Sign in to follow this  
Saintmaniac

LJ vs Portis

LJ vs Portis  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Gotta choose 1

• LJ
    • Portis

Fanball league. We keep 1 QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1 K or Def, and 1 of any position.

I have P Manning, Gore, Colston, and Chicago Def.

The choice is between LJ, whom I love and Portis.

LJ has line/QB concerns and Portis has injury issues.

Debate?

There's really no question here. Portis is a RB1 in my book - better team around him, and no more injury concerns than LJ. LJ is a RB2 in my books.

Kind of a toss up here, but I went with LJ, the chiefs offense will be much improve with Chan Gailey calling the plays, it's already blatenly obvious. I personaly don't think the redskins are any better. The chiefs didn't use a full back last year, and are using one this year, and they're making some holes for LJ unlike last season.

I love LJ. He has been on my squad every year. It's tough to let him go and see him go off. But I want to win this league!

I really think it is a 50/50 toss up here. Washington does have Betts who will get touches. KC has no one, only LJ.

Just a few notes that should be offered up.

Washington Oline was completely decimated all of last year. No group started more than 4 games together and the entire right side of the line was backups and worse.

Portis does not have Betts as a threat AND Zorn has said that he plans to get Portis involved even more in that passing game.

i picked LJ.

both have a falling yds/carry the past 3 yrs; both seem far away from the pictures that had them posting their career ultra stats (LJ with 3-4 pro bolwers on his line, portis in denver).

i think gailey's simplified move the chains offense will help LJ get 300-340 carries, and at a revived 4.0-4.5 yards/carry, has a likelihood of posting 1400+/9-12.

i picked LJ.

both have a falling yds/carry the past 3 yrs; both seem far away from the pictures that had them posting their career ultra stats (LJ with 3-4 pro bolwers on his line, portis in denver).

i think gailey's simplified move the chains offense will help LJ get 300-340 carries, and at a revived 4.0-4.5 yards/carry, has a likelihood of posting 1400+/9-12.

poppycock!

I'm on the Portis bandwaggon. He's just the kind of consistent player for your fantasy team. LJ is more of a boom/bust type pick.

LJ has line/QB concerns and Portis has injury issues.
Please expand on "injury issues"....I'm not aware of any. :nono:

Actually, I am shocked that this is even up for debate?

I had this decision to make in one of my drafts and I went with LJ. Both are somewhat risky picks because they have both had heavy workloads in the past and buth have had injuries. I went with LJ because I think he has more upside. Washington has a better offense and OL but LJ is KC's whole offense. I think LJ will be kind of fresh this season because he he had time off last season and his injury is supposedly fully healed. There is a good chance that both will post similar numbers, around the 1200 yard 10-12 TD range. Neither is a bad pick.

Portis, and I dont think it is even close, honestly...

I had Portis on my team last year. He led (or was close) the league in carries yet only rushed for over 100 yards like 3 or 4 times. He only had 2 multi TD games all season. People think of Portis as a flashy player, but he is more of a slow train (metaphorically speaking) he keeps plugging away and gets decent fantasy points each week. He rarely throws up a dud but conversely rarely has a monster week either.

Now while this may be a good thing, when I am drafting in the first round, even if it's late first round, I am looking for a potential stud. Someone that can carry me to a title. I think we all know LJ's down season last year, and all the reasons, however he is the man that CAN do this for your team. He is the man that can have those monster games and multi TD, 150yard games. That is why I would draft LJ over Portis.

It comes down to risk vs. reward and I almost always go for the high reward guy. Prolly one of the reasons I usually either go 4-9 in a fantasy season or 12-1 and dominate the league. :(

This is a tough call. Both will be available in my draft on Friday. I see Portis going first. Wash. has a better team and will be in more games. I say Portis. But it's a good problem to have.