Sign in to follow this  
Corky76

So which Manning is the better one now?

Don't get me wrong, I think both of the Manning's are great NFL QB's but ever since the Superbowl the media has been in love with Eli and have relegated Peyton as the 2nd best Manning. Really? Until Eli can put up the consistent #'s that Peyton has through the years I don't buy it. I think with Peyton making the #1 D in the league look like the Lions last week and now Eli making the Browns look like Buddy Ryan is back - people will shut up for a while!

Yeah they each have 1 superbowl win and Eli has the more recent but if Peyton was given half the D that Eli has had, the Colts would have 3 rings! :overhead:

Try living in Mississippi. People here blow the Mannings constantly. What you hear on those broadcasts are a daily thing here. It never ends, and you can't avoid it. Eli this, Eli that. Even Peyton and he had NOTHING to do with Mississippi. At least I can understand Archie since he wen to Ole Miss and played for the Saints. Just makes you sick to your stomach.

I was thinking the same thing last night. Eli has essentially had half of a good season and they're elevating him to Peyton status. Typical New York hype.

i'd say that sums it up nicely.

:cry: Eli has one bad game and you want to take away his top QB status. IMO he is still the best QB in the league and an obvious HOF entry

:cry: Eli has one bad game and you want to take away his top QB status. IMO he is still the best QB in the league and an obvious HOF entry

Agreed. Even ESPN had a national poll on the screen last night. Eli won the percentage vote as well as the total state count vote. If you don't agree that Eli is the better QB than you hate America and Democracy. Just sayin'

Agreed. Even ESPN had a national poll on the screen last night. Eli won the percentage vote as well as the total state count vote. If you don't agree that Eli is the better QB than you hate America and Democracy. Just sayin'

:cry: yea, who voted? prolly the same people that dont know who MB3 is but know that Tony Romo is dating jessica simpson.

:cry: :banana: :banana:

:cry: yea, who voted? prolly the same people that dont know who MB3 is but know that Tony Romo is dating jessica simpson.

Ha ha well put - and if anyone actually believes Eli is the better QB, obviously doesn't know football...Eli had a solid start to the season riding the wave from winning the SuperBowl, while playing cakewalks STL, Cincy, Seattle, and Cleveland (that he sucked against). On the other hand, we have a QB coming off of 2 surgeries, not playing a single snap until the season starts, with 1/5 of his OLine in place against stingy Chicago, Minny, Jacksonville, Houston, and Baltimore defenses. So maybe people should look at a little larger body of work then 5 games into a season. And if you really do wanna look at this year, it's obvious the Colts are back destroying the best DEF in the league, while the Giants sucked it up against another should-be cakewalk.

So who's better?

What I saw last night was the same Eli as early last season, locking in on WR, making some questionable decisions and hurting his team with his turnovers. For crissakes, he threw two INT's inside the Cleveland 35 last night and an incomplete pass on 4th and 2 from the Cleveland 6. I know it's just one game, but I agree that the media has been WAY too quick to shower this guy with praise. He's got a great team around him on both sides of the ball, there's no reason he shouldn't succeed.

America has spoken and Eli wins. :wave: Why don't you go to China, you Commie Bastards! :wub:

I was thinking the same thing last night. Eli has essentially had half of a good season and they're elevating him to Peyton status. Typical New York hype.

That is why the little weasel did not want t play in San Diego because he wanted the media hype and bigger endorsement deals.

He's become pretty good, but Eli still throws several WTF?!?!? passes every game that somehow don't get picked off, even though he threw them RIGHT to the defender. Peyton has never been like that.

Last night some of those WTF?!?! passes caught up to him.

He's become pretty good, but Eli still throws several WTF?!?!? passes every game that somehow don't get picked off, even though he threw them RIGHT to the defender. Peyton has never been like that.

Yeah, right.

Nick Collins, 62 Yd interception return (Mason Crosby kick is good), 12:28.

Aaron Rouse, 99 Yd interception return (Mason Crosby kick is good), 4:27.

5-1

3-3

Elisha > Melon Head