Sign in to follow this  
JGB_11

Anyone think this was Favre's last game?

First off let me say, that i am glad the Bears beat you twice this year, but the Packers had a great year, so you have nothing to hang your heads about.

Anyway, if this was his last game that is a horrible way to end a career like his....

Most likely will see him again next year

First off let me say, that i am glad the Bears beat you twice this year

Too bad the Bears never really got healthy this year.

Too bad the Bears never really got healthy this year.

I know.....i think if healthy we could have beat any of those NFC teams....

Oh well....next year

based on that last throw? um, yeah, it's time to mow the lawn in mississippi, brett.

he had...what? 3, 4, 5 chances to be the hero tonight and lead his team down the field and win it...and looked like shiat every time.

based on that last throw? um, yeah, it's time to mow the lawn in mississippi, brett.

he had...what? 3, 4, 5 chances to be the hero tonight and lead his team down the field and win it...and looked like shiat every time.

Why don't you give it a rest dude. You're so quick to slam him but he had a great year. What were the expectations for the Packers this year?

Oh yeah, what was Kitna's expectations for the Lions this year? How'd that work out?

Why don't you give it a rest dude. You're so quick to slam him but he had a great year. What were the expectations for the Packers this year?

Oh yeah, what was Kitna's expectations for the Lions this year? How'd that work out?

both favre and kitna are on vacation right now. that's how it worked out :thumbsdown:

13-3=13-3=13-3.

13-3=13-3=13-3.

Well done Swamp.

i am giving you credit for stepping up and making fun of yourself.....

From your lips to God's ears. I pray the Brett Favre lovefest ends! :lol:

Not a big fan of the Favre lovefest, but he is still one of the best five or six QBs in the league.

My bet: He comes back.

First off let me say, that i am glad the Bears beat you twice this year, but the Packers had a great year, so you have nothing to hang your heads about.

Anyway, if this was his last game that is a horrible way to end a career like his....

I would find it quite fitting, he is the NFL all time leader in interceptions after all. The Pack would be better off without Fav-re.

Of course this is not his last game. He still has to at least play in the Pro-Bowl! :overhead:

:pointstosky:

No. And let me say that game was NOT all on Favre. He was not the only one to make a big mistake.

With the game on the line, he threw the pick that lost the game. AGAIN.

I just cant see Favre leaving on a bad note like that...i meen he had a great season, and broke alot of records but i just dont see it....

With the game on the line, he threw the pick that lost the game. AGAIN.

It's posts like these that are ruining this board. The hatred for Peyton Manning, Brady and Favre here is just unbelievable. Clearly one late game interception all season labels him as a late game choker. I missed that note. Why do people find it necessary to attack these guys like it actually is going to make a difference.

No. And let me say that game was NOT all on Favre. He was not the only one to make a big mistake.

true--what with harris and woodson getting beaten like rented mules on every pass play--but there were multiple chances for favre to be the hero and he sucked donkey balls every time.

true--what with harris and woodson getting beaten like rented mules on every pass play--but there were multiple chances for favre to be the hero and he sucked donkey balls every time.

Yea, Harris especially had me wondering how he has been one of the top cover corners in the league. Burress had one heck of a game, and Harris just couldnt hang with him.

It's posts like these that are ruining this board. The hatred for Peyton Manning, Brady and Favre here is just unbelievable. Clearly one late game interception all season labels him as a late game choker. I missed that note. Why do people find it necessary to attack these guys like it actually is going to make a difference.

Honestly i cant stand Peyton Manning.....i actually have more respect for his LIL bro.....

Favre looked a lot colder out on the field than Manning thats's for sure....The entire 4th quarter he has gimping around like a frozen popsicle. Manning on the other hand didnt even look cold. I'd say this game is really going to make Favre think about returning. He had a great season and all in the warm weather, but they way he looked in that cold Im not sure he'll be back. I've never seen the cold effect Favre the way it did today. Must be the 38 year old body...........

Honestly i cant stand Peyton Manning.....i actually have more respect for his LIL bro.....

Not being able to stand a guy is one thing - i cant stand Tom Brady - but i know and admit hes still one heck of a quarterback, maybe just not quite what some people say he is here. If we are talking about top personalities in the league, none of these guys probably make my list..

Favre looked a lot colder out on the field than Manning thats's for sure....The entire 4th quarter he has gimping around like a frozen popsicle. Manning on the other hand didnt even look cold. I'd say this game is really going to make Favre think about returning. He had a great season and all in the warm weather, but they way he looked in that cold Im not sure he'll be back. I've never seen the cold effect Favre the way it did today. Must be the 38 year old body...........

Yea, did anyone else see that thing were they were showing farve running around GB naked, So much for that lol

This is true, I don't think he handles the cold like he used to. Not sure what to think of that...

Not being able to stand a guy is one thing - i cant stand Tom Brady - but i know and admit hes still one heck of a quarterback, maybe just not quite what some people say he is here. If we are talking about top personalities in the league, none of these guys probably make my list..

Good point, i have very little respect for Peyton tho...it seems like he is always blaming evryone else for his mistakes evry year.....His lil bro has alot more heart IMO

What about my post was incorrect? Please elaborate. The game was on the line, he did throw the pick that lost the game. AGAIN. (playoffs against the Eagles, last time he was there, for one. To Dawkins.)

Good point, i have very little respect for Peyton tho...it seems like he is always blaming evryone else for his mistakes evry year.....His lil bro has alot more heart IMO

That's kinda funny, cuz I've always seen Eli as the whiner up until now. He seems like he's grown up A LOT in the last month. I havent heard Peyton's press conferences where he blames anyone, but it could be true. No one prepares harder for games than Manning, he should expect a lot from his teammates.

What about my post was incorrect? Please elaborate. The game was on the line, he did throw the pick that lost the game. AGAIN. (playoffs against the Eagles, last time he was there, for one. To Dawkins.)

Youre putting all the blame on Favre when it shouldnt all fall on him. Yes he threw the INT, but the game never should have gotten that far. The entire defensive unit was missing assignments and leaving people open all day long. As much smack as Al Harris talks, he should at least live up to some of his own hype. He choked in a playoff game and deserves a lot of the blame as well. I don't think Bob Sanders had his group prepared for this giants team.

That's kinda funny, cuz I've always seen Eli as the whiner up until now. He seems like he's grown up A LOT in the last month. I havent heard Peyton's press conferences where he blames anyone, but it could be true. No one prepares harder for games than Manning, he should expect a lot from his teammates.

Honestly I've never seen a Peyton press conference in my life, its just kind of how he acts on the field, it seems like when he makes a bad play he is always pointing the finger… although im not there so....

I hated Eli when he came into the league especially cause of what happened in the draft (I thought that was very un-classy) And I agree, He has grown up A LOT..

Very good points man...Kudos’

Favre's had great playoff games. Favre's had less than great playoff games. And, yes, a few awful ones. It's a mixed bag. He's still a great QB. It's the all-or-nothing stuff on the Board that people are tired of. And, the hate. That may not apply to you, but it gets way old.

Favre's had great playoff games. Favre's had less than great playoff games. And, yes, a few awful ones. It's a mixed bag. He's still a great QB. It's the all-or-nothing stuff on the Board that people are tired of. And, the hate. That may not apply to you, but it gets way old.

I couldnt have said this better. Thanks fumble :thumbsup:

Honestly I've never seen a Peyton press conference in my life, its just kind of how he acts on the field, it seems like when he makes a bad play he is always pointing the finger… although im not there so....

I hated Eli when he came into the league especially cause of what happened in the draft (I thought that was very un-classy) And I agree, He has grown up A LOT..

Very good points man...Kudos’

Yep, it took me a while to get over his draft act too. He had to do a lot to shed the whole crying baby persona :thumbsup:

seriously, does this make him Eli? is he no longer peyton's little brother / archie's youngest son?

seriously, does this make him Eli? is he no longer peyton's little brother / archie's youngest son?

If he wins in the SB i dont think anyone will call him anything other but ELI THE GREAT.

Favre will come back for one more year ... and ... fizzle.

He's on a young, talented team. I'm not sure they'll get this far again next year, but I think he'll do well if he chooses to come back. He was awesome last week vs. Seattle...just had a rough second half tonight...but so did the whole offense.

Yep, it took me a while to get over his draft act too. He had to do a lot to shed the whole crying baby persona :banana:

It's actually more complicated than that. The reason why Rivers was an early first round pick was to make that trade.

BTW, I predicted the Giants would "trade up" to take Eli, but there was no way to predict what happened. And you gotta look at the family. How many titles did Archie win in his career? Sometimes, you need the team around you ... and that's why Eli said he wanted to play in the biggest league of them all. Quarterback for the New York Football Giants.

It's actually more complicated than that. The reason why Rivers was an early first round pick was to make that trade.

BTW, I predicted the Giants would "trade up" to take Eli, but there was no way to predict what happened. And you gotta look at the family. How many titles did Archie win in his career? Sometimes, you need the team around you ... and that's why Eli said he wanted to play in the biggest league of them all. Quarterback for the New York Football Giants.

I heard that trade had alot to do with Archie.....