Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Palin being unqualified to be VP doesn't mean that Obama miraculously gained experience.

The header of this post is "Palin being unqualified to be VP doesn't mean that Obama miraculously gained experience.",

Are you actually admiting Palin is unqualified?

First of all, Obama is more qualified than Palin. He was editor of the Harvard Law review, a civil rights attorney, a professor of constitutional law, a member of the Illinois state senate for seven years, and has nearly four years as a U.S. Senator, where he sat on the Foreign Relations Committee. Palin was mayor of a town with 6,000 residents and has less than two years as the governor of a state with a third the residents as the city I live in. If Palin were governor of another state you might have a point, but Alaska bears almost no resemblance to any other state in the union and faces very few of the same challenges. Palin not only lacks foreign policy experience, she barely has any public record of opinions on or interest in foreign policy. As of October 2007 she had no stated opinion whatsoever on Iraq.

But for the sake of argument though, let's say that Obama and Palin are equally qualified. Or according to you, equally unqualified.

Obama never made experience an issue. McCain did. For months and months and months, McCain has been saying that Obama is not qualified to be president. McCain has also been saying he'd choose a VP who would be ready to step in as president, which is more of an issue given his age and recent health. Now he chooses a vice president who according to you (and McCain) isn't qualified to be president and puts her a heartbeat away from the Oval Office at a time when we're fighting war on two fronts. What does that say about the value of McCain's words and his seriousness as a candidate?

Every vice presidential pick is partly governing and partly politics. You want a VP who offsets your weaknesses and will help you govern, but also a VP who helps you get elected. For example, Biden helps Obama on foreign policy and he could give him help among white working class voters in the Rust belt and Appalachia. On the other hand, Palin does nothing for McCain but help him get elected. She has nothing to offer him except for some credibility with evangelicals and a vagina. In short, the guy whose slogan is "Nation First" put his own candidacy first by selecting someone who's way out of her depth.

The worst part is, if all McCain wanted to do was get elected there were several qualified Republican women he could have picked as a running mate. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Olympia Snowe, Christie Whitman and Condi Rice come to mind. Sure the fringe right would have bristled at a moderate GOP woman, but the gains he could have made with independents could have more than offset that. Instead, he chose an unqualified women solely as a sop to Christianist mouthbreathers and a cynical pitch to disgruntled Hillary supporters. The worst part is, he barely vetted the woman and now the details of Palin's bizarro lifestyle and beliefs are going to kill him in November.

Finally, since when do Republicans care about experience? As of August 2008, more than 60% of Republicans still approved of the job Bush is doing as President. And he came into office after 40+ years as a drunk who ran business after business into the ground, followed by a figurehead position as Texor governor. Now you're telling me that Obama isn't qualified? After foisting the Bush disaster on the American public for the past eight years, I don't think McCain or any of Dubya's enablers are in any position to judge the relative merits of presidential candidates.

Just shut up and take your inevitable beating in November like a man. If it makes you feel any better, President Obama will be the one to clean up the mess Bush and the Republican party created, no doubt with you and the rest of them beetching like a bunch of old ladies the whole time.

:first:

First of all, Obama is more qualified than Palin. He was editor of the Harvard Law review, a civil rights attorney, a professor of constitutional law, a member of the Illinois state senate for seven years, and has nearly four years as a U.S. Senator, where he sat on the Foreign Relations Committee. Palin was mayor of a town with 6,000 residents and has less than two years as the governor of a state with a third the residents as the city I live in. If Palin were governor of another state you might have a point, but Alaska bears almost no resemblance to any other state in the union and faces very few of the same challenges. Palin not only lacks foreign policy experience, she barely has any public record of opinions on or interest in foreign policy. As of October 2007 she had no stated opinion whatsoever on Iraq.

But for the sake of argument though, let's say that Obama and Palin are equally qualified. Or according to you, equally unqualified.

Obama never made experience an issue. McCain did. For months and months and months, McCain has been saying that Obama is not qualified to be president. McCain has also been saying he'd choose a VP who would be ready to step in as president, which is more of an issue given his age and recent health. Now he chooses a vice president who according to you (and McCain) isn't qualified to be president and puts her a heartbeat away from the Oval Office at a time when we're fighting war on two fronts. What does that say about the value of McCain's words and his seriousness as a candidate?

Every vice presidential pick is partly governing and partly politics. You want a VP who offsets your weaknesses and will help you govern, but also a VP who helps you get elected. For example, Biden helps Obama on foreign policy and he could give him help among white working class voters in the Rust belt and Appalachia. On the other hand, Palin does nothing for McCain but help him get elected. She has nothing to offer him except for some credibility with evangelicals and a vagina. In short, the guy whose slogan is "Nation First" put his own candidacy first by selecting someone who's way out of her depth.

The worst part is, if all McCain wanted to do was get elected there were several qualified Republican women he could have picked as a running mate. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Olympia Snowe, Christie Whitman and Condi Rice come to mind. Sure the fringe right would have bristled at a moderate GOP woman, but the gains he could have made with independents could have more than offset that. Instead, he chose an unqualified women solely as a sop to Christianist mouthbreathers and a cynical pitch to disgruntled Hillary supporters. The worst part is, he barely vetted the woman and now the details of Palin's bizarro lifestyle and beliefs are going to kill him in November.

Finally, since when do Republicans care about experience? As of August 2008, more than 60% of Republicans still approved of the job Bush is doing as President. And he came into office after 40+ years as a drunk who ran business after business into the ground, followed by a figurehead position as Texor governor. Now you're telling me that Obama isn't qualified? After foisting the Bush disaster on the American public for the past eight years, I don't think McCain or any of Dubya's enablers are in any position to judge the relative merits of presidential candidates.

Just shut up and take your inevitable beating in November like a man. If it makes you feel any better, President Obama will be the one to clean up the mess Bush and the Republican party created, no doubt with you and the rest of them beetching like a bunch of old ladies the whole time.

:first:

Looks like MDC climbed back in the bottle. :cry: :unsure: :lol:

wonderful post mdc!

gocolts, you're in some sort of denial.

you're like that dave chapelle character that was head of the ku klux klan but was black.

wonderful post mdc!

you're like that dave chapelle character that was head of the ku klux klan but was black.

What denial is that???

i don't get that reference either. :thumbsup:

What denial is that???

i don't get that reference either. :doublethumbsup:

gocolts = clayton bigsby

that you support a party that doesn't support you. you represent exactly what the republican party despises.

:doublethumbsup:

Well said!

gocolts = clayton bigsby

that you support a party that doesn't support you. you represent exactly what the republican party despises.

I have seen that before. Pretty funny sh1t. I get it now. The GOP despises me...... :( :doublethumbsup:

:doublethumbsup:

You were doing pretty good until the part I marked. Unfortunately, the real problem exists that neither candidate can fix. Both Obama and McCain are tax and spend candidates from tax and spend parties. And what we need to turn this bad boy around is someone who can stand up to congress and say :nono: ENOUGH! No more programs, no more spending, no more nothing until we fix this whole damned country! :(

And if you want a middle mans perspective, the dems are as much a part of the mess as the repubs.

No matter who gets in, they are in for a serious arse whooping. The housing crisis isn't going away (with at least 3 years worth of bad loans still to balloon up), the war is a mess, The dollar is in the tank, the Euro is kicking our butt, the Chinese are out producing us, the energy crisis is only going to get darker, Medical costs, insurance costs, lawsuits, and the country is as divided as it as been since the civil war days. Whoever wins, has just won himself the worst freaking job on the planet. Cleaning up a mess creating by two failed party systems. Mike Rowe should do a Dirty Jobs show on the Shiite the Presidency has to deal with.

:overhead:

I have seen that before. Pretty funny sh1t. I get it now. The GOP despises me...... :( :doublethumbsup:

aww, but i don't despise you!

Rat's ass about experience. McCain's got a ton of "experience" and he's a blithering old fool. People who like Obama know that he's not very "experienced", and couldn't care less. I'll take a little "inexperience" with some brains and sound judgment over "experience" and completely moronic decision-making any day of the week.

wonderful post mdc!

peenie, MDC, in the past, has bragged about child molestation, commiting felonies, and other various illegal activities. While I tend to be a bit over the top, he doesn't. And you want to agree with this mental case.

Sigh. Be careful of who tends to agree with you.

Also, MDC posted a bunch of sh@t. We are all stupider for having read it. But I feel it's just easier to point out that MDC is a confessed child molester.

I agree with MDC :dunno:.

Seriously though, either experience is an issue or it isn't. I do realize experience helps and that was something that i didn't like about obama. I think the area it hurts him the most is foreign experience. He hasn't talked with a lot of foreign leaders. The most serious issues facing america are domestic issues and obama has been a public servant for a very long time so i'm not concerned with that. As to his foreign experience, i love the biden choice.

Would i want palin as a president? No focking way. Alaska is VASTLY different than most of america. I don't know her stance on anything. Forget international experience, she doesn't have any interstational (made up word) experience.

those who wrote the declaration of independence and constitution didn't have any experience in federal govt either

not to mention i haven't seen anyone anywhere use the logic that because palin is unqualified, obama is

and if someone in the media said that, they're stupid (logically speaking) and who cares anyway

I find it highly amusing to see that when Obama went to the mideast, the pics that were shown of him where him playing basketball with the troops.

I just saw Palin's mideast pic and she is shooting a M-16 with the troops.

So if McCain does kick off and Palin becomes president, who do I want running the country? Michael Jordan? or Sarah Connor?

I'll vote Sarah. :wave:

I find it highly amusing to see that when Obama went to the mideast, the pics that were shown of him where him playing basketball with the troops.

I just saw Palin's mideast pic and she is shooting a M-16 with the troops.

So if McCain does kick off and Palin becomes president, who do I want running the country? Michael Jordan? or Sarah Connor?

I'll vote Sarah. :dunno:

Well hell, if that's your mindset, vote for This Guy. He was more experienced that both and kicked the shiit out of your photo-ops. :blink:

Neither are qualified.

One is a black man, and the other is a woman.

The constitution prevents either from running for any elected political office.

You think George Washington or Thomas Jefferson would allow this to happen?

I find it amazing that either party is playing the "experience" card at this point.

I am personally sick of the issue. I was sick of it during the primaries. Now that Palin's on the McCain ticket it's back with a vengeance. :blink:

Some of the worst Presidents this country has had were highly "experienced" (see U.S. Grant) while some of the best had relatively little-to-no executive experience (see Teddy Roosevelt, no more 'executive' experience than Palin).

There is no Constitutional requirement for "experience" to become President. Both sides should STFU about it already.

peenie, MDC, in the past, has bragged about child molestation, commiting felonies, and other various illegal activities. While I tend to be a bit over the top, he doesn't. And you want to agree with this mental case.

Also, MDC posted a bunch of sh@t. We are all stupider for having read it. But I feel it's just easier to point out that MDC is a confessed child molester.

Nice try buddy. Sarah Palin's future son-in-law is a child molester. I just made an off color joke. I'm a "confessed child molester" like you're a confessed rapist murderer, Trig.

I know addressing the point of my post is asking a lot from a white trash Northeast Philthy piece of human dog sh1t like you philthybear but at least make an effort.

I stand by my post on "experience" and McCain talking out both sides of his mouth and his arse at the same time.

Nice try buddy. Sarah Palin's future son-in-law is a child molester. I just made an off color joke. I'm a "confessed child molester" like you're a confessed rapist murderer, Trig.

I know addressing the point of my post is asking a lot from a white trash Northeast Philthy piece of human dog sh1t like you philthybear but at least make an effort.

I stand by my post on "experience" and McCain talking out both sides of his mouth and his arse at the same time.

What? Finished diddling kids tonight, so you rushed over to the keyboard, puddinghead?

Philty, huh? Making fun of the town you choose to live in? OK, stupid.

:wub: Gawd Damn. :pointstosky:

What? Finished diddling kids tonight, so you rushed over to the keyboard, puddinghead?

Philty, huh? Making fun of the town you choose to live in? OK, stupid.

Are you finished raping women and dismembering the corpses, Trig?

The Northeast isn't really Philly. It's the disgusting white trash suburb where bigots and racists go to live with their kind in dilapidated flophouses, with all the crime and grime of a real city only non of the culture or anything worth living near. The entire borough smells like urine, all the women are fat, and all the men are fatarsed, cheese-steak stained wifebeater wearing mouthbreathers who project their self-loathing on more successful blacks and minorities. Like everyone else in Northeast Philthy, you are a steaming pile of peanut-filled doggie chit and a worthless scumbag loser who should do the world a favor and go gargle rusty tacks with Draino.

Are you finished raping women and dismembering the corpses, Trig?

The Northeast isn't really Philly. It's the disgusting white trash suburb where bigots and racists go to live with their kind in dilapidated flophouses, with all the crime and grime of a real city only non of the culture or anything worth living near. The entire borough smells like urine, all the women are fat, and all the men are fatarsed, cheese-steak stained wifebeater wearing mouthbreathers who project their self-loathing on more successful blacks and minorities. Like everyone else in Northeast Philthy, you are a steaming pile of peanut-filled doggie chit and a worthless scumbag loser who should do the world a favor and go gargle rusty tacks with Draino.

You live in a gang infested, drug war zone. But I don't wish for you to get shot in the crossfire outside your Section 8 housing.

You should get cancer, become a burden on anybody that gives a sh!t about you, and die.

i don't even care about the experience thing, palin is so far right she makes pat buchanan look like a socialist.

enough said.

It would be nice if Obama and McCain had tapped MDC and Phillybear for VP.

i don't even care about the experience thing, palin is so far right she makes pat buchanan look like a socialist.

enough said.

Yeah, all of the sudden her experience shouldn't be an issue.........................right after it has been demonstrated she has more than The Clown.

:banana:

:rolleyes: