Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

What Does It Take To Move Brandon Marshall?

Not for sale.

It would depend on a teams scenario. If they are deep at WR and Marshall could yield an LT or Westbrook, its probably worth it in redrafts. As a Marshall owner, I wouldnt trade him for anyone. I actually think he is going to be more lethal as the season progresses. :cry:

He's a player that looks immortal right now. Every owner is going to want to world for him, so your best bet is to wait for him to have an off week. The posts in this thread are proof of how over valued he is. Even if he puts up Moss type numbers he still isn't worth MBIII, Westbrook, Bush. I mean come on... :dunno: Are you going to take Marshall #1 overall next year? :dunno:

What you cant seem to grasp is many of us have the players you mentioned already. I own Barber, Portis, C. Perry, J Stewart... Why the fock would I trade marshall for bush or westy? I have Warner/Rodgers as my QB's, why would I trade for Manning/romo etc. There is NO ONE in the league I would trade him for. I simply dont need the boost at other spots.

What you cant seem to grasp is many of us have the players you mentioned already. I own Barber, Portis, C. Perry, J Stewart... Why the fock would I trade marshall for bush or westy? I have Warner/Rodgers as my QB's, why would I trade for Manning/romo etc. There is NO ONE in the league I would trade him for. I simply dont need the boost at other spots.

The guy is a monster....if you watched the san diego vs denver game he flat out destroyed and owned Cromatrie. And that guy is supposedly a top corner in the league.

The guy is a monster....if you watched the san diego vs denver game he flat out destroyed and owned Cromatrie. And that guy is supposedly a top corner in the league.

one league trade was

Brady Owner: Traded Marshall, Perry,Cassel

for Rivers, Owens, and Cris Johnson

I'll play this game.

I have Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Greg Jennings, and Kurt Warner & Jason Witten, McFadden, Slaton, Perry, Favre, Palmer, Cotchery on the same team: 12 team ppr, 1-keeper, 6 pt passing TDs.

Oh, and my 10 team league ppr redraft...drumroll..........Cutler, Westbrook, Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Kellen Winslow (and a sweet bench too). Best team ever!

- I'd consider either LT or All Day for Brandon Marshall, that's about it, and I'd have to think about it.

8th pick in a 10-team league..

Cutler, Barber, Portis, Marshall, Andre, Cotchery, Bowe... I'm not sure if I'd take anything for Marshall

Wait, I wanna play too!!!

Cutler/Rivers, Lynch, Turner, Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson and Marques Colston...TE is the only position where I don't have at least 2 spots on my roster in the top 8.

*10 team league in it's 7th year...and I drafted everybody there except Colston, who I promptly snagged after he was dropped. Also have Jonathan Stewart, Kevin Smith and Chris Perry, just for good measure*

I also should have answered the actual question...my Cutler/Marshall combo is pretty much untouchable at this point. I'd consider trading Marshall plus a 3rd RB for a top RB and 2nd tier WR...but it would have to a really good offer of like Barber, Gore, ADP, Westbrook, etc...

I'm not quite as stacked as some of the other teams mentioned but my 10 team redraft roster is:

Favre

Delhomme

Barber

Portis

Marshall

Fitz

Andre Johnson

Owen Daniels

Julius Jones

LenDale

Edge

Slaton

Roddy White

Anthony Gonzalez

Folk

Ten D

I lead the league in points but sit at 1-2 in the standings.

No way I'd trade him straight up for any player.

I'd have to be decimated by injuries to move him, & it'd have to for be 2 solid starters. Like a Turner & Jennings package or something.

I hate to repeat the consensus but I have Cutler, Westbrook, and Marshall. I would not move any of the 3 at this point in the season. Anyone else on my team I would discuss.

This is a dynasty league. All players are keepers and hopefully MArshall/Cutler can form a very happy relationship. Rest of team as follows.

Cutler/Shaub/Cassel

Westy/ MJD/ Buckhalter/R. Rice/ K.Smith/ K. Lumpkin

Marshall/ R. White/ R. Brown/ B Engram/ J. gage/ K. Curtis

McMichael/ A. Smith

R Bironas

Indy D/ Car D

I could use upgrades at TE and possibly Def. We start 2-3 RB and 2-3 WR (2 of each with a flex). I have been going 3 RB with 2 WR although I may switch that this week. I drafted alot of youth when we started and its paying off earlier than I thought it would.

Rechtien

I somehow just got Marshall for Damon Huard and Anthony Gonzalez. We start 2 QBs and I guess he needed big time help there. Now I only have 2 QBS to start and got a bye week next week for Favre. This is purely a Points Based League. I figured I'd take the chance and start only one QB next week and take the hit, if I can't trade for another QB.

I somehow just got Marshall for Damon Huard and Anthony Gonzalez. We start 2 QBs and I guess he needed big time help there. Now I only have 2 QBS to start and got a bye week next week for Favre. This is purely a Points Based League. I figured I'd take the chance and start only one QB next week and take the hit, if I can't trade for another QB.

Smells like BullSHIT to me!!!

This is what it takes to score Marshall right now in a REAL league where big boys play:

I give:

ADP

Andre Johnson

Chris Johnson

Brandon LLoyd

for

MJD

Marshall

J. Stewart/ D. Williams

O. Daniels

It's a point per reception league where I am currently 0-3 with guys like R. Moss, 85, Colston and Shockey. Shockey went down so I made the move to get Danies in the deal to replace him (my backup is V. Davis and he's unacceptable). I'm confident that in PPR MJD can play like a borderline #1 for me and I can use C. Perry or Stewart in matchups as my #2. It hurt like a SOB to give up Peterson in the deal, but this is Marshall's true cost right now.

No BS, I'm still stunned at the trade myself. But I will gladly take it :thumbsup: (it was his offer by the way) :overhead:. Besides, what's the point in lying about a fantasy football trade?

...I turned down a big offer in my keep 2 league. Barber and Westbrook for Gore and Marshall. I already have AP and we only start 2 RBs, so having a 3rd stud RB on the bench doesn't make up for losing Marshall.

As always, it depends on the offer. It would take a lot, though, even though in the league I have him (12 team redraft) in I am deep at WR.

B Marsh

AJ

Megatron

S Smith

B Johnson

My RBs are decent, although I do have MBIII, so I'd think another top 5 RB would be my asking price since I believe that B Marsh will put up those kind of numbers throughout the year (he is the uber-stub WR this year, IMO, even better than TO). Problem is, no one would give-up a top 5 RB for him, so he's probably untradeable.

Was just offered AD & Braylon for Grant & Marshall.. am I high for hesitating on this?

I own Cutler.. love the combo.. but my team prob. ain't gonna go too far, as is.. and I have potential busts of the year SJax & Grant in tow and would love to divest my clunker portfolio.

Randy Moss

Last year's Randy Moss, that is...

In my PPR (keep 2) league, he's untradeable, IMO. I already have Lynch,Bush,SJax, so I don't really see any trade out there I would be willing to make.

There is no general answer to this question... It all depends on wants and needs. I own Marshall in two leagues:

One league I have (10 teams, and yes I drafted with 2nd graders... at least that's what I told them all after the draft because they were all terrible) in, I am 3-0 and first in points by A LOT:

Brees, Cassel

Bush, Lynch, LenWhale, Chris Johnson

Marshall, Calvin Johnson, Boldin, Colston (dropped), Harrison

Winslow

Akers

DEN D, NYG D

Basically, there is no way I trade Marshall from this team. You would have to pry him from my cold dead hands.

In the other league (12 team) I have, 1-2... yet 2nd in total points:

DAnderson, Campbell

MBIII, Perry, Ricky Williams, Chester Taylor, Felix Jones

Marshall, Braylon, Engram, Branch

LJ Smith, Dustin Keller

Longwell

PHI D

Obviously this team has not been performing at several positions. I have two bonafide studs in Marshall and MBIII, but have holes everywhere else. This may be a case where a 2 for 1 is worth it. Somethingalong the lines of Portis, McNabb, and Greg Jennings for Marshall, Perry and Campbell could easily be better for my team, and it's a pretty fair trade IMO (ppr league)... especially if I go down to 1-3.

Cutler/Rivers, Lynch, Turner, Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson and Marques Colston...TE is the only position where I don't have at least 2 spots on my roster in the top 8.

*10 team league in it's 7th year...and I drafted everybody there except Colston, who I promptly snagged after he was dropped. Also have Jonathan Stewart, Kevin Smith and Chris Perry, just for good measure*

Who else is in your league, the cast of The View?

d. anderson and b edwards for marshall, just went through in my league.

In my league, Anderson and Edwards (A&E) combined for 14 points in week 1. Marshall 0

Week 2 A&E combined for 7 points, Marshall 25.

Week 3 A&E combined for 8 points, Marshall 24.

I own Marshall. :headbanger:

Was just offered AD & Braylon for Grant & Marshall.. am I high for hesitating on this?

I own Cutler.. love the combo.. but my team prob. ain't gonna go too far, as is.. and I have potential busts of the year SJax & Grant in tow and would love to divest my clunker portfolio.

I think you should wait this out. Jackson may bust but I think Grant will pick it up.

Who else is in your league, the cast of The View?

