Sign in to follow this  
jrbdmb

Worst Crummy Trade Offer

I need a DST for Week 10, with not much out on the WW. I was willing to part with a spare QB (Kurt Warner, sack-o-shat that he is) and put out offers to teams with an extra DST.

I get an offer back of Bears DST - Santonio Holmes. It's fair, so he says, because they both have about the same number of points. :lol: Never mind that a WR that averages 12 points a week is far more valuable than a DST that averages 12 points a week.

So that made me want to ask what are the worst trade offers you have received for a decent player. Include serious offers only, not those that obviously were a joke.

I need a DST for Week 10, with not much out on the WW. I was willing to part with a spare QB (Kurt Warner, sack-o-shat that he is) and put out offers to teams with an extra DST.

I get an offer back of Bears DST - Santonio Holmes. It's fair, so he says, because they both have about the same number of points. :lol: Never mind that a WR that averages 12 points a week is far more valuable than a DST that averages 12 points a week.

So that made me want to ask what are the worst trade offers you have received for a decent player. Include serious offers only, not those that obviously were a joke.

A couple of years ago, Chad Johnson for LT2 AND another starting RB. He insisted his offer was a good one because I had RB depth and that Johnson was going to be the top receiver in the league. Somehow, I managed to decline the offer.

Other guy's players for mine

McNabb for Bush (this league has 12 teams, with 2 Rb, 2 WR, and 2 RB/WR....yeah right im trading a starting RB for a scrub qb)

and then there was the guy that offered me tory holt straight up for chad johnson....less than a week after our draft where i picked before him and got chad in teh second round and he picked holt like 8 picks later......if i had wanted him, i woudl have just taken him in the draft idiot.

Maybe the perception among people that know you is that you're not very bright. :banana:

Every league has a guy who will offer you and several others weekly 3 of his backups/pickups for one of your better players.

This is just curiosity, but if they indeed have equal number of points why IS Santonio not of equal value to the DST ? A point is a point right ? It's not like Santonio is earning 3 pts. for every point the Defense earns. This is not currency we're talking here. An excellent, consistent DST (like the Ravens at their peak) almost acts like a 4th RB in your lineup, points-wise.

This is just curiosity, but if they indeed have equal number of points why IS Santonio not of equal value to the DST ? A point is a point right ? It's not like Santonio is earning 3 pts. for every point the Defense earns. This is not currency we're talking here. An excellent, consistent DST (like the Ravens at their peak) almost acts like a 4th RB in your lineup, points-wise.

:banana:

You don't win many leagues... do you?

The next best WR available on the WW may be a 7-8 point differential under Santonio Holmes. While a good D will get you 12 points on average, you should be able to play match ups on defenses each week and average 9-10 points per week.

All else equal... always go for the skill position over defenses.

I've won once, made the playoffs several times. But, hey, you know someone was bound to ask that question. Like the concept that next year isn't Brady a consideration for # 1 overall pick because he's going to end up with the most points of any player this year ? :wub:

M.harrison

Randel el

Fargas

115 points for the 3 combined.

for

Braylon

Housh

Thomas jones.

312 points combined.

I just had to laugh. Either Housh or braylon ALONE has scored more points than all 3 players he offered combined.

Just a question: why not send a counter-offer? Demand the world and make it worth your while or show what it would take to actually get the player sought. No reason a deal can't get done *if* both teams have holes and both can profit. People start low and then move toward the middle.

Or just say you're not trading that player, ever.

as if anyone cares

was just offered Welker and Morency

for

Westbrook and L. Evans

ummmm....no

just countered with JJ and Norwood (he is hunting for RB's) for Welker

(once again, as if anyone cares)

2 weeks ago was offered Welker for S. Smith -- I laughed the guy off the internets.

Now -------------- :wall:

lesson: a bad trade at first can become a very very good one

2 weeks ago was offered Welker for S. Smith -- I laughed the guy off the internets.

Now -------------- :wall:

lesson: a bad trade at first can become a very very good one

I have both, and currently Welker = :wall: while Smith = :bench:

:onlynotsomuchthisweek:

Bears for Holmes isn't THAT bad.... hardly worth a public shaming.

You don't win many leagues... do you?

The next best WR available on the WW may be a 7-8 point differential under Santonio Holmes. While a good D will get you 12 points on average, you should be able to play match ups on defenses each week and average 9-10 points per week.

All else equal... always go for the skill position over defenses.

Sometimes even better. I've been playing the WW for defenses this year and I have 112 points by my defenses this year. The league leading defense has 105 points. I've also had four defensive TDs this year (MIN v. atl, DET v. chi, TEN v. atl, and DAL v. min). It's definitely a lot easier early in the season (three of those defensive TDs were in the first six weeks), but still. WW defense is the way to go unless you have a lot of people hoarding Ds or have no bench limit.

Sometimes even better. I've been playing the WW for defenses this year and I have 112 points by my defenses this year. The league leading defense has 105 points. I've also had four defensive TDs this year (MIN v. atl, DET v. chi, TEN v. atl, and DAL v. min). It's definitely a lot easier early in the season (three of those defensive TDs were in the first six weeks), but still. WW defense is the way to go unless you have a lot of people hoarding Ds or have no bench limit.

Your screen name makes you sound like a degenerate emo loser.

FYI

I got offered a kicker for Brandon Marshall. 1st time anybody has had the nerve to offer me a kicker.

In another league, a guy picked up Eichemondu (OAK RB) off the WW and offered him to me for Lee Evans

Bears for Holmes isn't THAT bad.... hardly worth a public shaming.

Agreed, I didn't say or mean that Bears - Santonio was a terrible trade offer. Now the SJax - LaMont Jordan offer I go today ...

It just made me wonder what really rotten trades offers have been made out there.

I find that not replying serves the purpose well.

Not only does it say "no", it also gives the offering owner that feeling of the "Man, I think he really likes this deal" mode.

:bandana:

Or, just tell the other owner that you're thinking about it and you'll get back to him. But then don't. <_<

Benson & S Moss for Houshmandzadeh. Top that.

mine was worse.

Whenever I get a lowball offer for one of my stud players, I just counter with a lowball going the other way. Doing that usually keeps others from trying to do the same thing to me the balance of the season.

The one that made me laugh the most (two seasons ago): Oakland's defense for Peyton Manning (when QB's in our league were still getting six points for a TD pass). I countered with Anthony Thomas for LT2; the guy spent the rest of the season offering his benchwarmers for studs on other teams, so that strategy worked for me.