Sign in to follow this  
avandradejr

Rudi Johnson

I've been thinking about offering this KC homer in my league LJ/player to be determined for Holt/Rudi. Curious if anyone Cincy homers have any insight? Thanks!

as a Rudi owner I've been scouring the net for some word..haven't heard anything new. He sat out practice all last week.

I ASSUME he'll be back in the lineup sunday.

(KFFL) Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals RB Rudi Johnson (hamstring) missed practice Monday, Oct. 8.

Addai on bye this week. Rudi still hurting.

I should have held onto Ronnie Brown :wave:

as a Rudi owner I've been scouring the net for some word..haven't heard anything new. He sat out practice all last week.

I ASSUME he'll be back in the lineup sunday.

If you "assume" he is playing why are you still scouring the net?

This bugs me because you are obviously a biased owner. The only news to date is that he hasnt practiced since getting injured. To say you assume he is playing really means you hope he is playing

This bugs me because you are obviously a biased owner. The only news to date is that he hasnt practiced since getting injured. To say you assume he is playing really means you hope he is playing

Of course he hopes he is playing he's an owner. Don't jump the guys throat for assuming he will play, he sat out a week and there has been no news either way so of course he's gonna hope for the best. The fact he is researching says he isn't an idiot so mcut him some slack.

Of course he hopes he is playing he's an owner. Don't jump the guys throat for assuming he will play, he sat out a week and there has been no news either way so of course he's gonna hope for the best. The fact he is researching says he isn't an idiot so mcut him some slack.

btw, when's Chris Perry off the PUP? (Oh, and C. Henry from suspension?)

btw, when's Chris Perry off the PUP? (Oh, and C. Henry from suspension?)

6 games and a player can come off the PUP

8 games for Henry, but he can start practicing after 6.

If he is just hoping than he should say that. But than again I would have to ask why does he think we would care that he is hoping. I hope Addai plays in two weeks and scores 4 TDs. Does that help you or the readers of this board in any way?

By saying he assumes, you would think he has some reason. Assumes sounds like it is a foregone conclusion. Yet he didn't have any reason to make that conclusion. And you pointed out that obviously he is an owner. Again, how does it benefit the board that an owner of a player is saying he hopes he plays?

I can piss better than you can!

No you can't! I'll win this pissing contest for sure!

:thumbsup:

what exactly does THAT bring to the board?

I don't think anyone took "assume he'll play" as Gospel, as he meant with a hamstring injury that apparently has no major damage or anything, and a few weeks off, that Rudi will probably play this week unless we hear that they're holding him out for further precautions. It's only Tuesday, we'll have all week to hear the final reports on guys that are banged up. No need for the hostility so early in the week, it's not crunch time yet. :shocking:

If he is just hoping than he should say that. But than again I would have to ask why does he think we would care that he is hoping.

A lot of people mistakenly use "then" for "than". I don't think I've ever seen anyone use "than" for "then", twice.

going to end up being a GTD watch :thumbsup:

A lot of people mistakenly use "then" for "than". I don't think I've ever seen anyone use "than" for "then", twice.

I never knew when to use "then" vs "than". If you can clarify this area I will agree this thread has been very helpful. Until that time here are my RB rankings for this week:

1. Travis Henry (praying he is allowed to play)

2. Rudi (hoping he can play)

3. Jackson (wishing he can play)

4. Addai (arguing that byes are stupid)

5. Caddy (thinking knees are over rated)

I assume these guys will all play just like I assume this brings just as much value as some of the wishing posts above.

I never knew when to use "then" vs "than". If you can clarify this area I will agree this thread has been very helpful. Until that time here are my RB rankings for this week:

Assuming you're serious, "then" is used for sequencing events and things like that. "Than" however, is used in comparisons.

We ate and then watched the game.

Rex Grossman is less accurate than Helen Keller.

Assuming you're serious, "then" is used for sequencing events and things like that. "Than" however, is used in comparisons.

I was serious (at least for this part of my post) and this is very helpful. Thank you.

I was serious (at least for this part of my post) and this is very helpful. Thank you.

;)

I assumed he will play because he hasn't practiced in a while, missed a game and just had a bye week.

If it makes you feel better I could change that to HOPING he will play..if it's going to get your thong all up in a bunch. :pointstosky:

I assumed he will play because he hasn't practiced in a while, missed a game and just had a bye week.

If it makes you feel better I could change that to HOPING he will play..if it's going to get your thong all up in a bunch. :pointstosky:

That works better. Full disclosure always makes a post more useful.

the thong was tight with that one

:thumbsup:

News: According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Bengals RB Rudi Johnson is unsure of his status for Week 6 at Kansas City. Johnson missed Week 4 against New England with an injured hamstring, and the Bengals were on a bye last week. Coach Marvin Lewis added little to reveal where some of his keys players are in terms of their injuries. "We'll see," Lewis said when asked if he anticipated having some starters back.

Analysis: Kenny Watson started against New England on Oct. 1 and rushed 13 times for 55 yards. Johnson would have a favorable matchup against the Chiefs if he's healthy, but continue to monitor his status before setting your lineup. He will likely be listed as questionable on Wednesday's injury report.

News: According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Bengals RB Rudi Johnson is unsure of his status for Week 6 at Kansas City. Johnson missed Week 4 against New England with an injured hamstring, and the Bengals were on a bye last week. Coach Marvin Lewis added little to reveal where some of his keys players are in terms of their injuries. "We'll see," Lewis said when asked if he anticipated having some starters back.

Analysis: Kenny Watson started against New England on Oct. 1 and rushed 13 times for 55 yards. Johnson would have a favorable matchup against the Chiefs if he's healthy, but continue to monitor his status before setting your lineup. He will likely be listed as questionable on Wednesday's injury report.

Thank you for a reply which is actually relevant to the post topic.

If Rudi can't go I'm in trouble.

10/10/07 02:33 PM

THE NEWS

Rudi Johnson was not in uniform at the beginning of Wednesday's practice, according to the Bengals' official web site. He missed the team's previous game, a week four loss to the Patriots, with a hamstring injury.

Our View

Johnson owners were hoping to get their star runner back this week, but at present his status is still up in the air. Those playing backup running back bingo should hold their cards, especially if they have Kenny Watson on their roster.

No Sh!t! I thought being a Math/Science guy from an Engineering School that I had bad grammar and English.

If, Then Statements…..

I hate when I hear someone say use an If, Than Statement…..It won’t work dumba$$.

English lessons belong on the "Lotta Help Board"