I can't help it if I are more smarter than e'rybody in my league... :thumbsdown: QB run went early, I waited it out. Everybody started scambling for RB's after that and I took the value at WR. 10 team league, 8th overall. We drafted when Marshall was still looking at 2-3 game suspension, so he fell to 5th. Only shocker was when Colston was dropped, which isn't such a huge surprise because we don't have IR spots. I had more than enough @ WR to drop Sidney Rice as my 5th and sit on Colston for a while. Andre has been a disappointment so far but he's about to hit his easier part of the schedule, just in time for bye weeks for the other guys.

Marshawn Lynch

Reggie Wayne

Andre Johnson

Michael Turner

Brandon Marshall

Kevin Smith

Jay Cutler

Jonathan Stewart

Santana Moss

Chris Perry

Philip Rivers

FWIW...Elisabeth Hasselbeck's team is pretty strong too... :lol: Again, right now Cutler/Marshall are untouchable on my team.

Thanks for the guidance Crawfish.. I actually play the guy this week and it would hurt me head to head.. I could really use a win as i'm 2-1, in a weak division and want to win a few before I play the best teams.

While the total points crown ain't gonna happen.. I'd like to keep a puncher's chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. It's hard not to love Denver's late schedule versus the pass .. and maybe.. SJax, if he's not too broken or demoralized can become a solid #2 and Grant maybe a solid, low #1. If Steve Smith can have a few big games like he's capable.. I can beat a few of the better teams in my league.

AD is such a tempting piece of fruit, but his injury history.. and I mean, just being dinged and a little less effective, not even missing games, has me worried a bit.

I may really regret passing on it a couple weeks.. but that's FF. Purely from an enjoyment standpoint.. I LOVE watching Marshall play. He nearly breaks every first couple tackles he encounters on every play.

I think your Delirious! He is unstoppable...plays in a weak ass division. Has a beast of a Qb throwing to him! Right now in PPR leagues he ranks right up there with Gore, Bush and Barber. And thats only with 2 games under his belt. If he wasnt suspended this guy is NUMBER 1 right now. This guy is a lock for 120plus receptions, 1500 to 1800 yards 15-18 td's

I'll grant you that he's the #1 WR going forward; it's debatable, but I'll concede that point just for the sake of arguing the real point. Let's say he even puts up similar numbers to what Moss did last year, or to save me from looking it up, let's go with your 1800 and 18 TDs; he's certainly not a lock for those numbers, as he could be facing other disciplinary action, but let's say he achieves them. That's what 288 points in a non-PPR league?

You're telling me that MBIII won't be good enough to put up those numbers? You really think LT, Westbrook, and in PPR even Bush won't approach those numbers? This one WR is so good that you have to have a top tier RB AND a stud TE or QB? Even if he were the lock you say to put up the high end of your numbers, I'd trade him for a top tier RB in a heartbeat.

And if we look at Moss numbers last year as the statistical aberration they were, and if we recognize that every other year the top WR is in the neighborhood of 250 pts (again, non-PPR), and this is for a 16-game season. Not only that, but there is rarely a disparity as great as the one Moss had last year between himself and the other top WRs, so your top RBs are going to be comparatively better than your top WR.

And, as was pointed out earlier by another poster, you guys are all basically saying Marshall should be the #1 overall pick in a fantasy draft. You have to be kidding!

I'm not saying he's a sell high candidate, because he'll likely post good numbers the rest of the way. But let's be realistic. If you can get a top RB for any WR, take it while you can.

I think your Delirious! He is unstoppable...plays in a weak ass division. Has a beast of a Qb throwing to him! Right now in PPR leagues he ranks right up there with Gore, Bush and Barber. And thats only with 2 games under his belt. If he wasnt suspended this guy is NUMBER 1 right now. This guy is a lock for 120plus receptions, 1500 to 1800 yards 15-18 td's

Oh, and one more thing. No NFL WR is unstoppable. If a defense wants to shut down a WR, it can be done by almost any pro team, it's just a question of how much they want to commit to stopping him. He's good, but he's not unstoppable.

one league trade was

Brady Owner: Traded Marshall, Perry,Cassel

for Rivers, Owens, and Cris Johnson

And the owner that traded Marshall away got the better overall value in that trade.

i own Marshall AND Barber (was mentioned as another untouchable) and am 1-2 thanks to some craptastic play by my other WR's.

*if i told you my other RB's you would cry at how this team is 1-2

I feel ya, Im 1-2 with both those guys and LT. :pointstosky:

I suppose those numbers are possible if Denver plays every game this season at home, against teams that can't put any pass pressure on the QB and have poor pass defences. And no, the Chargers getting three sacks against the porous Jets O-line doesn't mean much to me. That defence isn't the same without a juiced up Shawne Merriman, and showed it against the Broncos. :dunno: