Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

The Official Brett Favre Appreciation thread

People can fabricate whatever they want. Favre has carried my team to a first round bye in fantasy this year. I have won at least 4 championships with him as a QB. He is a joy to watch and what a football player should be in the real world. He plays the game... and is easily one of the greatest of all time.

Anyhow, I started this thread for some positive mojo because I need him in two weeks... and because I am sick of people bashing a man for no legitimate reason.

I heart #4

In all seriousness... I gotta say Favre went about it all wrong last night.

He had a system that worked and abandoned it... Trying to chuck home runs every time.

He was bound to get clobbered sitting back there looking for the deep pass EVERY TIME!!

I give the man his due. He's a tough baller. But when he is bad, HE IS BAD!

There is no doubt that he played extremely poor last night, but that's not what there are several threads on the bored are talking about. Both Manning and Romo have had simliar games this year. But all of this idiocy of Favre not being a team player and yada yada yada... well it's just stupid.

Tony Romo sure respects the guy. A lot of Cowboys like Whitten had great things to say about him all week on local TV & radio. I couldn't wait to see him play and I am sorry he got hurt. Here is hoping he returns to the game ASAP. :mad:

In all seriousness... I gotta say Favre went about it all wrong last night.

He had a system that worked and abandoned it... Trying to chuck home runs every time.

He was bound to get clobbered sitting back there looking for the deep pass EVERY TIME!!

I give the man his due. He's a tough baller. But when he is bad, HE IS BAD!

He blew it last night, no question. The rest of the season he's been fantastic, though. One bad game (just a quarter, really) and a lot of people forget that.

People have been dying for Favre to have a bad game/get injured for a long time

Especially people like Sampdog who says Favre is washed up/ tainting his legacy/and he wouldn't take him in the 12th round of his fantasy draft (too much downside) and Walter34 who has contended that Grossman = Favre

I say let them have their day. :wub:

More posts to bring back later :thumbsup:

There is no doubt that he played extremely poor last night, but that's not what there are several threads on the bored are talking about. Both Manning and Romo have had simliar games this year. But all of this idiocy of Favre not being a team player and yada yada yada... well it's just stupid.

OK OK I'll give you that. The man gets out what he puts in.... and thats a lot.

He will definitely be HOF... What more can I say?

He sucked it up last night and killed my ff team.... :thumbsup:

Well, I might still be ok with TO's big game. :wub: All right get better #4.

I appreciate him scoring minus points this week and I am playing against him ! :thumbsup: :wub:

Personally, I think Brett Favre has been a GREAT QB over the course of his career and has certainly helped the Packers' organization win throughout the years. Now, IMO, he's not a "great" QB; but (most games) he is still pretty good and capable of beating opposing teams. He's a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer and probably will be remembered as a top-5 all-time QB.

That said...while I appreciate Brett Favre as a football player, I completely loathe the media's coverage of him. There is nothing quite as grating as listening to John Madden or Tony Kornheiser or, really, any ESPN analyst slob all over him -- making his routine throws (i.e. the throws that EVERY NFL QB can make) seem historic, all the while downplaying (in fact, completely ignoring) his poor games like Thursday night.

Basically:

Brett Favre = :thumbsup:

Media's Incessant Obsession with Brett Favre = :wub:

I'm sure alot of people on this board respect him except for the perennial Lions, Vikings, and Bears fans.

Jeesh--take it easy on us perennial Lion's fans. I haven't said a negative word about Favre. I'd say most of the Lion's, Vikings, and Bear's fans would be the ones to respect him. We get to watch him play much more often. For a longer period time as well considering many of us are true fans of our team, rather than season to season band wagon jumpers.

I hate to break it to Dallas fans, but if you think you have distanced yourself from the Packers based on this game and the circumstances involved---you're living in a dream world.

The year was 1996 I won the Grand Prize on WEEI Sports Radio Boston 850AM. It was 2 tickets to the SuperBowl, Patriots vs Packers, all expenses paid. Awesome!

The local theme was "jambalaya" and I had walked around for months greeting everyone with it. Eddie Andelman, one of the greatest Sports Radio voices of all time and a pioneer in the industry had started the craze. I had went to the Pitt and Jax games prior and was amped for this game.

Brett Favre was awesome and as I watched him beat us vs Bledsoe live on that stage you could really see the difference between the two players. I'll never forget watching him run down the field with his helmet in the air. Sick and respectful at the same time. Brett Favre forever earned my respect.

I bought a Brett Favre jersey the next year and I've drafted him many years since. The only non Pats gear I've ever purchased. He's helped me win Fantasy titles and he was so dominant for such a long time, especially 94-97 when he was just playing at such a high level.

On a side note, the halftim show was ZZTop in the ZZ Hot Rod with 50 Harley's, the Blues Brothers and James Brown! How sick is that! Gotta love Brett Favre and gotta love the French Quarter.

Im a DIE HARD BEARS FAN.....and i list Brett Favre as the best QB of all time.......thats saying alot, and my freinds and family always bash me for it....but its true in my mind, he is the best QB of all time .

Personally, I think Brett Favre has been a GREAT QB over the course of his career and has certainly helped the Packers' organization win throughout the years. Now, IMO, he's not a "great" QB; but (most games) he is still pretty good and capable of beating opposing teams.

Prior to this week he was having the best season of his career? Doesn't that qualify as "great?" :music_guitarred:

Gee I can't wait for the offseason to find out if Brett is coming back. :thumbsdown: Favre can't go away fast enough. :rolleyes:

To: Packer Fans

Question: Would you rather have Favre at any point of his career, or Tom Brady right now..if you had to win one game?

To: Packer Fans

Question: Would you rather have Favre at any point of his career, or Tom Brady right now..if you had to win one game?

Let me ask you then this "scherber830"... Who would you rather have to build a franchise around? Take away Billicheck and the patriots, you think Brady would have the same success than Favre? Favre is a QB that has gone through coaches like Holmgren, Rhodes, Sherman, and McCarthy. Yet, Favre plays at a high-level consistently and holds all the major QB stat records. Take away the coaches and the team, who would you rather have?

Let me ask you then this "scherber830"... Who would you rather have to build a franchise around? Take away Billicheck and the patriots, you think Brady would have the same success than Favre? Favre is a QB that has gone through coaches like Holmgren, Rhodes, Sherman, and McCarthy. Yet, Favre plays at a high-level of consistently and holds all the major QB stat records. Take away the coaches and the team, who would you rather have?

this is precisely the question I asked.

I pick Brady.

this is precisely the question I asked.

I pick Brady.

I'd take Vinitieri over the game manager who got lucky that Belicheck grabbed Moss before the Packers could.

Favre is what the NFL is all about. he's not the best QB ever, but he is a scruffy, gunslingin, tough SOB. how can you not like the guy? it's kind of like saying you don't like Walter Payton.

Favre is what the NFL is all about. he's not the best QB ever, but he is a scruffy, gunslingin, tough SOB. how can you not like the guy? it's kind of like saying you don't like Walter Payton.

i cant speak for others but,

i am NOT saying that he isn't a great player or anything like that....i am just curious as to why he is so glorified by the media, when a guy like Randy Moss is constantly villified.

the media decides which standards are important...and the fans and rubes run with it.

i am NOT saying that he isn't a great player or anything like that....i am just curious as to why he is so glorified by the media, when a guy like Randy Moss is constantly villified.

the media decides which standards are important...and the fans and rubes run with it.

:blink: you're comparing Favre to Moss??? would Favre ever give up? No. would moss ever give up.....oh wait he already did.

don't get me wrong moss is a talent, but he's also a fucckin nancy. i like guys like Emmitt, Harrison, LT2, Favre, Montana, Aikman, Witten......guys you would sit down and have a beer with.

Favre has not had as much success in the postseason since Super Bowl XXXII; he is 2-5 in the playoffs since the 1998 season. Two of those losses were at home in the wild-card game, and they were the first postseason losses ever at Lambeau Field. Since 1998, he has recorded 149 completions on 249 attempts for 1,804 yards, with 11 touchdown passes and 16 interceptions, leaving him with a quarterback passer rating of 70.1 in the playoffs.

We can also add last nights choke job!

Favre Sucks! :dunno:

Im a DIE HARD BEARS FAN.....and i list Brett Favre as the best QB of all time.......thats saying alot, and my freinds and family always bash me for it....but its true in my mind, he is the best QB of all time .

He has 1 ring and is a loser. Have you seen Joe Montana play? Ever heard of Unitas?

Favre has not had as much success in the postseason since Super Bowl XXXII; he is 2-5 in the playoffs since the 1998 season. Two of those losses were at home in the wild-card game, and they were the first postseason losses ever at Lambeau Field. Since 1998, he has recorded 149 completions on 249 attempts for 1,804 yards, with 11 touchdown passes and 16 interceptions, leaving him with a quarterback passer rating of 70.1 in the playoffs.

We can also add last nights choke job!

Favre Sucks! :thumbsup:

:dunno: Favre doesn't suck. 1st ballot HOF.

Most of the fans that don't know these players on a personal level only know what the media gives us. What the media has shown us about Moss is his past drug abuse, his lack of effort with the Raiders..then all of a sudden he's the darling of the league because he gets traded into a good situation and picks up where he left off in Minnesota. Brett on the other hand has been a class act all the way around. Sure, you could go on and say that Favre was selfish in coming back to play one more at 38, seemingly only in it for the records that he had not yet broken. But he has played at a high level his entire career, despite all the bumps and bruises and such that would sideline a lot of players for a few weeks. As far as comparing Brady to Favre...hands down Brett wins, due to the fact that he's a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

:thumbsup: :dunno:

Most of the fans that don't know these players on a personal level only know what the media gives us. What the media has shown us about Moss is his past drug abuse, his lack of effort with the Raiders..then all of a sudden he's the darling of the league because he gets traded into a good situation and picks up where he left off in Minnesota. Brett on the other hand has been a class act all the way around. Sure, you could go on and say that Favre was selfish in coming back to play one more at 38, seemingly only in it for the records that he had not yet broken. But he has played at a high level his entire career, despite all the bumps and bruises and such that would sideline a lot of players for a few weeks. As far as comparing Brady to Favre...hands down Brett wins, due to the fact that he's a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

:dunno: :thumbsup:

He is 2-5 in the playoffs since 1998. This is a high level? :dunno:

:dunno: Favre doesn't suck. 1st ballot HOF.

It's funny to watch people blame one person for an entire team losing. Those stats don't tell about all the missed routes, dropped catches, injuries, coaches making bad defensive calls. No QB in the NFL has ever been perfect, and there never will be.

You can't classify a particular player as great on stats alone. I've watched a few Packer games in my time, and just to watch Favre have that much fun playing football with that kind of pressure is just amazing to me. I think the intangibles of Favre are what make him a great QB, not just whether he had a bad playoff record. Not a lot of quarterbacks can say they played in 20 playoff games, including 2 Superbowls.