Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Another Post Season

Besides the one fluke season where Peyton's defense carried the Colts, we can see another typical Colts/Peyton FAIL in the post season.

Peyton is the A-Rod of the NFL. :(

Let the hate flow through you.....

In all seriousness, I liked the Chargers in this game for that very reason. I dont really trust the colts come playoff time, and the Chargers are a real tough play for them....and have been for a bit.

As for being cheaters....honestly, for the ###### manning does ON the field with handsignals, etc...Im surprised no one cracks that consistently? Certain Ds notoriously give them trouble....and maybe thats why? But I def dont think its "cracked" in general...and if they cant do that, who cares what coaches on the side do.

The new rule where the D has the headset too should pretty much make this stuff old news.... :(

Watching the Colts and Manning choke in the playoffs never gets old.

By the way, looks like the Pats weren't the only team stealing signals:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/03/...s-are-cheaters/

Until someone produces video tapes, this is just a rumor. In the Pats case, tapes existed but that's a dead issue. Let it lie.

Well, I'm not going to dance on their graves but I posted in another thread where I thought Indy wasn't as dangerous as analysts were saying. Their second half of the season was pretty easy and they still just squeeked by in some of them. I also thought San Deigo wouldn't do much if they did show up but I was wrong there I guess.

Besides the one fluke season where Peyton's defense carried the Colts, we can see another typical Colts/Peyton FAIL in the post season.

Peyton is the A-Rod of the NFL. :(

Fluke season? Like the Pats havent been ruding on fluke seasons their whole existence? Tuck rules, cheating, incredibly lucky bounces and breaks. Brady riding the system... ya know, the system that Cassell mastered in like 3 games?

Hows Brady wrecked knee coming along? :)

Manning has a Super Bowl ring and MVP hardware and is a guaranteed first-ballot HOFer. Any questions?

:(

Fluke season? Like the Pats havent been ruding on fluke seasons their whole existence? Tuck rules, cheating, incredibly lucky bounces and breaks. Brady riding the system... ya know, the system that Cassell mastered in like 3 games?

Hows Brady wrecked knee coming along? :headbanger:

Manning has a Super Bowl ring and MVP hardware and is a guaranteed first-ballot HOFer. Any questions?

:pointstosky:

And he's got the same amount of rings as Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

Until someone produces video tapes, this is just a rumor. In the Pats case, tapes existed but that's a dead issue. Let it lie.

Well, I'm not going to dance on their graves but I posted in another thread where I thought Indy wasn't as dangerous as analysts were saying. Their second half of the season was pretty easy and they still just squeeked by in some of them. I also thought San Deigo wouldn't do much if they did show up but I was wrong there I guess.

But where there's smoke there's fire. Isn't that what all you as$clowns were saying last year. The only difference is the Chargers don't have a disgruntled former Colts employee working for them.

But where there's smoke there's fire. Isn't that what all you as$clowns were saying last year. The only difference is the Chargers don't have a disgruntled former Colts employee working for them.

Well, it WAS still a rumor until the Pats camera guy got caught, leading to the admission of guilt going back to 2000. Tapes (all of them?) turned over to Goddell/NFL backed that up.

Again, it's a rumor until evidence appears. I'm not a Colt fan and thought they were overrated coming into the post season so I'm not defending them.

And he's got the same amount of rings as Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

But he's got more rings than:

Dan Marino

Fran Tarkenton

Dan Fouts

Are you saying Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than those three? Wow!

Say what you want about Manning choking, but he wasn't on the field when his defense/refs gave the game to San Diego. It wasn't Mannnings fault nobody blocked when they were at the 5 yard line. Can't really blame Peyton for this one.

Dan Marino

Fran Tarkenton

Dan Fouts

Say what you want about Manning choking, but he wasn't on the field when his defense/refs gave the game to San Diego. It wasn't Mannnings fault nobody blocked when they were at the 5 yard line. Can't really blame Peyton for this one.

and none of the qbs listed benefitted from tapes of other teams and a tuck rule call...

brady and the pats are 0-1 in the no cheating era....

funny how a lot of coaches who also benefitted from the cheating..have moved on..got paid..and are all getting fired or close....

frauds :thumbsdown:

Losing in round one of playoffs >>>>>>>> Not even making the playoffs.

HTH

and none of the qbs listed benefitted from tapes of other teams and a tuck rule call...

brady and the pats are 0-1 in the no cheating era....

funny how a lot of coaches who also benefitted from the cheating..have moved on..got paid..and are all getting fired or close....

frauds :thumbsdown:

I'm still confused on how seeing video tape of practice can give you that big of an advantage. With all the available game tape that teams can get ahold of how would a practice tape of a walk through give you more information. They are prolly still cheating, how else could a HS QB (Cassel) have done so well. With the crappy rb's the Pats have always had they had to cheat. How else can you win a Super Bowl with Antowain Smith!

I'm still confused on how seeing video tape of practice can give you that big of an advantage. With all the available game tape that teams can get ahold of how would a practice tape of a walk through give you more information. They are prolly still cheating, how else could a HS QB (Cassel) have done so well. With the crappy rb's the Pats have always had they had to cheat. How else can you win a Super Bowl with Antowain Smith!

Coaches realize that opponents have tons of game film to study so they implement new signals, plays, and formations every week. When someone is filming the practices and knows what plays you run out of what formation, or whether or not you're blitzing when defensive signals are being given, it gives the opponent a huge* advantage.

*More than three points, if you know what I mean.

worst thread ever :thumbsdown:

You of all people should know this is not the worst thread ever. The worst thread ever is any thread started by...well, you know who. The welcher.

Coaches realize that opponents have tons of game film to study so they implement new signals, plays, and formations every week. When someone is filming the practices and knows what plays you run out of what formation, or whether or not you're blitzing when defensive signals are being given, it gives the opponent a huge* advantage.

Pretty damn good explanation there, Newbie.

For those wondering how the hell this transpired into a Pat's cheating debate, please get in line behind me.

Actually it was the post where someone confused RUMOR to EVIDENCE.

You of all people should know this is not the worst thread ever. The worst thread ever is any thread started by...well, you know who. The welcher.

Running neck and neck with the Welcher's post was $ephylli$ 'Pats Fan' thread after the Pats lost to the Steelers. May not have been the worst thread but it definitely qualified for the DOOSHIEST. :thumbsdown:

Well, it WAS still a rumor until the Pats camera guy got caught, leading to the admission of guilt going back to 2000. Tapes (all of them?) turned over to Goddell/NFL backed that up.

Again, it's a rumor until evidence appears. I'm not a Colt fan and thought they were overrated coming into the post season so I'm not defending them.

I was referring to Matt Walsh Fuucko. Everyone knows the Pats got caught at the start of the season.

As far as Manning goes, his playoff record tells us everything you need to know. In the words of Parcells, you are what your record says you are.

I guess Newbie didn't get the memo - there was no Matt Walsh tape. The Pats never taped another team's practice.

I was referring to Matt Walsh Fuucko. Everyone knows the Pats got caught at the start of the season.

As far as Manning goes, his playoff record tells us everything you need to know. In the words of Parcells, you are what your record says you are.

Way to stay classy man. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of just how sweet that victory over the Pats was and how special it is to have a team in the playoffs this year. :thumbsdown:

I guess Newbie didn't get the memo - there was no Matt Walsh tape. The Pats never taped another team's practice.

:thumbsdown:

Dan Marino

Fran Tarkenton

Dan Fouts

No I'm not saying those guys are better than Marino, Fouts, etc. My point was for all the praise Manning gets, his career so far has to be considered somewhat of a disappointment b/c he only has one ring. Not as big of a disappointment as Marino's but just brushing off another playoff lose like the original poster did is ignoring reality.

Useless thread, you guys are honestly foking idiots..

This forum gets worse and worse every year..

The voice of Reality has spoken and sometimes that voice is harsh! :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown: That's why I refuse to go into this thread.....oh wait....

Way to stay classy man. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of just how sweet that victory over the Pats was and how special it is to have a team in the playoffs this year. :thumbsdown:

Maybe that was a little over the top. I get you confused with your scumbag cousin Dirty Sanchez sometimes.

Look, the whole point of Florios post was how ridiculous the whole Spygate thing was b/c stealing signals is not against the rules. If the Pats had a guy with binoculars and a guy with a notepad sitting next to him they would have gained the same advantage as using a video camera. And if Goodell wasn't a new commissioner trying to prove he was the new sheriff in town, the Pats probably would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

And I also don't think Madden would have brought this up if he didn't think that there was a good chance this was true. After all, he coached in the league and knows all about the shenanigans that go on.

And Manning didn't choke yesterday either. He manned up this year coming back from the knee injury. I'm just so glad that there will be no Manning/Manning SB this year. That would have been unbearable.

:thumbsdown: That's why I refuse to go into this thread.....oh wait....

I could care less about the Colt's, but Pat fans are by far the biggest tools on the internet.. I just believe there is not even a close second..

Colts lose a close game in SD in OT and somehow it's Manning's fault.. Who never even got on the field in OT..

Maybe if SD wouldn't have dusted NE the Pats would have been in the playoffs.....

I could care less about the Colt's, but Pat fans are by far the biggest tools on the internet.. I just believe there is not even a close second..

