Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Favre to play next year?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

Favre hasn't said that himself, preferring to delay his now-annual retirement saga until after the season. But in a conference call with Detroit reporters on Tuesday, Favre at least hinted that the Packers' successful season makes him more likely to return next year.

Here we go again.....

Why wouldn't he play next year? I thought this would be a foregone conclusion unless they win it all. That's the only way I can see him not playing next year. Clearly he can still play and is a definite pro bowl QB this year.

Why wouldn't he play next year? I thought this would be a foregone conclusion unless they win it all. That's the only way I can see him not playing next year. Clearly he can still play and is a definite pro bowl QB this year.

No issues with him playing, he's still got it. But do we have to listen to this every year.

Well Im sure you are going to hear as long as people keep asking and Favre will probably say he will address it at the end of the season. Why worry about it now when there is still more than a month of the season left and the playoffs. Non issue. Now if it's dragged on again till the draft then you can ###### and moan but not in week 11 of the regular season.

He will play and he should. Look at the teams record, and judge for yourself. Green Bay will get to the NFC title game and lose to Dallas this year. The Packers are good enough for him to play another 1-2 years.

Since he is currently better than 95% of the QBs in the NFL, why wouldn't he?

Yup...here we go again.

People wanting to make something out of anything the guys says to get a jump on another publication.

Look...he is under contract for a few more years I believe.

So until he says he is done...he is playing.

The only way I see him retiring after this year is if they win it all.

So as a Packer fan, I hope this is his last year. :banana: But I doubt it.

Yup...here we go again.

People wanting to make something out of anything the guys says to get a jump on another publication.

Look...he is under contract for a few more years I believe.

So until he says he is done...he is playing.

The only way I see him retiring after this year is if they win it all.

So as a Packer fan, I hope this is his last year. :doublethumbsup: But I doubt it.

Even if they win it he would probably come back for more. He stated earlier in the season that he realizes that once he retires, he won't ever play again so with he team he has around him, as long as he is playing the way he is, who knows when he may retire.

Even if they win it he would probably come back for more. He stated earlier in the season that he realizes that once he retires, he won't ever play again so with he team he has around him, as long as he is playing the way he is, who knows when he may retire.

True...but if they win it...that might be it from his mental standpoint. He might finally realize he tempted fate for quite some time and I think he would love to go out on top and know the team is still ok and set up to be ok after he is gone.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

Favre hasn't said that himself, preferring to delay his now-annual retirement saga until after the season. But in a conference call with Detroit reporters on Tuesday, Favre at least hinted that the Packers' successful season makes him more likely to return next year.

Here we go again.....

I dont see why people would even bother him with this question as good as he is doing.....if he wins a ring he most likely wont return......but if not, who knows

If he stocks up with enough painkillers he will keep going.

It's 2007 now. The whole Favre painkiller ordeal stopped being relevant right around the time you apparently went into a coma 10 years ago.

I think Favre may retire even if GB doesn't advance to the Superbowl let alone win it. I mean just take a look at his stats now and where this team is now in comparsion to just 2 years ago. Favre is having one of his best season's ever and he has helped bring the Pack back from the bottom to the top so IMO that would be a good way to end his career. Favre wanted to come back and show he can still be a Top 5 QB and for the Pack to produce great team results and both have been acheived. I mean say they go 13-3 and lose in the NFC title game to Dallas all things considered that would be a good way for him to go out.

I believe it's going to come down to how well they do in the playoffs. Even Favre admits he doesn't know what to make of Green Bay's success right now, and frankly, neither do many of their fans. We've decided finally that yes, they're good, but are they "elite"? The only way to find that out is to play competetively (not necessarily win, though that would be nice) against Dallas, but more importantly, in the playoffs.

If Green Bay gets their ass handed to them in the 2nd round, or doesn't at least make a game of it in the NFC Championship (I'm assuming here they'll do enough for the bye) then Favre may decide that Green Bay is probably not close enough to a superbowl, marking this season up as a fluke. In that case, there's no better season to retire from as a 38-year-old ANYbody, let alone a QB. Favre's year has been nothing short of miraculous based on his age and recent history, and he's rendered Dan Marino an afterthought in nearly every QB statistical category that counts.

Other than a superbowl as a team, talk about going out on top as an individual! Why set yourself up to be compared, yet again, to your previous accomplishments by returing at 39, when things could go horribly wrong. The Pack could be like the Saints by teasing everyone into thinking they were ready for the next step, only to be a very average team. I say quit while you're ahead, superbowl or no.

I believe it's going to come down to how well they do in the playoffs. Even Favre admits he doesn't know what to make of Green Bay's success right now, and frankly, neither do many of their fans. We've decided finally that yes, they're good, but are they "elite"? The only way to find that out is to play competetively (not necessarily win, though that would be nice) against Dallas, but more importantly, in the playoffs.

If Green Bay gets their ass handed to them in the 2nd round, or doesn't at least make a game of it in the NFC Championship (I'm assuming here they'll do enough for the bye) then Favre may decide that Green Bay is probably not close enough to a superbowl, marking this season up as a fluke. In that case, there's no better season to retire from as a 38-year-old ANYbody, let alone a QB. Favre's year has been nothing short of miraculous based on his age and recent history, and he's rendered Dan Marino an afterthought in nearly every QB statistical category that counts.

Other than a superbowl as a team, talk about going out on top as an individual! Why set yourself up to be compared, yet again, to your previous accomplishments by returing at 39, when things could go horribly wrong. The Pack could be like the Saints by teasing everyone into thinking they were ready for the next step, only to be a very average team. I say quit while you're ahead, superbowl or no.

Why is Dallas elite but yet GB has to prove they are?

Yeah I say let him play. I was ready to write him off after last year, but he can throw it still. I think it would be better for him to retire on top than a shell of his former self, but he may have enough gas in the tank to still be on top next year.

As for Aaron Rodgers maybe when he attains free-agency he can actually play in a game. Favre may still be playing QB when that time comes.