Sign in to follow this  
MattieO

Ryan Grant

Just read how the Packers are going to reduce Grants carries this season because they want a RBBC this year with Grant and Bradon Jackson.. So take it for what its worth..

Thats what i say!!

I tend to avoid guys who only have one good season on their resume unless they are very talented and play in a good situation. Green Bay is not the ideal situation so I passed on Grant.

300 carries is still a substantial amount nowadays.

300 X 4.5 (modest estimate) = 1350, plus add the hopeful increased number of receptions and rec yards.

If you liked Grant before this 'news' then you should still feel good about him.

The only thing that surprises me is that anyone is surprised. I picked Grant up last season as a free agent and, needless to say, gladly rode him the rest of the way. He was spectacular and I am a big fan. However, I didnt even try to draft him this year for this very reason. Did anyone really believe that they would leave a talent like Brandon Jackson rotting on the bench?

Brandon Jackson is terrible at pass protection and isn't anywhere near the effective slasher that Grant is, the two aren't even in the same league. Anyone buying this didn't buy Grant in the first place, and those crowing about it now are sadly trying to find support for their own assumptions. Meanwhile missing out on a great fantasy back, even if he carries the ball 280 times or so, until they'll impishly come around next year with their tails between their legs.

Just read how the Packers are going to reduce Grants carries this season because they want a RBBC this year with Grant and Bradon Jackson.. So take it for what its worth..

This post is completely misleading. Here's the actual story: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=787742

At no point does McCarthy say he wants a RBBC. He talks of limiting Ryan Grants carries to 20/game as opposed to 30 and getting him more touches in the passing game. Sounds like he might be more valuable in ppr leagues than previously thought. 320 carries is not a RBBC.

Very poor post sir, very poor indeed.

The only thing that surprises me is that anyone is surprised. I picked Grant up last season as a free agent and, needless to say, gladly rode him the rest of the way. He was spectacular and I am a big fan. However, I didnt even try to draft him this year for this very reason. Did anyone really believe that they would leave a talent like Brandon Jackson rotting on the bench?

hahahaha a talent like brandon jackson? thats hilarious.... if he was such a talent why did the packers feel the need to trade for and start a NYG practice teamer (Grant)? im a packer fan, and honestly, hes one of the worst running backs ive ever seen to be drafted in the 2nd round. i was really hoping hed be cut this offseason actually ha. id be happier with vernand morency as the backup.

no need to worry grant owners, even if it is rbbc, it wont last long after jackson puts up his astronomical 2.5 ypc.

grant = 1250 10tds 30 rec 350 1td

jackson = 80 carries 70 yds.... give or take

conclusion = brandon jackson is one of the worst running backs in the nfl today, sit down and watch him play sometime. youll see

brandon jackson will take cariesaway from Grant and that is if grant can stay healthy which looks to be a problem this summer. i can see him getting around 250-270 caries maybe something like 1075-1150 yards 8-10 tds....jackson should end up around 120 carries maybe something like 400-500 yards 3-4 tds......if they thought so much of him dont you think he would of gotten more money? his contract is not that great....just my opinion.....also i would of drafted him in the late 2nd early 3rd as a #2 rb

Grant only had 3 games last season where he had more than 20 carries (22,25,29). So this 'reduction' is not going to make a bit of difference in his fantasy production.

I tend to avoid guys who only have one good season on their resume unless they are very talented and play in a good situation. Green Bay is not the ideal situation so I passed on Grant.

Really?

A team with a solid young Oline, great talent at WR is not an ideal situation?

Ok.

This post is completely misleading. Here's the actual story: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=787742

At no point does McCarthy say he wants a RBBC. He talks of limiting Ryan Grants carries to 20/game as opposed to 30 and getting him more touches in the passing game. Sounds like he might be more valuable in ppr leagues than previously thought. 320 carries is not a RBBC.

In contrast, yours is a very good post sir, very good indeed.

Yes, in PPR league his stock just went UP. Makes sense that for a 'new' QB like Rodgers at the helm, you'd want the screen option available.

In contrast, yours is a very good post sir, very good indeed.

Yes, in PPR league his stock just went UP. Makes sense that for a 'new' QB like Rodgers at the helm, you'd want the screen option available.

Ugh...hopefully they improve on running that screen.

Back with Ahman they were a good screen team...but even in his last year or two and since then they have not been good running it.

How bout this for misleading?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines...L&hl=120972

I am still missing your "wanting a RBBC" statement. Did you make that up?

And I would almost always trust the actual source over rotoworld.

Don't just trust rotoworld's headline and think that is anything.

And I agree...nowhere does it say RBBC.

It says reduced carries per game. @20 per game that is still 320 carries and they want him more involved in the passing game as well.

And I would almost always trust the actual source over rotoworld.

