Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Will Kurt Warner be in the Hall of Fame

I say yes. I think his career, and where he came from speaks volumes. The guy has won everywhere he has played. He has put up great numbers with the Rams and Cardinals. I want to hear what you think. I know some of you are probably on the fence on this one.

I would say no off the top of my head, but would have to check his stats. He got off to a very late start. How many years has he had Pro-Bowl caliber seasons, maybe 3 or 4? I understand he won it with the Rams years ago, but he has not really done much since then. That being said, he has had a great career for someone who was stocking shelves at one point.

I checked his stats. No way he gets in.

Two great years with the Rams, 1 good one with Arizona and a good one this year. He is 37. If he were able to play 3 more years after this one and throw 90 tds and go for about 12,00 more yards maybe, but I doubt he will accomplish that.

My buddy has a rule for the HOF:

"If you have to think about it, he's not a Hall of Famer."

So, no.

However, Canton's induction rules are dumb, with their 5 player minimum.

Being a top five vote getter is a lame way to get in, some years.

I say yes. I think his career, and where he came from speaks volumes. The guy has won everywhere he has played. He has put up great numbers with the Rams and Cardinals. I want to hear what you think. I know some of you are probably on the fence on this one.

Clearly you are not a Giants fan. This guy had 12 fumbles, 4 interceptions, and 39 sacks in 10 games. He looked completely inept... almost mentally handicapped. As far as winning there... no he didn't do much of that either.

If Matt Leinart was starting over you at any point in your career, then even your head coach wouldn't vote you in.

My buddy has a rule for the HOF:

"If you have to think about it, he's not a Hall of Famer."

Couldn't agree more.

There are lots of players, in every major sports HOF, that I would say don't belong there. Hall of Fames are reserved for the best of the best.

Warner is a very good player and is at the level just below a hall of famer. He has a ring and played in two Superbowls as well as having two league MVPs. He has achieved more than most QBs but he is clearly not a HOFer.

Clearly you are not a Giants fan. This guy had 12 fumbles, 4 interceptions, and 39 sacks in 10 games. He looked completely inept... almost mentally handicapped. As far as winning there... no he didn't do much of that either.

I remember him as a Giant. If I remember correctly Eli looked that way as well for two years until that O-line gelled/rebuilt after Warner was let go. Everyone described Eli as inept, mentally handicapped, and many other wonderful comments until last years Super Bowl run. You are correct he did not win there for that reason and a few others.

This goes out to all of you football historians out there. I love what the previous poster said about, "if you have to think about it than you are not a HOFer."

This might sound extremely stupid just trying to find ways to defend Warner, but isn't Plunkett from the Raiders in the HOF? I could be totally wrong, but I thought he was inducted. When I look at someone that is HOF caliber I look at two things.

1). Did this person win every game his team should win, and did he find ways to win games that weren't suppose to be won.

2). Did he redefine a position.

Examples of both:

1). John Elway first comes to mind. The best clutch QB of his era.

2). Hines Ward (homer) I know. He changed the way wrs are received with his blocking. Because of that he should be a HOFer.

2). Hines Ward (homer) I know. He changed the way wrs are received with his blocking. Because of that he should be a HOFer.

This is dumb.

He didnt redefine anything. He is just one of the few that actually liek to block in todays game. Back in the day most all WRs blocked and it wasn't looked at as some big thing.

isn't Plunkett from the Raiders in the HOF?

No. I knew he was no hall of famer, but you made me have to look.

72-72 in his career. 164 td, 198 int.

Not as good as Kurt even.

Though he is a mighty figure in my mind. He and the Raiders were the ultimate just as I was taking an interest in pro sports.

Griese...192 tds, 172 ints and 25k yds 77 rating

Namath...173tds, 220ints and 27k yds 65 rating

Aikman...165tds, 141 ints and 33k yds 81 rating

Staubach...153tds, 109 ints and 23k yds 83 rating

Warner...166tds, 106 ints and 26k yds 94 rating....and still counting

All have won superbowls...

Just saying....

Griese...192 tds, 172 ints and 25k yds 77 rating

Namath...173tds, 220ints and 27k yds 65 rating

Aikman...165tds, 141 ints and 33k yds 81 rating

Staubach...153tds, 109 ints and 23k yds 83 rating

All have won superbowls...

Just saying....

When you look at QBs and HOF now, you can't compare numbers to older generation QBs. Aikman has 3 SBs. The rest were in an age of the run. No Qbs from those eras outside of Unitus are even on the same page in the stat book as the leaders. It was a different time.

Just saying....

Brad Johnson 166 Td's 120 ints and 28K yds 82.7 rating

Phil Simms 199 TD's 157 ints and 33K yds

Both have 1 Superbowl "win" too.

Think Warner was easily better than both in his prime but don't see him getting in the HOF.

I was actually thinking about this for the past few weeks, too. I'm in Phoenix, and the local sports talk have been bringing up the possibility of Warner winning another MVP this year. The Cards will need to actually win some games on the road, but if they win the division and Kurt finishes with 4000+ yards and 30 or so TDs...why not? Then you'd be looking at a 3 time MVP with a ring that got a late start. While their stats aren't totally similar, he might be in the same boat as Steve Young...late start, a handful of great years, MVPs, super bowl champ, 30,000 yards passing, 200 TDs (give or take). I'd love to see him voted in, though. The guy is all class.

1). John Elway first comes to mind. The best clutch QB of his era.

The first three Super Bowls Elway played in were each losses. Not exactly what I'd call "the best clutch QB of his era".

Getting back to Warner:

A story of inconsistency

For those that think he should be in the Hall Of Fame, have a look at his stats in 2000, and from 2002-2006. Then look at his FUMBLES. I would argue that three (and a half - counting this year) superlative statistical years + six years of mediocrity do not equal HOF.

The first three Super Bowls Elway played in were each losses. Not exactly what I'd call "the best clutch QB of his era".

I believe he's referring to alot of the games (regular season/playoffs?) where Elway came from behind to pull it out of his azz.

That being said, I think since Mr. Ed is his father, Elway's a shoe in.

He may not make the real hof, but he gets my vote for the fantasy hall of fame. :dunno:

I agree, the guy has won me championships and $$$$ going back many years.

He carried my team again this week, can't ask for more. Luckily I've been able to miss his bad years and capitalize on the good ones.