Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Mel Blount calls the Ravens pathetic

He wasn't even asked about the Ravens. They asked him what he thought of how well the Steelers offense was doing and he blew up and started bashing the Ravens like McGahee impregnated his sister. Classic. :mad:

He wasn't even asked about the Ravens. They asked him what he thought of how well the Steelers offense was doing and he blew up and started bashing the Ravens like McGahee impregnated his sister. Classic. :mad:

:mad:

He just told it like it is... I was laughing that he actually said it on National TV!!

Bahahahaha

No, she specifically asked him about the Ravens offense and even prefaced the question with "I know the Steelers defense is good, but"....

No, she specifically asked him about the Ravens offense and even prefaced the question with "I know the Steelers defense is good, but"....

I don't think so. I thought she said the thing about the Steelers D first more as a way of saying "I know the D in Pitt is usually the main focus, and they are good tonight...but how bout that offense?"

Why would she ask him what he thought of the Baltimore offense?

I don't think so. I thought she said the thing about the Steelers D first more as a way of saying "I know the D in Pitt is usually the main focus, and they are good tonight...but how bout that offense?"

Why would she ask him what he thought of the Baltimore offense?

'

She did ask about Baltimore's offense.. As the earlier post pointed out she asked (paraphrasing)" I know the Pittsburgh's defense is good but what can you say about Baltimore's offense?" Maybe she messed up and meant to ask about Pittsburgh's offense but she asked about Baltimores..

God bless Mel Blount for telling it like it is..

'

She did ask about Baltimore's offense.. As the earlier post pointed out she asked (paraphrasing)" I know the Pittsburgh's defense is good but what can you say about Baltimore's offense?" Maybe she messed up and meant to ask about Pittsburgh's offense but she asked about Baltimores..

God bless Mel Blount for telling it like it is..

My bad. Regardless, it was way funny. I'd rather hear Mel bash pathetic teams and players than have to hear about the Patriots for one more week. Get him a job at ESPN.

Mel Blount is awesome but I think Ty Law was substantially better. All around. Look at the stats. They are comparable.

Either way what did Mel Blount say exactly? Link

Mel Blount is awesome but I think Ty Law was substantially better. All around. Look at the stats. They are comparable.

Um, I'm sorry. No. Not even close. Mel Blount used to play further and further away from the receiver just to make it a challenge. And everything was man-to-man. Their stats don't compare because the defenses were different.

I'm almost positive the interviewer was speaking of Pitt's offense looking great (when it's usually the defense that gets all the attention), and Blount misconstrued the comment as a ridicule of Balt's lousy offense and elaborated. Given the comical nature of his surprisingly blunt assessment, I'm sure Kolber(?) held back in correcting him to preserve the moment.

EDIT: A full minute after posting this, I stand corrected.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Mel..._Pathetic/34688

I could still imagine the scenario I wrote happening, but it didn't.

You Pats fans are a dumb group aren't you. Ty Law??? Please.

Get back to us when Ty Law has these on his resume:

Pro Bowl (x5) (1975, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1981)

1975 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award

NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

1976 Pro Bowl MVP

This rates right up there with one of the dumbest things ever posted.

When they make a rule change because of Ty Law, then we'll talk about Blount & Law in the same breath. You could maybe, and I mean maybe make a case for D Sanders. Forget it, he couldn't tackle. Blount could do it all.

You can't have a greatest cornerback ever discussion without mentioning Toi Cook.

You mean Alex Molden.

JeRod Cherry?

Might even be from the same draft.

Rob Kelly :mad:

He was a Ditka player too.

Was that the third cornerback they took in that draft? I'm pretty usre they took three and all of them sucked.

Was that the third cornerback they took in that draft? I'm pretty usre they took three and all of them sucked.

He was a safety. 2nd round pick I think .. From Ohio St.

He was horrible. He might have been the year after Cherry.

Are you focking kidding me? Ty Law couldn't even wash Blount's jock, let along carry it. Blount is the best all-around defensive back of all-time. Ronnie Lott runs a very close second.

Ty Law. That has to be a fishing expedition.

BTW, the Steelers of the 70's would CRUSH any New England Patriots SB team of this decade. :thumbsup:

Just a pre-emptive.

Are you focking kidding me? Ty Law couldn't even wash Blount's jock, let along carry it. Blount is the best all-around defensive back of all-time. Ronnie Lott runs a very close second.

BTW, the Steelers of the 70's would CRUSH any New England Patriots SB team of this decade. :doublethumbsup:

Just a pre-emptive.

Exactly right.

Hammer meet nail!

