Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Great Game Eagles

I knew the spread was ridiculous and I had a feeling this would be a better game than everyone thought, but I didn't think it would be this close.

If McNabb played, it wouldn't have been close. Feely was very impressive except for two bad decisions. He stood in the pocket confidently and placed the ball where it needed to be on his TD passes. Let the QB controversy begin.

I am concerned about the Patriots play calling on defense. They continued to blitz even though the Eagles were consistently picking it up. I also didn't like the cushion they were giving the Eagle WR's. I would have also liked to have seen them use the threat of a running game earlier.

I am also concerned about Seymour. How invisible has he been this year? He needs to get his sh!t together so the Patriots can pressure QB's.

The offensive PI call on Moss was bogus. It could have been a different game if that call wasn't made. It would have been nice to see ONE holding call on the Eagles O-Line.

This is actually good for the Patriots. It will allow them to be aware of their weaknesses (LB pass coverage, pressuring the QB) and it humbles them.

I know a bunch of you were DYING for them to lose so you could post about them sucking and trying to make us Pats fans eat crow. Even though it was a close game, the better team still won. I still do not think they are going 16-0. Someone is going to beat them (Steelers?).

Yeah good game Eagles.

I was mostly impressed by their defense though. They kept "Mr. Team Player" under control, and they also got some sacks on Brady. Welker could have been limited more, but you can't always get what you want I guess.

Also props to Andy Reid and Feeley, they did what they could do. :music_guitarred:

Yeah good game Eagles.

I was mostly impressed by their defense though. They kept "Mr. Team Player" under control, and they also got some sacks on Brady. Welker could have been limited more, but you can't always get what you want I guess.

Also props to Andy Reid and Feeley, they did what they could do. :music_guitarred:

Phillys O line was incredible tonight. Feely looked like Brady today.

Finally a DC that knows how to coach. Jim Johnson is top notch. The hacks like Williams in WASH and Buf should be embarrassed to call themselves defensive co-ordinators with their pathetic game plans.

Phillys O line was incredible tonight. Feely looked like Brady today.

The biggest mistake was going for the score from the 30 and throwing the INT when they could have milked the clock down to about nothing and at least kicked the FG for the tie and hoped for the coin flip in OT. That call was dumb. There was a receiver drunning clear just past the LOS too. They were eating the clock and moving nicely then they went for the home run. Bad call.

Great effort.

The offensive PI call on Moss was bogus. It could have been a different game if that call wasn't made.

:music_guitarred:

That was the right call. Randy usually gets away with it but that was blatant. Please, he does it all the time. Every good receiver does. That was a damn good call.

I agree. I understand that it's not much consolation because of the outcome but Philly played a great game.

Kudos to the Philly DC.

Yes finally a team that went full bore at the Pats. Others can do it, including the Steelers but maybe others.

Why are the Pats throwing so much? Because they can? Yeah they're 11-0 but I'm thinking this will burn them eventually.

Jabar Flippin' Gaffney? Come on!

(Edit) That last pass by Feeley will haunt him for a long, long time. He had `em, he really had `em.

I was hella impressed by feely in the pocket. He knew that since they were bringing so many people someone was going to be open so he stuck it out and found the open guy. On some plays, he put the right amount of touch on the ball so he could avoid the sack and also let the play develop.

McNabb would've tried to roll out or escape the pressure and that wouldn't have worked. Trust that your WR's will break free and let them make a play.

I think I would have rather seen the eagles get blown out.

This one hurts.

I'm tired of 3 point losses to the Pats. :wall:

i was actually rooting for the eagles. :cry:

that PI call on moss was right on. that guy pushes off every time. :wall:

i'm just glad the pats looked beatable for once. hopefully it messes with their heads a bit.

The Randy Moss PI call was right...when they showed the replay over and over they showed the last 2 seconds where he didnt touch him but before that he really did extend the arms and push him off. Though it wasnt nearly as flagrant as what hes been doing to the poor CBs all season.

And what was with the whole "maybe it was a good Field Goal" thing?

Final Score : 28-34?

19-0 FTW!! :unsure:

Iggles came to play last night........Coaches put together a solid game plan & kept pressure on Brady all night. Kudos to Feely & his protection as well. Best the Iggles have looked ALL year.......sure to be a QB contraversy over this.

As a Pats fan I think they needed a challenge like this. It's obvious that they need to get their ground game going but what surprises me is that Welker is EVERY bit as important to their offense as Moss is. Without Welker they get a L last night.

