Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Vince Young almost quit after rookie year

If that's true, it takes my respect for him down even further. What kind of whiny baby wants to leave after one year because "it's no fun, it's too much pressure", etc? Not someone I'd ever want trying to lead my team to a Super Bowl.

Man. Imagine if this guy had a normal job instead of an exciting one like being an NFL player? I mean, I know it's not all fun and games or anything, but damn. Most people hate their jobs but careers are kind of important, you know?

I'm sure Peyton felt even worse after his rookie year. This guy was a 22 or 23 year old kid when he went through his first NFL season, why put him down for being honest that he felt pressure from being the face and the leader of an NFL team? I'm glad he has the self-confidence to work through these issues and is self-aware enough to improve himself based on what he sees happening to other athletes because of their off-field conduct. Hook 'em Vince! Take the Titans back to the playoffs baby!

Wow, what a 'tard.

Hmm, making ridiculous bank, too dumb to do anything else, and basically the face of an NFL franchise. Yeah, I hear ya Vince. Life's real tough.

never bought this story....looks like i am correct.

Vince Young can't imagine what his life would be like without football.

So, reacting to a posted interview on NFL.com that quoted him as saying he considered quitting the game after his first season as a pro, the Tennessee Titans' 2006 rookie of the year sought to set the record straight.

"I was never going to quit football,'' Young told The Tennessean on Thursday during retired quarterback Steve McNair's annual football camp. "Football, that is my pride and joy, it is my dream. I am playing my dream. And I don't plan on giving that up any time soon."

never bought this story....looks like i am correct.

Vince Young can't imagine what his life would be like without football.

So, reacting to a posted interview on NFL.com that quoted him as saying he considered quitting the game after his first season as a pro, the Tennessee Titans' 2006 rookie of the year sought to set the record straight.

"I was never going to quit football,'' Young told The Tennessean on Thursday during retired quarterback Steve McNair's annual football camp. "Football, that is my pride and joy, it is my dream. I am playing my dream. And I don't plan on giving that up any time soon."

Of course he's going to say that. It's called damage control.

He wouldn't be thinking of retirement if he was making the league minimum.

I think Vince just needs to man up, and accept his responsibility. I think the man is afraid of failure and could not bear losing games that he was not used to doing in college.

Leave the man alone. He is a retard. If he was not playing football he would be working at burger king.

Leave the man alone. He is a retard. If he was not playing football he would be working at burger king.

...And hoping desperately one day that he could meet him in person.

If that's true, it takes my respect for him down even further. What kind of whiny baby wants to leave after one year because "it's no fun, it's too much pressure", etc? Not someone I'd ever want trying to lead my team to a Super Bowl.

Someone who already has millions in the bank.

I think Vince just needs to man up, and accept his responsibility. I think the man is afraid of failure and could not bear losing games that he was not used to doing in college.

Yo Kimo!

I truly think that is what he told himself. New season baby, the dude don't make the same mistake twice, I said that a few years ago too.

Just sayin.

:headbanger:

:lol: