Sign in to follow this  
cavern

is julius jones going to lose his battle

i'm in the 11th round and like 40 backs have gone.

does he still have a shot at starting?

Here's a better question - does Maurice Morris have a chance of keeping the starting gig?

I like Jones' prospects much better than Morris'.

Holmgren has been pretty consistent in calling Jones and Morris co-starters for weeks now.

I think he's worth a flyer. The team has no WR's left, so the offence has to come from somewhere and maybe it will be the running game. Morris isn't a 20+ carry back, so Jones will get his touches. He looks like he shouldn't be starting in the NFL, but except for Forsett there's not all of other options. He's no more than a RB4, but he's certainly worth drafting.

i'm in the 11th round and like 40 backs have gone.

does he still have a shot at starting?

Post 666 eh? :unsure:

But yeah, I'd take him anywhere after the 6th or 7th. A solid RB with decent talent in a situation where he'll have opportunity is great value that late. Could probably write him in for 60-70 yards and the occasional touchdown. He's probably in my top 30 backs. So if 40 are off the board, you're getting a steal. He's better than the available options for sure. :huh:

Post 666 eh? :unsure:

But yeah, I'd take him anywhere after the 6th or 7th. A solid RB with decent talent in a situation where he'll have opportunity is great value that late. Could probably write him in for 60-70 yards and the occasional touchdown. He's probably in my top 30 backs. So if 40 are off the board, you're getting a steal. He's better than the available options for sure. :huh:

fixed

Take Justin Forsett :huh:

Numbers don't add up. There would be some backlash to deal with if he gets cut, but I don't think he clears waivers, so he won't end up on the practice squad. Unless Branch goes on the PUP (possible) or Duckett gets cut (unlikely), they don't have enough roster spots to keep him.

What is the deal with the seatle RB situation? Morris is 1 on the depth chart but does juluis have a legit chance at starting or is it the ole RBBC all year. Holmgreen has usually give 1 guy the job?

I drafted him months ago as my number 3 back and have got more and more pessimistic about his season this coming year. Today I read something that had a glimmer of hope in this blurb from John Clayton who should know something about Seattle...I think he still lives there and covered them for years.

Q: Hi John, With all their injuries, whom do the Seahawks have left to play wide receiver besides Nate Burleson? Do you see them keeping more of their undrafted signees like Michael Bumpus to fill in the gaps until or if Deion Branch comes back? Will they make a trade? I'm really concerned about this offense with no veteran wide receivers healthy and a patched-together running back corps. Does Julius Jones have the ability to be an every-down guy?

Justin in Los Angeles

A: Somehow, they will get through this crisis. It's not out of the question for Branch to be ready for the opener, but don't count on it. Jordan Kent and Courtney Taylor appear to be moving toward more playing time, but it's not out of the question for the Seahawks to look for a veteran off the street to get them through the first month if Branch and Bobby Engram can't play. Bumpus is still a long shot for the roster, but he could make the practice squad. The running game looks good. Julius Jones should have a good season behind the offensive line.

:banana:

I think Seattle might realize that Alexander is still better than the crap they're throwing out there.