Sign in to follow this  
IndyFan

LT

as an LT owner i am hoping he does not practice and just rests it to be full go for monday night... a player of his calibur can step on the football field and do pretty much anything without practice. they might be a little rusty but its better in his case to be fully rested.

he did not practice on thursday

LaDainian Tomlinson-RB- Chargers Sep. 19 - 12:00 pm et

LaDainian Tomlinson is encouraged that the swelling has dissipated in his jammed right toe.

LT said the toe is better than it was after the Denver game Sunday, but his status for Monday's game is still up in the air. He has the calendar working for him as yesterday's missed practice is like a normal missed Wednesday. Check back later today for Friday's practice update.

Source: North County Times

How do you sit your #1 draft pick overall??!!

I am skittish about putting him in my lineup this week. I put Julius Jones in as a replacement vs. Rams but keep hoping to see something about LT being 100% for Monday night....

currently starting kevin smith over LT. the fact that the chargers are playing on monday night makes LT even riskier than he already is due to the fact that any last minute news leaves you totally screwed.

How do you sit your #1 draft pick overall??!!

you go by what we have seen in the first 2 weeks and if you don't feel LT is healthy enough to produce like a starting fantasy back, you swallow your pride. the season is too short

The San Diego Union Tribune from Sept 19 at 4:30 pm:

"Running back LaDainian Tomlinson and left tackle Marcus McNeill are listed as questionable for Monday night's game against the New York Jets.

Now, that's accurate if what the Chargers are saying is it's questionable how much each will play.

Tomlinson, whose sprained big toe limited him to 10 carries last week, looked good in his limited action Friday. It was the first time he has practiced this week, and he is still limited going side to side. It likely will depend on how he feels Monday whether he gets as many or more carries than he did against the Broncos."

Being a LT owner, I am still iffy about whether he is truly getting most of the work on Monday.

LaDainian Tomlinson-RB- Chargers Sep. 19 - 5:55 pm et

LaDainian Tomlinson (questionable, toe) was present for the start of Chargers practice Friday, but wound up being "limited" in the workout.

Tomlinson reportedly "looked good running and even cutting, at least at individual-drill speed" during the early portion of the practice. This report comes from Kevin Acee, who just said on NFL Network that Tomlinson might not get more than 10 carries in Week 3. Acee does write that Tomlinson "is expected to be limited Monday night against the Jets." If you have good other RB options, use them over LT2.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Luckily for my I have Sproles and we can change players out up to 5 minutes prior to the start of their game. I could go with Stewart of K. Smith, I will most likely play the rules in our league and play Sproles.

Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee said on NFL Network's Team Cam program that he expects Darren Sproles to get more carries than LaDainian Tomlinson on Monday night.

Acee said Tomlinson's toe is too painful for him to consistently push off and make moves horizontally. Acee also indicated that LT2 may only get around 10 carries against the Jets, just like last week. Sproles should be in lineups as a flex or RB2, particularly in points per reception leagues. He is a potent threat out of the backfield. Sep. 19 - 5:50 pm et

The above repeats what's already been said but does add a bit more. I'm in the same boat here and I'm very seriously looking at sitting him and playing Sproles.

The above repeats what's already been said but does add a bit more. I'm in the same boat here and I'm very seriously looking at sitting him and playing Sproles.

same situation here. my other option is playing j-stew vs minn but im not a huge fan of that matchup

I am glad that I have Sproles so if LT doesn't play I have someone. Also have Kevin Smith and might have Forte by Sunday if a trade goes through. If he isn't healthy would prefer to see him sit until he is so he is healthy. Playing him and not getting points sucks.

Now what the heck is going on here???

I noticed on Rotoworld under NFL Headlines (which I'd quoted above):

Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee said on NFL Network's Team Cam program that he expects Darren Sproles to get more carries than LaDainian Tomlinson on Monday night.

Acee said Tomlinson's toe is too painful for him to make moves horizontally and predicts that LT2 may only get around 10 carries, just like last week. It's a difficult situation to handicap, but Sproles looks like the better play. We don't have either player in our top-25 now, but Sproles looks like a better flex option. Sep. 19 - 5:50 pm et

Then looking under Player News I see this listed all of five minutes later:

LaDainian Tomlinson (questionable, toe) was present for the start of Chargers practice Friday, but wound up being "limited" in the workout.

Tomlinson reportedly "looked good running and even cutting, at least at individual-drill speed" during the early portion of the practice. This report comes from Kevin Acee, who just said on NFL Network that Tomlinson might not get more than 10 carries in Week 3. Acee does write that Tomlinson "is expected to be limited Monday night against the Jets." If you have good other RB options, use them over LT2.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

How can Acee report that he looks "good running and even cutting" yet state "his toe is too painful for him to make moves horizontally" - isn't part of running moving horizontally?

It is a little confusing, but I guess what you take out of it no matter what is that LT will be limited on Monday. I'm kind of wishing I'd dealt him earlier this week for another 1st round RB and a top receiver, and I may try to do so before Week 4 if he's continuing to improve at a very slow pace.

Some of the things I have been reading seem to suggest he won't be anywhere near 100% until the bye week 8.

i am hoping he doesn't play. i will not be starting him either way. i will run with mjd instead. also, for what it's worth, i will not be starting sproles in another league where i grabbed him off waivers. bush and bwb seems no brainer... i would like to deal sproles, but the lt2 owner doesn't have anything i want. it's really almost that bad, but now i am telling you things you could care less about. take the week off landainian.

It would be nice if Norv just benched LT for this game and gave Sproles the full load. Then I could start Sproles with confidence and LT will have an extra week to get back to his old self.

Well, for all the LT owners who also have Sproles, now that Sproles is a late addition to the injury report with a hammy problem what do you do? I personally put Kevin Smith in there and will live with the decision. After all neither Tomlinson nor Sproles is Stephen Davis so I guess you can bench them but alas, that is another story from another era.

NFL coaches never want to give up information. Whatever is said about LT's injury is part of the gamesmanship, whether it's more or less serious than they're saying. If it really is feeling better, the Chargers have an excuse to pretend it's bad so the jets have to guess whether he'll be in there or not. Mangini might have to spend a little more time preparing for packages with Sproles rather than focus solely on LT. (Though they probably have similar packages for their styles).

Anyway, think Belechek and Shanahan -- nothing that comes out of their mouth in regard to an injury is completely accurate.

LT could be playing opossum...or he's really banged up...none of us will really know until after the games are played.

NFL coaches never want to give up information. Whatever is said about LT's injury is part of the gamesmanship, whether it's more or less serious than they're saying. If it really is feeling better, the Chargers have an excuse to pretend it's bad so the jets have to guess whether he'll be in there or not. Mangini might have to spend a little more time preparing for packages with Sproles rather than focus solely on LT. (Though they probably have similar packages for their styles).

Anyway, think Belechek and Shanahan -- nothing that comes out of their mouth in regard to an injury is completely accurate.

LT could be playing opossum...or he's really banged up...none of us will really know until after the games are played.

So you think it is entirely possible that LT's turf toe, a notoriously nagging injury which held him to minimal carries and yardage last week, somehow miraculously healed? Honestly? I hope you're right. Realistically, I am not sure. Seriously, I hope we can revisit this on Tuesday and I am eating crow (but still managed to win my fantasy game despite Tomlinson riding the pine :)) but I think he will have another subpar week due to the limitations caused by the injury. I was OK with it since I have Sproles but now with Sproles also reportedly being gimpy I will just make the safe play and start Smith against a somewhat soft Niners run D. That way I don't get stuck on Monday night with two options both who have documented injuries having left a healthy option on the bench. I figure no matter how I do it, it will end up with me saying I should have done it the other way. :unsure:

Well, for all the LT owners who also have Sproles, now that Sproles is a late addition to the injury report with a hammy problem what do you do? I personally put Kevin Smith in there and will live with the decision. After all neither Tomlinson nor Sproles is Stephen Davis so I guess you can bench them but alas, that is another story from another era.

I'm making the same move.

I'm making the same move.

I just put in MPittman to replace Sproles, who replaced McFadden.

Oy

So you think it is entirely possible that LT's turf toe, a notoriously nagging injury which held him to minimal carries and yardage last week, somehow miraculously healed? Honestly? I hope you're right. Realistically, I am not sure. Seriously, I hope we can revisit this on Tuesday and I am eating crow (but still managed to win my fantasy game despite Tomlinson riding the pine :)) but I think he will have another subpar week due to the limitations caused by the injury. I was OK with it since I have Sproles but now with Sproles also reportedly being gimpy I will just make the safe play and start Smith against a somewhat soft Niners run D. That way I don't get stuck on Monday night with two options both who have documented injuries having left a healthy option on the bench. I figure no matter how I do it, it will end up with me saying I should have done it the other way. :music_guitarred:

I'm saying I'm not sure. I do know that there are differrent levels of being injured and i do know that coaches in the NFL like to play games with the information they provide or don't provide. Would it completely shock me if LT ran for 160 yards and 3 td's on Monday night after saying his toe hurt all week? No, it wouldn't.

kinda the same news but per ffchamps.......

Ladainian Tomlinson, SDC OK

took in limited practice reps on Friday, but he’s expected to start. He will likely not get the FULL load with Sproles getting some of his touches.

LaDainian Tomlinson-RB- Chargers Sep. 21 - 1:53 am et

LaDainian Tomlinson (turf toe, questionable) practiced on Saturday. In a surprising late move, Darren Sproles was added to the injury report as probable with a hamstring injury.

Sproles is still slated to face the Jets. Coach Norv Turner said LT looked good, but, "the issue is sustaining it and how long it feels that way." Tomlinson seems unlikely to play a full game or top 15 touches. Neither Charger is a great RB2 at this point. LT could still carries between the tackles, including goal-line chances.

Source: North County Times

Revisitng the Sam Adams good descision of the week since I got a whopping 0.7 pts from Smith. Instead of being down 15 with Tomlinson/Sproles and Jammer going tomorrow I am down 14.3 with just Jammer. Serves me right.