Sign in to follow this  
FenixTx972

Packers are only 8-1 because they haven't played anyone yet.

Are you a Cowboys fan and angry from the other thread on this board? The Cowboys are only 8-1 because they haven't played anyone?

The Packers stopped Kansas by hurting LJ. Now they stopped the Vikings by hurting AP. RB's beware!

Are you a Cowboys fan and angry from the other thread on this board? The Cowboys are only 8-1 because they haven't played anyone?

The Packers stopped Kansas by hurting LJ. Now they stopped the Vikings by hurting AP. RB's beware!

:pointstosky: i doubt Marion the Barbarbarian will sceered of the packers.

Just like Dallas, GB can only play who is on their schedule. This is 1995 all over again.

GB/Dallas in Championship

Pitt/Indy in Championship

Pittsburgh vs. Dallas in Superbowl. :pointstosky:

Cowboy opponents' wins total of teams they have won against = 29 *that includes 12 wins from playing the Giants twice, who have 6 wins

Packer opponents' win total of teams they have won against = 34 *that includes 6 wins from playing the Vikings twice, who have 3 wins

IMHO, the quality of wins are easily better for the Packers. The Vikings are 3-6, but the rest of their teams they faced are 4-5 or better. And while not great teams... I wouldn't call any of them bad. However the Cowboys got wins against the Rams and Dolphins. The Boys get non conference games against the AFC East, which aside from the Pats isn't that strong IMO. Meanwhile the Packers got non conference games against the AFC West. A tougher division IMO. I think their respective divisions are comparable. And they play each other in inter-conference non-divisional games.

Edge Packers

Just like Dallas, GB can only play who is on their schedule. This is 1995 all over again.

GB/Dallas in Championship

Pitt/Indy in Championship

Pittsburgh vs. Dallas in Superbowl. :banana:

I would bet money this does not happen!

The entire league other than the Top 5 is junk.

So it is impossible to "play someone" every week. Win your games and the Pack are 8-1 because they have won 8 games. HTH.

Now they stopped the Vikings by hurting AP. RB's beware!

Ya because AD was OBVIOUSLY going to mount the Vikings to a GIANT 4th quarter comeback right? The only reason the Packers held onto their giant lead was because AD was taken out.... wow.

The Packers havn't beaten anybody? Well, without counting the shalacking of the Vikings who just beat the Chargers, we've beat:

Chiefs (at arrowhead stadium)

Chargers

Giants (who many people were touting to be the greatest team in the nfc until they lost to the cowboys this week)

Eagles

Broncos

Redskins

All of whom, besides the Vikings, are in playoff contention. The Vikings are not in playoff contention because they lost to the Packers twice already. No where on that schedule do I see the terrible teams in the NFL such as Miami, Oakland, Rams, 49ers, Cards, etc...

But I give the OP props for creating a ridiculous thread title without providing any backup, stats, thoughts whatsoever. It was very intelligent of you to just say "discuss".

The Dolphins are 0-9 because they keep playing someone. When are they going to catch a break and not play anyone ? :thumbsup:

Raiders, Jets, Texans, Bills, Browns (Browns are not bad, but certainly beatable)

You're right, they havn't played any crappy teams.

The only way the Dolphins will have an easier game is if the Dolphins played themselves.

Is your name really Henry?

Were you born in China and used to Ski all the time in China?

discuss.

Same as the Cowboys they also havent played anyone except the Pats ( and they got beaten easily ) .

I'm beginning to think people on this forum don't know anything about actual football. The Coyboys beat the Giants twice now, as well as the Eagles. Plus, lets not forget the Coyboys have won 7 out of their 8 wins by more than one score. Sure, its not the toughest schedule in the NFL, but they have certainly played some tough teams and they have walloped just about every team they have played.

I am a Packer fan who has been pleasantly surprised 8 of 9 times this season. They've already beaten of teams I didn't think they would. I am still worried that it might all come crashing in; however, this team has a strong will to win.

They appear to be very well coached. Favre has clearly bought into the gameplan and is playing his butt off. At this point, they are last year's Chicago Bears with a pro-Bowl QB. The defense is still pretty under-rated. Two solid corners. Two amazing LBs. And seven solid DLs that can rotate and stay fresh. The sum is greater than the parts.

I am a Packer fan who has been pleasantly surprised 8 of 9 times this season. They've already beaten of teams I didn't think they would. I am still worried that it might all come crashing in; however, this team has a strong will to win.

