Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Deon 'knows' McNabb wants out of Philly

TAMPA - Deion Sanders said this morning that he "knows" Donovan McNabb wants to part ways with the Eagles.

Sanders, on duty flapping gums for the NFL Network this week, was asked by Philadelphia Inquirer writer Bob Brookover why he hates Philadelphia.

"I never said I didn’t like Philly," said Sanders. "It’s a beautiful city. What I said about Philly was, 'Donovan McNabb wants to leave.'"

Brookover followed up by asking why McNabb wants to leave.

"Maybe because they booed him on draft day, maybe because they continually doubted him when he took them to four championship hgames. Maybe because no matter what he does its never enough."

Brookover then pointed out that McNabb has said he wants to remain with the Eagles.

"Donovan’s a well-spoken, articulate guy," said Sanders. "He does a great job of presenting himself professionally in front of the media. I’m telling you what I KNOW. Not what I heard. I’m telling you what I KNOW not what I heard."

I then asked Sanders how we could "know" if McNabb didn't personally tell Sanders he wanted to leave.

Deion got irked.

"I’m part of the media too," he said. "You can’t put stuff on me and in my mouth. This is what I do too. You come at me like that. If I was going to say he told me, I’d say he told me. Did I say that?"

So, apparently, McNabb either came to Deion in a dream and told him his wants and needs or Sanders divined this information through telepathy.

Or, McNabb told Sanders and Sanders didn't like being called on how he came into possession of such knowledge.

Either way, if McNabb does indeed want out of Philadelphia, he should probably stop agitating for a contract extension as he's already done. It kinda muddies the waters

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2...-wants-out.html

BTW. Can we just kill Deon already?

Deon is right about McNabb constantly crying about getting booed on draft day. McNabb is a whimpering pussie.

I saw this headline in the local paper, but haven't read the article yet considering Deion is the source. I'll get to it later. That said, there have been some whispers that McNabb may want out. Nothing concrete though.

I'm hoping it's true and he runs himself out of town. I'm tired of watching him on the field, listening to him after games, hearing him during the week, and during the offseason. Let him achieve mediocrity someplace else.

I saw this headline in the local paper, but haven't read the article yet considering Deion is the source. I'll get to it later. That said, there have been some whispers that McNabb may want out. Nothing concrete though.

I'm hoping it's true and he runs himself out of town. I'm tired of watching him on the field, listening to him after games, hearing him during the week, and during the offseason. Let him achieve mediocrity someplace else.

Ironic that we're all tired hearing you wanting him out. If he goes, maybe you should follow?

He is one of the reasons I cancelled the NFL Network!

Between Gumbel previously doing games and Deion being an analyst, it's amazing that anyone watches the NFL Network.

Between Gumbel previously doing games and Deion being an analyst, it's amazing that anyone watches the NFL Network.

C'mon, you gotta admit. Gumball was hysterical. Completely by accident of course, but coming here on Mondays just to read his F ups was the best part of Monday for me. :bandana:

First I hate Freon with a passion.

But I've heard different media people say lots and lots of NFL players do like Deion and talk/text with him quite often so he may actually know something. But he is also a moron and says stupid things so who knows. :bandana:

Ironic that we're all tired hearing you wanting him out. If he goes, maybe you should follow?

You're tired of it. You and you alone are tired of it. I'm tired of a lot of the crap that comes out of your mouth too, but I don't try and tell you that you don't have the right to voice your opinion here.

Just because someone has a difference of opinion with you - it doesn't make that person an ass. You're the ass buddy. You're the one that insults everybody who sees things differently then you, not me. You've called people dumb, you've called them twats, you've called em idiots and retards... you threatened to beat someone up.... I mean really - look in the mirror and you'll see who the one with the problem is.

And by the way - are you or aren't you a Steelers fan? You keep dodging that question.... I wonder why... :dunno:

Aww, does someone need a time out? Don't MAKE me turn this board around!

FWIW, I read a blub on phillyrag.com that the team Prez is supposed to come out and 'clarify' his comment vis a vis Reid and McNabb staying in Philly. Something to watch for. :dunno:

I'm fine, not sure about GOMM though. Mr. President of the Donovan McNabb fan club can't handle people telling him McNabb is wasting time in Philly.

Dude's a Steelers fan first and foremost and then acts like he's some diehard Eagles fan. He's happy as hell Pitt's in the Super Bowl, he just doesn't want to admit it on here.

Seriously though - I don't like McNabb the QB and he does. No big deal, right? Well, you would think so, but apparently GOMM can't deal with any negativity that is thrown McNabb's way. He's ripped Andy Reid plenty of times, but you don't see me insulting him because of it, do you?

It's a difference of opinion. GOMM needs to lighten up is all.

Aww, does someone need a time out? Don't MAKE me turn this board around!

FWIW, I read a blub on phillyrag.com that the team Prez is supposed to come out and 'clarify' his comment vis a vis Reid and McNabb staying in Philly. Something to watch for. :angry:

Banner is now on a bit of a hot seat with the backtracking after his initial "insanity" comments and f/u with "Reid and McNabb are staying".

As a fan, it's insulting to me that a non-football guy like him tries to spin crap into gold. No one believes a single word out of his mouth.

Suffice to say, the "hard edge" the typical Eagle fan tends to have on this bored is because of the double-speak we get from the top brass, the mediocre talent they put on the field, and the SB blue balls we've gotten 4 times.

I hate Joe Banner and wish he would just go the fock away. :unsure:

You're tired of it. You and you alone are tired of it. I'm tired of a lot of the crap that comes out of your mouth too, but I don't try and tell you that you don't have the right to voice your opinion here.

Just because someone has a difference of opinion with you - it doesn't make that person an ass. You're the ass buddy. You're the one that insults everybody who sees things differently then you, not me. You've called people dumb, you've called them twats, you've called em idiots and retards... you threatened to beat someone up.... I mean really - look in the mirror and you'll see who the one with the problem is.

And by the way - are you or aren't you a Steelers fan? You keep dodging that question.... I wonder why... :unsure:

I guess you're selective in reading posts, because in the other thread, others were telling you to STFU about all your negativity towards McNabb.

But you're very good at telling mis-truths, though. Keep it up. BTW, your idiotic question deserves no answer because it was answered years ago. Try the search tool; you'll love it.

I happen to think that McNabb should move on. He's not appreciated in Philthy, doesn't need the money, and I would think, the man in him needs to find out if it is him or the team around him.

And by the way - are you or aren't you a Steelers fan? You keep dodging that question.... I wonder why... :rolleyes:

some nice ownage here ;)

And by the way - are you or aren't you a Steelers fan? You keep dodging that question.... I wonder why... :sleep:

Testy aren't we? What happend to all that swagger Philly fans were carrying around here 3 weeks ago?

Quit being such a Donovan McNabb :o

I guess you're selective in reading posts, because in the other thread, others were telling you to STFU about all your negativity towards McNabb.

Let's put it this way - there are just as many people on this board that share my opinion of McNabb as there are that share yours.

More to the point - am I not allowed to say what I think about McNabb simply because it doesn't match your overrated opinion of him?

People have opinions on things. We don't always agree. Most civilized people don't go around hurling insults at others simply because they disagree about the value of a pro athlete.

But you're very good at telling mis-truths, though. Keep it up. BTW, your idiotic question deserves no answer because it was answered years ago. Try the search tool; you'll love it.

You're right. It was answered a few years ago - and you know what your answer was? It was...

1. You are a Steelers fan

and

2. You went as far as to state you would root for the Steelers to beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Funny thing is, you know I'm right and that is why you avoid the question now everytime I ask you it. If you answer by saying you aren't a Steelers fan, you know you'd be lying. That's why you keep ignoring the question.

I mean hell, I'll look it up if I can, but I don't think the search function goes back that far. I know you said it before the Steelers won against the Seahawks - what year was that?

Testy aren't we? What happend to all that swagger Philly fans were carrying around here 3 weeks ago?

If you read them, you'll notice I didn't post one word about the Eagles when they went on their run. I don't get lumped in with what most consider your typical Eagles fan.

