Sign in to follow this  
wienerpop

patriots v miami

im sure patriots are favored by at least two tds, so is this the week that patriots get held in check?

its divisional...whod indy go down to last year? houston and jax? bears took green bay earlier this year.

miamis got the backup qb just lost chambers patriots are working out kevan barlow.

miami 17 patriots 7?

under due theory miami is due for a win and patriots are due for a loss.

im a brady moss and ronnie brown owner.

Miami almost always plays the Pats tough, and "on any given Sunday, blah, blah...", but the way both teams have looked so far it seems very far fetched for it to happen.

Miami's offense has been quite poor, other than Ronnie Brown, and they've now dumped Chambers. With the Pats able to gameplane to shut down Brown I just don't see Cleo Lemon and some medicore WRs getting it done.

On the other side. Miami's defense is in serious decline. Teams like the Jets, Oakland and Cleveland have put up a boatload of points against them. How can they possibly stop NE. Maroney will run wild on them as he must be anxious to get back on the field.

It would be quite the upset and stranger things have happned so :unsure:

The Pats don't play well in Miami and they are favored by 16.5.

Given the relative situations, I would say that a Miami win would go into the shocker category.

The Pats don't play well in Miami and they are favored by 16.5.

Given the relative situations, I would say that a Miami win would go into the shocker category.

more shocking than the Patriots beating the Rams in the Superbowl

more shocking than the Patriots beating the Rams in the Superbowl

Well, unless the Dolphins learn how to use sideline cameras pretty quick, I would say "yes" :banana:

BTW - the Pats were not that much of an underdog and I called it as I watched the Rams enter the SuperDome. They looked like they were ripe for the picking.

NE is 6-0 ATS so far this year..........

My money is riding NE until they prove me wrong. I'm not thinking this is the week they do that....(in a few weeks perhaps???).

That whole "their due" for a let down is garbage...ride the streak to the bank baby!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I don't see the Pats losing many if any and certainly not to the phins. The only games left they can foreseeably lose are at Indy and maybe hosting Pitt.

I would certainly entertain betting against the Pats covering the spread this week though.

Well, unless the Dolphins learn how to use sideline cameras pretty quick, I would say "yes" :blink:

BTW - the Pats were not that much of an underdog and I called it as I watched the Rams enter the SuperDome. They looked like they were ripe for the picking.

The local bookie in my city lost 17 grand on the superbowl between the money line and the spread.

he had to move away, he ended up coming back to town with everyone's money like a year later. He moved to Foxwoods and won it playing poker.

I don't think you were the only one that thought they were going to win. ;)

You know me though, I didn't think they had a chance. :bandana:

NE is 6-0 ATS so far this year..........

My money is riding NE until they prove me wrong. I'm not thinking this is the week they do that....(in a few weeks perhaps???).

That whole "their due" for a let down is garbage...ride the streak to the bank baby!

:rolleyes: :overhead: :pointstosky:

When I saw this thread the point spread is what immediatley came to mind.

I think Miami can cover the points. An outright win, although schocking, is possible as I guess anything is.

But I dont see ANY way that Miami holds NE to 7 points. It would be nice as I play the Brady owner this week but I dont see any way Miami holds Ne under 24 points and thats being conservative. If Miami has a chance in this game Id think they have to score in the 30 point range and w/ thier offense that would have to include multiple defensive or special teams TDs. Just dont see it happening.

Since Im battling Brady and just got Maroney, Im looking for the Pats to get the running game going this week.

The Pats were 17 pt. underdogs in Super Bowl XXXVI. That means they were bigger underdogs than Miami is this coming weekend...

The Pats were 17 pt. underdogs in Super Bowl XXXVI. That means they were bigger underdogs than Miami is this coming weekend...

I believe the spread opened at 16 and fell to 14 by game time :dunno:

When I saw this thread the point spread is what immediatley came to mind.

I think Miami can cover the points. An outright win, although schocking, is possible as I guess anything is.

But I dont see ANY way that Miami holds NE to 7 points. It would be nice as I play the Brady owner this week but I dont see any way Miami holds Ne under 24 points and thats being conservative. If Miami has a chance in this game Id think they have to score in the 30 point range and w/ thier offense that would have to include multiple defensive or special teams TDs. Just dont see it happening.

Since Im battling Brady and just got Maroney, Im looking for the Pats to get the running game going this week.

Maybe if Brady got hurt early, the Patriots would score low, but even then, I think they would find a way to score at least a couple of times.

Miami plays NE tough but to limit Brady to 7 pts?

Miami has shipped Chris Chambers, their best WR to SD, they're thinking about next season.

even Miami has given up on Miami.

Belichick hung your post in the locker room and the whole team now thinks that they are the underdogs in Miami and feels disrespected.

Miami plays NE tough but to limit Brady to 7 pts?

Miami has shipped Chris Chambers, their best WR to SD, they're thinking about next season.

even Miami has given up on Miami.

yeah, they traded away chambers but maybe he just wasnt worth in salary what he was producing. ii dont thinkhe was. f they can get the same production out of martin and gin and way less salary send chambers packing. it may seem that miami has given up on themselves but these guys have to be professionals. with trent green and chambers gone all of the sudden their offensive core looks exceptionally young and teams can get excited thinking their the new kids looking to make a name for themselves. haha miami 17 patriots 10.

Well, unless the Dolphins learn how to use sideline cameras pretty quick, I would say "yes" :cry:

Maybe the Dolphins can buy another recording of Brady's audibles :D

for the past 5 yrs N.E has won more games but most of them were close......(and the dolphins sucked then too)

2002 miami 26-13

ne 27-24 ot

2003 ne 19-13 ot

ne 12-0

2004 ne 24-10 brady76 yrds/ 2td /1 int

miami 29-28 170/3/4

2005 ne 23-16 275/2/2

miami 28-26 37/1/0

2006 ne 20-10 140/2/0

miami 21-0 78/0/0

i think brady played all these games. he usually has problems with miami.

this game is gonna be closer than everyone thinks. Miami is going to rally after having just lost Chambers. This team probably has a better shot this week WITHOUT Chambers than it would have with him. Its that strange team psychology that enters when you lose a teammate to injury, trade, etc. Plus, NE is 2-5 @ Miami during the Belichick era. And Brady usually sucks there. Must be the heat. Id like to think this year will be different, but I know Miami will be ready. This is absolutely their Superbowl. NE may not lose, but theyll get their most competitive game of the year this week. Bet the Dolphins and take the points.

this game is gonna be closer than everyone thinks. Miami is going to rally after having just lost Chambers. This team probably has a better shot this week WITHOUT Chambers than it would have with him. Its that strange team psychology that enters when you lose a teammate to injury, trade, etc. Plus, NE is 2-5 @ Miami during the Belichick era. And Brady usually sucks there. Must be the heat. Id like to think this year will be different, but I know Miami will be ready. This is absolutely their Superbowl. NE may not lose, but theyll get their most competitive game of the year this week. Bet the Dolphins and take the points.

your member number is only 14 off from mine. word.

This is absolutely their Superbowl. NE may not lose, but theyll get their most competitive game of the year this week. Bet the Dolphins and take the points.

so, youre saying if they win this week that theyll go 16-0? quite a statement.

Guest _my_2_cents_
your member number is only 14 off from mine. word.

...and so we observe through the forest, two elusive silverbacks who've come into contact with each other...slowly they circle, each testing the other's resolve. Let's quietly watch now to observe the mating ritual.

:music_guitarred:

i put five bucks on miami to cover whatever the spread is.

but i have brady in fantasy. so im just hedging my bets. go everyone!

:ninja: