Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Ford says Millen should leave the Lions

DETROIT - Bill Ford Jr. has seen enough of the way team president Matt Millen is running his father's Detroit Lions.

The Ford Motor Co. executive chairman spoke to reporters Monday after a Detroit Economic Club meeting. The vice chairman of the Lions said he was disappointed in the team's performance and said fans deserve better.

When asked, Ford said Millen should leave the team, but he didn't have the authority to make such a significant change.

His father, William Clay Ford, is the owner and chairman of the franchise.

The Lions are 0-3 this season and an NFL-worst 31-84 since hiring Millen, who won Super Bowls as a linebacker and was an acclaimed TV analyst but had no front-office experience when he was hired in Detroit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/w...0,7025456.story

You would think this would cause dancing in the streets of Detroit.

I think it would add to the misery of Lions fans. Not only do they have the worst organization in football, but a guy that is soooo close to actually making the decsision to fire Millen simply can't cause his old man is still alive!

If you were Matt Millen wouldn't you say to yourself "enough is enough". I can see after two-three years.....you can visualize your plan and see it taking effect. After, what is it now...7 years, they have continously gotten worse and worse! You would think he would walk away and go back to TV or something?!

Biggest idiot in all of sports. He makes Al Davis look like a managing genius!

I think it would add to the misery of Lions fans. Not only do they have the worst organization in football, but a guy that is soooo close to actually making the decsision to fire Millen simply can't cause his old man is still alive!

If you were Matt Millen wouldn't you say to yourself "enough is enough". I can see after two-three years.....you can visualize your plan and see it taking effect. After, what is it now...7 years, they have continously gotten worse and worse! You would think he would walk away and go back to TV or something?!

Al Davis is a genius, he has won like 3 Super Bowls, third most among NFL owners.

Al Davis is a genius, he has won like 3 Super Bowls, third most among NFL owners.

Was a genius. But he's been dead for years now.

Ford says Millen should leave the Lions, In other news, water is wet. Film at 11.

:unsure:

it's simple, bill: go to court and get guardianship over your senile, crazy, homo-loving-millen father and then fire millen yourself.

grow a focking pair already.

i can give you 5 million reasons why millen won't step down voluntarily.

Ford Sr won't fire his good buddy Matt.

Ford Jr has no say and he's the one who pushed for Millen originally, as long as the sheep come to graze at ford field and fill the Fords pockets we're stuck with the genius of the Ford/Millen run Lions.

Ford Sr won't fire his good buddy Matt.

Ford Jr has no say and he's the one who pushed for Millen originally, as long as the sheep come to graze at ford field and fill the Fords pockets we're stuck with the genius of the Ford/Millen run Lions.

Then why fill their pockets?

I hear it all the time with Lions fan, the truth is...they are just the same as Ford. IF you can't stand Millen and the Lions then DON'T ATTEND THE GAMES, DON'T WATCH THEM ON TV, DON'T BUY THEIR MERCHANDISE and MOST important...DON'T FILL THEIR POCKETS!!!