Let's put it this way - there are just as many people on this board that share my opinion of McNabb as there are that share yours.

More to the point - am I not allowed to say what I think about McNabb simply because it doesn't match your overrated opinion of him?

People have opinions on things. We don't always agree. Most civilized people don't go around hurling insults at others simply because they disagree about the value of a pro athlete.

You're right. It was answered a few years ago - and you know what your answer was? It was...

1. You are a Steelers fan

and

2. You went as far as to state you would root for the Steelers to beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Funny thing is, you know I'm right and that is why you avoid the question now everytime I ask you it. If you answer by saying you aren't a Steelers fan, you know you'd be lying. That's why you keep ignoring the question.

I mean hell, I'll look it up if I can, but I don't think the search function goes back that far. I know you said it before the Steelers won against the Seahawks - what year was that?

No, you're just too lazy to look it up. I've said it quite a few times how I became a fan. I can't help it that you're not very bright. And when you supposedly encapsulate "the truth", when it really isn't, you just make yourself look even more ignorant.

McNabb was the overwhelming choice as all time QB for the Eagles on their own website, as chosen by the fans. You never liked him, never appreciated him, and you're ready to get rid of him and put Kevin Kolb in as the starter.

That is basically saying that you're ready to blow the whole thing up. That's just plain stupid.

As it's been said a few times, fans thought Jaworski wasn't good and wanted to run him out of town. Same goes for Cunningham. And now McNabb.

Argue with me, fine. Waste your time. I'm guessing everyone else appreciates your useless banter about me.

You don't like McNabb, I do. You blame McNabb for all their ills, yet put none of it on Reid. I think Reid's too stubborn a coach and feel he should back away from his other duties and just coach the damn team. You want to throw in the towel with McNabb, I'd like to see them add players around him and make a run at a SB.

BTW, can't wait to hear more about the "supposed rumors" about McNabb wanting to leave, courtesy of WIP and your neighbors in their row homes. Focking clown. :cheers:

If you read them, you'll notice I didn't post one word about the Eagles when they went on their run. I don't get lumped in with what most consider your typical Eagles fan.

Because McNabb was one of the main components of that success during their run and you're just a hater. A true blue Negadelphian.

I'm sure you wanted the Phils to trade Ryan Howard last year right before the trade deadline, too. :cheers:

No, you're just too lazy to look it up. I've said it quite a few times how I became a fan. I can't help it that you're not very bright. And when you supposedly encapsulate "the truth", when it really isn't, you just make yourself look even more ignorant.

Try the search function yourself. It doesn't go/search back far enough. But at least you've finally admitted to being a fan of the Steelers.

McNabb was the overwhelming choice as all time QB for the Eagles on their own website, as chosen by the fans. You never liked him, never appreciated him, and you're ready to get rid of him and put Kevin Kolb in as the starter.

What difference does it make that McNabb was voted the all-time QB for the Eagles?

I've said numerous times I supported McNabb through the first half of his career. It's only the past 2-3 years I've given up on him. I also thought it was a smart choice when Reid grabbed him over Ricky Williams. All of that is besides the point though.

And yes, at this point I'd see what Kolb has and sign a vet to go with if needed.

That is basically saying that you're ready to blow the whole thing up. That's just plain stupid.

It's not blowing anything up. The defense has already been turned over (outside of Dawkins). The offensive line has two starting tackles on their last legs and both are free agents anyway. The WRs they have now will still be there. Westbrook will still be there and they'll need to be drafting to replace him for the future soon also.

That leaves only McNabb. The guy has shown over and over again he doesn't win you the big games. Getting rid him wouldn't be blowing anything up that hasn't already been blown up on this team.

As it's been said a few times, fans thought Jaworski wasn't good and wanted to run him out of town. Same goes for Cunningham. And now McNabb.

You're point here is what?

Argue with me, fine. Waste your time. I'm guessing everyone else appreciates your useless banter about me.

What useless banter? I haven't said anything about you other than your a Steelers fan. And guess what - I'm right about that, aren't I? What else have I said about you?

