Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

East coast Bias at it again

I mean seriously they do everything they can to screw west coast teams. There is absolutely no reason why the Pitt/Balt game shouldnt be 3pm est game and the AZ/Phi game be at 6:30. Now you a home team on the west coast starting at an earlier time then they ever start games.

Its getting tiresome.

The game times were decided before the teams were so tell me, how is that an East Coast bias??? It could have been Ravens at Chargers in the night game. :thumbsdown:

Shhhhh. Don't burst his bubble. He's on a roll. :dunno:

They should have switched it. If a team has homefield advantage they should get all the perks. However, with a 3:00 start time, aren't they only starting an hour earlier? That shouldn't be that big of a deal.

They should have switched it. If a team has homefield advantage they should get all the perks. However, with a 3:00 start time, aren't they only starting an hour earlier? That shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm just guessing here, but it probably has something to do with the networks already having their commercials sold and the companies having spent x dollars for ads running at a specific time.

Doesn't this actually hurt the East Coast team more, having to fly cross country and play an earlier than usual game?

I mean seriously they do everything they can to screw west coast teams. There is absolutely no reason why the Pitt/Balt game shouldnt be 3pm est game and the AZ/Phi game be at 6:30. Now you a home team on the west coast starting at an earlier time then they ever start games.

Its getting tiresome.

Try living on the East coast and staying up for a World Series game that starts at 8:45 on a Tuesday night and lasts 4 hours.

Try living on the East coast and staying up for a World Series game that starts at 8:45 on a Tuesday night and lasts 4 hours.

I hear ya, I work third, so I miss just about every big sporting event there is. Luckily with the crappy economy I'm prolly gonna get laid of and be able to watch the Suepr Bowl! Okay, maybe not so lucky.

:ninja:

West Coaster's are pu$$ies.

+1

try living on the west coast working til 6am and getting up for 10 am games

Doesn't this actually hurt the East Coast team more, having to fly cross country and play an earlier than usual game?

No they will be playing at EST in their heads. It doesn't matter what time the game starts to AZ. They are at home, in a dome and have a extra day off. This will have NO impact on the game. On the other hand with the game in Pitt being later the weather could ?? be a factor. Usually the later it gets the colder it gets. I think the east coast teams have a legitimate gripe here.

Why would you go to sleep? Situations like this call for a marathon.

Yeah! That makes since! Let's make it convenient for the few that work crazy hours and not the masses that don't.

Perfect Westy logic!

:shocking:

Actually, AZ in in the mountain time zone. So the game starts at 1:00 PM mountain standard time. That's too early? come on now.

Yes but we move to PST during daylight savings time, this confuses allot of people. Personally I prefer PST, I love starting football at 10 AM with Bloody Marys and brunch.

They alternate the 3 and 6:30 game every year. Next year the NFC game will be the late one.

if you are working till 6 am on a sunday, you have more problems than worrying about what time football is on.

DVR/TIVO down?

Try working in a job that doesn't require you to be there until 6 am, or quit yer bitchin.

please dont be logical here.... :thumbsup:

players are going to get heads blown off in death bowl 09.....they cant show that game when kids are still awake....

if you are working till 6 am on a sunday, you have more problems than worrying about what time football is on.

DVR/TIVO down?

Ladies and Gentleman....we have a winner

:doublethumbsup:

I'm surprised how few people read profootballtalk.com.

The primetime game alternates every year between fox and cbs. CBS has afc games, fox has nfc games. Next year, regardless of the teams involved, the nfc championship game will be in prime time.

sorry cant throw away a 100k a yr job just to watch football

:huh: :lol:

Almost as good as "I'm 6'5", 250lbs and can kick anyone's ass on this board"

:huh: :lol:

Almost as good as "I'm 6'5", 250lbs and can kick anyone's ass on this board"

well I am 6'2 250, but prolly cant kick anyones ass though, I do make 100k a year though, as a blackjack dealer.

well I am 6'2 250, but prolly cant kick anyones ass though, I do make 100k a year though, as a blackjack dealer.

You got a lot of nerve buddy. You make 100k for focking dealing cards, yet you found a way to b!tch about it. Focking unreal.