I'll take the win & I'm sure BB will make sure the proper adjustments are made so that other teams who try to template the Philly gameplan will not find similar success. Greta game to watch :unsure:

Good job Eagles & GO PATS!!!! 11-0 :nono:

i'm just glad the pats looked beatable for once. hopefully it messes with their heads a bit.

I don't think so. I think this will end up benefiting the Patriots. They will analyze every mistake on the game film and adjust accordingly.

I think that the Patriots fans really believe that they commit no penalties during any game.

Randy Moss pushed off. This was a RARE call against a guy who does it pretty regularly. Watch his "circus catches" (which I love to see) when he "outjumps" a couple guys by pushing down on their shoulders right before he leaps. The subtle shoves at the last second that give him just enough separation at the time the ball arrives.

He's worse than Michael Irvin now. Make no mistake, I like him a lot and enjoy watching his play, but this "bogus" sh!t is laughable.

Shut the fock up, oh poor, persecuted Patriots fans.

I don't think so. I think this will end up benefiting the Patriots. They will analyze every mistake on the game film and adjust accordingly.

A journeyman quarterback who hasn't taken a snap in 3 years went up and down and up and down and up and down the field on New England's home field stopping himself only when he tripped over his own feet and when he threw stupid, stupid, stupid interceptions.

Brady threw one illegitimate touchdown pass (throwing the ball constantly the entire game, mind you) against a defense that allowed Brian Freakin' Griese to go 98 yards in 45 seconds with no time outs.

"Oh, yeah... We'll just get that corrected.... this will actually make them better."

Good stuff, Redtodd :rolleyes:

You are a funny guy!!!!

I think the game proved two things:

1. There is a blueprint on how to compete with the Patriots. If Feeley can spread them out and pick them apart, what happens when Peyton gets a hold of that film?

2. If the Eagles can put together a consistent effort like last nite, they can go 4-1 and squeek into the playoffs AND do some damage.

As an Eagle's fan, it's great to see the effort. A win would have been huge, but at least the team is still in it.

That was a great game by Philly. As a Pats fan I figured they'd face a "wake-up call" game at some point, but I honestly didn't think it would be against Philadelphia, especially with McNabb out. When Philly tied it at 14 I knew it was going to be a dogfight and when the Eagles went up 28-24 I really started to get worried. I think this is definitely a good thing for the Pats (because you can serve as much "humble pie" to your players as you want, but when you win 56-10 in a divisional road game the players probably aren't going to believe it as much as if a team comes into your house and punches you in the mouth and comes very close to beating you). Now having said that, Belichick obviously needs to make some adjustments or the Patriots will not be getting very far, but considering Belichick is one of, if not the best coach in the NFL at making adjustments, I'm confident they'll be fine.

Anyone breaking down this game before kickoff kept saying "if Philly has a chance, they need to ride Westbrook..." It seemed pretty obvious that Belichick's defensive scheme was to contain Westbrook and make Feely beat him. The defense did a pretty good job of containing Westbrook, but I don't think anyone expected Feely to play as well as he did. I think you have to give him a lot of credit, and the Eagles offensive line a lot of credit too for giving him time to throw!

The Patriots obviously have a target on their back since they are undefeated and are going to be facing teams' A game every week, so last night proved that eventhough this is a great team, they can't just show up and expect to win when their opponent is going to be up for them every week. I think you can definitely count on a couple more "dogfight" type of games for the Pats before this season's over...

Brady threw one illegitimate touchdown pass

The sheer stupidity of this one statement CLEARLY outshines the ineptitude of the rest of your post :cry:

The sheer stupidity of this one statement CLEARLY outshines the ineptitude of the rest of your post :cry:

It was sure damn close. The fact that the play wasn't reviewed was awful. It was definitely too close to not review.

The sheer stupidity of this one statement CLEARLY outshines the ineptitude of the rest of your post :doh:

The WR was clearly out of bounds when he caught the ball so that makes the TD illegitimate :angry:

Don't be such a homer :dunno:

:shocking:

It was sure damn close. The fact that the play wasn't reviewed was awful. It was definitely too close to not review.

Agreed :D

The WR was clearly out of bounds when he caught the ball so that makes the TD illegitimate :unsure:

Don't be such a homer :nono:

:D

Both feet were in bounds....ALL video shows this. The only question is wether he had control of the ball when his knee was down OUT OF BOUNDS.

the only Clear argument that all agree on is that the play should have been reviewed...even though it nevah would have been overturned :overhead: