Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Can the Redskins hold NE below 30 points?

I don't think the Pat LB's are all that great. They're old and probably can easily be worn down with a good, physical, ball control running game. If a team can stop Brady from scoring too many times so they don't fall too far behind and abandon the running game, then they'd have a shot.

Skins actually are looking like they could do it based on their traditionally strong, physical running game, but I think the o-line has been hammered with injuries lately. Plus, the passing game has been a joke so the Pats can stack the box a little more freely against them.

However, the Skins D is good enough to keep the Pats under 30, I think, unless they wear down.

other than the last game, where the gibbs played not to lose the passing game hasn't been all that bad. :music_guitarred:

other than the last game, where the gibbs played not to lose the passing game hasn't been all that bad. :lol:

Yeah, S. Moss has been awesome!!! Great hands and heart.....

I like the fact that he never gives up, too!!! :music_guitarred:

Yeah, S. Moss has been awesome!!! Great hands and heart.....

I like the fact that he never gives up, too!!! :music_guitarred:

he was injured. :wub:

also, based on that game. campbell >>>> favruh :lol:

the spread is 17.

Ouch.

the spread is 17.

Ouch.

gibbs was on the radio today and said that's the biggest underdog he's ever been.

he was injured. :argue:

sore fallopian tubes

also, based on that game. campbell >>>> favruh :lol:

Cooley >>>>> Bubba

I agree with that... :rolleyes:

If the refs don't take 2 obvious touchdowns away from Brett, he easily wins that battle.

But I'd say that Favre's worst game of the season is comparable to one of Campbell's best.

Campbell did manage to complete four passes to wide receivers throughout the game...

That's one a quarter :doh:

I can see why you're excited. :dunno:

Don and surfer.

You guys are cool with me and I like you and all, but your MDC/TORO sissy slap fighting about the Redskins/Packers is getting stale.

Don and surfer.

You guys are cool with me and I like you and all, but your MDC/TORO sissy slap fighting about the Redskins/Packers is getting stale.

:dunno: he started it.

Don and surfer.

I was just trying to compliment S. Moss; surfer brought the Packers into this... :dunno:

My apologies.... sometimes it takes someone who's never had a disagreement with anybody on these boards to put your little squabbles into perspective....

Likewise I apologize to suferskin....

Carry on!

Diehard Skins homer here (as seen by my sig.)

My thought here are actually what has already been brought forth. The corners and safeties for the Skins are formidable. Carlos Rogers has to catch balls that hit his hands and bounce off his chest, other than that they have great talent / depth in the secondary. If Carter, Daniels and Griffin can pressure Brady then they may have a chance. But that will most likely entail moving Landry into the box and leaving Taylor to cover the middle. Taylor can cover some ground, but how long can he do it if the defense is on the filed 30 to 40 + minutes?

Offensively the Skins need to get Rabach back this week. Doesn't sound good right now. The right side of the line was decimated when Jansen went down and filled in with Stephon Heyer. Most likely what will happen is Gibbs will keep Cooley in to block which takes away a big receving threat over the middle. They will need to continue to use Sellers as they have over the last few weeks. Campbell can be efficient if he has time. He has proven he can protect the ball and do what is necessary to keep Washington's drives alive.

Honestly this game could go a bunch of different ways. Of course with my homer glasses on I hope they can slow down the Pats, because I don't think they can keep pace.

Take it for what its worth.

Diehard Skins homer here (as seen by my sig.)

My thought here are actually what has already been brought forth. The corners and safeties for the Skins are formidable. Carlos Rogers has to catch balls that hit his hands and bounce off his chest, other than that they have great talent / depth in the secondary. If Carter, Daniels and Griffin can pressure Brady then they may have a chance. But that will most likely entail moving Landry into the box and leaving Taylor to cover the middle. Taylor can cover some ground, but how long can he do it if the defense is on the filed 30 to 40 + minutes?

