Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Chris Johnson

I know its just one game, but that was a stout Jags D that Johnson was up against. Didn't look like an undersized third down back to me out there. Looked like a candidate for ROY to me! :guzzles Kool-Aid:

:overhead: :overhead:

I know its just one game, but that was a stout Jags D that Johnson was up against. Didn't look like an undersized third down back to me out there. Looked like a candidate for ROY to me! :guzzles Kool-Aid:

:overhead: :overhead:

Agreed. I have been big on him since Day 1. Glad I got him in my Dynasty League! :overhead:

Chris Brown had a similar week 1 last year. :overhead:

Agreed, one game does not a season, let alone a career, make. But you gotta admit that for his first NFL start, the kid looked legit.

1 - I didn't know there were haters. I was hoping the Packers would get him. His speed and hands create serious matchup problems for a lot of teams. Very dangerous.

2 - Everybody's on this guys nuts right now. Good grief, I've never seen so much manlove for a RB........oh wait........Jerious Norwood.

3 - Let's wait 3/4 more weeks before officially handing him the ROY please.

Over at the other site I was on record as slotting him 3rd among RBs, behind Stewart and Mendenhall for rookie drafts. That was well before Fisher came out so strongly in support of Johnson as a feature back.

I got him at #7 in my rookie draft, and right afterward thought I made a mistake in not taking Ray Rice (who I think will be a feature back sooner than later), but was content knowing I got a player with the skills CJ3 has.

I was talking about Faulk-like skills back then, but will refrain now. I'd rather sit back and enjoy the season, confident that I got a keeper.

Anyone see him run inside Sunday? I didn't get the game, so unsure how he looked in traffic.

Over at the other site I was on record as slotting him 3rd among RBs, behind Stewart and Mendenhall for rookie drafts. That was well before Fisher came out so strongly in support of Johnson as a feature back.

I got him at #7 in my rookie draft, and right afterward thought I made a mistake in not taking Ray Rice (who I think will be a feature back sooner than later), but was content knowing I got a player with the skills CJ3 has.

I was talking about Faulk-like skills back then, but will refrain now. I'd rather sit back and enjoy the season, confident that I got a keeper.

Anyone see him run inside Sunday? I didn't get the game, so unsure how he looked in traffic.

He looked real good running inside, he has a burst for sure. He was into the second wave of defenders before the line could get off of there blocks. He is by far the best playmaker the Titans have right now. Hopefully he will stay injury free and I could see 1500 total yards and 9 TD's as the median stats. I wish I would have put on my homer glasses and drafted the kid. I alredy had McFadden though and kept passing on CJ. As good as McFadden is, I think CJ will easily have better numbers at year end.

situation has a major role here. Stewart and CJ3 certainly fell into good situations. McFadden went to a terrible situation for getting large numbers of carries what with Fargas running strong, and there being a need to pass constantly

situation has a major role here. Stewart and CJ3 certainly fell into good situations. McFadden went to a terrible situation for getting large numbers of carries what with Fargas running strong, and there being a need to pass constantly

Good point. I guess Forte and K. Smith are even better situations. I don't think a lot of McFadden from what i've seen so far.. but with Fargas running well and versatile and the Raiders sucking donkey balls.. he's gotta fight an uphill battle for sure. He will get a ton of carries as the season goes on though.

Chris Brown had a similar week 1 last year. :thumbsup:

Chris Brown cannot be mentioned in the same thread as Johnson. The talent level isnt even close.

Well...I AM A HATER!!!!

I hate the fact that I started White over him and lost week one by less than the difference in scores.

:lol: :music_guitarred: :mad:

Well...I AM A HATER!!!!

I hate the fact that I started White over him and lost week one by less than the difference in scores.

:mad: :wall: :mad:

I may start both this week. With VY out, and the Titans D absolutely raping the Bengals O, I figure both will see 20-25 carries this week, and the Titans Oline will be blowing the Bungles off the ball all day.

Well...I AM A HATER!!!!

:mad: :wall: :mad:

I did the same thing and lost by 2 points.

I was hoping the Packers would get him. His speed and hands create serious matchup problems for a lot of teams.

Are your referring to his exceptionally small hands that have caused him to have ball control issues?

He looked real good running inside, he has a burst for sure. He was into the second wave of defenders before the line could get off of there blocks.

No doubt in seeing those holes he burst through you noted the absence of the exceptionally large man now clogging the middle of the Bills D-line.

anybody have any news on his injury?

Cramped up, went to locker room for an IV/fluids, was in the next GL series but didn't get any touches.

He blocks like you would expect a former slot WR to block. If he has trouble holding onto the ball like he has in the past, there are two reasons why he may not be a FT every down back this year.

He has exceptional speed, but lacks the shifty feet or vision to find a crease that other rookies have already demonstrated. On days when the O-line is opening up gaps he will burst through and look like the second coming of _________ (fill-in your all-time fav RB here).

Just temper your enthusiasm with the knowledge he was the collegiate Devin Hester before he found a home as a feature back one year ago. That's the scary part - he's only in his 2nd year playing exclusively at RB and he's already this good. He is a great raw talent, and has incredible playmaking skills, but he may take some time to develop into the complete package.