Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Marvin Harrison involved in shooting

Now that was funny.

Any updates on this? I haven't really seen any.

Update......

While many people on this bored have the guilty verdict read on Marvin, the fact is that he is not a target of an investigation nor a suspect of anything. He, along with many others, was someone who the police talked to. I'm sure if you owned a club and there was a shooting there, the police would talk to you too.

Some talk show hack says he has an un-named source (Belichick???)?

There are a boatload of people in the NFL on every team who I would say here we go again about when this story broke. Marvin is not one of them. I will be shocked if he played any role in the shooting.

I was under the impression that Marvin was one of the "good guys" as well. Not only for not having off the field issues but having some class on the field too.

Guess we'll see where this goes but I don't think it looks too good for Marvin. Marvin , meet Mr.Snipes but you can call him Wesley.

I just read on rotowire that I guess not much happened with this case over the weekend, due to an officer being shot and that becoming their number one concern. It did comment that Marvin has admitted to being involved in a fist fight, but not the shooting. I can see Marvin getting into a fight, it sounds like the guy went to the bar to start one with him, got his butt kicked and he left.

Let's hope Marvin doesn't get into trouble, as I would hate to think of what negative impact it might have on the Colts this year. Now I just have to find tickets to a game this year to enjoy our new dome!

This is a sad story because Marvin has always been a credit to his race. One of the good ones. I hope this is all a mistake or someone else was involved.

Update......

While many people on this bored have the guilty verdict read on Marvin, the fact is that he is not a target of an investigation nor a suspect of anything. He, along with many others, was someone who the police talked to. I'm sure if you owned a club and there was a shooting there, the police would talk to you too.

Some talk show hack says he has an un-named source (Belichick???)?

There are a boatload of people in the NFL on every team who I would say here we go again about when this story broke. Marvin is not one of them. I will be shocked if he played any role in the shooting.

Exactly. Un-names source is code for 'media speculation'.

Exactly. Un-names source is code for 'media speculation'.

Six of the bullet casings found after an April 29 shooting near Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage came from a gun that belongs to the Colts wide receiver, Philadelphia police sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

------------------------

Harrison's representatives say Harrison was not present during the shooting incident, and that his gun was not involved.

:dunno:

That's a really stupid law. Let's say a thug attacks you, wrestles your gun away, and shoots you multiple times, leaving you for dead. You survive, but end up charged with attempted murder on yourself.

:rolleyes:

:lol: You might be giving those thugs some bright ideas with that one.

Six of the bullet casings found after an April 29 shooting near Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage came from a gun that belongs to the Colts wide receiver, Philadelphia police sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

------------------------

Harrison's representatives say Harrison was not present during the shooting incident, and that his gun was not involved.

:unsure:

We all understand what the police said. They also said Harrison is not the focus of their investigation. You failed to mention that.

Not saying he's innocent nor guilty, but if you're gonna report something, report all the facts. :mad:

It gets even crazier. From profootballtalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

WILD CLAIMS IN HARRISON CASE

Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2008, 7:01 a.m.

We were alerted last night to some eye-popping claims regarding the Marvin Harrison case made by Philly sports anchor Keith Russell during a Monday afternoon radio spot in Miami. And so we tracked down the audio, and we have given it a listen.

Appearing with Jason Jackson on WQAM, Russell said that his sources tell him that the guy who was allegedly shot in the hand after leaving Harrison’s bar last Tuesday had come to the establishment to carry out a gangland-style “hit.”

A “hit” on Harrison.

Seriously.

Russell said during the segment that the issue relates to Harrison’s father, who is (per Russell) incarcerated, and that the supposed “hit” was in retaliation for something Harrison’s father supposedly had done.

Media sources in Philadelphia tell us that the contention, which Russell apparently hasn’t made on the air in his home market, is simply not true.

Russell also said that there are “people who are willing to do whatever is necessary” to keep Harrison from facing charges.

We all understand what the police said. They also said Harrison is not the focus of their investigation. You failed to mention that.

Not saying he's innocent nor guilty, but if you're gonna report something, report all the facts. :unsure:

Harrison's agent said he's not the focus. Police have only said they have no suspects yet.

Harrison's agent said he's not the focus. Police have only said they have no suspects yet.

I meant he's not a suspect. Of course they're gonna keep an eye on him considering he had a beef with the victim and ballistics trace back to a gun owned by him.

Frankly, if he did do it, I hope the throw the focking book at him. Although I now live about an hour from the city, I'm tired of hearing about all the damn violence in the city.

Posted on Tue, May. 6, 2008

Harrison still being eyed in shooting

By DAVID GAMBACORTA

Philadelphia Daily News

Detectives are still trying to piece together a puzzling week-old shooting linked to NFL star receiver Marvin Harrison.

Crime-scene investigators yesterday pried a total of three stray bullets from two houses on Thompson Street near 25th in North Philly, where Harrison owns a garage and car-detail shop, police sources said.

It was on that same stretch of Thompson Street that an unidentified 32-year-old man suffered a bullet wound to the hand last Tuesday after a fistfight with Harrison, 35, the sources said.

The victim - who thus far has refused to identify the gunman - was kicked out of a bar that Harrison owns, Playmakers, on 28th Street near Cambridge, about two weeks earlier, and continued to bicker with Harrison in the days following, the sources said.

Although no witnesses have implicated Harrison, investigators started to focus on him last Wednesday, when ballistics tests confirmed that five shell casings found at the crime scene had come from a high-powered Belgian handgun that Harrison owns.

Police found the weapon inside Harrison's garage. During a four-hour interview at Central Detectives last week, Harrison admitted having been involved in the fistfight but insisted that he had not been involved in the subsequent shooting, the sources said.

Harrison, who played football at Roman Catholic High School and went on to become a wide receiver with the Indianapolis Colts, has not been charged with any wrongdoing.

Investigators said they would test the slugs found yesterday to determine if they also had been fired from his gun. *

LoL I can't believe you peeps are buying into the 'he's not a suspect' schpiel. The police always say shat

like that publicly. And they lie too. It's not against the 'rules'. As long as they just want to talk to him about

what happened...hey no big deal just answer some questions while we put together a case. Once he's a suspect,

he's gonna lawyer up and shut up and that doesn't help them at all. born yesterday much?

:headbanger:

LoL I can't believe you peeps are buying into the 'he's not a suspect' schpiel. The police always say shat

like that publicly. And they lie too. It's not against the 'rules'. As long as they just want to talk to him about

what happened...hey no big deal just answer some questions while we put together a case. Once he's a suspect,

he's gonna lawyer up and shut up and that doesn't help them at all. born yesterday much?

:dunno:

This is very true.

I'm not cop or a lawyer but I've seen like every law & order and stayed at a holiday inn express recently.

Oh yeah, so thus far...

1. Harrison and dude get in altercation 2 weeks before this
  2. Dude comes back to Harrison's bar and they tussel again
  3. Dude gets shot at, people get minor injuries
  4. Gun that fired the shots turns up in car detailing shop owned by Harrison
  5. Gun is rare Belgian produced firearm that is registered to Harrison
  6. Harrison says he owns a gun like that but it is at home and he was not involved, does not know how it mysteriously turned up at his other place of business.
  7. Gun casings found at the scene and bullets from the scene are both determined to be from gun found at Harrison's detail shop which is registered to Harrison
  8. Harrison sticks to his story that it wasn't his gun, he wasn't involved and he doesn't know anything. Police believe Harrison because, hey, well, he is Marvin Harrison and appears to be a nice guy and all.

Poor Marvin, most incredible set of coincidences EVAH!!! :dunno:

Oh yeah, so thus far...
  6. Harrison says he owns a gun like that but it is at home and he was not involved, does not know how it mysteriously turned up at his other place of business.
  7. Gun casings found at the scene and bullets from the scene are both determined to be from gun found at Harrison's detail shop which is registered to Harrison
  8. Harrison sticks to his story that it wasn't his gun, he wasn't involved and he doesn't know anything. Police believe Harrison because, hey, well, he is Marvin Harrison and appears to be a nice guy and all.

Poor Marvin, most incredible set of coincidences EVAH!!! :dunno:

One could also put together the following story:

Harrison and dude get into altercation 2 weeks ago

Harrison decides to arm himself for fear of retribution

Harrison brings gun to club

Harrison gets into fight, fight spills out of club, Harrison leaves club without gun

One of his boys picks up gun and shoots other dude

His boy hides gun at car wash

You just don't know. If Harrison fired the gun, did police look for traces of gunpowder on his arms or sleeves of shirt/jacket he was wearing?

The point is that all of the information is not in yet, and from the sounds of it, the police are still collecting info.

It's bad enough a Philly cop gets gunned down in cold blood last week by an assaut rifle, that now folks in the city are going all wild, wild west.

3rd cop in the past 2 years killed in the line of duty. Philly also gonna break last year's tally of homicides. It's focking sickening.

I meant he's not a suspect. Of course they're gonna keep an eye on him considering he had a beef with the victim and ballistics trace back to a gun owned by him.

Frankly, if he did do it, I hope the throw the focking book at him. Although I now live about an hour from the city, I'm tired of hearing about all the damn violence in the city.

Tell me about it. I actually live about a 5 minute drive from where this happened. It seems like its everywhere. I hope he's not involved, but I find it highly unlikely. Too much smoke for there not to be fire. If he is guilty, make an example of him. :mad:

or make him play for the birds. :dunno:

Tell me about it. I actually live about a 5 minute drive from where this happened. It seems like its everywhere. I hope he's not involved, but I find it highly unlikely. Too much smoke for there not to be fire. If he is guilty, make an example of him. :mad:

or make him play for the birds. :dunno:

My wife and I don't even go into the city anymore. I just moved and now live about 45 minutes away, and that's done on purpose due to the violence. Who wants to raise a family in that environment?

My heart goes out to the residents of the city who have to put up with all the violence. Makes a great city look real, real bad.

My wife and I don't even go into the city anymore. I just moved and now live about 45 minutes away, and that's done on purpose due to the violence. Who wants to raise a family in that environment?

My heart goes out to the residents of the city who have to put up with all the violence. Makes a great city look real, real bad.

Philthydelphia sounds like just another crime ridden poverty stricken corrupt republican run big city. :unsure:

Oh yeah, so thus far...

Poor Marvin, most incredible set of coincidences EVAH!!! :unsure:

The other fact that we know is where the gun was found at his detail shop. In a BUCKET. Not locked up nor put in a safe place.

It sure seems that Marvin or someone he knows fired the gun that shot a man, and then lied about it to police. At the very least that is a conspiracy charge.

One could also put together the following story:

Harrison and dude get into altercation 2 weeks ago

Harrison decides to arm himself for fear of retribution

Harrison brings gun to club

Harrison gets into fight, fight spills out of club, Harrison leaves club without gun

One of his boys picks up gun and shoots other dude

His boy hides gun at car wash

You just don't know. If Harrison fired the gun, did police look for traces of gunpowder on his arms or sleeves of shirt/jacket he was wearing?

The point is that all of the information is not in yet, and from the sounds of it, the police are still collecting info.

It's bad enough a Philly cop gets gunned down in cold blood last week by an assaut rifle, that now folks in the city are going all wild, wild west.

3rd cop in the past 2 years killed in the line of duty. Philly also gonna break last year's tally of homicides. It's focking sickening.

I actually want to believe that Harrison isn't involved in this. But let's say your story is close, maybe even dead-on. If so, why lie and say the gun is at home? See, the issue here is that even if Harrison didn't actually fire the gun, as the gun owner, according to Penn law, he can be held liable for it's use/misuse. If he happened to bring it his business for the purposes you mention, two bad things have already happened, he was negligent for care/control of the gun AND there is probably a local code restricting firearms from any place where alcohol is sold. Either way, there's smoke to this story, and where there's smoke...

My wife and I don't even go into the city anymore. I just moved and now live about 45 minutes away, and that's done on purpose due to the violence.

Big difference between going "into the city" for dinner or drinks, and going "into the city" where this bar is located.

Philthydelphia sounds like just another crime ridden poverty stricken corrupt republican run big city. :unsure:

Republican run big city?

You are most certainly a rube. :banana:

Big difference between going "into the city" for dinner or drinks, and going "into the city" where this bar is located.

I hear you. I would shudder when we'd take the Broad Street Line up to the Liacouras Center for a hoop game.

It's just that sh!t like this spills over onto the innocent. Who wants to be "that poor innocent bastard who got shot"?

yeah and we all know that big cities are Republican strong holds :banana:

I actually want to believe that Harrison isn't involved in this. But let's say your story is close, maybe even dead-on. If so, why lie and say the gun is at home? See, the issue here is that even if Harrison didn't actually fire the gun, as the gun owner, according to Penn law, he can be held liable for it's use/misuse. If he happened to bring it his business for the purposes you mention, two bad things have already happened, he was negligent for care/control of the gun AND there is probably a local code restricting firearms from any place where alcohol is sold. Either way, there's smoke to this story, and where there's smoke...

Exactly. Say he brings the gun with him to the club, puts it down somewhere, fights the dude, and one of his boys picks it up and shoots the guy?

Harrison's liable, so he makes something up. Gives him a better chance to fight the charge of having his gun used in a crime. One of his boys could always say he snagged the gun from Harrison while he was at his house.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that Harrison knows something, and that he's not being completely forthright here. I'm just saying it's b/s to convict the guy in the media court of public opinion before all the facts are gathered.

Exactly. Say he brings the gun with him to the club, puts it down somewhere, fights the dude, and one of his boys picks it up and shoots the guy?