Don't just trust rotoworld's headline and think that is anything.

And I agree...nowhere does it say RBBC.

It says reduced carries per game. @20 per game that is still 320 carries and they want him more involved in the passing game as well.

What do u think RBBC means? if the starter gets less carries to share them with someone else.. Thats what RBBC means

What do u think RBBC means? if the starter gets less carries to share them with someone else.. Thats what RBBC means

Is a guy who gets 320 carries and increases his work in the passing game in an RBBC?

300 carries WTF? That is more than I thought, I'm not sure what people are laughing at or saying "I told you so"

I had him getting around 260 carries so this actually bumps him up for me, I had him ranked as the 10th RB.

So this confirms to me that he is good pick and good value to me rather than downgrading him like some of you may reading the posts

where do u keep getting 320 from??

They said limited to "300"

that means upto

20/game x 16 games = 320

From the article:

"I don’t think he needs to carry it 30 times for us,” McCarthy said. “I don’t think he needs to carry it 25. I think 20 would be great. You have to be smart with a guy. You get him 20 carries a game, that’s being smart and productive. You can get him the ball some other ways through the passing game."

20/game x 16 games = 320

From the article:

"I don’t think he needs to carry it 30 times for us,” McCarthy said. “I don’t think he needs to carry it 25. I think 20 would be great. You have to be smart with a guy. You get him 20 carries a game, that’s being smart and productive. You can get him the ball some other ways through the passing game."

WOW so ur telling me you think he is going to get the ball 20 times EVERY GAME?? hahaha dont think so buddy.. lets use some sense now

20/game x 16 games = 320

From the article:

WOW so ur telling me you think he is going to get the ball 20 times EVERY GAME?? hahaha dont think so buddy.. lets use some sense now

that means upto

As another poster mentioned...it was the 16 X the 20 carries they claim they will limit him to.

Even at 300. This team ran he ball 388 times last year.

431 the year before.

Figure a split and you get about 400 carries.

300 carries to 100 carries split among Jackson and the other backs is not an RBBC.

20/game x 16 games = 320

From the article:

No...some games he might get more.

But you are the one who thinks even a 300 carry guy on a team with those WRs who will throw the ball alot is in an RBBC makes little sense.

Either you bought all the Brandon Jackson hype, or you are trying to devalue Grant because you have a draft coming up and you are targeting him.

Wow DUMB there should be some kind of test before people like this are allowed to post

No...some games he might get more.

But you are the one who thinks even a 300 carry guy on a team with those WRs who will throw the ball alot is in an RBBC makes little sense.

Either you bought all the Brandon Jackson hype, or you are trying to devalue Grant because you have a draft coming up and you are targeting him.

What Sho Nuff said. Plus, all I did was answer your question as to where 320 carries came from. WOW you are really ignorant, aren't you...buddy?

Nope.. my point was they were going to use two running backs.. thats all i said..

So slow your roll tough guy hahaa

that means upto

Are you really trying to argue that we should downgrade a guy who is projected (by his coach) to get 300 carries plus "more work" in receptions? I don't know what kind of projections you use but in mine I have 2 RBs (LT & Portis) projected to have 300+ carries. This site has 3 (LT, S-Jax, Lynch). I would love to see your projections where a 300 carry guy isn't valuable.

Nope.. my point was they were going to use two running backs.. thats all i said..

OMG, you are digging yourself a hole. Did you really think they were only going to use 1 RB? Can you please show me any team that only uses 1 RB.

Right on the money. I did the same thing last year. I even drafted Jackson super late in a 30 round, 12 team, start up dynasty league this year. :doublethumbsup:

Breaking News: Ryan Grant will not get 100% of the carries for the Packers this season. Backups Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, and DeShawn Wynn will spell Grant from time to time during the season.

Analysis: With McCarthy saying he wants to limit Grant's carries to only 20/game and get him more involved in the passing game, this has all the makings of a RBBC so adjust accordingly.

They will actually use more than 2.

That does not make it a committee.

Every team uses more than 1 back. There is no back in the NFL that gets 100% of the carries for their team.

Breaking News: Ryan Grant will not get 100% of the carries for the Packers this season. Backups Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, and DeShawn Wynn will spell Grant from time to time during the season.

Analysis: With McCarthy saying he wants to limit Grant's carries to only 20/game and get him more involved in the passing game, this has all the makings of a RBBC so adjust accordingly.

Ummm...Deshawn Wynn will not spell him as he was cut earlier this week.

;)

Wow DUMB there should be some kind of test before people like this are allowed to post

:lol:

:lol:

This whole thread is dumb and pointless. Grant isn't going to carry the ball 20 times a game over a whole season. I think that would have led the league in carries last season. That said, that probably wouldn't change his fantasy value much either. The only thing that will change his value is Rodgers and little else. The whole thread is not worth a whole lot.