You don't like McNabb, I do. You blame McNabb for all their ills, yet put none of it on Reid. I think Reid's too stubborn a coach and feel he should back away from his other duties and just coach the damn team. You want to throw in the towel with McNabb, I'd like to see them add players around him and make a run at a SB.

I don't blame McNabb for everything, but he's the QB. He has the most on his plate. He gets all most of the praise when they win and most of the blame when they lose. That's what comes with the position. Especially when your supposed to be a superstar in the league.

And I have critiicized Reid. I think he'd be better off concentrating 100% on being the head coach and forgetting about whatever else his other titles are.

As for McNabb, they've been adding players around him for 10 years now - what more do you want? I will say this about him though - I think he'd be a much better fit in an offense like the Steelers or Panthers. He isn't a great fit for Andy Reid's offense though and it gets tiresome watching him do the same things over and over again within it.

BTW, can't wait to hear more about the "supposed rumors" about McNabb wanting to leave, courtesy of WIP and your neighbors in their row homes. Focking clown. :unsure:

Ugh... back to the namecalling? And no, I don't live in a row home, but lets say I did - would that make you better then me? Does it make you better than those that do live in them?

Also - what makes you think talk radio is any different then getting a source from the newspaper? Would it really be better if I had said it came from Deion Sanders?

Even when I mentioned it, I said it's something to take with a grain of salt. Moreso wishful thinking on my part than anything else. I haven't tried to portray it as anything more than that.

Because McNabb was one of the main components of that success during their run and you're just a hater. A true blue Negadelphian.

Right, I'm the negative one. You go around hurling insults and threatening to beat people up cause they don't agree with you, and somehow I'm the one that's the negative person.

You sound like the fan out of towners describe whenever they come here. You know, the ones that give Eagles fans a bad name because they call people names in the same manner you do here on the boards. You probably don't realize that though, do you?

I'm sure you wanted the Phils to trade Ryan Howard last year right before the trade deadline, too. :headbanger:

I'm a Yankees fan. Grew up watching Donnie Baseball and been a fan ever since. :unsure:

So now I have a new question for you - Are you capable of discussing the Eagles without insulting everyone simply because they have a different opinion than yours?

All I've said is that I think McNabb needs to go and you've been jumping down my throat ever since. What gives? :dunno:

This is probably the year that the Eagles planned on getting rid of McNabb. The drafting of Kevin Kolb two years ago was done so that they would have a replacement ready to go. However, it has not worked out that way yet as it appears Kolb isn't ready to take over.

While I agree with their initial plan, getting rid of McNabb now would doom next season, and maybe several seasons if Kolb is a total bust. I would say look for a suitable veteran replacement, but there is not a lot out there right now.

Keep McNabb for now, and hope between now and next year a suitable replacement surfaces.

This is probably the year that the Eagles planned on getting rid of McNabb. The drafting of Kevin Kolb two years ago was done so that they would have a replacement ready to go. However, it has not worked out that way yet as it appears Kolb isn't ready to take over.

While I agree with their initial plan, getting rid of McNabb now would doom next season, and maybe several seasons if Kolb is a total bust. I would say look for a suitable veteran replacement, but there is not a lot out there right now.

Keep McNabb for now, and hope between now and next year a suitable replacement surfaces.

:lol:

If they don't extend McNabb's contract this offseason and plan on him playing out his existing deal, he'll be about $14 million against the cap next season if he's still on the roster.

If they continued to crap the bed at the end of this past season, I was all for letting him and Reid walk and to start over. But they proved everyone wrong, there is talent on this team, and he should be given one more year to make it happen. Now he needs players around him to get it done, and he needs consistency from the coach, but McNabb is still a good NFL QB.

There is no viable option at QB right now, so McNabb has to be the guy. Anyone who says otherwise is smoking crack. It's that simple.

There is no viable option at QB right now, so McNabb has to be the guy. Anyone who says otherwise is smoking crack. It's that simple.