Harrison's liable, so he makes something up. Gives him a better chance to fight the charge of having his gun used in a crime. One of his boys could always say he snagged the gun from Harrison while he was at his house.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that Harrison knows something, and that he's not being completely forthright here. I'm just saying it's b/s to convict the guy in the media court of public opinion before all the facts are gathered.

Again, fair enough. I'm not ready to assign guilt to him yet, however, an interesting point comes up on this topic: perception. Most of us on this board are big football fans in general and can claim to know more about most NFL players than your average armchair guy just watching his favorite team on Sunday. I think it's safe to say that most everybody perceives Marvin Harrison as a good guy, because he's quiet, not boisterous and plays for one of the "cleaner" teams in the league (playing w/ Peyton helps that image). So we automatically assume that Marvin is model citizen because of it. But the reality is that we really know nothing about the guy, other than he hasn't had any problems before that we've heard of. We're apt to give him the benefit of the doubt because we think he's a nice guy on a team of nice guys. The guy opened a bar in a shady part of Philthy that he's originally from. He's got a penchant for guns and from what we're gathering a combative personality or is pront to arguing at the least. He mostly refuses to talk to the media and is a bit of a loner on the sidelines with his own team. Maybe we should take off the "Marvin's a good guy" glasses and leave ourselves open for the possibility that there' more to marvin than we know about.

Philthydelphia sounds like just another crime ridden poverty stricken corrupt republican run big city. :bandana:

well, considering that the last republican mayor we had was Bernard Samuel in 1948 I'd say you are a tad off on that assessment.

As far as crime ridden, I can't argue with that. There are good parts and bad parts, like most cities. The area that I live in is a working-class area of Philadelphia and we have almost no violent crime, period. Drive in a 1/2-1 mile radius around where I am and you've got some of the worst ghettos in the country. It comes with living in a city. Philly is still very much segregated along racial, religious and economic lines.

Again, fair enough. I'm not ready to assign guilt to him yet, however, an interesting point comes up on this topic: perception. Most of us on this board are big football fans in general and can claim to know more about most NFL players than your average armchair guy just watching his favorite team on Sunday. I think it's safe to say that most everybody perceives Marvin Harrison as a good guy, because he's quiet, not boisterous and plays for one of the "cleaner" teams in the league (playing w/ Peyton helps that image). So we automatically assume that Marvin is model citizen because of it. But the reality is that we really know nothing about the guy, other than he hasn't had any problems before that we've heard of. We're apt to give him the benefit of the doubt because we think he's a nice guy on a team of nice guys. The guy opened a bar in a shady part of Philthy that he's originally from. He's got a penchant for guns and from what we're gathering a combative personality or is pront to arguing at the least. He mostly refuses to talk to the media and is a bit of a loner on the sidelines with his own team. Maybe we should take off the "Marvin's a good guy" glasses and leave ourselves open for the possibility that there' more to marvin than we know about.

Couldn't agree more. I know someone who personally met Harrison and he was real cool with him.

I know Harrison's trying to "keep it real" by maintaining contact with his neighborhood, but this type of business venture borders on stupidity.

I guess the point I was trying to make was no matter what the current circumstances are, he should be given the benefit of the doubt no matter how he's perceived.

Go a little deeper and the real problem I have is how the media hides behind the Constitution when it comes to "un-named" sources. It's complete and utter bullsh!t because any writer can make stuff up and call it "un-named".

They basically push sensationalism and a perception based on uncorroborated information. Big problem with that. <_<

Sad. We really need to arm more citizens. The cops can't do it all.

Philthydelphia sounds like just another crime ridden poverty stricken corrupt republican run big city. :music_guitarred:

Philadelphia is 85% registered Democrat, a one party cesspool. We regularly have elected officials being investigated and indicted and jailed for corruption, and they get re-elected in landslides.

Philadelphia is 85% registered Democrat, a one party cesspool. We regularly have elected officials being investigated and indicted and jailed for corruption, and they get re-elected in landslides.

that can't possibly be correct. you are lying. the democratic party is without corruption, they are all about making the lives of the poor

better with their benevolent policies. their anti-gun laws are proven to reduce such violence by over 1000%.

and the hits keep on coming :ninja:

Bad stuff all around..

Unless this is a video the cops fighting with Harrison, why would you post it here? A more appropriate location would be a thread titled, "Philly is a shithole" posted at the Geek Club maybe. :wall:

When the police say someone is not a suspect and we just want to talk to them. They are usually the #1 suspect.

Does Kenton Keith have an alibi for the time in question?