Sign in to follow this  
pitsteel

besides fftoday, which wesite do you use

besides fftoday, whcih website out there, there are planty, give you the most ACCURATE rankings for weekly matchups, plus a brief write up as to why

I've seen my fair share of FFToday mistakes. They aren't nearly as piss poor as Rotoworld's so called experts or profootball talks rankings, but they don't get everything right. So in the spirit of fairness every week when I need to know what the experts pick I go to:

cbssportsline

espn

cnnsi

fftoday

kffl

rotoworld

profootballtalk

And list where they have my players ranked and give each of them an equal voice. If its a matchup toss up and I don't know which way to go I go with the highest average player. None of these places has the others beat hands down from what I've seen.

The crowd here at fftoday is much much much better then anywhere else, but the experts they aren't perfect

footballguys.com its a paid sub but these guys know their stuff :thumbsup: by the way, the forums are free if you are just looking for another board to discuss football.

footballguys.com its a paid sub but these guys know their stuff :doublethumbsup: by the way, the forums are free if you are just looking for another board to discuss football.

:nono:

I site a frequent is http://fantasysportscentral.com/football.

They give an average of projections from 10 individual sites. It really helps to determine a consensus versus 1 idividulas picks. Like all projections you still have to go with your gut even though 10 others have decided on a consensus pick. :doublethumbsup:

Two winners in this thread. The first was the one that pointed out that there are no accurate rankings. Everyone one of them will have errors. Therefore, I think the best plan is to average them together and fantasysportsportcentral does that, both for rankings and for projections. An average rankings of 10 sites is likely more "accurate" than the ranking of any one site. Their average projections are done with four sites, also likely more accurate than any one site.

Though rankings and projections are based on past success, opponent, teams, situations, everything...it's still only an educated guess and still only that...a guess.

You seen one you seen them all.

Most are pretty similar. I have noticed ESPN be a bit more bold in its projections and not the usual top 20 week in and week out.

Because I know football, I trust my gut and brain more than the talking heads but I do like to read them for stimulation and entertainment.

I scan them just for injury updates, etc. They consistently list Boldin way lower than he should be even heading into this week. Certain sites latch onto to certain players and keep pushing them. It took a plethora of sh!tty games over two seasons AND the guy losing his starting job before they stopped pimping Vince Young. I think they still have him in the top 20.

My weekly 'ritual':

Daily:

1. Read Rotoworld.com Latest NFL Player News.

2. Read (skim) all daily articles indexed from Fantasysportscentral.com Fantasy Football Daily Planner - all the top articles written for the week from multilpe internet sources are captured there. I especially like Pigskin Addiction stat projections because they come out first (usually Tuesday), Fantasy Sharks weekly Projections (Wednesday), Bruno Boys weekly ranking (by position) and several others that have not only the ranking, but their REASONS for ranking them where they are.

3. Read (skim) Footballguys.com 'Shark Pool' Forum for topics of interest. Best message board by far IMO. Sorry, Mike.

4. Read FFToday.com Forum for topics of interest.

Later in the week:

1. Consult Fantasysportscentral.com Average Weekly Cheatsheet which, as mentioned above, averages weekly cheat sheets from 10 Fantasy sites. You can also exclude certain sites from the averages to get re-averages without the excluded sites. Awesome tool.

2. Listen to all Lammey/Bloom podcasts from footballguys.com

Gameday:

1. 11 am central - Skim KFFL.com Breaking News for actives/inactives by team announced an hour before game-time.

2. Get any late updates from Footballguys Shark Pool Forum.

During the games:

1. Monitor the Injury Report Thread from the Shark Pool Forum.

2. Monitor the Game Center for all games in progress at NFLcom.

3. Switch between chanels for all games on TV in my area - I don't buy The Sports package from my cable company.

If you do even half of this stuff, you almost can't help being one of the top competitors in your league.

My weekly 'ritual':

Daily:

1. Read Rotoworld.com Latest NFL Player News.

2. Read (skim) all daily articles indexed from Fantasysportscentral.com Fantasy Football Daily Planner - all the top articles written for the week from multilpe internet sources are captured there. I especially like Pigskin Addiction stat projections because they come out first (usually Tuesday), Fantasy Sharks weekly Projections (Wednesday), Bruno Boys weekly ranking (by position) and several others that have not only the ranking, but their REASONS for ranking them where they are.

3. Read (skim) Footballguys.com 'Shark Pool' Forum for topics of interest. Best message board by far IMO. Sorry, Mike.

4. Read FFToday.com Forum for topics of interest.

Later in the week:

1. Consult Fantasysportscentral.com Average Weekly Cheatsheet which, as mentioned above, averages weekly cheat sheets from 10 Fantasy sites. You can also exclude certain sites from the averages to get re-averages without the excluded sites. Awesome tool.

2. Listen to all Lammey/Bloom podcasts from footballguys.com

Gameday:

1. 11 am central - Skim KFFL.com Breaking News for actives/inactives by team announced an hour before game-time.

2. Get any late updates from Footballguys Shark Pool Forum.

During the games:

1. Monitor the Injury Report Thread from the Shark Pool Forum.

2. Monitor the Game Center for all games in progress at NFLcom.

3. Switch between chanels for all games on TV in my area - I don't buy The Sports package from my cable company.

If you do even half of this stuff, you almost can't help being one of the top competitors in your league.

Try out the www.thehuddle.com decent stuff there as well

to monitor games....heck just go to www.stoogetv.com and watch them all for free

I site a frequent is http://fantasysportscentral.com/football.

They give an average of projections from 10 individual sites. It really helps to determine a consensus versus 1 idividulas picks. Like all projections you still have to go with your gut even though 10 others have decided on a consensus pick. :music_guitarred:

I use the Average Weekly Cheetsheet as well along with FF today and Rotoworld. Rotoworld always updates rankings Friday to adjust for injuries etc...

http://fantasysportscentral.com/football/w...ycheatsheet.asp

besides fftoday, whcih website out there, there are planty, give you the most ACCURATE rankings for weekly matchups, plus a brief write up as to why

I never have and never will look at weekly ratings. I find I do better on my own and of course it is more fun if you do your own work. Why play if you can't run your own team?