And yet again, GOMM can't make a statement without insulting everyone that disagrees with him. Surprise, surprise... :unsure:

Jeff Garcia is available (best I know) and could take this team just as far as McNabb has. In fact, he already did it once.

And yet again, GOMM can't make a statement without insulting everyone that disagrees with him. Surprise, surprise... :unsure:

Jeff Garcia is available (best I know) and could take this team just as far as McNabb has. In fact, he already did it once.

So Garcia led the Eagles to the Super Bowl, or to an NFC Championship? Musta been sleeping.

You do mean the same Jeff Garcia who led the Bucs out of the playoffs at the of this regular season, right?

I don't insult you because we disagree. I insult you because I don't like you. Big difference.

I disagree with this. No way the team would have as many wins next season with Garcia as they would have with McNabb.

And yet again, GOMM can't make a statement without insulting everyone that disagrees with him. Surprise, surprise... :thumbsdown:

This is probably the only veteran out there that makes any sense as a replacement for McNabb. I am not too excited about Garcia as he is on the decline (same as McNabb). What I did like when Garcia replaced McNabb 3 years ago is that they, the coaches, called a much more balanced offense for Garcia then they have historically done for McNabb. If Reid would find a power back that could get us 2-3 yards when we need it, and would lower our reliance on Westbrook, and Reid would stick to a balanced offense, then I think McNabb or Garcia could both be successful in this offense (at least for one more year).

So Garcia led the Eagles to the Super Bowl, or to an NFC Championship? Musta been sleeping.

He led them to the playoffs and won a game once he got there. Unless you wanna run around wearing your NFC Championship t-shirt I don't really care much that McNabb got it right once in his 5 tries at taking the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Ya gotta win one of those, don't ya?

You do mean the same Jeff Garcia who led the Bucs out of the playoffs at the of this regular season, right?

I sure do. The same one that went on a 6-0 run and had the Eagles offense looking as sharp as ever during the Reid era once he took over for an injured McNabb.

I don't insult you because we disagree. I insult you because I don't like you. Big difference.

:thumbsdown:

Only reason you don't like me is because I don't like McNabb and I've called you out for being a Steelers fan. Either way, you haven't just insulted me - you insult everyone that disagrees with you about McNabb. Don't treat others like an ass and you won't end up being treated like one yourself.

This is probably the only veteran out there that makes any sense as a replacement for McNabb. I am not too excited about Garcia as he is on the decline (same as McNabb). What I did like when Garcia replaced McNabb 3 years ago is that they, the coaches, called a much more balanced offense for Garcia then they have historically done for McNabb. If Reid would find a power back that could get us 2-3 yards when we need it, and would lower our reliance on Westbrook, and Reid would stick to a balanced offense, then I think McNabb or Garcia could both be successful in this offense (at least for one more year).

I wouldn't be "excited" about Garcia either. Well, I would in the sense that I finally get to watch another QB start for the Eagles, but not in the sense I think we'd suddenly have a Championship caliber quarterback. There's also the fact that Garcia knows the system and is a good leader. He knows how to gain the confidence of the players around him. McNabb brings none of those intangibles to the table.

The point with Garcia though is that you could bring him in without this feeling that he's the franchise player. You wouldn't have to promise him anything. In other words, bring him in to groom Kolb in the same manner Reid brought Doug Pederson in to do that with McNabb.

If Kolb looks good in practice and has a strong showing during the preseason, Reid could then consider starting him. If Kolb doesn't look so hot, then you have Garcia run the show. I really don't think he'd accomplish any less than McNabb would.

The trouble with keeping McNabb is that he brings too much drama to the situation. You keep him on the team and you're more or less locked into him as the starter. I'd also contend that part of the reason the offense loses it's balance with McNabb under center is because he ruins the rhythm of things and leaves Reid left to compensate for it by passing more often then he otherwise would.

Holding onto McNabb is just a waste of time at this point. The defense has already been turned over. The offense is in the process of doing that at the moment. McNabb and Westbrook are the only skill players hanging on from the early parts of the Reid era. It's time to sack McNabb and draft a RB that will eventually replace Westbrook and possibly lighten his load in the meantime.

While the Eagles could still use a stud WR, they aren't always easy to come by. And besides, with Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson around I don't think people can continue to get away with saying the Eagles WRs stink. They aren't superstars, but they are very capable of doing their jobs.

Keep Celek at TE and either draft another one or sign a vet to challange him. Or go after Winslow if they really believe he's worth it (not sure if his attitude would cause the Eagles to shy away from him). The OL could become a big concern this offseason though. I'm not sure what they plan on doing there. If they let Runyan and/or Thomas go though, I would have to assume they plan on signing a younger free agent to play one of those tackle positions.

I wouldn't be "excited" about Garcia either. Well, I would in the sense that I finally get to watch another QB start for the Eagles, but not in the sense I think we'd suddenly have a Championship caliber quarterback. There's also the fact that Garcia knows the system and is a good leader. He knows how to gain the confidence of the players around him. McNabb brings none of those intangibles to the table.

The point with Garcia though is that you could bring him in without this feeling that he's the franchise player. You wouldn't have to promise him anything. In other words, bring him in to groom Kolb in the same manner Reid brought Doug Pederson in to do that with McNabb.

If Kolb looks good in practice and has a strong showing during the preseason, Reid could then consider starting him. If Kolb doesn't look so hot, then you have Garcia run the show. I really don't think he'd accomplish any less than McNabb would.

The trouble with keeping McNabb is that he brings too much drama to the situation. You keep him on the team and you're more or less locked into him as the starter. I'd also contend that part of the reason the offense loses it's balance with McNabb under center is because he ruins the rhythm of things and leaves Reid left to compensate for it by passing more often then he otherwise would.

Holding onto McNabb is just a waste of time at this point. The defense has already been turned over. The offense is in the process of doing that at the moment. McNabb and Westbrook are the only skill players hanging on from the early parts of the Reid era. It's time to sack McNabb and draft a RB that will eventually replace Westbrook and possibly lighten his load in the meantime.

While the Eagles could still use a stud WR, they aren't always easy to come by. And besides, with Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson around I don't think people can continue to get away with saying the Eagles WRs stink. They aren't superstars, but they are very capable of doing their jobs.

Keep Celek at TE and either draft another one or sign a vet to challange him. Or go after Winslow if they really believe he's worth it (not sure if his attitude would cause the Eagles to shy away from him). The OL could become a big concern this offseason though. I'm not sure what they plan on doing there. If they let Runyan and/or Thomas go though, I would have to assume they plan on signing a younger free agent to play one of those tackle positions.

Your point about there being more drama if you were to bench McNabb for Kolb rather than benching Garcia for Kolb is a good one. McNabb has been the starter his whole career in Philly so benching him for any significant time is not going to sit well with him. I think Garcia would handle it much more as a "team" player. He is not as invested in being the starter for the Phildadelphia Eagles the way McNabb is.

He led them to the playoffs and won a game once he got there. Unless you wanna run around wearing your NFC Championship t-shirt I don't really care much that McNabb got it right once in his 5 tries at taking the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Ya gotta win one of those, don't ya?

I sure do. The same one that went on a 6-0 run and had the Eagles offense looking as sharp as ever during the Reid era once he took over for an injured McNabb.

:cry:

Only reason you don't like me is because I don't like McNabb and I've called you out for being a Steelers fan. Either way, you haven't just insulted me - you insult everyone that disagrees with you about McNabb. Don't treat others like an ass and you won't end up being treated like one yourself.

I don't like you because you are a typical Negadelphian fan. And the fact you keep calling me a Steeler's fan when it's the furthest thing from the truth. Or your comments about unsubstantiated "rumors", when the source is sports talk radio.

You're just a fraud if you think you are representative of all Eagle fans. That premise is as ridiculous as bring Garcia back, the guy who tanked TB's season (yet you have no witty response for it when I brought it up previously).

GO YANKEES!! :music_guitarred:

I don't like you because you are a typical Negadelphian fan. And the fact you keep calling me a Steeler's fan when it's the furthest thing from the truth. Or your comments about unsubstantiated "rumors", when the source is sports talk radio.

You just got done saying you are a Steelers fan a few posts up... :overhead:

And if you weren't so focused on hating me, you'd have noticed at least once by now I said to take what I heard on the radio with a grain of salt. More or less the same way you should take Deion Sanders' comments about it.

Nonetheless, it's pretty amusing you're complaining that I said I heard it on the radio, and then a couple days later it comes out that Sanders says he knows McNabb wants out. It's obviously coming from somewhere other than just talk radio.

You're just a fraud if you think you are representative of all Eagle fans. That premise is as ridiculous as bring Garcia back, the guy who tanked TB's season (yet you have no witty response for it when I brought it up previously).

Ouch - in bold type. Now it hurts....

Besides, I don't think I'm a representative of all Eagles fans - never said I was. I don't care to be a representative of all Eagles fans. You on the other hand appear as if that's one of your goals in life. And the "Negadelphian" stuff is ridiculous. Look at your posts and look at mine - you're the one that goes around calling people names - it isn't me.

As soon as someone turns the conversation in a direction you don't like, you resort to namecalling instead of having a discussion about it.

The fact you can't envision a QB other than McNabb (or a superstar) running this offense shows you aren't capable of thinking outside the box. Laugh all you want, most people that understand the Eagles offense would realize Garcia isn't a bad fit within it. Especially as a guy you bring in for a year to give you some leeway with how you handle Kolb over the next two seasons.

GO YANKEES!! :)

I'll be rooting for them. And hell - at least I'm not afraid to admit what teams I'm a fan of.

Anyways, from now on I'm cutting out the bickering between me and you. Well, at least for the next few days I will. We'll see if I can stick by that over the long haul. I'd rather discuss the teams actual situation rather than whine over this other nonsense.

If you're capable of having a discussion about the Eagles without declaring everyone who doesn't share you view on them (McNabb in particular) a crackhead, jerk, low-life, etc, or threatening to beat them up I guess I'll still respond to you. Otherwise I'll simply keep my responses focused on those who can have the conversation without getting so bent out of shape over differing opinions.

Take care.

Your point about there being more drama if you were to bench McNabb for Kolb rather than benching Garcia for Kolb is a good one. McNabb has been the starter his whole career in Philly so benching him for any significant time is not going to sit well with him. I think Garcia would handle it much more as a "team" player. He is not as invested in being the starter for the Phildadelphia Eagles the way McNabb is.

I agree. I also think the way the Eagles have drafted the past two years set them up better to build around Kolb rather than McNabb.

If they really wanted to stick by McNabb for the remainder of his contract then there is zero reason for them to have traded out of the first round the past two years - especially when the one year they did it they ended up taking Kolb with their first pick of the draft.

Donovan was on ESPN Radio (The Herd) this morning. He said he wants a chance to work hard to bring a Super Bowl Championship to Philadelphia. He says the Eagles Fans deserve it.

I say he is a class act. A true competitor. And capable of leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl victory.

Donovan was on ESPN Radio (The Herd) this morning. He said he wants a chance to work hard to bring a Super Bowl Championship to Philadelphia. He says the Eagles Fans deserve it.

I say he is a class act. A true competitor. And capable of leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl victory.

Just to add to that - ESPN radio was just playing a clip from McNabb (I think from the Mike & Mike show this morning) in which McNabb again states he wants to sit down and discuss his contract with the team. They were following it with a clip from Ron Jaworski saying he thinks there won't be any new deal for McNabb. That the Eagles will have him play this year for the $10M he's signed for.

It may not turn into a big deal, but it certainly sounds like McNabb wants a new deal/extension and the Eagles aren't really interested in giving him one. If that's the case then there is the chance McNabb will make some sort of stink about it.

And FWIW, Anthony Gargano was just on the radio saying the Eagles will take a RB with one of their first two picks this year (they have two first rounders). Why he sounded so sure of that, I don't know - but he played it off as if he has some inside info leading him to believe they will definately do that.

And the other thing being discussed was the possibility of the Eagles pursuing Jordan Gross if they let Runyan and/or Thomas leave via free agency.