Sign in to follow this  
enis_44

Really, after one week give me a reason

Seriously.

D is totally back and healthy

Qb play is MUCH improved and better than ever

Running game is off the charts now with Walter2.0.

Terrible Division will = first round bye and home playoff games

Plus we still have Hester.

Seriously.

So who made this alias to pretend to be like Sweetness? :headbanger:

As a Bears fan I thoroughly enjoyed the week one win. Forte looked great. D looked good again. Hopefully Orton can continue with limited mistakes and make some big plays when needed. I'm hopeful they continue to build on the week 1 success, take it one game at a time and make it back to the playoffs. But way too early to tell.........

Well..I can tell you two reasons....

GB and Minn......Both are far better teams and defense. Both have better running backs, better QB's, better WR's.

Seriously.

I will give you several reasons!

Cowboys

Packers

Vikings

Giants

Eagles

Saints

Well ... he had 23 carries for 123 yards & generally did look good. But take away the 50 yard run where they surprised (and knocked) the hell out of the Indy D Line, and you get a YPC of 3.17. Hardly Walter2.0.

Well ... he had 23 carries for 123 yards & generally did look good. But take away the 50 yard run where they surprised (and knocked) the hell out of the Indy D Line, and you get a YPC of 3.17. Hardly Walter2.0.

That is the single dumbest thing people do around here. Why don't we go back and take away everybody's long runs then see how they do? Dumb dumb. Long runs are PART of the average. Do you really think that there is a back out there who gets 6 yards every single freaking time he touches the ball?

Let's stop faulting backs for having break away ability.

You know, if you take away all of the Colts scoring plays, they pretty much got shutout Sunday night.

I think their offense is in real trouble. I'm trading all my Colts asap. :overhead:

That is the single dumbest thing people do around here. Why don't we go back and take away everybody's long runs then see how they do? Dumb dumb. Long runs are PART of the average. Do you really think that there is a back out there who gets 6 yards every single freaking time he touches the ball?

first off people do this when its telling. like when the majority of your runs are under 4 yards then its a slight cause for concern. Especially when you had 23 carries.

secondly, way to overreact after 1 game. the bears D is much improved (see healthy) but Orton is still the QB and you still have some zero's at WR. Your still the third best team in your division and have the Cowboys, Giants and Saints outside the division

they wont make the playoffs; if they did so, they wont play 4 teams in a row that have a rusty qb, battered o-line, and crappy rush defense. :pointstosky:

Seriously.

The D was good...against a QB who had not practiced at all.

QB play had to be improved...though, he still did very little and won't be able to win them games when they need it (and the D is not that good...they will need it)

Running game is off the charts because of one game? And don't even try comparing him to Walter.

Despite that one game, there are still major question marks about how that Oline will handle a better defense.

Terrible division with 2 teams that are still better than Chicago. No first round bye...and probably no playoffs if you really look at it.

Yeah...what did Hester do? He can be neutralized (take a guess one of the reasons GB dropped their bigger footed punter for a guy who can kick directionally much better)

No, I wouldn't expect anyone to get 6 yards every carry. But when 1 carry almost doubles your total yardage and is the difference between Cedric Benson like #'s and Walter Payton like #'s, perhaps you might want more evidence of greatness before proclaiming someone as the second coming!

No, the single dumbest thing is people that start ignorant threads such as this one.

Seriously.

One reason, one reason? There have been several listed already that answer that question and they are all valid but here's another they are Chicago Bears circa 2008 not circa 1985.

Seriously.

Ahhhh......they SUCK !!!!!! :pointstosky:

I will give you several reasons!

Cowboys

Packers

Vikings

Giants

Eagles

Saints

Cowboys and Giants are easily much better right now.

Packers - Rodgers keeps playing like he did week 1, yes they are better (but they did go 0-2 against the Bears last year)

But not sure why everyone is so sure that the Eagles, Vikings and Saints are guranteed to be so much better than the Bears. :pointstosky: The Bears did go 7-9 last year not 3-13 like some of you act like. The same record as the Saints who they beat week 17 last year with Orton starting. Vikes and Philly were both only 8-8 last year. Bears also beat Philly with McNabb last year.

I agree their offense pales in comparison to the Saints and Eagles but that doesn't mean they are better teams. We'll see how it plays out but after 1 week Bears look to have as good a shot as anyone of these teams..........

First , Forte does nt have breakaway ( That known ) ability that was a fluke run . So wait a few weeks before you can even tell that Forte is even a NFL RB .

Orton is one of the worst QB in the NFL ( But we saw the Ravens win the SB with Dilfer , but they had Lewis who was the best RB in the NFL at the time ).

I think they might get into the playoffs but we will have to see if Forte and Orton are for real .

They get crushed by the Panthers in week 2 and the panick begins to set in...

:shocking:

my thinking as well....They lose by at least 10

Seriously.

No, you're not.

They're better than last year, but it was one game. The Giants lost the first two last year.

It could be worse?

Atlanta Falcons - 2008 Wild Card Team

See, about here my initial feeling that you were kidding, fishing, or delusional was pretty much confirmed.

And that ended any remaining doubt.