yeah... wicked retahhded

being 1st overall doesn't mean you are good.....ask to Leaf

honestly i think it was another big mistake for SF, i'm not a fan of Smith........

yeah... i mean i guess since leaf was the #2 pick that he'd know about being 1st overall... now peyton manning might be able to shed some light for that years no 1 overall

Seeing Maroney isn't working out quite like they hoped... with the 1st pick in the 2008 draft, the N.E. Patriots select....... :(

i thought they lost their 1st rounder... granted they'll have 2... a great piece of irony if the 49ers finished last yet the pats had to forfeit the no 1 overall pick

how wicked ahhsome would that be... yeah... wicked retahhded

It was already decided that they would forfeit their original pick, and retain their San Francisco pick. So if the 49ers do finish in last, then guess what, the Patriots get the No. 1 overall pick!

I don't expect the 49ers to finish last, though. Even with Dilfer, they should still be better than a last place team.

With how Alex Smith had played, having Dilfer in after getting all the reps with the first team in practice will probably improve their chances, not worsen them.

Seeing Maroney isn't working out quite like they hoped... with the 1st pick in the 2008 draft, the N.E. Patriots select....... :(

Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas! :overhead:

I think the Pats would end up just dealing the pick to get two first round choices. The current top prospects in the draft are Brian Brohm (Pats don't need a QB), Glenn Dorsey (Pats don't need a DT), McFadden (which would suffice but I think Maroney will come around), and Jake Long (Pats have Matt Light at LT so they're set).

Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas! :(

I think the Pats would end up just dealing the pick to get two first round choices. The current top prospects in the draft are Brian Brohm (Pats don't need a QB), Glenn Dorsey (Pats don't need a DT), McFadden (which would suffice but I think Maroney will come around), and Jake Long (Pats have Matt Light at LT so they're set).

yeah, but you know all you pats homers would sh1t themselves in glee if you got McFadden!

yeah... i mean i guess since leaf was the #2 pick that he'd know about being 1st overall... now peyton manning might be able to shed some light for that years no 1 overall

ok...ask to David Carr then

Is it that much of a stretch to say that the `9'ers get better with Dilfer?

I was thinking just that.

no, Dilfer is horrible

he shares with Carr the "worst performance by a QB" award of the week

the pats dont have enough rbs...they gotta go darren mcfadden

maroney between 1-50 yrd line

morris between 50-1 yrd line

evans goal-line

faulk 3rd down back

im sure billyboy will find a role for mcfadden

It was already decided that they would forfeit their original pick, and retain their San Francisco pick. So if the 49ers do finish in last, then guess what, the Patriots get the No. 1 overall pick!

I don't expect the 49ers to finish last, though. Even with Dilfer, they should still be better than a last place team.

well boo... bad karma for me in rooting for others' downfall

49ers pick will be low teens. Alex Smith wasnt very good and Dilfer wil be worse, but thet will still win 6-7 games.