They appear to be very well coached. Favre has clearly bought into the gameplan and is playing his butt off. At this point, they are last year's Chicago Bears with a pro-Bowl QB. The defense is still pretty under-rated. Two solid corners. Two amazing LBs. And seven solid DLs that can rotate and stay fresh. The sum is greater than the parts.

I am also a diehard Packer fan and when I looked at our schedule before the year started, I figured we would only win a couple games this year. However, I don't think our defense is as good as people give it credit for. Our run D is great, could be the greatest in the league. However, our secondary is very suspect. Yes, we have great corners in Woodson and Harris, but we have a bad tendency to leave the middle of the field wide open for WR's play after play. I know they are working on that but the more teams start to throw on us, the more I get worried.

Well, if the Pack are 8-1 because they haven't played anyone yet, they might end up 14-2.

Remaining games

CAR @ GB

GB @ DET

GB @ DAL

OAK @ GB

GB @ STL

GB @ CHI

DET @ GB

Other than Dallas on the road, where's the challenge?

I am also a diehard Packer fan and when I looked at our schedule before the year started, I figured we would only win a couple games this year. However, I don't think our defense is as good as people give it credit for. Our run D is great, could be the greatest in the league. However, our secondary is very suspect. Yes, we have great corners in Woodson and Harris, but we have a bad tendency to leave the middle of the field wide open for WR's play after play. I know they are working on that but the more teams start to throw on us, the more I get worried.

A. Only a couple games based on the schedule? Come on man. I had them at 8-8 based on my picks before the season started. I am happily surprised by how they have played.

B. Pass D is not as bad as you think. The pass plays are there for shorter gains...usually a 3rd WR or a TE making those plays. But the secondary has played pretty well and the pass rush is disrupting it big time. I want teams to throw on them. Giving up yards does not bother me...I like that they are not giving up points.

A. Only a couple games based on the schedule? Come on man. I had them at 8-8 based on my picks before the season started. I am happily surprised by how they have played.

B. Pass D is not as bad as you think. The pass plays are there for shorter gains...usually a 3rd WR or a TE making those plays. But the secondary has played pretty well and the pass rush is disrupting it big time. I want teams to throw on them. Giving up yards does not bother me...I like that they are not giving up points.

a) well I had them startin out the year with losses to the Giants, EAgles, Chargers, and bears. I thought we would lose both games to the bears, as well as losses to the cowboys and broncos. My final prediction I believe was 7-9. I guess i just didn't have enough faith. But i am by no means complaining, it has been a nice change for all Packers fans.

B.I agree with you, but it just worries me going into pass heavy offenses such as the Cowboys that Romo will be able to pick our secondary apart. I just have a feeling that those yards we are giving up will turn into points. However, luckily we have Favre to pick their Defense apart no matter what the Boys offense does to us!

Well, if the Pack are 8-1 because they haven't played anyone yet, they might end up 14-2.

I had the Packers at 14-2 before the season started.

Just sayin' :banana:

a) well I had them startin out the year with losses to the Giants, EAgles, Chargers, and bears. I thought we would lose both games to the bears, as well as losses to the cowboys and broncos. My final prediction I believe was 7-9. I guess i just didn't have enough faith. But i am by no means complaining, it has been a nice change for all Packers fans.

B.I agree with you, but it just worries me going into pass heavy offenses such as the Cowboys that Romo will be able to pick our secondary apart. I just have a feeling that those yards we are giving up will turn into points. However, luckily we have Favre to pick their Defense apart no matter what the Boys offense does to us!

Not as worried about Romo picking the corners apart.

They should get a good pass rush and Woodson and Harris can put a good jam on TO.

Witten is what worries me that game. And the backs coming out of the backfield.

Not as worried about Romo picking the corners apart.

They should get a good pass rush and Woodson and Harris can put a good jam on TO.

Witten is what worries me that game. And the backs coming out of the backfield.

Romo is deadly out of the pocket. ;) bring on that pass rush! i thought the G-men had a great pass rush?

Romo is deadly out of the pocket. :blink: bring on that pass rush! i thought the G-men had a great pass rush?

Its a different type of pass rush coming.

Its a different type of pass rush coming.

Damn right ! They're going to send all the hot chicks on Gossip Girl after him. He won't know what to do, he'll either cough up the ball or get sacked. :unsure:

Damn right ! They're going to send all the hot chicks on Gossip Girl after him. He won't know what to do, he'll either cough up the ball or get sacked. :unsure:

:mad:

Cowboy opponents' wins total of teams they have won against = 29 *that includes 12 wins from playing the Giants twice, who have 6 wins

Packer opponents' win total of teams they have won against = 34 *that includes 6 wins from playing the Vikings twice, who have 3 wins

IMHO, the quality of wins are easily better for the Packers. The Vikings are 3-6, but the rest of their teams they faced are 4-5 or better. And while not great teams... I wouldn't call any of them bad. However the Cowboys got wins against the Rams and Dolphins. The Boys get non conference games against the AFC East, which aside from the Pats isn't that strong IMO. Meanwhile the Packers got non conference games against the AFC West. A tougher division IMO. I think their respective divisions are comparable. And they play each other in inter-conference non-divisional games.

Edge Packers

Edge Packers.....err...edge what? Edge on the difficulty of schedule? Yeah...I suppose if their opponents have better records then, yes.

Edge on team talent? If you are basing that on difficulty of schedule...then that makes no sense. So then a sh!tty team who played lots of good teams would have the "edge" over everyone?

The Packers could beat Dallas. I can't wait to see it possibly happen in the playoffs

Well of course they could. The Cardinals beat the Steelers, the____ beat the____. Anyone can beat anyone. AND...both teams are good, so to predict a good team beating another good team isn't really going on a limb.....

Packers are 8-1 because James Jones forgot how to hold onto the football on SNF against the Bears. Otherwise they'd be 9-0.

Edge Packers.....err...edge what? Edge on the difficulty of schedule? Yeah...I suppose if their opponents have better records then, yes.

Edge on team talent? If you are basing that on difficulty of schedule...then that makes no sense. So then a sh!tty team who played lots of good teams would have the "edge" over everyone?

I don't think the Cowboys are as talented overall. I think there's an obvious advantage on defense to the Packers. QBs are even. WRs are surprisingingly even. MBIII is probably an advantage, but Grant out-rushed the demigod Adrian Peterson last week (even before Adrian got hurt) so who knows.

BTW, a "sh!tty" team that beats a lot of decent teams might not be as "sh!tty" as you'd like to believe.

lol you guys are fun. i was just seeing what kind of commotion i could make. that being said, cowboys 37-17 when they play the packers.

The Fudge Packers will not beat Dallas. They can't handle what we bring to the game. Seriously, they are not going to win and will get knocked out of the playoffs when someone realizes the Packers have no run game and actually mans up and beats them. They Fudge Packers are lucky and they will be destroyed on the 29th in Dallas.

Packers are 8-1 because James Jones forgot how to hold onto the football on SNF against the Bears. Otherwise they'd be 9-0.

Packers are 8-1 because Philly's kick returners forgot how to hold onto the football on SAF against the Packers. Otherwise they'd be 8-2.

Packers are 8-1 because Philly's kick returners forgot how to hold onto the football on SAF against the Packers. Otherwise they'd be 8-2.

The Packers are only 8-1 because they've managed to score more points than their opponents in 8 of their games. Otherwise they'd be 0-9.

lol you guys are fun. i was just seeing what kind of commotion i could make. that being said, cowboys 37-17 when they play the packers.

37?

Sure hope you think Favre will throw a few that are returned for TDs...cause the Boys aint putting up 37 on that defense.

The Fudge Packers will not beat Dallas. They can't handle what we bring to the game. Seriously, they are not going to win and will get knocked out of the playoffs when someone realizes the Packers have no run game and actually mans up and beats them. They Fudge Packers are lucky and they will be destroyed on the 29th in Dallas.

9 games in and people think that teams can still just take away what Favre wants to do this year.

And they just ran on the 2nd best run defense in the league...I think they can handle Dallas.

Right now my biggest concern for the Packers is this game weekend's game at Carolina. I'm anxious to see how they respond to a game like this. There is absolutely no reason the Packers shouldn't do to them about what they did to the Vikings. BUT, with 2 big games coming up against the Lions and Cowboys, I can see a young team like the Packers overlooking Carolina. It'll be a good gauge on their maturity and how well they're coached.

Yeah, I think we have a very good defense, but I don't think it's an elite defense just yet. They're not the 2000 Ravens or even the Bears of a couple years ago. Teams with more than 2 quality WRs or a good Tight End can move the ball on them.