Sign in to follow this  
Dragan187

1-3 Teams Out There

You panickin?

ridin the storm out?

totally revampin your squad by trading?

giving up?

what?

Got a couple of owners in my league who need to make some moves. I wanted to get a "feel" and get my gameplan going.

I'm not sure to be honest. I have two very big commodities in MBIII and Brandon Marshall, but this really isn't the best week to trade them (after what I feel are sub par performances). Still with little else (other starters include Braylon, Engram, and Branch) on my team... I may be better served to trade away one of thse big guns and spread the wealth a bit.

I'm not sure to be honest. I have two very big commodities in MBIII and Brandon Marshall, but this really isn't the best week to trade them

You serious? I'd be chomping at the bit to get either of those two. Bad weeks or not.

Palmer

Housh

Santonio

Lynch

Jacobs

J Stewart

Owen Daniels

Prater

Charger Defense

Bench:

Delhomme

Ward

Deangelo Williams

Norwood

O'Sullivan

I'll be 1-3 unless Holmes can get me 17 points tonight. I'm ready to pull the panic buttom though. I've been fielding trade offers all day. I'm hoping I can get an upgrade a WR. Starting off the season this way is a nightmare, especially considering I've won my league title 2 years in a row. :thumbsup:

Not sweating as of yet...my squad has been very disappointing, and I'm hoping there's better days on the horizon. Plus, it helps knowing that the 2 leaders of out league are 3-1 after this week.

Where's the thread for the 0-4 teams like myself??? :thumbsup:

I'm looking to shake things up here. By no means giving up, but looking a little more towards the future no question. This season has been a disaster so far.

You panickin?

ridin the storm out?

totally revampin your squad by trading?

giving up?

what?

Got a couple of owners in my league who need to make some moves. I wanted to get a "feel" and get my gameplan going.

Not Panicking yet. We bring 6 of 10 to playoffs, so I think I still have a good shot at making the playoffs. Only game I won, was by 1 point.

QB: Edwards

QB: Kitna

RB: Addai

RB: MJD

RB: Slaton

RB: Rice

RB: D. Williams

RB: Kevin Smith

WR: Fitz

WR: SMoss

WR: Housh

WR: Steve Smith (car)

WR: Royal

TE: Gonzo

D: Titans

K: Longwell

Housh and MJD are riding pine. I was really looking forward to the season, thought I was set. I'm getting scored upon like mad. I'd like to upgrade my QB but nobody is willing to work with me unless the rob me and I'm not letting that happen. Addai and Slaton are done with byes so at least I have that going for me.

'08 BiPolar Bears:

Rivers

Gore

Brandon Jacobs

Thomas Jones

Larry Fitzgerald

Jerico Cotchery

Jeremy Stevens

Longwell

Steelers D

Bench:

T. Brady (We go keeper next year)

T. Edwards

T. Hightower

Chambers

T. Holt

I thought I had a good squad. :sadbannana: I am told that Thomas Jones has some good matchups coming and I wouldn't get anything for his sorry a$$ anyway. Jacobs has been weak. I guess I'll just ride it out and hope for better weeks. I could use Holt on the WW...Hightower may see action real soon in place of T. Jones.

:thumbsup:

Throw my hands up... sigh... put my team on auto pilot and concentrate on the other league.

My team could rebound and make the playoffs... but we're pretty bad. I've made every correct lineup move possible... and I'm 1-3 and 2nd to last in points.

I'm 1-3 and I have lost the last 3 games by a combined 24 points! One player seems to have a dud week and totally blows it for me. Unfortunately it is a different player every week...BARBER killed me this week....who will it be next week I wonder?

I think I'm mostly going to stand pat. I started 0-3, but beat the rest of the league by about 20 points this week. LT came alive, Braylon actually got a score, and Slaton even tops DeSean as my best waiver wire grab of the year. If I can move my backup (Garrard) or find a way to move Thomas Jones and one of my receivers for a little boost, I might. If I can find a way to finesse my way to Witten from Tony Gonzalez, I might do that. Now that my team is acting a little more like what I expected when I drafted it, I'm inclined to ride things out a bit and see what happens. I go up against the Marshall/ADP/Chris Johnson/Witten owner next week, so my fate might be sealed no matter what moves I make. Maybe I'll use a bench player or Jones to try to buy low on an underperformer (Ryan Grant? Ocho Cinco?) since it's not a huge risk.

too much talent on my team to give up and possibly too much to shake things up too greatly but I may look to make some deals especially for a WR.

notables on my team include Marshall, MBIII, LT, Addai, Cutler.... im third highest total point scorer. admittedly i have started the wrong players at flex each week and its really hurt me

will either be 2-2 oe 1-3 after tonight depending on who Big Ben throws more balls to.

Delhomme, CPalmer, TEdwards

RBush, S. Jackson, L. White, R. Mendenhall, T. Hightower

San. Moss, Andre Johnson, GJennings, P Crayton, B. Engram

K Winslow

Kasay

Eagles

At this point, I think I've just had some rough luck. Haven't been outscored by the best team every week, but haven't played a stinker or had a gimme game yet. If I could just pull the trigger on sitting R. Bush (non PPR) or Jackson on the right week, I'd be 3-1 instead. Oh well.

So basically sitting tight, although I'd like to get rid of Bush or White, esp. if Mendenhall plays well tonight. Am also probably gonna drop Carson this week.

This thread reminds me of why I'm thankful to be in a total points league.

One really good week and your right back in the thick of it :pointstosky:

I will only participate in head to head non money leagues just for fun.

Lost one of my games by one point. Had plenty on my bench in another loss. Just unlucky so far. Plus P. Manning and Addai have not gotten going yet. Seen guys come back to win it all with even worse records so I am not worried.

Standing pat myself. Getting a bad run of cards right now that I have to ride out. Luck has got to break sometime. I'm second in the league after this week in total points but I'll be in 8th place with the 1-3 record. My team is pretty good but Grant and AJ are killing me. Under performing douchebags need to man up and start screaming for the rock.

I'm in 4 leagues: I'm 3-1 in 2 leagues (highest pts overall in 1 of those). BUT, I'm 1-3 in 2 leagues, too, and have the highest pts in 1 of those as well. :rolleyes:

The 2 leagues I'm 1-3 in, I really feel I have solid teams and will probably just ride them out, although I could use a QB in one of them.

12-team, PPR, 3 player keeper (if one is a rookie):

Starters:

Palmer

SJax, Portis, CJ3

AJ, DeSean

Gates

Nedney

Bills

Bench:

Hasselbeck, R Fitz, B Quinn

T Hightower, P Thomas, L Betts

Colston, Galloway, B Johnson, J Morgan

12-team redraft, standard, no TE

Starters:

Warner

MBIII, CJ3

B Marsh, AJ, Meagtron (S Smith - rotate all as starters depending on matchup/bye week)

Longwell

Titans

Bench:

Rodgers

Hightower, Perry, Watson

B Johnson

Bironas

Cowboys

Highest in pts in this league and 1-3. Mainly because I started the wrong guys last week.

So, I'm standing pat.

I'll be working the WW to try and get back in the race. Maybe make some trade offers. 1 - 3 is way too early to give up.

#2 in total points in a 12 teamer yet 1-3.

If it could go wrong, it has, so I'm riding it out banking on the law of averages to give some of that luck back.

Guest cklennon

12 team redraft non PPR

McNabb/Ryan

Portis/Forte/Stewart/Slaton/MBush/Mewelde Moore

Braylon/Colston/Welker/Bryant Johnson

Heap/Carlson

Scobee

Dallas

I just lost this week by less than a point (thanks Heap!)

I picked Carlson and Mewelde off the WW (bye bye Heap)

I just picked up Branch for B Johnson, hopefully he can get in there this week...

But the big move I just made was trading Portis for Marshall. I was working the phones all day today once losing and going 1-3 was a distinct possibility, realizing that I HAD to make a move at WR (Braylon and Bryant--with Welker on bye and Colston out--got me <9 points combined this week) and I think I made a pretty good deal. I give up my stud RB but I have pretty good depth even though most of them are unproven

My plan is hopefully to win most of the weeks until Colston comes back, then try to trade Braylon or Colston plus one of my remaining RBs for a stud RB down the stretch.

#2 in total points in a 12 teamer yet 1-3.

If it could go wrong, it has, so I'm riding it out banking on the law of averages to give some of that luck back.

Same here buddy.

I'm #1 in total points in 10-team league, 1-3 record, 7th place.

I was 0-3 and then overhauled completely. Won last week and nearly broke the league scoring record. If I had gotten the Titans DST a couple weeks ago instead of standing 'pat' with the Pats I would have broken the record. I have no idea where I'm going from here but at least I improved. Gotta do something.

The below is my lineup from just before I overhaulled.

Warner, Kurt QB

Jacobs, Brandon RB

Johnson, Larry RB

Holmes, Santonio WR

Wayne, Reggie WR

Williams, Roy WR

Scheffler, Tony TE

Rackers, Neil K

Patriots DST

Rodgers, Aaron QB

Bush, Michael RB

McFadden, Darren RB