Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Chris Perry

Is Chris Henry worth keeping on a roster or is it time to trade him while his value is high?

Which Chris Henry are you talking about?

If you're referring to the Bengals player...

- he doesn't even play the first 4 games, nobody's going to trade for him

- even after the first 4 games, don't see him being anything but a 3rd option

- now if CJ or TJ go down, then his value goes way up

Might as well hold onto him if you have an extra roster spot.

I still don' t get it.

Chris Perry has absolutely no trade value right now in any league of 14 or less owners. If you drafted him before round 13 you drafted him too early. If you drafted him rd 13 - 16, you drafted him in hopes that he would become the starter in Cin........and if he doesn't, you cut him quickly for the 1st waiver wire darling who comes along. End of story.

Exactly the same situation with Steve Slaton in Hou.

I still don' t get it.

Chris Perry has absolutely no trade value right now in any league of 14 or less owners. If you drafted him before round 13 you drafted him too early. If you drafted him rd 13 - 16, you drafted him in hopes that he would become the starter in Cin........and if he doesn't, you cut him quickly for the 1st waiver wire darling who comes along. End of story.

To say he has no trade value is absolutely untrue. A lot of people think he is going to be the starter. The fact that people believe he will start gives him value right now whether he actually starts or not. My question is, will he start or play enough to keep him on a roster or is it better to trade him now to someone else who is high on him.

Obviously, if you don't think he has value, that's one vote for trading him.

It's not like you were counting on your 13th rounder to make your season.

If he has a good game or two, trade him to shore up a weakness.

Given his Nick Eddy-type history, you're not going to feel comfortable riding him, so might as well try to get something back if he becomes effective.

As of today, his value is only slightly more than zero.

To say he has no trade value is absolutely untrue. A lot of people think he is going to be the starter. The fact that people believe he will start gives him value right now whether he actually starts or not. My question is, will he start or play enough to keep him on a roster or is it better to trade him now to someone else who is high on him.

Obviously, if you don't think he has value, that's one vote for trading him.

Unless someone in your league is absolutely convinced Perry will be the starter, I don't think he has any value right now. I'd wait until (if) he's named the starter, then trade him before he gets hurt.

Chris Perry will start. Marvin needs to try and do something to save his ass in Cincinnati, he should have been a goner last year. He is a dumbass and drafted Chris Perry instead of Steven Jackson, so I see him giving Perry an opportunity. With Rudi reportedly on the way out of town you shouldn't be worried about whether or not Chris Perry will get playing time, but worry about whether or not he can stay healthy for a season.

I don't see him doing much week 1 against Baltimore, but he'll have a few good games and you might be able to get something for him on the trading block.

Chris Perry will be given every chance to unseat Rudi BUT, he has to stay healthy. He's a better receiver than Rudi so he will see plenty of 3rd down passing opportunities. So, the only questions are, can he stay healthy and can he run the ball for positive yardage. I say yes and is ypa will be higher than Rudi's. IMO, he'll surprise people.

I still don' t get it.

He might have no trade value for FF beginners that dont have a clue , but for a FF shark this guy has huge upside ( If you know the game a bit ) the only bad thing is injury concerns besides he is runner like LJ.

I mean cmon , i would take him ahead of guys like Ricky Williams , Forte , K Smith , R Rice , F Taylor , Any texans RB , Morris of SEA or Jones .

He has the tools and a lot of upside. I picked him up as a free agent in my 12-team leauge in HOPES that something good might come of it.....same thing that I did with Grant last season. The key word here is "HOPES". Perry really has shown nothing spectacular in preseason, Watson still worries me even if Rudi is traded or injured, plus the entire Cincy offense seems highly ineffective so far.

Analysis: Unless the O-line can start actually blocking, and unless TJ and Ocho are actually healthy and effective, and unless Perry can rise and stay above Watson (and possibly Rudi) in the regular season, he will probably be just another media-driven, preseason hype machine that amounts to very little.....and that I will probably trade for some another wing-and-a-prayer like Hightower. However, that being said, HE DOES HAVE THE TOOLS......it all depends on the toolbox around him.

Now that we've clarified which Chris it is, I think Perry is trade bait. His value, as the starter and with Rudi On the Block, is at it's highest. His past history of injuries and the projected season for the Bungles aren't encouraging. If you can package him in a deal and get a solid #2 RB/WR in return I'd do it.

Kenny Watson was solid last year in place of Rudi so why he's not even mentioned in the picture gives me concern. Perry is no better than Watson and Watson proved himself last year.

Chris Perry

Bio

Ht: 6' 0" Wt: 224 Age: 27

Born: 12/27/1981, Advance, NC

College: Michigan

NFL Experience: 4th season

Drafted: 2004 - Rd 1

(26th overall by the Bengals)

Salary: $709,500

Rudi Johnson

Bio

Ht: 5' 10" Wt: 214 Age: 29

Born: 10/1/1979, Petersburg, VA

College: Auburn

NFL Experience: 8th season

Drafted: 2001 - Rd 4

(100th overall by the Bengals)

Salary: $3,750,000

kenny watson

Bio

Ht: 6' 0" Wt: 218 Age: 30

Born: 3/13/1978, Harrisburg, PA

College: Penn State

NFL Experience: 7th season

Salary: $1,150,000

Who's the youngest, biggest, and cheapest? Chris Perry. NFL is a business, rudi will find a new home or cut him.

Looks like it's Perry.
I need some more insight.Is CP a good pick up on waivers? Or will Watson be a better steal?

Jump on Perry and keep him if you are in a deep league. He played very well when healthy in his rookie year. He had some bad injury issues the last couple of years but he is healthy now. Grab him. Watson is a backup.

Asked Saturday if Chris Perry is "his guy" at running back now, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis responded "Obviously that's we are."

Lewis indicated that Perry will be a three-down back. "He'll be our starting back," Lewis said. "We have felt very comfortable keeping him in there on third down, so I think he'll log more playing time than anyone we've had back there for a while. He's never had that opportunity, so this is his chance." Aug. 30 - 8:13 pm et

Encouraging news for a CP Owner.

linky

got him very late in two leagues.

trying to trade him in one league, keeping him in another.

You must like the heart attack . Rooting for and against at once? props to your heart my good man.