Offensively the Skins need to get Rabach back this week. Doesn't sound good right now. The right side of the line was decimated when Jansen went down and filled in with Stephon Heyer. Most likely what will happen is Gibbs will keep Cooley in to block which takes away a big receving threat over the middle. They will need to continue to use Sellers as they have over the last few weeks. Campbell can be efficient if he has time. He has proven he can protect the ball and do what is necessary to keep Washington's drives alive.

Honestly this game could go a bunch of different ways. Of course with my homer glasses on I hope they can slow down the Pats, because I don't think they can keep pace.

Take it for what its worth.

Not only is the Rabach situation looking bad, but the Skinnies also have to deal with possibly no Marcus Washington again, and Smoot/Rogers nursing injuries (they claim they'll play).

Brian Mitchell said it well yesterday: this is a game where you want to go in with your DB's all healthy and clicking, not two of five ailing. I think they'll play hard, and possibly stay in it for the first half, but no Rabach will mean another weak offensive output, and this game will get out-of-hand eventually.

We all know NE story but only one team has gone over 20 points on the Skins this sseason and that was the Giants week 3. After that they have held three pretty good offenses below 20 points Det - 3, GB - 17, and Ari - 19. They may not be getting the wins but the defense is playing good ball. If the Skins offense was a little better I would say good chance for a up set this week.

I'm not asking if the Skins can win but can the keep NE below 30 points for the 1st time this season?

They can and they will.

Several things favoring this:

As mentioned earlier its a trap game before they play the World Champion Colts on the road

Game is on the road at Washington.

Washington is one of the top Ds both for the pass and run.

If needed has NE run the ball effectively this year?

They can and they will.

As mentioned earlier its a trap game before they play the World Champion Colts on the road

The answer to the post is NO...and the game is in New England, not Washington and, as well, BB doesn't get "trapped".

First of all, take the Skins with the points ALL DAY.

Football outsiders has the skins defense ranked #1 overall. I don't know if I neccesarily AGREE with that, but they are a really good unit. I think what determines NEs point total is actually the offense. I can easily see NE capitolizing on a Washington turnover in their own red zone.

38-17 NE.

Brady throws for 3 TDs, someone gets a rushing TD and a D/ST score. Goskowski gets to kick a FG. Hooray!

I am just hoping the Pats run up the score, pass up 24 in the 4th, the usual classless BS they pull. This will then infuriate the violent criminal Sean Taylor & he either takes a shot at Brady's knees or knock's him unconscious with a helmet to helmet hit.

:banana:

I think secretly this is what everyone but Pats fans is wishing for. :ninja:

The problem with this is, if it were to happen, the rest of us would nevah, evah, evah hear the end of it. "Brady woulda thrown for 150 tds back in 07 if it hadn't been for that @ssbag Taylor," or some such cr@p. :pointstosky:

I personally hope that he doesn't break Manning's record because I am a Manning and Indy fan, but I want him to play the whole season just so I don't have to listen to all the focktard Pats fans make excuses for the rest of eternity if he doesn't break the record because his season is cut short. :bandana:

The Redskins offense is what will cause them to lose this game by not being able to keep the patriots off the field.

Oh and the Patriots are better.

EVERYONE LIKE MY SIG? :cry:

I added it to my sig on Monday. What a retard bmoney is

They can and they will.

Pure Comedy :cry:

HEY MIKE! CAN WE GET THIS THREAD PINNED PLEASE?

TIA

HEY MIKE! CAN WE GET THIS THREAD PINNED PLEASE?

TIA

Lot's of good info here, I agree :thumbsup:

Info=Comedy

Wow. As a Redskins fan, this was just a totally humiliating loss. I was completely wrong about the skins defense. The players didn't lose this game though. I can't believe the Washington coaches didn't adjust to the "pass to RB", "pass to RB", "pass to RB" strategy. Bilichick ripped the Redskin coaches a new one.