Colts lose a close game in SD in OT and somehow it's Manning's fault.. Who never even got on the field in OT..

Maybe if SD wouldn't have dusted NE the Pats would have been in the playoffs.....

That's cool and I agree. At least you care about the Colts some. :thumbsdown:

Weren't half these people picking the Colts to win against the Chargers?

For the record!

Most of the Colts wanted to play Denver, not SD. We all knew the SD game would come down to who had the ball last. Well, it gave the Chargers the tie and they got the coin toss in their favor in the overtime. Manning played 100% better than Rivers, yet you guys are blaming Manning for the loss? How about the couple dumbass plays by the defense that gave the Chargers first downs? Yes, the Ref's had let those go in the whole game, but a couple of them should not have happened. How about Wayne's catch not being one, yet Chambers was? When, Wayne's was probably right, but Chambers was not a catch by a long shot.

Point is, any given Sunday. Point is, Chargers don't get passed Ten or Pitts, so it doesn't matter, only the Colts have a team that can beat them. Point is, WE got the MVP this year, We had a better record, We are the better team, but lost as any team can on a given day, doesn't mean that team is better. We have the better coach, we don't have a bunch of cry babies like the Chargers do. I would rather be a Colts fan than a Chargers or NE fan any day.

As for the dumbass that said the Colts cheated, I love how they cheated, just because ONE man said that he THOUGHT they had their signals. Maybe Manning is smart and figured them out. He does study the game and opposing team more than any other person in the league.

So, with that, Season is over. At least we made the playoffs, at least our SB run wasn't due to cheating and at least we have the MVP and Best Coach in History!

Maybe that was a little over the top. I get you confused with your scumbag cousin Dirty Sanchez sometimes.

Look, the whole point of Florios post was how ridiculous the whole Spygate thing was b/c stealing signals is not against the rules. If the Pats had a guy with binoculars and a guy with a notepad sitting next to him they would have gained the same advantage as using a video camera. And if Goodell wasn't a new commissioner trying to prove he was the new sheriff in town, the Pats probably would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

And I also don't think Madden would have brought this up if he didn't think that there was a good chance this was true. After all, he coached in the league and knows all about the shenanigans that go on.

And Manning didn't choke yesterday either. He manned up this year coming back from the knee injury. I'm just so glad that there will be no Manning/Manning SB this year. That would have been unbearable.

By that logic what the hell was BB thinking then? Why be so obvious about it versus a guy who knows you do that? Nevermind, I don't want to debate that crap anymore.

As far as Madden goes, who knows why he said that. He may be upset there will be no Favre this postseason and is confused.

:music_guitarred:

Hows Brady wrecked knee coming along? :)

:music_guitarred:

Aw, someone's vag is a little sore today! Don't worry, it'll be OKAY! :music_guitarred:

Some people kill me. Peyton didn't choke at all. He played very well, actually. Did we watch the game, or just bash Manning because we don't like him? No running game at all, and a defense that couldn't tackle, that's why Indi lost, for those who, apparently, don't watch football.

Weren't half these people picking the Colts to win against the Chargers?

As for the dumbass that said the Colts cheated, I love how they cheated, just because ONE man said that he THOUGHT they had their signals. Maybe Manning is smart and figured them out. He does study the game and opposing team more than any other person in the league.

So, with that, Season is over. At least we made the playoffs, at least our SB run wasn't due to cheating and at least we have the MVP and Best Coach in History!

I don't think anyone said the Colts cheated- just that they may have stolen signals which is actually legal as long as it doesn't include video cameras.

As far as Dungy being the Best Coach in History - I think he needs to improve on his 9-10 career playoff record before he even enters the discussion.

No, it is.

First it started as a fishing expedition. Next it turned into "who cheated", and the subject of the conversation is an overreaction to something John Madden said during a broadcast.

Teams steal signals in every sport. It's when they steal them while breaking the rules is when it's not right. So there's nothing to see there, neither.

And saying that Peyton Manning is a choke artist, when he has the most 4th quarter comebacks by any QB over the past 10 years (including Brady), is retarded. It's just Patriot fans needing to be heard b/c they're not in it.

Really, nothing to see here.

Manning called heads in the coin toss and lost.

Manning=Choke artist

Ya, Manning calls heads and as soon as the Ref calls tails, Jamal Williams says, "Game Over!" and turns around and goes to the locker room. And he was right- the game was over right there. :banana:

I don't think anyone said the Colts cheated- just that they may have stolen signals which is actually legal as long as it doesn't include video cameras.

As far as Dungy being the Best Coach in History - I think he needs to improve on his 9-10 career playoff record before he even enters the discussion.

:banana: