Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Antonio Bryant and Brandon Lloyd...WW Gems?

Waiver Wire Gems? Or Fools Gold?

Bryant went 10 for a 138

Lyoyd 6 for 124 and a TD

Are either of these guys gonna be solid from here on out? Or just one week wonders?

Waiver Wire Gems? Or Fools Gold?

Bryant went 10 for a 138

Lyoyd 6 for 124 and a TD

Are either of these guys gonna be solid from here on out? Or just one week wonders?

Bryant Im gonna say Maybe

Lloyd no way in hell

Bryants' been getting alot of looks each game,but he's had trouble with drops so far.Not a bad #3 or #4 WR to have

I remember when the Cowboys drafted AB, there was a lot of optimism, loads of talent, but a head case.

With Galloway hurting, wonder if AB is going to put it together and take advantage of the opportunity.

I will say if Tampa continues to throw 70 times a game, I would think he would be solid

:music_guitarred: :doh:

Devin Hester and Joey Galloway will be back either sooner or later and cut into the opportunities for Lloyd and A.Bryant. They look like nice pickups this week though if you have the room on your roster. My rosters are stacked so I'll pass.

I live in Chicago and am a huge Bears fan. I wouldn't be surprised if B Lloyd puts together a good year. This isn't saying much, but the Bears offense is looking better than it has in a long time. That in a large part is due to M Forte, but Orton is also making much better reads. Lloyd is his favorite target. I am certainly not suggesting that Lloyd is going to be a WR1, but will be higher end WR3 most weeks and a couple times he will be a WR2. Not a bad roster spot to plug in as needed. He looked good yesterday and this was against a solid Bucs defense. I wouldn't be too worried about Hester coming back and stealing his touches/looks.

someone dropped Bernard Berrian in my league last week, and I'm considering dropping Galloway for him. I have owens, santana and galloway on a bye at the same time. Bryant intrigues me, but he'd have the same bye, and I wonder if Frerotte will start helping Berrian's production...

Pick up Antonio Bryant and ride him....Sometimes a change of team and coach can change a player.....He is getting the looks and started in Galloway's slot yesterday.

If Bryant keeps playing like this, he will be the main WR in Tampa...Gruden pulled Garcia and put in Griese. Gruden will put the best players out there that give the Bucs the best chance to win. So far Antonio Bryant has had one big game but it could be the beginning of more to come...Pick him up and ride him for now.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/09/bucs-banged-up.html

Brandon Lloyd was supposed to be the next great 49er receiver (Rice, then T.O., then Lloyd, right?). He has great hands and showed flashes of brilliance but really couldn't compete against some of the top tier corners - he's not a big T.O./Brandon Marshall type or a Steve Smith/DeSean Jackson sprite. He's built like Donald Driver which sort of means that he's got to work hard and do a little extra. But he never really put it together and seemed more interested in establishing a rap career in 2004 than becoming a premier receiver. And I'll never forget one game that I was watching where he was running a slant into the middle of the field and sensing someone about to hit him, flat out knocked the football down instead of catching it and taking the hit. Maybe things have changed with him but I kind of think of him as a guy that had a lot of talent but just wasn't willing to work hard enough to be a star.

someone dropped Bernard Berrian in my league last week, and I'm considering dropping Galloway for him. I have owens, santana and galloway on a bye at the same time. Bryant intrigues me, but he'd have the same bye, and I wonder if Frerotte will start helping Berrian's production...

cmh... on bryant, i believe that bryant was moved to split end, as opposed to flanker (which, i believe is galloway's spot) so.... isn't that moved designed to play BOTH galloway and bryant together? by the time galloway returns griese might already be looking to the split end route...

I'm not exactly a Brandon Lloyd fan, but he's gotten 9 targets 2 games in a row, so I may just throw a bid on him to keep the pine warm as my WR5...

They may get blown out by Philly, but after that it is DET, ATL, MIN, DET the next four games. Two games against Det are probably worth the pickup if you have the room.

Devin Hester and Joey Galloway will be back either sooner or later and cut into the opportunities for Lloyd and A.Bryant. They look like nice pickups this week though if you have the room on your roster. My rosters are stacked so I'll pass.

If Lloyd becomes a special teams return guy then Hester might affect him...otherwise he has nothing to worry about.

Hint: Hester is not a clear-cut WR! He'll get some shots there...obviously, but nothing worth talking about.