Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

John Beck?

My team is doing great, but my QB situation has been terrible all year.

I have Eli and Losman.

I was thinking about adding John Beck and see what he does. Anyone think he can be a solid start for a few games down the 2nd half of teh season?

I think he will be solid, they wont give him too many chances to make mistakes, alot of dink and dunks and dump to chatman. but i do think you will see him going down field to ginn from time to time. not a stud but 200-250 a game 2 tds

I have Eli and Losman.

I was thinking about adding John Beck and see what he does. Anyone think he can be a solid start for a few games down the 2nd half of teh season?

Eli is ranked 12th in one of my leagues and 8th in another. He ranks 9th in TD's. Whats the problem? Unless you are in an 8 team league, Eli is a low end QB1. I am running with Kitna as my QB1 in one league. Eli outranks him in fantasy points and TD's. I'll trade you Kitna for Eli.

I have Eli and Losman.

I don't see why not. After all he is a rookie, playing behind a pourous o-line, and his best WR is Marty Booker. What's not to like.

He will be worse than Eli. NYG will score points vs. DET.

I'm not talking just for this week.

I think I may snag Croyle instead though.

I just need some options down the stretch.

Besides week 1 Eli is average every week. Sometimes very below average.

I just need some options down the stretch.

Besides week 1 Eli is average every week. Sometimes very below average.

and with Plaxico's ankle getting worse, I think Eli will fade down the stretch once again. However I can't see Beck being any better than he or Losman. Beck should turn out to be a pretty good pro, but it would be very unlikely for a rookie in such a bad situation to come out and take the league by storm.

he will not be worse than losman

Losman has a couple of years experience, a stud WR and a decent improving o-line. He also needs to perform to hold Edwards at bay. I don't see Beck as a better option this year. Long term? Perhaps.

and with Plaxico's ankle getting worse, I think Eli will fade down the stretch once again. However I can't see Beck being any better than he or Losman. Beck should turn out to be a pretty good pro, but it would be very unlikely for a rookie in such a bad situation to come out and take the league by storm.

I agree. I was really getting worried about the Giants passing game. They have really evolved into a power running team - especially with Plax being banged up. Eli has played pretty well this season, but I still don't like his situation very much. I decided to just trade Eli away...

But, if a team is good enough - Eli would be good enough. He just wasn't dynamic enough for me, especially since I don't see the passing game improving.

I agree. I was really getting worried about the Giants passing game. They have really evolved into a power running team - especially with Plax being banged up. Eli has played pretty well this season, but I still don't like his situation very much. I decided to just trade Eli away...

But, if a team is good enough - Eli would be good enough. He just wasn't dynamic enough for me, especially since I don't see the passing game improving.

He has played very well this year and I think he will continue to do enough for the Giants to win, but I think you made a good choice. I actually traded him away in my redraft and my dynasty (I also have Romo) as I don't see him being a great fantasy QB down the stretch. Plaxico is his biggest weapon and the winds get really bad in Giants stadium in December.

He has played very well this year and I think he will continue to do enough for the Giants to win, but I think you made a good choice. I actually traded him away in my redraft and my dynasty (I also have Romo) as I don't see him being a great fantasy QB down the stretch. Plaxico is his biggest weapon and the winds get really bad in Giants stadium in December.

Thanks. He really did make some big steps this year, he has showed that he should be a pro-bowl QB in this league. But fantasy wise this year, it just wasn't for me.

I ended up being able to get Drew Brees in a deal... I'm liking the way New Orleans is moving the ball now. Especially since their secondary is horrible, they will always need to pass. I feel alot better about my QB situation now.

Not looking for greatness, just maybe a spot starter, but after I looked at his schedule he doesn't have many good matchups, basically just the Jets game.

My opinion:

Try Warner or Schaub.

If they're not available, go Clemens.

I would put Beck above Croyle and Smith right now, but that's about it.

It's a pretty deep 12 man league, all options are not available.

Harrington, Croyle, Beck, Boller, Smith, T. Jackson are about the only QBs out there.

It's a pretty deep 12 man league, all options are not available.

Harrington, Croyle, Beck, Boller, Smith, T. Jackson are about the only QBs out there.

I like Kyle Boeller from that list. I think he seizes the opportunity to show that he can start for Baltimore next season. I thought he started to "get it" at the end of his thrid year, and then the team went out and brought in the damaged Steve McNair. Boeller has looked much sharper and the offense alot more effective with Boller at the helm. This week he has a really nice matchup in a game with Cleveland. He has a big arm and some nice downfield weapons in Clayton and Wiliams and a steady veteran in Mason.

I wouldn't expect to much from Beck this year. I will say that the Fins will not go winless. he showed the ability to drive the team down the field and score game winning TD's. He did it twice in the preseason.

With Ricky coming back I think the teams gets the offense moving a little late in the year. I expect we will beat the Jets or one of the other weak teams we still have on the schedule.

I'm starting him over Derek Anderson. He should explode out of the gate. Look for big things.

Smart move my man. Put down the crack pipe.

I wouldn't expect to much from Beck this year. I will say that the Fins will not go winless. he showed the ability to drive the team down the field and score game winning TD's. He did it twice in the preseason.

With Ricky coming back I think the teams gets the offense moving a little late in the year. I expect we will beat the Jets or one of the other weak teams we still have on the schedule.

???

Putting in a rookie QB and a RB who hasn't been with the team for a year and a half points to a regression and a learning curve when there's just 7 games left.

The Dolphins have come close in several games, it's not like they're the `76 Bucs. They only have to win just one. This seems like they're trying to lose another 2-3 in a row while these guys get on the field training, a margin they just don't have. Chatman's been great.

I don't see how Beck would be an upgrade over Eli personally. True, Plax's status will effect Eli but look at what Shockey did last week to make up the difference.

Any thoughts as to how this would affect Chattmans value in PPR formats? He's been a pretty solid flex option up until now but will this mean even less runnig room or could the increase in dump-off receptions make up the difference?

???

Putting in a rookie QB and a RB who hasn't been with the team for a year and a half points to a regression and a learning curve when there's just 7 games left.

The Dolphins have come close in several games, it's not like they're the `76 Bucs. They only have to win just one. This seems like they're trying to lose another 2-3 in a row while these guys get on the field training, a margin they just don't have. Chatman's been great.

All I am saying is we will win a game this year. We have seen rookie QB's do all right one of thier first games. I am just saying beck looked good in a few game winning drives in the preseason. I think he will win 1 or 2 games down the stretch.

Ricky is rusty yes. I think he will help out in a game this year. He is a dynamic back when he gets rolling. All the team will want to do is showcase him for trade bait.

I think he will be solid, they wont give him too many chances to make mistakes, alot of dink and dunks and dump to chatman. but i do think you will see him going down field to ginn from time to time. not a stud but 200-250 a game 2 tds

ok buddy. if these stats we the case he should be starting for everyone every week. let's simmer things down a bit