BTW, the Steelers of the 70's would CRUSH any New England Patriots SB team of this decade. :dunno:

Just a pre-emptive.

Amen brutha...

FWIW, Mel in his 50's could have done a better job out there last night cover the Steelers WR's than the Ravens did. While we're on the subject, I don't think I've seen so many vicious hits as I did last night, mostly coming from the Steelers, and many directed at Ed Reed. :ninja: First, as if the fumble which went 15 feet in the air wasn't enough, it was Harrison piledriving Ed Reed's back into the turf after the ball was gone, classic. Then, that Hines Ward sneak attack block where he started calling to the sideline BEFORE the play was over. God I needed some Iron City beer last night, but it's a bit hard to find in Texas.

Amen brutha...

FWIW, Mel in his 50's could have done a better job out there last night cover the Steelers WR's than the Ravens did. While we're on the subject, I don't think I've seen so many vicious hits as I did last night, mostly coming from the Steelers, and many directed at Ed Reed. :ninja: First, as if the fumble which went 15 feet in the air wasn't enough, it was Harrison piledriving Ed Reed's back into the turf after the ball was gone, classic. Then, that Hines Ward sneak attack block where he started calling to the sideline BEFORE the play was over. God I needed some Iron City beer last night, but it's a bit hard to find in Texas.

Gotta wonder if the league won't be looking at the Ward hit.

Gotta wonder if the league won't be looking at the Ward hit.

Yeah that was helmet to helmet if I ever saw it.

You Pats fans are a dumb group aren't you. Ty Law??? Please.

Get back to us when Ty Law has these on his resume:

Pro Bowl (x5) (1975, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1981)

1975 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award

NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

1976 Pro Bowl MVP

He has 5 Pro Bowls

He wasn't alive in 75

Congrats on the 75ht Anniversary All Time Team

He didn't play during the 80's. Doubt Mel Blount is on the all 90's team

PRO BOWL MVP IS USELESS

I correct myself with Ty Law "being substantially better" I actually tried to edit that out. That was hyperbole. Ty Law was an awesome player. Not saying he's better then Blount.

NO WAY WOULD THOSE TEAMS BEAT THIS PATRIOTS TEAM OR THE CHAMPS FROM 05! That team set the all time win streak record and was filthy.

The Steelers will get theirs in about 2 weeks and I'll be all over this site letting you know it when it happens! Just for fun, nothing personal, cause I truly truly love the Steel. They are my 2nd favorite NFL team.

When they make a rule change because of Ty Law, then we'll talk about Blount & Law in the same breath. You could maybe, and I mean maybe make a case for D Sanders. Forget it, he couldn't tackle. Blount could do it all.

They did make a rule change for Ty Law? You aren't making any sense.

They did make a rule change for Ty Law? You aren't making any sense.

No they didn't. They enforced the rule that was already there.

Well you are correct what they did was issue an edict that the NFL would enforce the 1978 rule (was that Mel Blount's rule?) which means they had to make Ty Law stop playing like Mel Blount?

Ty Law Rule

Anyhow, Mel Blount is great, I've been reading about him all day and the SuperBowls speak for themselves, but Ty Law will also be a Hall of Famer and anyone who says otherwise is pretty much a Patriot hating fool..

I still can't imagine anyone being better then Deion. He was in a class of his own, tackling or no tackling, he goes from San Fran to Dallas and Dallas was all of the sudden the better team. That guy was a dominant dominant player.

Well you are correct what they did was issue an edict that the NFL would enforce the 1978 rule (was that Mel Blount's rule?) which means they had to make Ty Law stop playing like Mel Blount?

Ty Law Rule

Anyhow, Mel Blount is great, I've been reading about him all day and the SuperBowls speak for themselves, but Ty Law will also be a Hall of Famer and anyone who says otherwise is pretty much a Patriot hating fool..

I still can't imagine anyone being better then Deion. He was in a class of his own, tackling or no tackling, he goes from San Fran to Dallas and Dallas was all of the sudden the better team. That guy was a dominant dominant player.

Deion was the best cover corner, ever. Champ Bailey isn't close. However, that said, and with minimal Steeler homerism, I'd take Rod Woodson over Deion any day. Rod could and did all the things that Deion did, especially early in his career. And unlike Deion, he hit like a truck and was a sure tackler. Before anybody starts spouting off you should go and look at the #'s for their career and keep in mind that Woodson was not only a multiple ProBowler at DB but also at safety. Two of the greatest ever secondary guys played for the Burgh...both of which I'd take every Sunday over Ty Law.