Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

Lynch undervalued?

I was just looking at last years stats and Marshawn Lynch had 1,115 yards and 7 TDs. Pretty solid for a rookie.

Then I realized that was in only 13 GAMES! He missed 3 games with an ankle injury last year, so his stats could/would have been even better!

So if you give him a full season, another year of experience for a young Bills team, this guy could be a MONSTER!

If you look at his gamelog he got at least 18 carries in every game he played in and should catch more passes this year too!

I'm starting the think he could be top 5 RB this year, and might be a better bet than Gore & Addai!

Thoughts?

Shhhhhh

While I am not buying into the Gore/Martz hype as much as others I do think we have to see how much Rhode will eat into addai's load but yes, Lynch is a bit undervalued in my opinion. TOP 5?

LT

AP

Westbrook

Jackson

Portis,Barber, Lynch

Seems possible

FWIW, I am a Cal fan and saw every game Lynch played. He has great hands and can even throw the ball so don't be surprised if he tosses 1 or 2 TD's and catches a boat load.

I agree. I took him #5 over Addai and Gore in a recent draft. I think Rhodes will eat into Addai's work, as the Colts will want Addai fresh for the playoffs. And Gore, while very talented, is on an offense that may be as bad as the Raiders from a couple of years ago. I just saw Lynch as more certain than either of those. I realize most people disagree. And to rank people like Portis and Barber over Lynch is just crazy talk IMO.

But hey, that's why we play the games, right?

And to rank people like Portis and Barber over Lynch is just crazy talk IMO.

But hey, that's why we play the games, right?

Go on...let's hear your reasoning for this "crazy talk"...Well i'll start with a case for Barber:

-never so much as even appeared on an injury report, and while he hasn't handled 300+ carries, Lynch broke down after only 13 games.

-Barber is a TD machine. In the last two years, he has 28 TDs in approx. 400 touches = 1 TD every 14.2 touches.

-Lynch scored 7 TDs in 298 touches last year = 1TD every 42.5 touches.

-Barber averaged 4.8 ypc last year, and 4.5 for his career, while Lynch averaged 4.0

-Coinciding with above, Barber is on the MUCH better offense, has a passing game AND QB play to keep DEFs honest, while Lynch has Trent Edwards and Lee Evans :banana:

-Lynch had 18 receptions while being the featured back in 13 games, and while Buffalo says he will play a bigger role in the passing game, he has a long way to go before he catches Barber's 44 catches...in a part time role.

-Barber outscored Lynch last year, and the FF points per game was about equal between the two...Barber will certainly receive a heavier workload this year - and while he won't get 300+ carries, he'll see approx 50-60 more than last year (204 last year). Even if Barber has less touches than Lynch, its pretty obvious who makes the most out of their opportunities...

Barber by a longshot :pointstosky:

Look at Lynch's schedule!!! CAKE CITY!!!!

add to the fact he would have been a top 10 RB at least if not top 5-8 if he started and played every game!

Look at Lynch's schedule!!! CAKE CITY!!!!

add to the fact he would have been a top 10 RB at least if not top 5-8 if he started and played every game!

Barber was a top10 back, and he didn't start a single game :pointstosky:

I was just looking at last years stats and Marshawn Lynch had 1,115 yards and 7 TDs. Pretty solid for a rookie.

Then I realized that was in only 13 GAMES! He missed 3 games with an ankle injury last year, so his stats could/would have been even better!

So if you give him a full season, another year of experience for a young Bills team, this guy could be a MONSTER!

If you look at his gamelog he got at least 18 carries in every game he played in and should catch more passes this year too!

I'm starting the think he could be top 5 RB this year, and might be a better bet than Gore & Addai!

Thoughts?

Portis, Addai, Gore and Barber will finish ahead of Lynch without a doubt!!

Mark it down...

I think he is correctly valued. He finished 8th in YPG, 11th in the far more important category of rushing TDs, 14th in YPC for backs with at least 200 carries, and he is rarely used in the passing game (I know, Bufffalo passing game is an oxymoron).

9th RB, 12th overall strikes me as precisely correct.

Go on...let's hear your reasoning for this "crazy talk"...Well i'll start with a case for Barber:

-never so much as even appeared on an injury report, and while he hasn't handled 300+ carries, Lynch broke down after only 13 games.

-Barber is a TD machine. In the last two years, he has 28 TDs in approx. 400 touches = 1 TD every 14.2 touches.

-Lynch scored 7 TDs in 298 touches last year = 1TD every 42.5 touches.

-Barber averaged 4.8 ypc last year, and 4.5 for his career, while Lynch averaged 4.0

-Coinciding with above, Barber is on the MUCH better offense, has a passing game AND QB play to keep DEFs honest, while Lynch has Trent Edwards and Lee Evans :bandana:

-Lynch had 18 receptions while being the featured back in 13 games, and while Buffalo says he will play a bigger role in the passing game, he has a long way to go before he catches Barber's 44 catches...in a part time role.

-Barber outscored Lynch last year, and the FF points per game was about equal between the two...Barber will certainly receive a heavier workload this year - and while he won't get 300+ carries, he'll see approx 50-60 more than last year (204 last year). Even if Barber has less touches than Lynch, its pretty obvious who makes the most out of their opportunities...

Barber by a longshot :dunno:

My reasoning? Simple. I don't believe for a minute that Jerry Jones drafted a RB that he obviously had wood for to sit him on the bench all season. Felix Jones will eat into Barbers carries much more than you, or most people on this site, seem to think. The Cowboys seem to want to keep a platoon system in place, which makes sense, as then they will have healthier, fresher backs for the playoffs.

There ain't nobody eating into Lynch's carries. He will be the centerpiece of that offense, and Evans, while admittedly no TO, is enough of a threat to keep the D honest.

As for Lynch "breaking down" at wk. 13 last season, yeah, he got hurt, and hit the "rookie wall". Assuming you are correct that Barber's touches go way up and he becomes a feature back (you aren't, but we will assume arguendo) we'll see how long he stays off the injury report running over people the way he does.

As for his catches, he had a rookie QB, and was a rookie himself. He will catch WAY more balls this year. And I bet you'll find that Mr. Jones cuts into Barber's catches even more than his carries, as he is a faster, shiftier back.

Don't get me wrong... I like Barber a lot. I just like Lynch better.