Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

Selvin Young Status

Question for those who watched the game.

When did Young return in the game last night? Because I did not see a record on the game review that he carried again. Did he just block?

I like many was hoping using Young this week, but need to know by Thursday because his alternative is going that day.

Any info?

Question for those who watched the game.

When did Young return in the game last night? Because I did not see a record on the game review that he carried again. Did he just block?

I like many was hoping using Young this week, but need to know by Thursday because his alternative is going that day.

Any info?

4th:

3-4-DEN 37 (4:09) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left to 35-S.Young to DEN 41 for 4 yards (53-K.Bulluck).

He came back in and caught one pass for 4 yrds late in the 4th.

Selvin Young, RB DEN

News: According to the Denver Post, Broncos RB Selvin Young left Monday's game against Tennessee in the fourth quarter with a knee issue but he did return. After the game, Denver officials said Young, who had 54 yards on 14 carries, is fine.

Analysis: Continue to monitor Young's status before setting your lineup for Week 12 at Chicago. If healthy, consider Young a No. 2 RB depending on the status of Travis Henry (knee) and his suspension. In the meantime, it might be worth adding Andre Hall, who replaced Young against the Titans and had seven carries for 89 yards and a touchdown.

This is from sportsline.com

Guest _my_2_cents_
Seriously Kevin Jones or Selvin Young I have to know by Thursday too!!

I'm assuming he is fine since he came back in.

Just read on Sportsline - Shanny said "he's fine".

HTH

glad to see he is OK, but this still sucks. Seeing Hall take it to the house made me cringe. I pray to god this doesn't turn into a RBBC, but it seems inevitable. How could you do this to me Selvin?? :shocking:

glad to see he is OK, but this still sucks. Seeing Hall take it to the house made me cringe. I pray to god this doesn't turn into a RBBC, but it seems inevitable. How could you do this to me Selvin?? :shocking:

I wouldn't be too worried about a pure split. besides that one long TD run, he pretty much got stuffed. He also injured his hand in only his 5 or 6th carry of the game. Selvin is good catching out of the backfield so Hall should be no more than a speller.

The Broncos say that Selvin Young was "fine" after Monday's game, and that it was his knee, not ankle, that was temporarily banged-up.

Young is a better pass blocker and receiver than Andre Hall, so there's no doubt he'll remain the starter over Hall if Travis Henry is suspended. Denver's schedule is favorable against the run moving forward.

I wouldn't be too worried about a pure split. besides that one long TD run, he pretty much got stuffed. He also injured his hand in only his 5 or 6th carry of the game. Selvin is good catching out of the backfield so Hall should be no more than a speller.

Its good to see that Selvin Young still enjoys jesus-like status on here despite getting outplayed by Andre Hall. :doublethumbsup:

If Henry is healthy and not suspended, then its Henry getting the full load.

If Henry is healthy but suspended and appeals, then its Henry getting the full load.

If Henry is healthy but suspended and chooses not to appeal, I think you see a three-way split from here on out between Selvin/Hall/Cecil Sapp.

If Henry is not healthy, I think you see a three-way split from here on out between Selvin/Hall/Cecil Sapp.

Guest _my_2_cents_
glad to see he is OK, but this still sucks. Seeing Hall take it to the house made me cringe. I pray to god this doesn't turn into a RBBC, but it seems inevitable. How could you do this to me Selvin?? :doublethumbsup:

The dude had ONE 4th quarter carry that resulted in a 62 yd TD and finished with another 27 yds for the 1/2 he played. Why would it possibly seem "inevitable"? It's a whole other ballgame going against fresh defenders than it is coming into the 4th quarter and busting one big run.

This is the kind of knee-jerk panic statement that sends people into a "what if" frenzy. The guy got a hole and ran through it - wow. He displayed nothing other than that to make me think he's a threat to a healthy Henry or even a slightly gimpy SYoung.

if he had a huge game other than the 62 yd TD then you might have a point.

Coach came out and said Young was fine - to me that's an endorsement. He didn't come out and say, "wow, that Hall really showed me something out there!"

Everyone calm down already - don't drop anyone important to your team for Hall - you'll regret it, then you'll blame Shanahan for your own idiocy. I've seen it here before. good luck.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Its good to see that Selvin Young still enjoys jesus-like status on here despite getting outplayed by Andre Hall. :doublethumbsup:

If Henry is healthy and not suspended, then its Henry getting the full load.

If Henry is healthy but suspended and appeals, then its Henry getting the full load.

If Henry is healthy but suspended and chooses not to appeal, I think you see a three-way split from here on out between Selvin/Hall/Cecil Sapp.

If Henry is not healthy, I think you see a three-way split from here on out between Selvin/Hall/Cecil Sapp.

This little fockstick has been ripping on Selvin Young ever since the Henry drug test news broke. He's also ripped on anyone who's ever had anything positive to say about Selvin Young or negative to say about Henry to the point of nam-calling, personal attacks and calling people out in topics.

Who wants to bet he has Travis Henry in every league he's in? :thumbsdown:

No one likes you cortez - you're not smart, you lack insight, you've never, ever contributed anything but idiocy to this forum and yet you somehow think you're relevant. You're not - it's a tip. Now put a focking sock in it. We get it already - you hate Young and have a 3" hard on for Henry. We understand. you came all over yourself looking at a picture of Henry. We know. Now go away already.

This little fockstick has been ripping on Selvin Young ever since the Henry drug test news broke. He's also ripped on anyone who's ever had anything positive to say about Selvin Young or negative to say about Henry to the point of nam-calling, personal attacks and calling people out in topics.

Who wants to bet he has Travis Henry in every league he's in? :thumbsdown:

I am not the one that needs an alias to be on here because everyone thinks I am a ######, Scooter. :doublethumbsup:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I am a ######. :doublethumbsup:

Agreed. :thumbsdown:

hey, how's that Henry pick working out for you this year you focking loser? :shocking:

I am not the one that needs an alias to be on here because everyone thinks I am a ######, Scooter. :doublethumbsup:

Ruh Roh. M2C/FS doesn't seem to want to talk about that...

Guest _my_2_cents_
Ruh Roh. M2C/FS doesn't seem to want to talk about that...

Actually I used the alias because of cvnts like Cortez following me around with their TROLL nonsense. What's the matter Whif - you mad because I said you were being lame in calling out another user in that Sho nuff topic you posted? :doublethumbsup: grow up. You siding with Cortez is classic though.

You really want to talk about it? I will - I can post as FS any time I like - it was just nice having some anonymity. Ask me if I give a flying fock who thinks what about me around here? I'm not here to win a popularity contest - I'm here to talk football with those who also wish to do so. I might even change my handle again so idiots like Cortez again don't know who i am so they can't follow me around. I was suspended initiallty for reacting to idiots like that because it got to the point that I couldn't post ANYTHING without some assbag insulting me. And sincethe mods don't enfore the rules about trolls calling people out, I occasionally react to them with much deserved vitriol.

I am here to talk football: I am not here to get harassed by some needle d!ck little sh!thead like cortez the d!ckless wonder. I don't give a fock about post count or any of the nonsensical flaming or trolling that pissants like CTK try to ruin this site with. If only there was the slightest bit of moderation around here this jackass would be banned and I could post in peace.

but you go on and speak for the masses there Cortez - I guaranfockingtee I get more respect around here than you do. Give us a call when your testes drop you d0uche.

Hall looked lost in the passing game...he missed a lot of blocks and one time they got to Cutler.

Shanny won't trust his franchise QB to a young replaceable RB that can't pick up the blitz....Selvin or Henry will be the back, if not they'll bring in a veteran.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Hall looked lost in the passing game...he missed a lot of blocks and one time they got to Cutler.

Shanny won't trust his franchise QB to a young replaceable RB that can't pick up the blitz....Selvin or Henry will be the back, if not they'll bring in a veteran.

Bingo.

And since Shanny came out after the game and made a point to say that Selvin was "fine" without commenting on the 1 good run from Hall, I doubt there's any contraversy here at all.

Time will tell - be nice if Selvin became the man, but since Henry's been dragging this thing out I lost hope of that happening some time back. The torn PCL does help Selvin's case some, but talk of RBBC between Young and Hall seems woefully premature.

And any immature insulting "I told you so" posts from d!ckheads like Cortez seem flat out retarded at this early stage.

I will start by saying I am a Selvin Young owner. Although any long TD run is a beautiful thing, the run by Hall was not really that impressive. What was impressive was the near perfect blocking on that play, particularly by Brandon Marshall. Marshall was the one who should get credit for the TD. He made a great block to keep the hole open. The hole was gigantic. I think anyone with decent speed would have scored.

To me what has been impressive is the way Young keeps grinding for yards. With his receiving and blocking to go along, I really don't think he is in any danger of losing too many carries.

Anythings possible with Shannahan, but Selvin Young was the starter for a reason. The guy has played well all year and if 14 for 54 is his worst outing, that won't get him benched. Henry will be the starter if able, but the same goes for Young if Henry cannot go. I have Young and Hall at this point so without bias I can say that 7 carries in the 4th quarter will in no way shape or form cause Young to lose his job. On another note, I'm still trying to figure out why you guys get so worked up about other peoples opinions. Who cares if a guy thinks Hall is better? My common sense advice is make sure you have your RB's backup's in the future so you don't have to whine when your guy is hurt or possibly being outplayed.

Sounds like Henry will be around at least one more week.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7517129

No Henry announcement today

By Bill Williamson

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 03:28:28 PM MST

There will be no announcement on a ruling on Travis Henry's appeal hearing today, meaning the running back will likely be available to face the Bears on Sunday if healthy.

A league spokesman said there will be no announcement made today. Under usual league guidelines, once the work week starts on Wednesday and teams start preparations for the next game in earnest there are no rulings that affect personnel.

Thus, Denver likely won't hear Henry's fate until next Monday at the earliest. He had his appeal on a pending one-year suspension for marijuana heard Friday in Phoenix.

Henry has missed the past two games with a knee injury.

Guest _my_2_cents_
On another note, I'm still trying to figure out why you guys get so worked up about other peoples opinions. Who cares if a guy thinks Hall is better? My common sense advice is make sure you have your RB's backup's in the future so you don't have to whine when your guy is hurt or possibly being outplayed.

Actually what's happened is that cortezthefockstick has been flaming anyone who's had anything positive to say about Selvin Young. So when Selvin came up gimpy on a play and no-name Hall scored he took it as his golden opportunity to rub it in people's faces since he's to this point looked like a focking idiot with Selvin producing.

it's a desperation move by this site's biggest troll. In another Selvin topic he mistakenly called me out for Selvin Young predictions that I never made - he seems to have me confused with what he sees as the Selvin is God contingent, even though I have yet to see evidence of that contingent here at FFT. I've seen a lot of members who have both Henry and Young, or just Young hoping for closure one way or another so they know if they have a roster spot, a viable back, or both - but to date I have yet to see anyone say Selvin is the second coming of Barry Sanders - mostly I see people with reasonable expectations of a starting RB, and Cortez acting like a bitter little d0uchebag because everything he's said about Travis Henry has been wrong and he's looking more and more like an idiot with every Selvin Young carry. Which is hard to do since he already looked like a tremendous idiot just for his personality. :thumbsdown:

Hope this clears up your confusion on this issue. It's not about people disagreeing with Cortez - it's about Cortez being disagreeable. I think it might be genetic. :dunno:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Sounds like Henry will be around at least one more week.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7517129

No Henry announcement today

By Bill Williamson

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 03:28:28 PM MST

There will be no announcement on a ruling on Travis Henry's appeal hearing today, meaning the running back will likely be available to face the Bears on Sunday if healthy.

A league spokesman said there will be no announcement made today. Under usual league guidelines, once the work week starts on Wednesday and teams start preparations for the next game in earnest there are no rulings that affect personnel.

Thus, Denver likely won't hear Henry's fate until next Monday at the earliest. He had his appeal on a pending one-year suspension for marijuana heard Friday in Phoenix.

Henry has missed the past two games with a knee injury.

Well, the Bears aren't a great matchup either as they're not terrible against the run...still - with the torn PCL it seems likely that if Young can go he'll get another start.

I think the only thing that's been consistent so far is that if Henry doesn't practice all week it's a safe bet he's out.

Shanny says this and that, but that is the one constant - no practice, no play.

I might even change my handle again so idiots like Cortez again don't know who i am so they can't follow me around. I was suspended initiallty for reacting to idiots like that because it got to the point that I couldn't post ANYTHING without some assbag insulting me. And sincethe mods don't enfore the rules about trolls calling people out, I occasionally react to them with much deserved vitriol.

I am here to talk football: I am not here to get harassed by some needle d!ck little sh!thead like cortez the d!ckless wonder. I don't give a fock about post count or any of the nonsensical flaming or trolling that pissants like CTK try to ruin this site with. If only there was the slightest bit of moderation around here this jackass would be banned and I could post in peace.

You are such an internet tough guy. Very impressive!

All that sh!t in that quote above and YOU are the one who started with Cortez in this thread :rolleyes:

Guest _my_2_cents_
You are such an internet tough guy. Very impressive!

Why thanks - I've been working out flexing my internet muscles all day. :rolleyes:

All that sh!t in that quote above and YOU are the one who started with Cortez in this thread :blink:

2 mins before that he called me out on another Selvin topic for no apparent reason and in an apparent case of mistaken identity since he accussed me of being a Selvin jock rider.

Say, why don't you sit back, relax and enjoy a nice glass of shut the fock up also. :cheers:

glad to see he is OK, but this still sucks. Seeing Hall take it to the house made me cringe. I pray to god this doesn't turn into a RBBC, but it seems inevitable. How could you do this to me Selvin?? :doublethumbsup:

i drafted henry, so i don't have any sympathy for you. :music_guitarred:

Actually what's happened is that cortezthefockstick has been flaming anyone who's had anything positive to say about Selvin Young. So when Selvin came up gimpy on a play and no-name Hall scored he took it as his golden opportunity to rub it in people's faces since he's to this point looked like a focking idiot with Selvin producing.

it's a desperation move by this site's biggest troll. In another Selvin topic he mistakenly called me out for Selvin Young predictions that I never made - he seems to have me confused with what he sees as the Selvin is God contingent, even though I have yet to see evidence of that contingent here at FFT. I've seen a lot of members who have both Henry and Young, or just Young hoping for closure one way or another so they know if they have a roster spot, a viable back, or both - but to date I have yet to see anyone say Selvin is the second coming of Barry Sanders - mostly I see people with reasonable expectations of a starting RB, and Cortez acting like a bitter little d0uchebag because everything he's said about Travis Henry has been wrong and he's looking more and more like an idiot with every Selvin Young carry. Which is hard to do since he already looked like a tremendous idiot just for his personality. :rolleyes:

Hope this clears up your confusion on this issue. It's not about people disagreeing with Cortez - it's about Cortez being disagreeable. I think it might be genetic. :thumbsdown:

Just noticed the my_2_cents bannoring...hahahahahahaha tough break scooter