Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Hillis leaves game

He was having a good day so the trust comment is garbage. You can't predict injuries.

Anyone see how severe this was?

He did walk off under his own power, but after a short while on the sidelines he went to the lockers with a few minutes left in the half.

yeah ive lost gore and hillis already today and have portis left to play!!! :doh:

Where is this info from? Or is it just because Bell was in there after halftime?

Rotoworld is the only concrete 'source' so far, though several people on one of the webcasts are also talking like it is a done deal (I had audio off for the start of the 2nd half) so there may have been mention of it on the telecast.

They need to implement a mandatory rule that the RB's have to drink at least 16 oz of milk a day...because they need to grow big and strong....

NONE OF THEM ARE RIGHT NOW.....

shanny anticipates hillis to be out 4, 5, maybe 6 weeks...it was on the local radio 850 koa on his post game press conference!

so who takes over at rb now?

Tatum Bell, Selvin Young (if healthy) and PJ Pope... probably useless in fantasy

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan revealed late Sunday that Peyton Hillis is likely lost for the remainder of the regular season after badly straining his hamstring in Sunday's win over Kansas City.

"Normally it's about four, five six weeks," Shanahan said. "It doesn't look good right now." Denver is so starved at tailback that Hillis figures to be carried on the roster into the postseason, but he's almost surely done until mid-January. Selvin Young (groin) is uncertain to play in Week 15, but will probably rotate with Tatum Bell and P.J. Pope against Carolina if he's healthy. Expect Denver to use a pass-heavy offense the rest of the way.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan revealed late Sunday that Peyton Hillis is likely lost for the remainder of the regular season after badly straining his hamstring in Sunday's win over Kansas City.

"Normally it's about four, five six weeks," Shanahan said. "It doesn't look good right now." Denver is so starved at tailback that Hillis figures to be carried on the roster into the postseason, but he's almost surely done until mid-January. Selvin Young (groin) is uncertain to play in Week 15, but will probably rotate with Tatum Bell and P.J. Pope against Carolina if he's healthy. Expect Denver to use a pass-heavy offense the rest of the way.

yeah, i wasnt paying complete attention, and did not have audio of the game, but it seemed tyhey def passed the hell out of the ball after hillis left the game. bell had a few carries one drive, but was noneffective.

too bad, hillis was a greatly productive pickup the past weeks. :thumbsup:

Christ, that team is cursed. I've had Hillis for 3 weeks, finally started him this week. At least he got a TD for me before his season ended.

Christ, that team is cursed. I've had Hillis for 3 weeks, finally started him this week. At least he got a TD for me before his season ended.

I'm right there with you. Started him for the first time this week, and this happens. :overhead:

Same here, but only because I did not like MJD's matchup. Fortunately I can roll with him (MJD) for Round 1 next week.

Cutler = playoff QB!!!

Shame on you if you were counting on on DEN RB!

Guy got injured. Nothing to do with shanny playing RB games. Dotard.

sigh... another one bites the dust, per rotoworld:

Broncos placed RB Peyton Hillis on injured reserve with a torn hamstring, ending his season.

He tore the hammy "a few inches off the bone," Mike Shanahan revealed, and faces eight weeks of recovery. Hillis won't need surgery. Hillis ends his rookie year with 5.0 YPC average on 68 carries, six TDs, and 14 catches. He has a nice outlook as a future utility man, but probably not as a pure tailback. While Hillis will be in the mix for short-yardage carries in a potential 2009 committee for Denver, teams don't usually "feature" backs with limited speed and moves. His long-term ceiling in dynasty leagues is low.

Oh well, he isn't the only one who let me down - Warner, Lynch, Keller, and Lance Moore.